Song Chang Ui 송창의

Ayame

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

He's getting married. I'm happy for him. :) 

[NEWS] Actor Song Chang Ui is getting married soon!

Actor Song Chang Ui took to his official fan cafe to deliver some real good news!

On July 1, he wrote, "Beloved fans, I'm getting married. I've come to begin a 2nd life with a precious person who has been with me through happiness, sorrow, and worry. To my fans, who are unbound in adoration for me and who always support and cheer me on, I'll continue to show my unchanging side in the future." 

According to a representative from Song Chang Ui's side, he's currently busy planning a quiet wedding with his non-celebrity girlfriend. They're wedding will take place this September. 

wYyyg5p.jpg

source

@Ayame, I was just reading this news about him too. Happy for him.
   @hibiscus23,   @suchadiva42,    come hear the good news...

Song Chang Eui Will Be Getting Married Soon

Song Chang Eui Will Be Getting Married Soon

Actor Song Chang Eui is officially off the market!

On July 1, his agency revealed, “Song Chang Eui is getting married in late September. He is currently preparing for marriage with his non-celebrity bride-to-be.”

Previously, the actor shared his happy news with his fans through his fan site. He wrote, “My fans whom I love, I am getting married. I will be starting a new life with the precious person who has always been with me during happy, sad, and difficult times.”

He continued, “I should meet you all individually; I am sorry. I hope you will bless my family. You will give us your blessings, right? I will continue to show you an unchanging image in order to not disappoint your expectations. I will become an actor that works hard and grows in order to greet you through a good project soon. Please keep watching over me.”

Congratulations to Song Chang Eui and his bride-to-be!

source

@irilight wow i hvnt been here & this is a big surprise and we're happy for him! i wonder who's the lucky girl? thanks  for sharing this wonderful news! i can only guess it's one of his childhood friends? hope we'll more!

i was remiss with his latest news! glad i came here!

hi hi to you all !

• 1 month later...

Song Chang-ee to marry today

photo760857.jpg

Actor Song Chang-ee is getting married today.

He's marrying a regular person whom he met over a year ago through a friend.

He announced his marriage to his fans on the 7th last month.

Song Chang-ee debuted in 2002 with the musical "Saigon". He won the MBC Drama Awards Best Actor in Drama in 2015. He recently starred in the musical "Mata Hari".

source

It seems like his upcoming musical 'Rocky' which was originally supposed to start this week has been cancelled due to low ticket sales, among other things. I posted a translation of the Korean article. I used Google Translate, but the translation is still pretty easy to understand, if you want to see it.

Musical 'Rocky' Canceled performance before opening ... "Ticket sales sluggish"

The schedule for the musical 'Rocky', which was scheduled for the Asian premiere, was canceled before the opening day. Ticket sales were sluggish, and the agency said it would issue refunds for the previewed audience.

The musical production company 'M Musical Art' which planned this performance, said through the official homepage and major pre-sale place and the homepage of the Duke University Art Center on the 28th, "The musical 'Rocky' performance which was scheduled to open on the 29th with the preview performance was canceled".

M-Musical Art had a lot of difficulties in preparing for the show and led to sluggish sales, and decided to cancel the performance before the first performance the day before the audience, staff, and actors.

The company also added that it will issue a guideline call to the audience who pre-registered the ticket, and will refund the full amount of the ticket purchase including the reservation fee and the shipping fee.

It was reported that the famous actor who was going to cast as the main character in the musical art was struggling to prepare for the performance because it was caught in the sex scenes.

The company also canceled a local tour of the musical "Jack Ripper", which was scheduled to begin from early this month to next month, but was concerned that it was caused by unpaid wages due to financial difficulties.

Ulsan Hyundai Museum of Art, one of the local performing arts venues of the 'Jack Ripper', announced the cancellation of the performance on May 21st, saying, "I received a one-sided cancellation notice from the production company. The reason for cancellation was a financial problem (due to the unpaid cost of the performances and staff members of Seoul performances, and refused to proceed with local performances). "

The musical 'Rocky' was originally produced in Germany in the year of 2012 by making the original 'Rocky' series which was made in 1976 and hit the world, and was performed on Broadway in USA in 2014. The Asian premiere Korean performance was scheduled to open officially on January 1 following the preview on December 29.

The actors Shin Sung-woo, Kim Do-hyun, Song Chang-ui, and Yoon Hyung-ryeol were cast as the main character 'Rocky Balboa', and the actors Shin Goo, Kim Jin Tae and Song Yong Tae were cast as the character, 'Mickey Goldmill'.

source

• 9 months later...

He's got an upcoming drama titled My Man's Secret - i'm excited to see him again after his prev Kdrama Make a Woman Cry

http://www.hancinema.net/upcoming-korean-drama-my-man-s-secret-109081.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+(HanCinema+Daily+News)

cr: hancinema

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/01/song-chang-eui-cast-in-new-drama/

Actor Song Chang-eui has picked his next project, which’ll be the SBS drama Life Is Beautiful [인생은 아름다워]. The series features a family living on Jeju Island and is already attracting notice for being another Kim Soo-hyun project (the writer, not the Will It Snow For Christmas actor). Kim is one of the most successful drama scriptwriters in Korea and has cultivated something of a brand; she’s well-known for creating mega-hit dramas like Mom’s Dead Upset and My Man’s Woman.

Furthermore, this will be a reunion for writer Kim and PD Jung Eul-young, and the cast includes some familiar faces from previous Kim-Jung projects: there’s Mom’s Dead Upset‘s Jang Mi-hee, Precious Family‘s Kim Hae-sook, and My Man’s Woman‘s Kim Sang-joong. Kim Hae-sook (who is most recently of Thirst and is affectionately called “Korea’s Mom”) and Jang Mi-hee will play in-laws when their children marry.

Writer Kim has reportedly shut herself in her writer’s room in Jeju while working on this project, but she did have a say in Song Chang-eui’s casting. I’m not a great fan of Kim Soo-hyun dramas, but admittedly they are very watchable. Even when they center around makjang fixtures like adultery (as in My Man’s Woman), she avoids being slapped with the makjang tag (which is often used in a pejorative sense) because of the writing quality. I also like Song Chang-eui, whose recent projects include Scale of Providence and Cinderella Man; the latter was a wash for his career, but the former was better-received. Life Is Beautiful will air in March.

Via Star News

• 4 weeks later...

@hibiscus23... oooh. Thank you for the wedding photo  :wub:

I too am looking forward to his new drama. I do not really watch many daily drama anymore, but I hope his drama will be subbed so we can watch it. I also hope the script is good.

[Photos] Crossed love lines in posters for "My Man's Secret"

photo888497.jpg

"My Man's Secret" is shaping up to be quite the to-do with its newest posters clearly showing the changes in our characters over time and how love changes and love lines get crossed. With the episode count for this daily drama I can imagine we will most certainly get our dose of makjang and drama.

-Yours, Lisa who can smell drama a mile away

"My Man's Secret" (2017)

Directed by Jin Hyeong-wook

Written by Heo In-moo, Kim Yeon-sin

Network : KBS

With Song Chang-eui, Kang Se-jung, Kim Da-hyun, Park Jung-ah, Lee Hwi-hyang, Yoon Joo-sang,... More

100 episodes - Mon~Fri 19:50
Synopsis
This drama is about a man who wears a mask he wishes he could shed, and about a woman who has left his beloved brother in order to find happiness

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2017/09/18

photo888496.jpg

source

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, irilight said:

@Ayame, @hibiscus23, Mian.. I have not been here much.

Yes, I do know KBS World uploads on their YT channel. I actually requested them to do that, when I found out about this drama.

But I have only had a chance to view maybe 9 episodes; I am so behind.

What a pleasant surprise that he plays a double role in this drama.

@irilight chingoo me too i hv not been here much as i got bz with my new :heart: PHJ hahaha i hvnt really chkd SCU's new drama but i plan to of course!  woah you've already seen 9 epis? so you're good then compared to me hahaha Really he plays double role? i hv to take a peek after this, u made me curious!

Archived