Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

12 hours ago, syntyche said:

@1ouise, I did not know that Anna Jo is @zinnia here on Soompi. Her FB posts are very interesting. I will try to go over her posts here.

@Calliep, thanks for sharing the videos/trailers. Now that's the "cinematic look" I was talking about. In fact, it's even on 3D. At first, I thought that the low production value of Faith was because of the available technology then. But CH was able to get that cinematic look, despite being filmed before Faith. So Faith must really have had budget issues. It's sad that it went through such dilemmas, and Minho had to endure it. But I guess him knowing that his fans actually loved the drama is a huge consolation on his part. By that, I think he's already managed to "become a person like him (Choi Young) who can give somebody consolation and quiet comfort merely by being looked at."

Hi syntyche, "Faith" has been mired in financial problems almost from start to finish. Its woes have continued long after the drama wrapped, news of which has cropped up every so often in headlines. "Faith" has still been unable to pay many of its actors, and PD Kim has been the subject of an embezzling investigation. May he Rest in Peace. He was sued for those unpaid acting, editing, and producing salaries under the charge that he had misappropriated 2 billion for personal use. "Faith" I know suffered its own litany of woes prior to airing. It got its budget slashed and was pushed back again and again & it lost multiple lead men.  Until Lee Min-ho signed on and the drama got rolling. Yet the cast and crew of that drama had not been paid. IDK if they're all paid now.  :o So happy that I think LMH has no problem about his TF in the drama since he was the lead. 

• Like 5

On 8/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

But Minho played Choi Young very successfully, I don't think he got the best actor award just because he's popular and famous.

@gtLmh0622

Spoiler

When I made the statement that "They had to give LMH and award because he is so popular but none the other actors did." In no way was I implying that I did not think that LMH did not deserve the award. I think he did and I am happy with his excellence award but I have read a lot to know that the TV stations SBS, KBS and MBS give awards to all the successful dramas even if the actor did not act that well. As long as they are popular they will select him or her.  As I said LMH and KHS was not nominated for the best couple but fans loved them. I thought they were great and made the drama popular even if there were problems elsewhere because of budget issues.

\https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_SBS_Drama_Awards

If you check the link, there were many successful dramas that year, so they separated them thus everyone could get an award. The Chaser actor got the Daesang award so they put him in LMH's category so LMH had the chance to win that category. Rooftop Prince and Faith had a similar story yet they separated them in different categories so both LMH and Park Yoon Chun can win in their category.

Gentleman's dignity and Rooftop prince were hits then so they had to win the couple's awards. The nominations for couple's awards. I can't find them now but I remember 4 of the couples from Gentleman's dignity and the couple from Rooftop prince got the nomination. The winners were one couple from Gentleman's dignity and the couple from rooftop prince. But our Imja couple were not even nominated. I personally thought the Imja (Faith) couple were much better than the other two but no nominations because Gentleman Dignity and Rooftop prince were hits.) If Faith was a hit, I bet the Imja couple would have been nominated. How can you nominate all four couples from Gentleman's Dignity and none from Faith if it is not politics? Ratings are everything. In only one instance that I can think of, ratings were not everything. I will talk about that tomorrow.

Quote from DramaBeans :

Lee Min-ho, really? Okay, so you’ll probably know very well by now that I have great love for Lee Min-ho, but Faith was the drama that made me fall a little bit out of love with him, so I have a bit of raised eyebrow at his Top Excellence. Well, he did propel City Hunter to great heights for SBS, so they’ll definitely want to keep him on their side. I can’t say that he really earned that award for Faith, except maybe by default considering the small number of miniseries on that list. No, not even by default, considering that Kim Myung-min and Lee Beom-soo had miniseries too. Sigh. Well, we’ll always have his Faith hair to look back on. Which I really miss.

sbs12_leeminho4.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/12/2012-sbs-drama-awards/

She did not think he deserved the award by the comment above.

Anyway, LMH came out ahead after all because he gained a lot of fans from Faith.

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho: conoce los mejores doramas del galán surcoreano [FOTOS]

DksDi6fU0AU-13E.jpg:large

Total 14 photos in the web page :

https://larepublica.pe/cine-series/1298560-lee-min-ho-enamora-fans-mejores-doramas-novelas-coreanas-kpop/1

Google translation (partial) :

Lee Min Ho continues to accumulate followers all over the world thanks to her doramas, in which she teaches how to make a woman fall in love and how to face life despite adversity.

Lee Min Ho is 31 years old and has a large legion of followers in different parts of the world. He is perhaps the most valued heartthrob of South Korea due to the fame he achieved with the romantic novels he starred in and which also aired in our country.

Lee Min Ho, one of the most popular Korean actors worldwide, began in the world of acting since the late 90s and early 2000s. But he was catapulted with the drama "Boys over flowers" (2009).

• Like 4

On 8/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, CarolynH said:

@CalliePThanks for the background behind Faith.  I think many of us, who are here now, began following LMH around Heirs or after.  I do remember one part where I said "again?".  Since Syntyche hasn't seen all of Faith, I won't mention specifics until we reach the episode.  I wonder why LMH accepted the role.  do you know?  I have seen the SBS award video in which LMH won the award and he looked so sad.  Almost ready to cry.  I felt so bad for him watching it.  I'm glad that he now can look back at Faith with more fondness.  

Here's a question for everyone on Faith.  Why did the King ask CY for his opinion?  did he sense something about CY?  I guess he did.

Why did the King ask CY for his opinion, I guess he could see that CY is a born leader and has a lot of experience.

Spoiler

Syntyche, the wikipedia gave a lot of information about the budget issues and the numerous actors before LMH. If you read it, they spent a lot of the money on promotion trailers with Kang Ji Hwan in it,  which was money wasted. The 3-D probably used up a lot of money as well. Fans who were waiting for Faith were disappointed when Kang Ji Hwan did not take the role. They thought LMH was not manly enough like Kang Ji Hwan to be CY so criticism already started there.

On the other hand fans of LMH did not like him to be with KHS which is 10 years older than him. I think that prejudice is one of the reasons they were not included in the nomination for best couple. Faith was jinxed.

They also changed LMH's hairdo in a scene which they re-did in a different hairstyle, maybe because fans complained. Those changes would eat up the budget too. It is filmed live and that caused everyone in the film to work 24/7 without rest. Very hard work. Now they are slowly increasing pre-production which is better than live shoot. I never knew if LMH got paid so thanks to GTLMH, I now know he did not but he kept quiet about it and did not participate in the lawsuit. He is really a decent person.

I was going to talk about Moon Lovers and Faith. Moon Lovers had ratings worse that Faith and many critics including Dramabeans panned it but it did so well among fans overseas and in China so when awards time came, they had a different reception. Most of the actors were there and won some award or other. IU and Le Joon Gi did win the couples award. I think the Imja couple had better chemistry than the Moon-lovers couple but the Faith couple did not get the recognition that they deserved. The LMH and KHS had chemistry off screen and on screen if you watch their BTS you will see it. Their chemistry is so palpable that scriptwriter Song noticed it at once when she met them together. Even until today, I feel that they should have won best couple even if ratings were low. I am still upset about it. They did win the Drama-fever best couple award though.

Faith is the only drama that I know of that helped many in their time of unhappiness and made their lives happier after watching it. How many dramas can claim that?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

The LMH and KHS had chemistry off screen and on screen if you watch their BTS you will see it. Their chemistry is so palpable that scriptwriter Song noticed it at once when she met them together.

Yes, I've watched a lot of their BTS, and I often see them both having fun. They do have chemistry. Well, Minho did say that she is his most compatible co-star.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Yes, I've watched a lot of their BTS, and I often see them both having fun. They do have chemistry. Well, Minho did say that she is his most compatible co-star. 

Hi syntyche oh.............really? Did he say that? I love "Faith" & I find it good though, it was not as polished as City Hunter. There is a humorous offbeat vibe, though. Any good show has a cast of wonderful characters and this K-drama definitely delivered, especially with two perfect leads. Oh my goodness, I love LMH here, wearing that sageuk costume!  Having Lee Min Ho in this drama really triggered my adoration. This drama is full of so much crazy fantasy fun.  I wasn't able to follow this drama faithfully while it was airing in Korea since I lacked time.  It was not my kind of show because I'm not really into this kind of genre but the driving force that made me watch "Faith" was mainly LMH.  I knew that even all else fails, Lee Min-Ho is the lead so I will probably like it a teeny tiny bit. Because you know it's purely fantasy and that whatever illogical thing they come up with is not based on what rings true in this planet. The only thing that I don't like in the drama was there were tons of really annoying extra characters that made me go like, "I don't have time for this. Leave." hahaha - And the ending?  For people who expect an ending with a kiss to seal it, the closing scene might look like “that’s it?” - hahaha - At least, they made me so genuinely happy. Although, I think the ending screwed me.  I'm so happy they're alive. Yes, it's a happy ending, but I wanted more of it. I wanted him to actually go to modern-day Seoul and see him try to survive. Over-all, "Faith" is a fun sageuk experience. I have my own DVD copy of this drama & you reminded me to find time to re-watch it. I want to re-watch it - I do recommend this drama to those who still haven't watched this yet - especially if you've never seen a historical drama in the past, or don't really like historical dramas. This is sort of the middle between contemporary and historical (though leaning more towards historical), since the female lead is from present day and male lead is from the past. LMH & KHS have age gap but they have nailed their romantic scenes so perfectly in the drama…  “Was I lacking of my yearning to see him or was I lacking faith?”  This was a very strong line I remembered from the drama. :lol:

• Like 5

http://www.promiz2014.com/shop/

The new items of PMZ :

%EC%9A%B0%EC%88%98%ED%95%9C-%EC%97%AC%EB

%EC%9A%B0%EC%88%98%ED%95%9C-%ED%82%A4%EC

%EC%9A%B0%EC%88%98%ED%95%9C-%EB%B8%94%EB

@CallieP

Spoiler

According to galaxy0401, Minho really got lots of criticisms when he took the character of LYS in City Hunter, especially from the male K-netizens, they thought the lead of Japanese caricature City Hunter was a hero who they wanted to be and he could not be played by a 24-year-old flower boy. After City Hunter aired, Minho's action scenes surprised everybody, criticisms were replaced by admiration.
When the news of Minho decided to take the character of CY in Faith came out, she worried about that netizens would criticize Minho again. But fortunately, even male K-netizens applauded it, they said LMH was tall and sturdy, matching the image of General CY, and his action skills were great.

I'm not the fan of Minho at that time, I really don't know what happened, I just read many articles written by senior Minoz.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://www.promiz2014.com/shop/

The new items of PMZ :

@CallieP

Reveal hidden contents

According to galaxy0401, Minho really got lots of criticisms when he took the character of LYS in City Hunter, especially from the male K-netizens, they thought the lead of Japanese caricature City Hunter was a hero who they wanted to be and he could not be played by a 24-year-old flower boy. After City Hunter aired, Minho's action scenes surprised everybody, criticisms were replaced by admiration.
When the news of Minho decided to take the character of CY in Faith came out, she worried about that netizens would criticize Minho again. But fortunately, even male K-netizens applauded it, they said LMH was tall and sturdy, matching the image of General CY, and his action skills were great.

I'm not the fan of Minho at that time, I really don't know what happened, I just read many articles written by senior Minoz.

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing these stuff of PMZ. NICE especially the last (2) pics.....:lol: And I love the color.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi syntyche oh.............really? Did he say that

Hi @willenette, I just quoted what @CallieP mentioned previously. And I think I read somewhere that he did say that. 

On 8/13/2018 at 2:25 AM, CallieP said:

Anyway he said once that Kim Hee Sun was his most compatible co-star.

Ladies, all these discussions about Faith made me even more curious and excited to watch it. :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @willenette, I just quoted what @CallieP mentioned previously. And I think I read somewhere that he did say that. 

Ladies, all these discussions about Faith made me even more curious and excited to watch it. :)

Hi syntyche, does it mean that you still haven't watched the drama? Watch it when you find time, it's good. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, syntyche said:

Innisfree IG Update 081618

The following promos are available at the grand opening of the Pakuwon Mall Innisfree store tomorrow

Reveal hidden contents

DkuO0VNU8AAE5j2.jpg

DkuO1ZSUwAcXExC.jpg

https://t.co/3I62gz8ZPs

*** Thanks for sharing this. Is this in Indonesia? This is the biggest mall there right, for which you cannot complete looking at in 1- day.  When I visited Indonesia some years ago, I stayed in Orchard Apartment. It has a direct access to this Mall  where it is located above this shopping mall. :lol:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Japanese caricature City Hunter was a hero who they wanted to be and he could not be played by a 24-year-old flower boy. After CH aired ....criticism replaced by admiration.

LMH may have been a flower boy in BOF since it is Boys over Flowers :D but that ended after in City Hunter, he is very much a Jason Bourne. Look at him in Gangnam Blues compared to Alain Delon (mentioned by the director) A real hunky french actor during the time of Sean Connery the original James Bond and similar to the famous American actor James Dean who is iconic for Rebel without a Cause and Giant. Turner film classics. That he can be both flower boy and a Jason Bourne is a testament to his acting ability to play any role given to him.

• Like 4

I think LMH has nothing more to achieve in Korea and this has been the case for a long time hence why he overlapped into China. It's more about following natural growth. I have never seen him as an Korean actor but rather as an International actor. hopefully he has stuided english in his off-time and becomes fluent as soon as possible. There are so many franchiese and movie-directors both in Hollywood and in other parts of the world who would love to get their hands on him.

His very charismatic and only works good in a very strong leading man roles and on the other hand korea don't really need a star-power hence it's a small country and the competition is slow. His more needed in a environment where it's competitive like selling big international franchiese whether it's marvel movies, DC comic movies or other sci-fi movie series. He belongs in such environment and he already has the fan-following to contribute.     

When you also look at the bright side Hollywood truly needs their strong Asian leading man for the next 2 decades since both Chow Yun-fat and Jet li are old and way past their prime and perhaps into their 60s nowadays. They need to be replaced by a strong Asian leading man and honestly there is really no one to fill that gap nor anyone charismatic enough to take the mantle nor anyone has the name recognition to fill such void. LMH naturally fits that role hence nobody has that international notority already. His arrived by using other platforms and it also means no more love-dramas or hack no more dramas in that matter just International movies and action perferably

• Like 5

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

@willenette, yes, I haven't seen it yet, but I am now, with the rewatch here. I've been sharing my comments as a first time viewer. :)

Yes, the Innisfree promo is in Indonesia. Minho is in MS now, but I guess his photos are enough to make the product do well. :)

syntyche, I believe that Innisfree is in good hands under LMH. :lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

I think LMH has nothing more to achieve in Korea and this has been the case for a long time hence why he overlapped into China. It's more about following natural growth. I have never seen him as an Korean actor but rather as an International actor. hopefully he has stuided english in his off-time and becomes fluent as soon as possible. There are so many franchiese and movie-directors both in Hollywood and in other parts of the world who would love to get their hands on him.

His very charismatic and only works good in a very strong leading man roles and on the other hand korea don't really need a star-power hence it's a small country and the competition is slow. His more needed in a environment where it's competitive like selling big international franchiese whether it's marvel movies, DC comic movies or other sci-fi movie series. He belongs in such environment and he already has the fan-following to contribute.     

When you also look at the bright side Hollywood truly needs their strong Asian leading man for the next 2 decades since both Chow Yun-fat and Jet li are old and way past their prime and perhaps into their 60s nowadays. They need to be replaced by a strong Asian leading man and honestly there is really no one to fill that gap nor anyone charismatic enough to take the mantle nor anyone has the name recognition to fill such void. LMH naturally fits that role hence nobody has that international notority already. His arrived by using other platforms and it also means no more love-dramas or hack no more dramas in that matter just International movies and action perferably

I applaud what you say and of the bunch of young Asian actors, LMH has the best chance to break into the Hollywood market but he really has to improve his English considerably. Good luck to him if it is what he wants.

• Like 3

Joonni's recap on Faith, a lot of good recapping and comments. It gets better with time so feel free to explore her episode 1 and onwards. Read the comments

https://joonni.com/2012/08/14/recap-faith-episode-2/

Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2012/08/faith-episode-2/

Spoiler

Spoiler

It is just a few minutes then CY returns in Goryeo time with Eun Soo in tow. It is funny the way she hides behind CY, her captor becomes her protector. Goryeo is a patriarchal society but God’s doctor is female, LOL. They bring her to the queen and Eun Soo is looking around trying to make sense of what is going on. Jang Bin asks if she is really a doctor the way she is behaving. Eun Soo had a eureka moment. Ah, it is a film set and they had an accident they are trying to cover up. She says she can’t lose her medical license by treating the patient. CY convinces her to look at the patient. She starts to work ordering them around using her light scope as the warriors look at in awe. CY gives her an admiring glance and LOL he goes and take a nap. The queen’s maid is a mole and passes information to a scar faced man who works for Gi Cheol. The warriors are admiring the police shield LOL. After it is done, Eun So tries to escape but CY stops her saying he will take her to the portal once the queen awakes, he promises her. Then the king shows up and talks to Eun So. She thinks the king is even weirder and pulls her hair trying to wake up from her crazy dream.

The adviser tells the king to keep ES with him to show his people that he has a God Doctor. CY said his word is his life and he promised ES. The king said a person’s promise to saving the country, which is more important. CY said, the advisor thinks breaking a promise is nothing, a warrior kills for his country but as a king shouldn’t he be above all of it, he questions the king and asks “Am I not right?”

Gi Cheol and his cohorts has the palace dignitaries gassed to death.

ES in her room cannot understand why there is no cell phone connection. She tries to bribe the maid to let her escape, the very maid who is a mole. The maid unlocks the door to the outside and leaves the room. CY asks Dae Man to keep and eye on Eun Soo and he goes away. Dae Man sees that ES has escaped and follows her. He watches her at a clothes store in the market. Sends a guy to inform CY. Eun Soo thinks the village is a drama set. She escapes Dae Man and gets knocked unconscious and kidnapped by scar face. CY gets ready to leave to find ES and his second in command tries to get him to give them orders. Finally with a sigh he tells them what they should watch out for and protect the queen, as for the king, they can decide, LOL , he is so blasé about everything, his second in command is more like the leader, conscientious and responsible.

As CY tracks ES, he realizes that she has been captured. He thinks to best clue is the ship owner and dunks him in water to get him to talk. He gets to where ES is and forces the blacksmith there to talk. He says that the king is being attacked by gas poison. CY reluctantly leaves to return to the king. At the inn, the king is under attack. They leave the building; Jang Bin carries the queen and the maid follows. Dae Man returns and overpowers the enemy archers on the roof. As Jang Bin fights the attackers, the maid tries to knife the queen. She is suddenly hit by wait a flying police shield that returns to CY like a boomerang, LOL, the things he uses as weapon, very creative.   The queen has awakened so CY asks the king permission to return ES to heaven’s gate.

He goes back but thinks they are gone when the cell phone chimes feed me. It needs charging Ha! Ha! CY and Dae Man accosts the guy who threatens to knife ES. CY coolly throws a knife at him, killing the assailant. He unties ES and berates her for not listening to him. She almost collapses but walks away, telling him not to follow her. He said the queen is fine and he is here to take her home. She is missing one shoe and tells him she would not be carried like a potato sack. He lifts her up and carries her effortlessly and a smile appears on his lips. Why the sweet smile Daejang?

At the portal, he gives her a majestic bow and apologizes sincerely for causing her harm. The music at this moment is beautiful. She looks uncertain and walks towards the portal. Then a shout, Jo Sung says that the God doctor must be stopped, CY angrily draws his sword and points it at the advisor. Jo Sung says it is the king’s order. The look on CY’s face is indescribable, he turns and pulls ES back he back hugs her as she struggles until the portal shuts. He lets her go and walks away devasted that he broke his promise. ES angrily grabs his sword and walks towards him and aims the sword at him stabbing him in the stomach, she belatedly recoils in horror but CY grabs her hands and pulls the sword through his body, aargh, he is helping her kill him, saying that she has punished him. She then tries to save him. Jo Sung tries to get them to leave and pulls the sword out of CY to hasten his death. He says they have to leave CY agrees and asks them to leave him. He can survive on his own. ES orders the men to get her medical supplies. Dae Man rushes in to the king’s room. The king wants to know if his order was carried out. Dae Man said yes and that is why he is dying. The queen gives Dae Man permission to leave and asks Jang Bin to follow. The dynamics between the king and queen is interesting. The queen has a mind of her own.

They bring CY back. He argues to be left behind, he knows how to survive on his own but ES refuses and says Shut UP, Huh! LOL

They get back to the inn and ES prepares to open up CY amid Jang Bins objections. You want to cure him by cutting him up, HuH! It ends there.

In this episode, you see the growing attraction CY secretly has for ES whether he realizes it. ES relies on him even though he kidnapped her.

• Like 5

On 8/13/2018 at 5:31 PM, 1ouise said:

By the way,  Anna Jo (Facebook) is @zinnia here on Soompi.  It's worth looking through all her posts for her translations. :)

On 8/13/2018 at 8:30 AM, syntyche said:

even thought that they could make their love story on their own even if I wrote rough scripts. What a relief...

Dear Minho, now sleep-deprived and busy shooting... I read an interview saying he already lost 7kg weight.

Please sleep and eat like Choi Young as much as possible on your own and I hope you will endure a long shooting schedule like a marathon. Fighting~!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=117892685402907&id=100015465282535

I found Anna Jo's Facebook but I don't know how you managed to find the Song Ji Na's translations. I scrolled down her page for a long time but could not get to the translations. I also clicked on your link above but it said I did not have permission to read that page.