Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Joanne <3

Swallowing Fish Bones

Guest ViEt_AnGeL

yep big chunk of rice ^^.. i got chock on them when i was little.. n now.. everytime i eat fish.. i make sure there is no bones left in it at all ^^ or i don't eat it ^^

Guest Thao

Aha, shove it down with rice.

-- Thao

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

That happened to me almost 8 times when I was little and is the reason why I don't eat fish now =__='' I didn't notice the first time, but it felt really weird when I was swallowing :(

mmm my mom always gave me a lot of vinegar to drink to "dissolve" the bone/make it softer, and swallow a lot of rice without chewing it to push down the bone after drinking the vinegar :)

Guest prismatic_star

I've accidentally swallowed fish bones before. It hurts as its lodged in your neck. Shoving rice balls in your throats helps alot.

i just keep on drinking water when i get fish bone stuck in my throat

Guest nyczalex

Shove it down with rice or something to drink.

I still can't eat fish that has ALOT of bones. Well, I can but it takes a million years because I like to pick out all the bones first. Asian families make it and there are all the bones still so I dont really eat much when my family makes it.

Guest lala1

...ehh...i just gurgle with hot water...

never really knew about the rice thing...

Yeah, I use rice or water to push it down. Sometimes I choke it back up or manually take it out myself. It never gets stuck for more than 1 day. It's usually gone by then.

Guest predator

@.@

now i'm scared of eating fish ahha

i haven't had this happen to me before..

cause i usually pick out the bones -.-;;

but i guess a chunk of rice does help :]

Guest tahweesuh

stupid fish. LOL. well yeah ive swallowed fish bones before.. but only the really small ones that can't really get stuck that bad because my mom always tells me before i eat fish to chew everything really thoroughly cause sometimes my dad doesn't get all the bones out o_o;;

Guest FTIsland&Primadonna

ugh i hate the feeling too.h haha i just drink a lot of water. but maybe if it ever happen to me again, ill go for your method, the rice :D haha

Guest onhotwires

what happen if the rice gets stuck there too... wouldn't

you die?

If you forget to swallow and lodge the rice in your windpipe. XP It's not very likely though for the rice to get stuck if you try to swallow it.

I've swallowed many a fish bone. ;_; They hurt a lot afterwards. Now when I eat fish I chew like crazy while searching for fish bones.

Guest iya.donghae

My parents get me a banana...it works sometimes...other times I just eat more. Then it'll just go down with the food. :D

But for safety, I mash the fish first before eating. And remove the all the bones I see before eating. Tedius but it's better than having them in your throat.

Guest milkbunny

same here i use the rice technique...sad thing is you can die when you eat fish T_T

Guest ccw

I've probably swalloed it before but I don't remember any specific times . I really hate it though when I'm eating fish and I feel the bone in my mouth . Usually that ruins my whole appetite for the rest of the meal.

I really don't like fish with a lot of bones.

LOLL it happened to me... but my mum was like darn relax.. she said go eat some rice.. o.0

but it happened to my dad as well and he has no choice but to go to the hospital to remove it o.o