Quantcast
Aziraphale

Official 20+ Jobs Thread

Guest schatze

I'm a jewelry appraiser and a 3rd year TCM (traditional Chinese medicine--acupuncture, herbs, etc) student.

I still never cease to be amazed by the number of sales people in jewelry stores who have no idea about the items they sell, or those who tell customers flat out wrong/bad information to make a sale. I also get frustrated by people who think by reading two articles online they can suddenly do my job. I still enjoy it; it could be worse :-p

*^_^*

Guest FiOh

For those who are working,

Do you still answer calls from your boss/supervisor:

1) After you have knock off from work?

2) When you are on Leave?

I don't know but whever i am ON LEAVE and had Knock off from work, my reporting officer WOULD ALWAYS CALL ME.

And I hate it especially when i am on leave, what's more vexing is that I always sent in early notice to all my colleagues on the information of my leave dates.

=.=

Guest thyun

I have interviews for Operations and I was wondering how I should prepare for these. They are summer analyst positions, and one is actually a phone interview.

Are they usually 1 round or 2 rounds?

Guest ictoan

If this is a phone interview then I would guess there would be another in-person one after you pass the phone interview. Good luck and don't forget preparation!

^If it is a question about your work, its fine, because its a responsibility you are paid for, even though you're not in the office. If you completely document your work and make your position doable with all documentation when you're on leave, then they should never feel the need to call you.

Guest watcher

any artistic web designers out there willing to set up a few templates for a website? PM me as well as how much you charge and a portfolio if you have any. Online portfolio is even better.

Guest Dfined jer

I work for Frys Electronics Corprate office, also I do Photography & Webmastering on my spare time.

Guest iyeiluj

like either your city or a city? in essence...a govt job?

so i applied for one today... for WIC (women,infant and children) and being as selfish as i am, i need a job, but i need more money...you know? (i have loans and such)...

any positives?

Guest nycsouljaac

I'm just curious. I assume most korean girls are working in fashion or as secretarys. I don't know why. Am I right or wrong?

I'm just curious. I assume most korean girls are working in fashion or as secretarys. I don't know why. Am I right or wrong?

Wow, talk about ignorant...

<_<

Guest watcher

dad worked as a tv repairman back in the late 70's when he first arrived to the US

Guest precious4e

My mom worked as, and still is, a bank teller at a Chinese bank and my dad was either working at a laundry place or did TLC (driving people around). Not sure which came first. He's now an owner of an auto repair shop.

My father was a factory worker, but now is a senior salesperson.

My mother was an accounts clerk and is now a finance manager for one of the top airlines in the world.

---

I hope I can make it to where they are. Well at least my mom one day. Just not accounting, I don't like accounting much.

Guest Laxntiga

Question yourself, why would most korean girls work in the fashion industry or as secretary's? If you can't come up with a logical explanation, then I guess they dont. If you can... then think of some counter arguments and seek a second opinion.

From my experience, a lot of Korean girls do a lot of different things. Just like Chinese, Japanese, or any other asian girl. I think it's easier to think what kind of industries they dont work in.

Guest white frames

Question yourself, why would most korean girls work in the fashion industry or as secretary's? If you can't come up with a logical explanation, then I guess they dont. If you can... then think of some counter arguments and seek a second opinion.

From my experience, a lot of Korean girls do a lot of different things. Just like Chinese, Japanese, or any other asian girl. I think it's easier to think what kind of industries they dont work in.

Working in the fashion industry myself I can tell you that the majority of fashion schools I've gone to, the majority of factories I've worked with and the majority of designers I've seen have a staff that is almost entirely korean or more than half. So this poster is not speaking out of ignorance, but a pretty true observation.

From what I understand and have heard from my korean friends, there apparently was a famous korean designer that made it big and studied at my school (Parsons), and he (or she?) cause an surge of interest in the fashion industry among koreans (not just women, the majority of males in fashion and enrolled in fashion schools have all been from korea)

Guest halcyondays

my mother was a seamstress, and my father was born in the us.

Guest Midnight Dreams

in nov. of 2007, i was terminated from a retail job because they didn't like what i was doing. i have only work there for 1 month and 3 weeks.

will it be hard for me to get another job? do i need to put it down on my next job application? anything else i should know about, too?