Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Guest linakyon

@hkana @achil Excluding the derp face pics which made me OTL
The ones he was smiling asdfghjkl.That was exactly my reaction! His perfect smile and I just *drownsss in feeels* o<-<

tumblr_mtts1nstdp1s3vkhfo1_250.giftumblr_mtts1nstdp1s3vkhfo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mtts1nstdp1s3vkhfo3_r1_250.gif
gifs cr shinfly.tumblr.com

@achil =)) SHCJ are troll masters! But after seeing that, I'd totally buy if they release a music box that plays Swan lake melody with moving shinfigurines on top ;))

It's hard to pinpoint how exactly he became my bias.I could write a long essay about that :))
 But simply put and the more I think about it, it resumes to these reasons:

1)Personality.
He is kind and easygoing, even though he may be sensitive at times, which I can totally relate ;))  I love the way he treats fans as friends/family since the very beginning, 'Shinhwa is not responsible for your lives' or the famous scolding sessions that we all have read about .He won't hold back and say what he has to say.I admire him for doing that because being a celebrity that is not an easy task.
And this admiration just keeps growing.Remember this last concert,when he asked fans not to blame a particular person or company because every decision they made is based on 6 opinions? Even though it was probably due to Andy's situation which lead to many fans blaming the other members for holding an anniversary concert without Andy, particularly Eric and Minwoo since they are the CEOs, for me it has a wider meaning, basically it can apply to anything.We often see that, when faced with unexpected situations many fans tend to forget that, because it's always easier to push the blame to someone.

2)Lame jokes
 That's right, you didn't read wrong :)) Even though sometimes you have the urge to 'punch' him,I can't deny, it won't fail to make me laugh, be it the joke itself, his facial expression after he tells it and he's waiting for everyone's reaction.

3)Dimples
I have a soft spot for guys with dimples.It's my ultimate weakness o you take my heart *raises white flag* :))

@achil First I knew about Shinhwa in Fall 2011, I think around October. I was watching Hong Kyungmin's videos and saw Jipijigi with Minwoo, Hyesung, Dongwan.  That time, Minwoo caught my eyes the most. Then Athlete Jin on Dream Team whoa he's invincible.  (that's why Domestic Team is my top 3 biases :D)When SB started, I saw Dongwan always accepts the teasing generously, just like what I saw on their old videos. Don't remember anymore when I started to always cheer for him :D  I learned about his solo works, acting works, reading his blog, his interviews... I'm not sure which came first but they all add my admiration for him.  :D  Rather than an instant attractiveness, I think it's more like growing little by little ^^ 

--
Remember this ?

9f5f58b5gw1eevnekw525j20c8085q37.jpg
Then :9f5f58b5gw1eevndtul09j20rk0ta76h.jpg

cr. http://www.weibo.com/montzuma7 
Not forgetting 'Queens Get The Money' cap.  Poor Wannie, got trolled again ;)

--
@linakyon a gift for you :

Curly hair Dongwan :
c172cb00gw1eew4xmwakvg208n0a5e82.gif

c172cb00gw1eew4xpmd8ag208309v1ky.gif

c172cb00gw1eew4xrwpjjj20a50aq0t8.jpg

c172cb00gw1eew4ycm89hj20c80c83yu.jpg

c172cb00gw1eew4yf9oolg20b408ce86.gif

This one, you'll take?  :D
c172cb00gw1eew4xrf8w5g20ci09e1l5.gif

cr. 其實加井是allwan控

Guest linakyon

@hkana First shock then kyaaaaaaaaa =)) Hands down!You made me squeal with the last gif *flips table*OPPA!!!asdfghjkl o<-<

Ugh I fail at spoiler.  I'll fixed that later lol...
@linakyon His jokes, even when people say it's lame, never fail to make me laugh  :) His expressions and body language too :))  And he seems hungry about his works, I found it admirable too.   
DW was scared of Kiwi Prince  lol
70def351gw1eews73wknog209u07ie83.gif cr. 橙橙橙小易
This is so cuuuuuteee BjzwU6OCAAAjvnf.jpg
cr. as tagged via ThankYouShinhwa  (there are pic of other member too)

Guest linakyon

@hkana No one can mess with our maknae =))

Let's not forget about fabulous Hedwig eonnie :))

9nufc.jpg?w=620
cr @.ginasam, absolute shinhwa y9gxs.jpg?w=620
cr @.ginasam, absolute shinhwa
/runs

And to beg forgiveness :D
tumblr_mfc9nlKoiP1qbnooio1_r2_250.gif

cr on gif 

Am I forgiven? :P

LMAO =))you guys make my sunday morning perfect.@hkana you make me scream because of that curly hair. kyahahahaha =))maknae is like the real hyung. hahaha.dongwan oppa, don't dare to annoy him. I have a feeling you'll lose to him :P
@linakyon you are the same.kyaaaaaaa that long curly hair combined with some muscle.why why why i make this oppa as my bias. hahahahahahaha :))
and no, you haven't forgiven yet. That's not enough, i want more. I will forgive you if you post DW's pics that will make my nose bleeding :P
btw, you guys have made the reason why you fall in love with this guy. I have the same reason, nice personality, lame jokes, etc etc.I will make my essay about kim dongwan after I am working out. hehe*ps : making a post about why i love KDW will take a long time, because I am sure it will be a long post, and also english is not my main language, so yeah, it'll take a long time.

Guest linakyon

@achil Pfft...Don't worry about that, it's not my native language as well, so I often make mistakes and sometimes is hard to express myself xD What matters the most is that we understand ourselves :)

kyaaaaaaaaaaa thank you @linakyon, thank you  >:D< you know I really enjoyed your post. I can't stop smiling and giggling when scrolling this page. hahaha
Ok, so why do I love kdw? *I want to make an essay about kdw, but I’ll just make it short, haha*The things that made me impressed the most are his singing ability and personality.

Tbh he is the first shinhwa member that I know first. I watched family outing in 2011 and I found him handsome. But that’s all. Until 1 november 2012 I decided to watch shinbang, I found those guys were hillarious. But at that time I still couldn’t differentiate who is who (exclude eric and junjin, they’re the most handsome when I watched shinbang for the first time :P ).

And then I tried to listen their music style, I watched venus perf and I tought: it’s not bad, and wow these ahjushis still have power.  And then I watched “hurts”. WOW, so these guys can sing ballad. I love ballad so much. And for the first time, I was impressed by their music perf. That’s why “hurts” is one of my fave song until now. My favorite is the vocal line of course.

Because they’re hilarious on shinbang and they’re awesome on music stage, so I decided to join the fandom. I started to search everything about them. I saw their music stage. I love dongwan high note.

Then I found “Shinhwa isn’t responsible for your lives” this statement left a big amazement for me. This guy really different, he told the fans not to waste too much time just for shinhwa. Woah this guy is really something. I tried to read some english version compilation of his blog. He has a lot of knowledge, wise, and so straightforward. Besides, his dorkness, lame jokes, that are his charm. People want to punch him, but his face just so funny =))

I love your statement @hkana: my admiration for him just growing little by little. Just like you, actually I don’t remember when I started to love KDW (But I remember when I started to love shinhwa). 

High five @linakyon, I have weakness for dimples as well. kyaaaaaa. And this ahjushi has dimples. kyaaaaaaaaa :x

tumblr_m9ew8fXGjg1qefckho1_500.jpg

cr on pic

Guest linakyon

@hkana @achil Oh~It's funny the three of us had the first contact with Shinhwa or a member back in 2011.It was the same for me :)

@achil Your story is almost identical to mine :D The first member I knew from Shinhwa was Eric after watching Spy Myung Wol, but like you didn't pay much attention, even though I found him attractive.Then I actually heard Venus and I liked it, but once again didn't pay much attention to the group.
Then, like you I started watching SB in November 2012.I was tired of watching kdrama so I decide to give it a try to variety shows.While I was searching a show to watch I came across with a comment about SB.It mentioned that it was a funny show to watch,that you should give it  try even if you weren't a fan.Besides that it also mentioned that it featured Eric from Spy Myung Wol and his group so I started watching it.
Needless to say I became an instant fan and grateful to the person who wrote the comment for introducing me to this wonderful group and of course amazing fans :D
Ah~I also had some troubles with their faces apart Eric, so I had to pause several times to memorize their faces and names :))

Dimples :-bd
2010120918534977579_1.jpg
cr as tagged

yes yes, at that time, I was tired with drama, I wanted to watch a new variety show. If I remember, it was dramabeans that lead me to try shinbang. There were some comments that praise shinhwa and shinhwa broadcast. So I tried it.
And you're right. The first time I saw shinbang, Eric was the most attractive. Even until now, when dongwan has been my bias, I think he is the most handsome among the member.When I started watch shinbang, my trouble was the same with you, it was hard to remember their faces and names, except eric and junjin.So when I watched hurts performance for the first time, I rewatched shinbang eps 1 as well.I remembered like this: oooh the vocal line were superman, wonder woman, and tarzan. And then eric, junjin, and james bond were the rappers :))I pressed pause and play several times to identify their original name.
I found soompi forum because when I was watching family outing, there was an eps that they mention shinhwa and kim dongwan, and then family members laughed and felt sorry towards park si yeon. I was confused, I tought it because she had some scandal with KDW or something, then I tried google it, found comment from soompi threads. And I learned that PSY was eric's ex-gf,
I decided to join this site, because in my real life, I don't have any close friend who loves shinhwa like me.It's fun making a new friend with fellow shincang via internet forum like this. hahaha.I'm glad I know you all guys *sent my virtual hugs to all of you* >:D<
And this is so cuuuteee, dongwan with braces, and he try to cover ittumblr_inline_mwmmenLvk91qe4z6o.gif
cr on pic, taken from kimdongwan tumblr

@linakyon Hedwig unnie is so pretty, particularly in that first picture… she looks like Wynona Ryder there, doesn’t she? :P  (though hair reminds me of a poodle keke)
Hedwig days… oooh *faints*
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa thank you for the pics! Getting hotter as I rolled down!
That’s true, his smile is irresistible… it looks like coming from his heart keke… his laughter is contagious too! Remember the story when a girl was angry at him because of parking incident and turned out to be a fan? keke
@achil I don’t remember how I found Soompi… :P   Me too, I wasn’t really into Kpop and more into Kdrama so I had almost zero knowledge about idols.  I still do, though I know more names at least :P 
Shy Dongwan with braces is so cuutee ^^
Aaaah yes... Their songs are listenable and such a classic, we can listen to them even years from now.  They might not be singers with explosive vocal range but they surprise us with those high notes and such at times. Anyway I think great singers don't need to showcase their range all the time in every note.  Shinhwa sounds amazing together and whenever they sing, they sing it with feeling.  How soothing. 
Because at that time there hasn’t The Return yet, so for me, I watched the older mvs/variety shows first. Brand New was the one I fell in love first.   
*Nods* *nods*  So many things to fall in love with and to admire about this man ^^ It would be a very long list but Dongwan’s fans share the similar reasons and we understand ^^
Hugs to all of you too 
:x >:D<

Love how he interacts with his fans too :D  Like this :

[12.01.19] Dongwan’s Naver blog: 2013 (How can I not be excited!?)
Every single day for 3 monthsI’ve only been seeing female staff members padded up like snowmen, serious actresses and kids…And so…170cm tall girls dressed in cropped tops were prancing and dancing right in front of me!!!How can I not be excited!?
-_-;
Credits: Dongwan’s Naver blog + Absolut Shinhwa

[13.01.20] Dongwan’s Naver blog: 2013 (Your reply)
Your reply
b4b5bfb9b4b5bfb9.jpg?w=620
Caption: Yeah… yeah… We got it….
ㅋㅎㅎ It’s cute~
Credits: Dongwan’s Naver blog + Absolut Shinhwa
=))

Hahaha yes I am not so into KPOP, but I am so into shinhwa ^^
Exactly. I think it's true that they might not have explosive vocal range, but when they perform together on music stage, they sound amazing!
Before I knew shinhwa, I was feeling sceptic with KPOP (exclude ballad singer or group).I tought they can't really sing because I watched some idol group lip-sync when on stage.I tought shinhwa was just the same with another idol group, they dance and sing, they prefer pretty boy, etc. That's why when I heard venus for the first time, I didn't pay much attention (maybe because I tought they were also lip-sync)But when I watched them sang ballad, I believe they didn't lip-sync, and it was beautiful performance. So I tried to watch another performance on youtube, I wanted to know when they perform dance-song but not lip-sync. And I found kbs festival song 2007 when they perform brand new, hey come on, perfect man, and T.O.P.Waaaaaaah they were amazing at that stage. After that I was addicted to brand new and perfect man.I downloaded their albums, and yes their songs are listenable (eventough sometimes the lyrics are cheesy and make me LOL :)) )
that blog post just =)) The way he complained, the fans too :))Ah, I miss his blog update..

Guest linakyon

@hkana  A poodle was my first thought, but I have to agree he does resemble Wynona Ryder ^^ Fabulous unnie =))@achil @hkana Ikr! He looks so cute with braces and trying to hide it ;)) It's one of the rare occasions a spontaneous aegyo comes out and makes you wish you could put him in your pocket :D
I'm the same when it comes to kpop. I actually try to hear whenever a new song comes out, but still no group has succeed to make me fall hard like I fell for Shinhwa and I'm grateful for that or else my allowance wouldn't be enough for our forever limited edition oppas :))  

Another memorable interaction:

I received a letter from a fan who’s a first-year high school student.The main message was, “Our Math teacher is 28 years old. Our form teacher (homeroom teacher) is 33 years old. Oppa you’re 34 years old.”

RIGHT. ㅎ

p.s.My friend’s son is 14 years old..! Wahahaheeheeheeheek..Heek…ㅜㅠ 
cr absoluteshinnhwa+ Dongwan naver blog
Lool xD Poor Dongwan :))

@linakyon me the same... there are other groups I like but the amount of fangirling is different... It's good for our wallet! :D
@achil  we should! kekeke especially now he's going to Canada.  
I feel sad yet at the same time feel happy and excited for him too.  He's  like a role model for studying and determination. Students should hang his picture on the wall in front of their desk. LOL!  But will they keep looking at the picture and forget studying though huahaha
I don't think he can have a clingy girl as a girlfriend, moving around like that keke
End of July is not too far away. We can survive :D  It's not that we'll hear updates about him all the time when he's Korea anyway ^^
Be healthy and safe, we'll be waiting for your return, Thomas Kim! ^^ (wonder if he'll use English name and what name he'll use kekeke)

Let's make petition. hahaha, but i don't really know how to start make a petition :))
That's right. Feeling proud for him but sad at the same time.He is the best. Good role-model. Still have a good determination to study something and challenging himself
I agree with you, with just 4 months to studying abroad, based on his personality, he doesn't have much time for girl. It's a good news to us right? kekekekeke.
July/august is not to long. Let's wait together chingus~~
oppayam fighting. Take care :)
And about his leaving from Liveworks company, it's suprising. I tought liveworks is a good company to shinhwa. I wonder why he leaves.But I am grateful shinhwa still has a good relationship with LW afterall. LW is such a generous company, I think.

@achil Yeah leaving LW is a bit of surprise for me too.  Is LW originally for music artists? or actors as well... maybe he wants to go on his own for a time being, maybe he has a lot things he wants to do first, idk... Nothing we can do except to wait and see ^^ 
I'm glad he's able to do what he wants to do, I envy him at the same time.  And proud.  Our Wannie :-bd
Giggling at some of the comments on twitter hahaha...  My favorite one was the one who said Dongwan should bring back a couple of huskies and use it to commute in Seoul :))  I can totally imagine that LOL!

Guest linakyon

@hkana LOL xD Trust me..It's impossible to study with Dongwan pics in front of you, well at least for me, I tried and couldn't concentrate at all ;))

@achil @hkana Indeed it's a bit unexpected reading he will leave LW, but who knows, some company might have a better offer to manage his solo career. Whatever the reason behind this decision, I'm sure we will see our actor Kim again :D  

*Sigh* One can one imagine all the updates we would have if his blog was still open...But I have faith he'll update, once in a while, his yt channel. If not I'm sure he'll update after arriving to Korea :)

I'm sorry oppayam but I'm happy you won't stay there for 6 months :P And both of you are right, time will fly. We'll have plenty to entertain ourselves till then.If Dongwan didn't fool us, we have Hyesung album in May.And in June dancing 9 starts :D
Just learn well and I hope you scold shincom SNS admin if he/she tells SHCJ to learn korean again ;))
On a second thought, imagine if Dongwan masters some lame jokes in english or his inner EroWan gets worse :))

It seems he's been practicing for a while:
Netizen comment: Met (Dongwan) during reservist training, he was memorizing English words during break time. Cool.
cr malpabo twitter

Wannie that's the way :-bd  Keep working hard so that our pride won't stop growing :D

And that's right, @achil , we'll wait together.Even if we don't have any news about him during his stay, we still have this thread to spazz :D