Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 3/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, Deepakmahajan said:

Legend of the blue sea was never a bomb. It average 17.6% and reached 21 % at peak and was one of top 5 rated shows. It was on par with love in moonlight ratings wise. Just because it didn't become phenomenon like dots that year. Not every project of his is going to be massive like boys over flowers or heirs. And hallyu ban was there when it aired. That is too much expectation.  You just can't  keep peaking with every project . 

There is an interesting thing on Weibo recently.

Because everyone was suffering from COVID-19 and staying home everyday in China.
Lots of persons posted on Weibo to praise LOTBS, they said they gave up this drama when they first watched ep. 1 three years ago. But after rewatched, they found this drama was awesome, and the visuals and acting of the couple LMH and JJH were perfect. Some of them were addicted to LMH and became Minoz. :D

Lee Min Ho's dramas are trending on iQIYI. (Although I don't know there's English version of iQIYI). And according to OP,  that #1 there isn't a drama but a reality show. So, basically the heirs and lotbs are the top trending dramas in iqiyi. (iqyi is an online video platform based in beijing owned by baidu w 100.5m users)

ES99bt5X0AA0lgT?format=jpg&name=900x900

CTO via purple_heart87

And the rating of LOTBS premiere 16.4% broke the Korean premiere record for 4 years and I think it keeps this record till now. Premiere rating reflects the anticipating and popularity of leading actor/actress. And remember that there were director's editions for ep1 and 2 ? I felt so sorry that LOTBS was not a bomb because many reasons except good actors. (You may find many K-nets' comments were same as my opinion.)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

There is an interesting thing on Weibo recently.

Because everyone was suffering from COVID-19 and staying home everyday in China.
Lots of persons posted on Weibo to praise LOTBS, they said they gave up this drama when they first watched ep. 1 three years ago. But they found this drama was awesome, and the visuals and acting of the couple LMH and JJH were perfect. Some of them were addicted to LMH and became Minoz. :D

Lee Min Ho's dramas are trending on iQIYI. (Although I don't know there's English version of iQIYI). And according to OP,  that #1 there isn't a drama but a reality show. So, basically the heirs and lotbs are the top trending dramas in iqiyi. (iqyi is an online video platform based in beijing owned by baidu w 100.5m users)

ES99bt5X0AA0lgT?format=jpg&name=900x900

CTO via purple_heart87

And the rating of LOTBS premiere 16.4% broke the Korean premiere record for 4 years and I think it keeps this record till now. Premiere rating reflects the anticipating and popularity of leading actor/actress. And remember that there were director's editions for ep1 and 2 ? I'm so sorry that LOTBS was not a bomb because many reasons except good actors. (You may find many K-nets' comments were same as my opinion.)

thanks @gtLmh0622 for the insightful post ! I always enjoy reading the news you bring from Weibo. so happy to see LOTBS is still popular. I recalled LMH won so many online(soompi) awards and the director even claimed an award in the Asian festival so I still don’t get why it’s not a bomb in SK. 

Whether a bomb or not I fell in luv with LMH after seeing LOTBS so I’m sure it would happen to millions of other fans around the world. Before LOTBS I watched other kdramas just for fun but none casted a spell on me as much as this one did.

Hope the king would be a bomb but I hope he doesn’t feel the pressure we put on him. we support you all the way baby ! 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SophieH said:

thanks @gtLmh0622 for the insightful post ! I always enjoy reading the news you bring from Weibo. so happy to see LOTBS is still popular. I recalled LMH won so many online(soompi) awards and the director even claimed an award in the Asian festival so I still don’t get why it’s not a bomb in SK. 

Whether a bomb or not I fell in luv with LMH after seeing LOTBS so I’m sure it would happen to millions of other fans around the world. Before LOTBS I watched other kdramas just for fun but none casted a spell on me as much as this one did.

Hope the king would be a bomb but I hope he doesn’t feel the pressure we put on him. we support you all the way baby ! 

Lol u mean it won't be bomb because bomb meant underperforming or flop in that idiotic article.  They were calling lotbs which was a top 5 rated drama of year a flop. Ridiculous!

• Like 5

Lee Minho Exudes Charisma in the First Set of Publicity Stills for His Drama

Actor Lee Minho's charismatic first set of publicity stills for 'The King: Eternal Monarch' was unveiled. On March 16, SBS' upcoming drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' released three photos of Lee Minho during the shooting of the drama.

In the photos, Lee Minho boasts his dominance as the Emperor of the Korean Empire in the middle of a classic study. The place looks so deluxe that it looks like a place where only the Empire has exclusive access to. Lee Minho wears a neat yet sleek black outfit with gold decorations.

201412764_1280.jpg

'The King: the Eternal Monarch' is a fantasy romance drama that deals with the subject of an alternate reality. In one world, the Emperor of the Korean Empire 'Lee Gon' (Lee Minho) seeks to keep the door to an alternate reality closed. In the other world, however, a detective of the Republic of Korea 'Jung Tae-eul' (actress Kim Go-eun) tries to keep the door open in order to protect her life and everyone she loves. Kim Go-eun will play the double role in the drama as 'Jung Tae-eul' and 'Luna'―a criminal who lives in the Korean Empire.

Meanwhile, it was recently announced that 'The King: Eternal Monarch' will air its first episode in April.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005704306

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The King: Eternal Monarch releases character posters of Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun; cast members reveal details

The newly released character posters of upcoming historical fantasy thriller 'The King: Eternal Monarch' has revealed additional details about its lead cast members.

SBS has released new character posters of its upcoming historical fantasy thriller drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' that is slated to premiere in April. Additionally, the broadcasting channel also released interviews of its lead cast members – Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun – in which the actors spoke about their collaboration with popular screenwriter Kim Eun Sook.

So, let's begin with the details of newly released character posters of Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun. The promo photos of Lee Min Ho feature him in a partially lighted room. He is all alone in the room and his loneliness is clearly visible in his eyes. In the images, he looks suffocated and sensitive. It seems like the character is hiding a lot of mystery inside him.

Now, let's check out what the lead cast members have to say about working with popular screenwriter Kim Eun Sook. Both the actors have collaborated with the writer in their previous projects. So, it's not a first time experience for both of them. Still, the cast members didn't spare any words to praise the talented writer who has showcased her ability through work like the Goblin and The Heirs.

lee-min-ho.jpg?w=736

Lee Min Ho said it was a meaningful attempt to collaborate with the writer again especially because it was his comeback project. The actor also said he is working hard on the project to make it a big success and the viewers can keep their hopes high about it.

"After a long break, I am returning with 'The King: Eternal Monarch'. You have waited a long time, so I will come to you soon and make a good impression. Please look forward to the exceptional love story drawn by our drama," the actor added.

What is the story of The King: Eternal Monarch?

The mini-series revolves around the life of a young emperor named Lee Gon, who has lost his parents at a young age. He is raised by a court lady named Noh Ok Nam and his only friend in the palace is his bodyguard Jo Young. Since the emperor feels suffocated inside the palace, he tries escaping from there at times.

During one of his escape attempts, the Emperor meets detective Jung Tae Eul in a parallel world. She is a criminal named Luna in his world. So, he easily recognises her. But the detective fails to identify him because she does not have any memories of her past. Gradually, they become friends and work together for the goodwill of the people in both the worlds.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/king-eternal-monarch-releases-character-posters-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-cast-members-reveal-41188

• Like 8

Top 10 K-dramas for guys

There is an assumption that K-dramas are for female viewers only, that it’s all rom-coms and family dramas, but there is a subsection of the form that has been tailored specifically to draw in a male viewership as well. There have also been popular crossover properties, of course, but you can usually tell when the producers are going after guy viewers and sometimes the gamble pays off handsomely.

So here are 10 K-dramas guys can binge. Of course, it’s heavy on action, but it’s also about soldiers, spies, criminals, tycoons, kings and mythological beings. There really is something for everyone in K-drama and it’s the perfect time to binge. Here are our top recommendations, arranged alphabetically by title:

1) “City Hunter” (2011)

This is the big daddy of them all, the K-drama that established what an action K-drama should be as so many K-dramas on this list carries some of this one’s DNA. Not only did “City Hunter” establish Lee Min-ho’s K-drama bonafides, it established Park Min-young’s as well. Very complicated back stories, covert operations gone awry, father figures, secret identities and a very real assassination plot turn “City Hunter” into an adrenaline-

fueled, intrigue-filled, even politically charged show. Min-ho is a mysterious but well-trained agent with revenge in his heart and the skills to do it; Min-young’s the National Intelligence Service agent who’s convinced to join him. This show’s ending remains among the best in all K-dramas.

ETPSeEBUcAALC-T?format=jpg&name=small

https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/359160/top-10-k-dramas-for-guys/

5 Short Korean Dramas You Can Binge-Watch in 4 Hours or Less

Are you looking for short Korean dramas that you can finish in just one sitting? Fret not because short series exist. If you are someone who is a little bit impatient to watch those long never ending series, then we've got you covered. Scroll down to see what's should be next on your short drama series list!

• Seven First Kisses

"Seven First Kisses" has 8 episodes which is 9-12 minutes per episode takes an hour and a half to finish the drama.

The story of "Seven First Kisses" centers on Min Soo-jin, portrayed by Lee Cho-hee, who is a Lotte Duty Free store employee and has never experienced dating. One fine day, she meets with the goddess of date, played by Choi Ji-woo, who is like a fairy Godmother that grants her a chance to select the perfect partner for her first kiss among seven good looking men. The seven men were ... and a free-spirited travel writer Lee Min-ho.

5-short-korean-dramas-you-can-binge-watcETPeMsPVAAAwd3D?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/117464/20200316/5-short-korean-dramas-you-can-binge-watch-in-4-hours-or-less.htm

12 K-Dramas Worth Watching Again And Again

The Heirs

Starring: Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye
Where to watch: Netflix, Viu
Why you should rewatch it: Lee Min Ho was that rich, bad boy you had a massive crush on growing up—and even now in your 20s, you still aren't over him.

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/k-dramas-worth-watching-again-a1027-20200318

• Like 5

LMH for Shinsegae Chosun Hotel

L'Escape Hotel, Seoul

ETiqgD0U4AEp255?format=jpg&name=small

ETiqfhvU8AE3phP?format=jpg&name=small

ETiqe6NU0AADQJS?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

ETiqe6NUUAABY6u?format=jpg&name=small

ETiqe6NUEAAuHmo?format=jpg&name=small

ETiqe6NUwAEhwRV?format=jpg&name=small

ETiqfiQUEAERbsf?format=jpg&name=small

ETiqfitVAAAUfXx?format=jpg&name=small

ETiqfjLUMAAxgHN?format=jpg&name=small

LMH is official nominee for The Most Handsome Men of 2020! 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Hello again!

@SophieH:  yay you got an avatar!:D

@callieP:  I'm surprised DB never posted the 2nd teaser.  

At least a nice photo of LMH was chosen for the 100 most beautiful faces.  

We need a trailer soon!

Stay healthy!

@CarolynH thanks for noticing my avatar :blush: . 

@syntyche wow I’m surprised our boy is active on IG hey ! Nice to see him communicating in English. he is probably also lurking here and there, reading our comments and messages . 

hope everyone stays safe and sound. It’s getting crazy everywhere but knowing we can see our king in less than a month is definitely comforting. 

• Like 7

I think I have too much time on my hands now :lol: because i wondered if we could form a watch party.  If you have an iphone you can facetime up to 31 people.  Thoughts?  Not sure how this would work; we'd need a practice run a week or so before.

I'm thinking that teaser #1 would be a good opening scene for The King.  

• Like 4

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=683143

I saw Lee Min Ho in person today.

Really soooooo handsome.
I only like him in dramas but not a fan.

But I was speechless when I saw him.

Because he's too handsome that I just kept on staring him after the first sight.

Really like a statue.

Oh.........going crazy.

Even back of his head is so handsome that words can not describe.

It's an amazing day that I could see a handsome man for a long time.

(translating is according Chinese translating by 虾虾,YCH)

• Like 9
  • Love 1

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/highly-anticipated-korean-drama-the-king-eternal-monarch-to-premiere-on-netflix-in-april?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED KOREAN DRAMA THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH TO PREMIERE ON NETFLIX IN APRIL

Popular K-drama actors Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun to team up with renowned writer Kim Eun-suk 

f35a9eurr

SEOUL, March 23, 2020 - Netflix Inc., the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, confirms that The King: Eternal Monarch, written by renowned screenwriter Kim Eun-suk (Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, Descendants of the Sun, Mr. Sunshine), will premiere on Netflix in April.

The King: Eternal Monarch is a romantic fantasy drama that takes the genre to a whole new level. The series revolves around relationships of the people from two parallel universes. King Lee Gon, played by Lee Min-ho, seeks to seal the gateway between dimensions, while Jung Tae-eul, played by Kim Go-eun, is a police inspector who wholeheartedly wants to protect other’s lives and their loves.

The King: Eternal Monarch has already generated much excitement for its all-star cast that includes Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun as lead roles, along with a group of talented and unique supporting actors, namely Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae, and Lee Jung-jin. For Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, this is their second time working with writer Kim, after having starred in Inheritors and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, respectively.

The King: Eternal Monarch is directed by Baek Sang-hoon (Secret, Who Are You: School 2015 and Descendants of the Sun) and Jeong Jee-hyun (Search: WWW), and will be available exclusively on Netflix, outside Korea.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

“The King: Eternal Monarch”, More Titles Gear Up For Netflix Top-Notch Releases This Season

NETFLIX JUST ROLLED OUT NEW ADDITIONS TO ITS CATALOG – AND YES, IT IS BOUND TO REIGN THE VIEWERS’ HEARTS!

Continuing the viral popularity of its recently released Korean original series, Netflix throws in promising new K-Drama treats. 

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH

• PREMIERE DATE: April/2020
  • MAIN CAST: Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae

Taking a fantasy romance drama to a whole new level, The King: Eternal Monarch takes two settings following umits parallel universe theme.

King Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) seeks to seal the portal between the two dimensions. Meanwhile, police inspector Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) earnestly hopes to protect the people and her loved ones.

Bannered by a top-tier creative team, the series is penned by Kim Eun Sook of Goblin, Mr. Sunshine and Descendants of the Sun fame. It will be co-directed by Baek Sang-hoon (Secret, Who Are You: School 2015, Descendants of the Sun) and Jeong Jee-hyun (Search: WWW).

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/the-king-eternal-monarch-more-netflix-korean-dramas/

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1