Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Joanne <3

Swallowing Fish Bones

Guest Joanne <3

Yuck! Don't click if you just ate. LOL.
This hasn't happened to me recently *knocks on wood* :sweatingbullets:, but what do you guys do when you swallow a fish bone? A method my mother always taught me was to swallow a big blob of plain rice (unchewed) so that it wouldn't get stuck down my throat and cause discomfort.

So, do you try to choke it back up or shove it down? :crazy: I hate the feeling of getting a fish bone stuck in my throat. :tears:

Guest lilil aZn babe

ya big chunk of rice.. i remmeber when i was like 10 i choked ona fish bone.. and i had to go to the hospital =((( when i was chokin.. many of my family members were trying to help me. they gave me dry pig blood to eat (which looks like black tofu) vinegar.. yucky! vinegard is acid so it will soften the bone. and my bro tried to make me throw up buy sticking his finger down my throat. but nothin happened. so ya.. hospital. =[

Guest steph*funny

Omg, reading this is making me paranoid. Yeah, last time a bone got stuck I ate a bunch of rice really quickly and it wasn't there afterwards. Luckily :ph34r:

i try choking it back up. ><" but it's never gotten me to the point where i had to go to hospital.. gah. i hate choking on fish bones!

Guest kelvin6

In Chinese culture, there was story about a lady who had swallowed a fish bone and no one around could help her get it out. Then one person made her a special dumpling, which was really just a ball of dough, she ate it and it cleared the fish bone out of her throat. This special dumpling is still made today and is used on certain Chinese events, and yes its basically a ball of dough, coated in a nice sweet glaze (if thats the right word). Its pretty soft and slick so I can see why it would go down the throat easily to clear things up...

Guest Joannnnnnnna

I had this happen before and I was FREAKING OUT, but my parents were just so relaxed and sitting watching TV like, "Whatever, just go eat a piece of bread." So I did, and it worked after a little while.

Guest Angel4you

I heard eating a banana helps. : )

Guest sweetechocolat

hot soup.

i remember i swallowed a big

one as a little kid and i screamed

in pain. :ph34r:

so my relative got hot soup and i drank

it down and it worked. :mellow:

Guest AgentDNA

Happened to me a few times before. I tried a few big blobs of plain rice too but it didn't really seem to work either, so I just left it there and it was stuck in my throat for almost a week before it eventually went down. It was a bit irritating while it lasted, but nothing really bad happened. Or I just got lucky.

Guest lovely gurl

dang

i cry when i get a fish bone suck in my throat

i have to spit it out

Guest davidnuknow

erm... when i swallow fish bones... it goes straight down my esophagus.. it never gets stuck O.O i guess im lucky?

but erm... anything that possibly brings the fishbone iwth it when u swallow.. so i guess a big chunk of rice should do the job =P

Guest XxMariannexX

The rice works. Helps more if you drink something afterwards.

Ugh..I swallowed a fish bone once while eating dinner. Shoved it down. >.<

Very, very uncomfortable. My mom always told me, "Just don't do it," Haha..so helpful..

Guest frenzichick

This happened to me when I was really little. I was eating at my mom's friend's with her and i swallowed the fish bone and it got caught in my throat. I really freaked out. It was the scariest. My mom hit my back real hard and I choked it back up (in the toilet). I was so scared to eat fish after that. I'm just really careful now. I still get scared if I think something's getting stuck :sweatingbullets:

Guest iMMA D0Rk XD

I just try to stay away from fish, period. lol

Haha, I swallow a big chuck of rice too and a cup of milk.

But while doing that, I can feel the fish bone scrapping my throat. It's not a very pleasant feeling.

Guest xoxo.poppinv

I pick out all the bones before I eat...

It hurts to swallow a fish bone with multiple bones...

Guest qutiepye4

go to the doctor~ hehe idn but some super stition that my friends told me was to turn you plate alround twice

Guest bomjit

I'm usually quite carefully with the fish bones. But I do remember getting them stuck once in a while when I was younger. Mum just told me to swallow a chunk of rice (without chewing), it did the trick. :)