Broadcast network: MBC

Broadcast period: 2008

Air Time: Mondays & Tuesdays 21:55

Synopsis

Choi Wan Kyu who wrote scripts for numerous hit television series including

'Huh Joon,' 'All In,' 'Jumong' and others will be writing

the script for the television of 'Shiri.'

Scriptwriter Choi also says, "An NIS agent will be the main character as in the

movie while the Presidential Security Service will serve as a major setting.

The series will resemble the '24' in structure."

Scriptwriter Choi Wan Kyu to write TV version of 'Shiri'

Choi Wan Kyu who wrote scripts for numerous hit television series including 'Heo Jun,' 'All In,' 'Jumong' and others will be writing the script for the television of 'Shiri.'

The movie 'Shiri,' directed by Kang Je Kyu and considered the start of Korean blockbusters, will be remade into a drama series according to MK Pictures of which Director Kang Je Kyu is a member of.

Choi Wan Kyu commented on the 21st, "I will be writing the script for the drama version of 'Shiri,' and am currently preparing as the genre is different."

While the production director has not yet been determined, Producer Jang Yong Woo of 'Wangcho' and 'Hotelier' is being strongly considered.

Scriptwriter Choi also says, "An NIS agent will be the main character as in the movie while the Presidential Security Service will serve as a major setting. The series will resemble the '24' in structure."

The series will be written by the group of writers of A Story, Inc. with Choi Wan Kyu as the main writer.

He says, "To better structure the plot, the production must be completed prior to broadcasting so I have already started writing the scripts regardless of the broadcasting schedule which has to be set."

An MK Pictures personnel says, "Creating a television series of 'Shiri' is a subject that has been discussed since last year, and as the writers and director are almost determined it will start filming this year."

The drama series version of 'Shiri' has kept Japan in mind from the planning stage. With the success of the movie 'Shiri' in Japan, it is said that the creation of a drama series was proposed from Japan.

source : Broasia

credits : wiki.d-addictsjkdrama@popcornfor2

Guest White Star

*edit *I"M FIRST...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

WHAT??????????????????

Are you serious????

I AM SO SIKE FOR THIS DRAMA...Ha ji won is an amazing actress. I love her versatility. she and Kwon sang woo have amaziong chemisstry together is Love, So Divine.

Bae Young Jun,too. I love him in WS.

maybe BYJ is the President. and HJW is the MIS agent protecting him....that would be interesting. Ha Ji Won already a pro in martial art. I don't think this role would be a challenge to her.

Guest liezle

huh?! first time i'm reading this :) haven't read any confirmation from BYJ's management company BOF about this. they normally announces BYJ's next project via notice at his korean website. hmm, i wonder if this is true. :huh:

anyway, thank lovemod. hee, if this is true it's something to look forward to :) after TWSSG.

Guest kimheami

omg omg omg i can't wait for this!!!!! i love all three of the people in this!!!!!

can't wait till 2008

Guest shayanid

This thread surprise me :w00t: Bae Yong Jun and Kwon Sang Woo on same screen.

*nod*

Hope that we will REALLY have a chance to watch this series. :rolleyes:

Guest bwitched

hurm..since Liezle said there hasnt been any confirmation from BYJ's side, I rather not put too much hope on this..it'll be great though to have them on one screen.

Guest heartshapelove

omg this cast!!! (*hope it stays like this*)

eee omg KSW is the second lead? err well ill take what i can get. *~*

thanks for the info!!

It would be wonderful news if it is true that Mr. Bae will be cast in the drama. Pray that Mr. Bae will be like Agent Jack Bauer (in 24) – the nastiest, badass guy! Cool dude!

Guest pecpecjuice

Yeah i can't wait....Ha Ji-won is simply the best actress in korean IMO....i can't wait for this drama to air...

Guest milkyway07

wow. thats a pretty good cast. lets hope it stays that way. ^^

i've never watched the movie, but i've heard lots of good things, so i'll look forward to this drama. <3

Guest ripgal

OMG this is some news! I have been anticipating a drama from KSW for such a loooong time. I hope it gets confirmed..

Guest moodyhap

I so wish this is true, but I won't believe it until it is confirmed. So I'll try to not get my hopes up :sweatingbullets: .

The cast is great, I love, love, love BYJ and KSW. HJW has worked with KSW before and their chemistry was good, I wonder how it would be with BYJ... I just can't picture it.

Guest bogoshipda

Gosh, I can't believe this. I love sang woo and byj, not so sure about ha ji won but nevertheless I will be the first to watch it!!:))

Archived