Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

20 minutes ago, scrawford said:

My take when they said the drama will be delivered in 3 languages is that there will be some korean speaking, korean speaking,  and English speaking. 

but what do I know, we will find out :)

Ahh I see @scrawford  If that's the case, he will have to learn up Japanese , as you said earlier :)  When I first read the cast description in Wiki, was hoping he will take Koh Hansu.     It's a very challenging role, having to juggle with foreign languages.   Can't wait to seeing him playing that powerful gangsta role (love him in GB)  and the father one as well.  Sure they will adapt somewhat for him.  LMH as Hansu will be impactful!  He will make a difference.  

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ahh I see @scrawford  If that's the case, he will have to learn up Japanese , as you said earlier :)  When I first read the cast description in Wiki, was hoping he will take Koh Hansu.     It's a very challenging role, having to juggle with foreign languages.   Can't wait to seeing him playing that powerful gangsta role (love him in GB)  and the father one as well.  Sure they will adapt somewhat for him.  LMH as Hansu will be impactful!  He will make a difference.  

love your last line. True!!! :glasses:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Lee Min-ho confirmed to appear in Apple TV drama 'Pachinko'

l_2020102302001038700205901.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho will return with the global video streaming service (OTT) Apple TV Plus drama "Pachinko."

Apple TV Plus in the U.S. officially announced the production of the drama "Pachinko" and named actor Lee Min-ho on the first line of the casting board. "Pachinko" is based on a best-selling novel of the same name written by Korean-American author Lee Min-jin, a global project produced by global cast members from Korea, Japan and the United States and conducted in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English. 

Apple TV Plus's drama series "Pachinko" will feature a total of eight episodes of individual stories penetrated by history on a vast scale and in depth through four generations of Korean immigrant family epic stories. It is a global masterpiece cast by Korean, Japanese and American actors, and is also planning to shoot in Canada, starting with the Korean all-around on October 26. 

Actor Lee Min-ho, whose name is the first to be mentioned on the casting board of "Pachinko," plays "Hansu," a merchant who has built up wealth and power with ties to Yakuza. He plays an important role in the context of the story as an opportunist faithful to his desires or a mysterious person who pursues a forbidden love with a secret in front of love, drawing keen attention from the production team to Lee Min-ho. 

The fact that Apple TV Plus, which has a global distribution network, including the U.S., deals with the hard lives of Korean immigrants who have moved to Korea and the U.S. since the Japanese colonial period, and casts Lee Min-ho, a representative Korean Wave star, shows the status of Korean Wave content and Korean Wave stars in the global entertainment market.

"Pachinko," which will portray a chronicle of war, peace, love and separation, victory and referee between Korea, Japan and the U.S., will be produced by the production company Media Res, while "The Terror" and "The Killing" author Soo Hugh will participate as the main writer, general production and showrunner. In particular, expectations are already rising as Korean-American director Kogonada and former director Justin, who are famous for their sensuous production, are confirmed to be in charge of four parts each.

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=283793

Didn't we say before that we want LMH to be a huge star in the global scene?

:wow1: :wow1: 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 5

Just now, syntyche said:

Apple TV Plus in the U.S. officially announced the production of the drama "Pachinko" and named actor Lee Min-ho on the first line of the casting board.

Awesome!! :glasses:  

1 minute ago, syntyche said:

He plays an important role in the context of the story as an opportunist faithful to his desires or a mysterious person who pursues a forbidden love with a secret in front of love, drawing keen attention from the production team to Lee Min-ho. 

wow!! Love the description. Awwww with a “secret in front of love”... :criesariver:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [Upcoming 2021 on Apple TV + : Pachinko]
3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

So illicit romance but with Who? Sunja? But who is Kim Min Ha? I don't find anyting? And they say teenage Sunja so old Sunja who?

Young Sunja is supposed to be 14 yrs old, she loves Hansu but he is married so she marries someone else but has Hansu's son.  However so far Noa is not mentioned but Mozasu is who is Noa's half brother.

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Hansuuuuuuuuuuuu :happyshakes:

no, I don’t know any of the cast. I googled Minhaw Kim (Sanju) but couldn’t find her. I have no comment about the rest of the cast, only care about LMH 

I thought he would play Noa,,, but he will play as Hansu,,, i should look for his character description 

52 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hehehe, and I’m still here wondering how lmh will manage to play a character who speaks fluent Japanese. It raises the same question I asked a few pages ago, has he been learning OR are they changing his character OR are they going to ignore it and just pretend like they are all speaking the same language OR are they going to dub him. I hope it’s one or two and not three and four. 

I doubt LMH can speak Japanese fluently but If his voice is dubbed, it will not be optimal.  I did not like his dubbed voice in Bounty Hunter

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I changed the header again lol:lol:

Does anyone know if watch parties are available on Apple TV+?  I guess we have 6 months to figure it out.

Where's @gtLmh0622?  Why do Cminoz or Cmedia seem know before anyone else?

wow! Love the new header!!! Thanks!!! :heart3:

So LMH will have filming in Korea :glasses:  Japan? Canada? :wut:   so we will see LMH’s airport pics?? Omg omg 

yessssssssssssssssssssss

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

12 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Does anyone know if watch parties are available on Apple TV+?  I guess we have 6 months to figure it out.

I'm late but I come here now.

Cminoz or Cmedia are just translate Korean article or the post in DC, their sources still came from Korea.  :P

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 4

9 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Thanks for changing. Cminoz seems to know first. Thanks @gtLmh0622 Just realized we cannot edit in new soompi.

As I was saying above, Solomon and Mosazu is mentioned. Mosazu is Noa's half brother and Solomon is Mosazu's son.  Naomi and Etsuko is not even mentioned as characters in Wikipedia so no idea who they are. Wonder if they are leaving out Noa as a main character but concentrating on Mosazu and the other main character Solomon (Jin Ha)  One of the articles mentioned that the two main leads are LMH and Jin Ha. Jin Ha is American-Korean so he will probably be the 4th generation Solomon who moves to America. My guess is if they change the story a bit, the first part will be Hansu and when Hansu is an old man, Sanja's grandson Solomon will be the main lead with his life in America.  Hansu will be an old man in Japan.  Etsoko and Naomi is probably connected to Solomon.  That will be a big change if Noa is missing.  They also do not mention Isak, Mozasu's father and Sanja's husband.  Maybe they have not been casted yet???

12 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

wow! Love the new header!!! Thanks!!! :heart3:

So LMH will have filming in Korea :glasses:  Japan? Canada? :wut:   so we will see LMH’s airport pics?? Omg omg 

yessssssssssssssssssssss

Don't think LMH is going to Canada unless they change the story a lot.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Thanks for changing. Cminoz seems to know first. Thanks @gtLmh0622 Just realized we cannot edit in new soompi.

As I was saying above, Solomon and Mosazu is mentioned. Mosazu is Noa's half brother and Solomon is Mosazu's son.  Naomi and Etsuko is not even mentioned as characters in Wikipedia so no idea who they are. Wonder if they are leaving out Noa as a main character but concentrating on Mosazu and the other main character Solomon (Jin Ha)  One of the articles mentioned that the two main leads are LMH and Jin Ha. Jin Ha is American-Korean so he will probably be the 4th generation Solomon who moves to America. My guess is if they change the story a bit, the first part will be Hansu and when Hansu is an old man, Sanja's grandson Solomon will be the main lead with his life in America.  Hansu will be an old man in Japan.  Etsoko and Naomi is probably connected to Solomon.  That will be a big change if Noa is missing.  They also do not mention Isak, Mozasu's father and Sanja's husband.  Maybe they have not been casted yet???

Don't think LMH is going to Canada unless they change the story a lot.

I haven’t read the book, so Hansu is only in Korea and then goes to Japan, right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lmho said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hello. Just want to share at pic what I found.. the king eternal monarch ep 12 where Lee gon bought the cake for Yeong at the hospital .. the cake come from Paris baguette.. omg THE KING’S ROLL CAKE

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqFMwkronnXp85hikz_AjMgV8lmbnlq_onIJM0/?igshid=10bee5qqshdns

Hello. Just want to share at pic what I found.. the king eternal monarch ep 12 where Lee gon bought the cake for Yeong at the hospital .. the cake come from Paris baguette.. omg THE KING’S ROLL CAKE

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqFMwkronnXp85hikz_AjMgV8lmbnlq_onIJM0/?igshid=10czctqdv43yr

Hello. Just want to share at pic what I found.. the king eternal monarch ep 12 where Lee gon bought the cake for Yeong at the hospital .. the cake come from Paris baguette.. omg THE KING’S ROLL CAKE

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqH_Q-L2scmK6dvIMlqMeHdxXPmy5vbmSJv3o0/?igshid=mvjgebn1pqum

sorry double post..don’t know how to delete the previous post..

@Imho,  the IG page you posted above may have been removed, hence can no longer be viewed.

To delete - simply head back to your post, click 'Edit', delete it and 'Save' your changes! - That's it! :blush:  BTW, all cakes from Paris baguette are "killer cakes" - Besides, they're at reasonable prices. I love their cappuccino cake. It has great flavor and COOL presentation (in the shape of a cappuccino cup, complete with chocolate handle), and not the typical super-sweet one. Interesting and they have quality offerings. Their coffee is good, too! :grin:

13 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I haven’t read the book, so Hansu is only in Korea and then goes to Japan, right?

@Nikaa94, yes, Hansu is a native of the Korean island of Jeju but lives in Osaka, Japan. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Alright I got me a casting dream list 

Hoonie - Daniel Dae Kim.  Shoo in for the veteran actor, supporting role at the beginning. 

Sunja - I reeeeally want Gemma Chan to play her, even though she’s Chinese.  Gemma + LMH holy Jesus the visuals 

Noa - Ki Hong Lee.  He would look so cute with an aged up LMH, and he’s a great actor 

will come back with more 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Imho,  the IG page you posted above may have been removed, hence can no longer be viewed.

To delete - simply head back to your post, click 'Edit', delete it and 'Save' your changes! - That's it! :blush:  BTW, all cakes from Paris baguette are "killer cakes" - Besides, they're at reasonable prices. I love their cappuccino cake. It has great flavor and COOL presentation (in the shape of a cappuccino cup, complete with chocolate handle), and not the typical super-sweet one. Interesting and they have quality offerings. Their coffee:grin: is good, too!

@Nikaa94, yes, Hansu is a native of the Korean island of Jeju but lives in Osaka, Japan. :blush:

How do you keep calm everytime ?:lol: I didn't see you exciting for 8 years:lol: you are calm always :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 10/21/2020 at 4:21 PM, Joanna Alfson said:

You should perhaps try New york been there myself on vacation there is not much space 

@Joanna Alfson, they say that NY is dangerous for tourists. The truth is that New York City is one of the safest big cities in the world.Visitors are constantly under the protection of the city's friendly and vigilant police force. I love NY especially Manhattan!  In my opinion, tourists should avoid the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and pretty much all of Brooklyn (unless you have a New Yorker who can show you around). There's really nothing of interest for tourists in these four boroughs, though. The 24-hour convenience of NYC, its high quality restaurants, and the fact that it's less expensive gives the city a slight advantage.  :blush:

• Like 4

OMGGG, I got held up in RL this morning and late to the party!

Surprise, surprise, so he will be playing Hansu, not Noa like many people thought!

I haven't read the details but it seems Hansu is an emotionally complex character, unconventional and mysterious one that will definitely show his acting chop, something we've been wishing for. :love:

OMG, as a new Minoz, I learned few things because of this whole Pachinko project:

• Chinese fans are source of truth,  even when mainstream medias have not published it, they somehow gave hints about stuffs happening, thanks @gtLmh0622for always updating us about what the Chinese fans are saying 
  • If some news had spread about LMH and they're not being denied by his agency, big possibility that it's true, he will always deny things which are untrue

Now nobody can say that he always plays similar characters anymore, LMH always proves his critics / haters wrong!!!

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 5