what do you look for in an anime/manga?

Guest jeezchris.

Guest jeezchris.

What's the most important thing in an anime or a manga to you? plot? character styles? artwork/designs? different genres? voices? colors? OST? etc.. for me.. for an anime.. it's mostly on the plot. then the artwork. then the OST. for a manga.. the artwork is most important... the the plot my favorite genres are romance, drama, comedy. hmm?

Guest Iridescence

Plot is the main thing I look for in both anime and manga. Next to it, I look for artwork. Sometimes, I can't stand watching anime or reading manga if the artwork doesn't look so good. But if the plot is that good, then I'll watch/read it.

I don't have a particular genre I like. As long as it's good.

Guest thelivinlegend21

An adequate balance between drama, action, comedy, and the little things. Plot and storyline are also very important in my selection of an anime. If the anime or manga can keep me suspended, while adding some comic relief, as well as some "emo" moments, then it's successful.

An adequate balance between drama, action, comedy, and the little things. Plot and storyline are also very important in my selection of an anime. If the anime or manga can keep me suspended, while adding some comic relief, as well as some "emo" moments, then it's successful.

^ yeah. also the artword must be decent.

Guest disgruntled_ricecooker

A plot with interesting characters. Even if the plot is horrible, I will need the characters to keep me glued. Some development would help as well. I realize that a good ending would be essential for some people but as long as the overall series is fine, I'm good.

Guest ovaltinejenkins

i love the same genres as you do... but my favorite is romance... it makes me want whatever is happening to the main girl character to happen to me... *sigh* like when 2 guys like you but they're too shy to tell their feelings and... aiigooo omg.. im so stupid.. =_=

Guest Paroxysmal

in an anime or a manga, i'd look for the art as well as the plot. i hate it when a manga or anime that drags for too long and when it's predictable; makes me lose interest.

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

Maybe I'm shallow but I like to check out the artwork before the plot. Sometimes, it doesn't make a difference but other times, it does. That's just my own preference though.

OST is a definate plus.

Guest smilene

The storyline is very important to me. If I'm not interested in the story then I can't read it. Even if the drawings are nice, I can't read it unless I like the story. ;)

Plot is the main thing I look for in both anime and manga. Next to it, I look for outwork. Sometimes, I can't stand watching anime or reading manga if the artwork doesn't look so good. But if the plot is that good, then I'll watch/read it.

I don't have a particular genre I like. As long as it's good.

I agree. Plot is the main thing. Nice art in a manga is for eye candy, but if the plot is bad then you wouldn't re-read it and you might want to set it on fire despite the nice art (Shinjo Mayu *cough*).

Same for anime. As long as the art is tolerable, I don't mind it.

Plot is the most important. I wouldn't recommend any manga or anime with beautiful art but hideous story-line, plot.

Guest . . : : Snow Fall : : . .

Animes - plot, characters and i guess the genres.

Manga - plot, characters and design/graphics

Guest jeezchris.

i love the same genres as you do... but my favorite is romance... it makes me want whatever is happening to the main girl character to happen to me... *sigh* like when 2 guys like you but they're too shy to tell their feelings and... aiigooo omg.. im so stupid.. =_=

haha!

exactly why I like romance, too :D

Guest efflorescent musings

plot has to b good.

artwork

characteristics-i dunt particularly lyk the girly ones and they keep saying they haf a sad life and blahblahblah.

music

AND

voice actors.-that is so important cus then it would just mess everything up if they dunt get it right.

Guest kRaZiExLaDiE

they must have :

*nice & gorgeous art (or else i won`t watch it)

*good storyline that doesn`t die after a couple of eps.

*good music^_^

*charcters that aren`t freaking annoying <_<

*if it`s a love story then i like it when there are two guys going after one girl .. i don`t like two girls going after one guy (i`m very traditional .. i like the guys going after the girl)

if it`s a fighting story (Ex. samurai champloo or fullmetal alchemist) then i`d like it to have good fighting scenes and no "cheezie" phrases during the fight.

*comedy

Archived