Kobato

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

CLAMP's "new" manga series (:441990.jpg

INFO.
so, Kobato. is basically a series CLAMP started a few years ago and was stopped due to vacation for about a year. It was first named Kobato as a temporary name, but it's now named Kobato. as the manga's official name, and no, the dot after Kobato"." is not a typo, that's just clamp's new official name for it image I'm a HUGE CLAMP fan and love love love their artwork, and I recommend this series if you're a clamp fan too :]

THE STORY.
Hanato Kobato is a cute girl who goes to a big city to fulfill a mission- to fill up a mysterious bottle she carries with her with the people's hearts she heals. Each time Kobato heals a heart, a piece of candy appears in the jar. Kobato's companion is a blue stuffed animal dog who has a terrible temper. Kobato, however, only needs to take care to not fall in love with the person she's healing. Will the clumsy and naive Kobato succeed?

LINKS AND WHERE TO READ.
http://fukanounashigoto.free.fr/
^summaries, character descriptions, series information, updates, ,scans & images.

http://clampno.lumiere.free.fr/
^Chapters 1-7 in english and volume 1 in exam. available for download. You can also download other clamp mangas there. image

http://kobato.renhi.net/
^A Kobato. shrine. Summaries/translations and graphics available at this site.

http://blossoms.heavens-angel.net/bird
^Kobato. fanlistsing

http://www.newtype-usa.com/
^Series will be featured in NewType magazine, so if scanlations aren't working for you, you can always buy the magazine to read it image

CHARACTERS.
taken from http://fukanounashigoto.free.fr/

A very kind and cheerful girl who is on a mission to fill a small bottle with wounds from the hearts of suffering people. She must do it as soon as possible to fulfill her wish and go to the place she wants to go. Kobato is a mystery, we don't know anything about her past, where she lived or who her family are, maybe that's why she's so innocent and naïve. She helps out at the Yomogi Nursery School in order to search for those suffering people. There, she's always ready to help in anything that shows up. The only thing she needs to take care with while doing her mission it's not fall in love with the person she's trying to heal. She also looks surprisingly like Sakura from CLAMP's other works.

The stuffed animal that helps Kobato in her mission. He may look cute and un-harmful when he's in public, but he can also be really bad-tempered every time Kobato does something stupid. He's always pushing her down back to earth and serving her as a guide since Kobato is very light-headed and is frequently making detours.

A teacher at the Yomogi Nursery School. She tries hard to fight off the debt collectors with Fujimoto's help and keep the school running.
Sakaya is very generous and tends to trust someone very easily, which had caused many problems in the past. She adopted Fujimoto at the age of seven.

Helps out Sayaka at the Yomogi Nursery School. He was adopted by Sayaka's family at the age of 7 so he really cares for her. Fujimoto's tired of seeing people taking advantage of Sayaka's kindness, and is keeping an eye on Kobato, who works at the nursery. Kobato doesn't know that Fujimoto might also be someone with a wounded heart. He and Kobato are also apartment neighbors, and apparently hold a grudge against each other.

The landlady of the apartment complex where Kobato lives. She's married and has two twin daughters(Chiho & Chise). She's a very kind woman who is always helping Kobato in whatever she needs. For anyone who's also read chobits, do these characters look familiar? image

Volumes: 6 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=184Published by: YenPressAnime Episodes: 24

-Fujimoto-Hanato-Kobato-Fresh-New-Hd-Wal

Kobatofull12121.jpg

Kobatofull157897.jpg

Guest pinguvxd

it looks like it'll be a good series.

i love clamps art.

//edit

clamp likes to base the characters looks on other series that they did. i like the fact that they did.

yea, kobato does look like sakura. o__o

oh yea and just wondering but did this series come out in america yet?

Guest snaeha_dalis13

I love CLAMP. I hope this is a good series. Doesn't the girl looks like Sakura though? Or is it just me?

Guest fruiteechi

i love clamp too. one of my fave artists. the pic in the middle does look like sakura. i hope they have crossovers in this manga. that's wat i love about clamp soo much.

Guest disgruntled_ricecooker

^ The manager from Chobits is a character in the story but she has a different name. She also has two daughters with the same hairstyle as Chii's.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

it looks like it'll be a good series.

i love clamps art.

//edit

clamp likes to base the characters looks on other series that they did. i like the fact that they did.

yea, kobato does look like sakura. o__o

oh yea and just wondering but did this series come out in america yet?

it's currently serialized in the newtype magazine, and you can get those in the US (: haha yeah, she does! And is it just me, or does fujimoto look similar to Sayoran from tsubasa & lee from CCS?

Guest jay chou doesn't sleep naked

^ HAHAHAHAHAHA i was kinda thinking that when i was reading it today! it's the unnerved kind of look ahha.

but i just refound kobato (i read it a couple of months ago?) and the new "exams" are fun. they kinda seem like a prologue? prequel? of some sort to the earlier chapters published.

...did anyone else get all the xxxholic crossovers? *dies*

Guest Melyxcious

sweeeeeeet :o new series? AWESOME. I'm so going to check it out.

I EFFING LOVE CLAMP <33333333333333333

&& I see CHII~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 8D<3

Guest T a m T a m s

Oh I seen the artwork before and I was curious about it. (refering to the banner on top of the thread)

Now that it's clarified I'm really interested in the series! Thank you so much =)

Guest missyblue

i love CLAMP and their mangas, Chobits being my favorite one! : D Kobato looks like a good manga, plus Chi is in there too XDD

Guest monchichi

I used to love Clamp's works until they stopped updating their X/1999 manga which really cheesed me off.

I'll check this one out tho... it sounds similar to CCS with all the collecting and the stuffed toy companion...

doesn't anyone find the repetitiveness a bit... I dunno... boring, after a while?

I'm not bashing them... they're art is second to none in manga and I adore their works... it's just that re-using their characters seems like more of a marketing ploy rather than an expression of art.

• 2 years later...
Guest xxrainbowsun

I'm not a fan of CLAMP's mangas, but I love their artwork.

I've never read any of their mangas all the way, so ehh.

And I think that it's strange that they make their characters look like all the other characters that they've drawn for their other stories.. It just makes me feel like they can't come up with different characters at all ):

• 2 months later...
Guest myluckyself

OMG how exciting!!!!

I absolutely LOVE CLAMP's works >.<

this one sounds really cute, too ^.^

@ xxrainbowsun: I think there's a reason they make their characters look like ones they've drawn before (if you're talking about how there's Chi and Kohaku lookalikes in this manga). If you've read Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles or XXXholic you'll know what I'm talking about.

Guest dorkafied!

i just started reading this yesterday, i dont really

like reading CLAMP since it's really long; But I'm

actually quite curious about the whole story O:

Why she can't take off her hat, where she wants

to go yeaah..

Archived