3 hours ago, shjfan23 said:

Ratings are stressing me out!!! Need to detached myself on any news related to it. 

After the past episodes...I went from angst to...getting used to the shocking low ratings, somehow still having slight disappointment! So this is not the majority likes genre? Or most korean watch it at a later time on netflix? Hope our queen will not be affected or not aware about it! :(

img.gif

Fr twitter @227ml_

@shjfan23 Hug..hug..

• Love 2

"Chemie master" Seo Hyun Jin, excitement + comfort->healing through 'You Are My Spring'

원본 이미지

'You Are My Spring' Seo Hyun Jin is giving healing to the small screen.

Spoiler

In the meantime, Seo Hyun Jin, who has created characters with a lot of real smells in various works, is synchronizing emotions with viewers by expressing emotions of joy and sorrow in facial expressions and tone of voice. Seo Hyun Jin's acting and expressive power, which expresses fluttering emotions with trembling eyes, makes Kang Da Jung's character more alive and breathing, and the spring day that will unfold in front of her is already stimulating her excitement.

Just as we are absorbed in Seo Hyun Jin, the characters in the drama are also falling in love with Kang Da Jung. Not only Young Do, who had a sweet date using the weather as an excuse, but also opened the door to the closed hearts of young guests staying at the hotel. Seo Hyun Jin is comforting the wounds of many people, such as unconditionally comforting Eun Ha (Kim Ye Won) who is struggling with the wounds of love and being a strong side, and bringing Ga Young (Nam Gyu Ri), who hates being alone, to her house to stay. Seo Hyun Jin, who is showing a quick adjustment of her acting to suit her voice tone, tone, and actions depending on the other person, the change in her relationship with each character she draws is even more striking. Seo Hyun Jin's chemistry, which shows various aspects from romance to women's, adds to the fun of the play and raises expectations for various encounters.

Seo Hyun Jin is perfectly digesting the character of Kang Da Jung, like a hard bulletproof glass that does not break easily. Like the content of the drama, 'The story of adults who each have seven years in their hearts', it raises curiosity about how the character at that time will affect Da Jung and how Seo Hyun Jin will express the change in that influence. [google trans]

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000923444

• Like 2

This tweet shared about the child actor(YAMS) Aiden's mother praised SHJ on her Ig!:)

"Seo Hyun Jin, is a very good actress, pretty and good at acting. Thank you very much for taking care of snacks for our children as gifts." [google translation]:P

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:47 AM, hola2jin said:

After the past episodes...I went from angst to...getting used to the shocking low ratings, somehow still having slight disappointment! So this is not the majority likes genre? Or most korean watch it at a later time on netflix? Hope our queen will not be affected or not aware about it! :(

I think it’s because of the slot most people tend to watch stuff later on when they’re busy during airing. YAMS being no.1 on Netflix Korea confirms this. Most of the viewers watch it later. Means people make time to watch it not just come across the show on tv. It shows it’s all thanks to her considering she is no.1 on popularity ranking. We might even get a TVING drama next year she’d bring a lot of new subscribers :glee:

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

How come this thread had become so quiet? Where are all the others? 

Drama thread  maybe? Hahah not sure 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I miss the times when I used to walk past a korean beauty shop and would see her beautiful face each time. SHJ was wearing a traditional hanbok and looked so gorgeous. The store is closed now and the huge poster is already gone. 

To everyone here I have a question. What is your favorite SHJ look? And among her dramas who is your top three favorite characters? 

Mine is Han Se Gye's top actress look. 

Top three fave characters

1. Oh Hae Young

2. Yoon Seo-Jung

3. Lee Hyun-Soo

I really like her guest cameo in Record of Youth. If only they could make a drama using that character, I would love to watch that. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, hola2jin said:

She's so loud! KDW got startled?!

A different side of her! Lol!! And look how competitive she was!!!

4 hours ago, hola2jin said:

Swoon checklist SHJ's cut.

Her english is really incredible compare before. Looks like she took a lesson for it.

4 hours ago, htk9207 said:

To everyone here I have a question. What is your favorite SHJ look? And among her dramas who is your top three favorite characters? 

I really love oh hae young! That’s my first drama of her that i watched and started admiring all her works. My top 3 are

1. Oh hae young

2. Soo baek young

3. Yoon seo jung

finalist: Lee hyun soo

Sorry, i need to add hyun soo! Lol!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, htk9207 said:

Han Se Gye's my favorite SHJ look, extremely beautiful, may be her role's an actress, have to groom her like top star! I even love her crying scenes, so pretty!

Top 3 favorite characters:

1. Oh Hae Young

2. Han Se Gye

3. Baek Soo Ji

I thought first knew her through the drama 'Another Miss Oh', which led me search on internet who is she & found this soompi forum. Later realized that I actually had watched her drama before like 'Feast of God' & 'Here Come Mr Oh' on my local tv channel!:D

• Love 2

Ouch! Is this Seo Hyun Jin!

With VogueKorea (Aug 2021 issue)

Omniscient Seo Hyun Jin's point of view

Seo Hun Jin's strength lies in seeing everything that's happening now from her point of view. Advocate for the five senses, advocate for our lives Seo Hyun Jin has long affirmed the extraordinary and strange ordinary.

style_60fa241f8a51d-745x930.jpg

TOUCH THE BLUE patent trench coat and knit top by Bottega Veneta.

style_60fa24180d494-620x930.jpg

THE SOUND OF SILENCE Black knit dress and boots by Bottega Veneta.

Spoiler

style_60fa2409096ca-620x930.jpg

THE PROFILE Black knit dress by Givenchy.

style_60fa2435bdaca-745x930.jpg

IN HER SIGHT Blue suede jacket by Isabel Marant.

Seo Hyun Jin's hair had grown past her shoulders. In the previous work <Black Dog>, it looked like she had her short hair cut behind her ears. She said as if it wasn't a big deal. "I never cut it." Just that much time had passed. Until Seo Hyun Jin stands in front of us as a new person.

In the middle of the day two days before the broadcast of the drama <You Are My Spring>, the weather was changing every minute, revealing its presence. Seo Hyun Jin simplly shrugged and said that she was not the type to be affected by the change of seasons. However, she said that she had a slightly different mind about spring. "It makes me feel good when I see water rising from the trees. They wince, because this feeling comes." In the midst of an unprecedented precarious season, Seo Hyun Jin's drama title is <You are my spring>. Among the four seasons, it is the only season that is not a natural phenomenon and has any meaning. In the work with the introduction,"The story begins when people living with their seven-year-olds in their hearts gather and live in building where the murder occured." Bom seemed to seek solace in the mind rather than in the midst of life or a hopeful future.

"As always, when I meet a writer who has similar thoughts to me. I choose that work. There is a saying, 'When I was three years old, my habit goes up to eighty'. These days, 'how much influence are the things I received from Mom and Dad?' This made me think. At that moment, I came across this script. I was curious about this drama when I saw the copy. 'How far have you run away from your seventh year?' After reading the script, Seo Hyun Jin thought. 'There are other writers besides me who think like this.'

Spoiler

The wounds of a seven-year old in the play become traumatic and complex even as an adult. They heal each other and grow. "I have only a short memory of that time. It's only from  fragmentary memories like going to the East Sea to catch fish, dancing at a senior citizen's party and getting pocket money." She traced back to the past that would have made her who she is today. "The drama is not very bright right now. It's about taking out the dark past and bringing it to the surface, so I'm also bringing out that past. However, what made me who I am today is 'the me who danced', the me who was at dance school and boarding school', 'the me who did group MILK' and 'me at the time when that didn't go well', everything overlapped I think there is."

In fact, Seo Hyun Jin said that she feels like she is receiving psychological treatment like Kang Da Jung in the drama rather than acting these days. "Other actors also told the writer, 'It's not like a drama, but a long psychiatric consultation. There are times when I feel that way too. Obviously there are parts that aren't smoke. In the meantime, if you've been acting neatly, you'll be a bit scruffy, and even if the texture isn't pretty, real moments are popping out. It could be the direction to good acting, but if you do it wrong, it might look like a creaking, these worries come and go." Perhaps the boundary between reality and acting has disappeared. "You may not notice the difference. Because there is such a thing as inertia. But I feel like I'm doing something different in the field." Now that episode 4 aired, I couldn't feel the rough texture as expected. Writer Lee Mi Na said at the production briefing, "Seo Hyun Jin appears on the scene with the cast and herself attached with glue," which is probably thanks to the strong adhesion.

In the meantime, Seo Hyun-jin has continued to introduce people to the world who could have lived anywhere in reality. <Let's Eat 2> Baek Soo-ji, <Oh Hae-young Again> Oh Hae-young, <Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim> Yoon Seo-jeong, <Temperature of Love> Lee Hyeon-soo, <Beauty Inside> Hansegae, <Black Dog> Go Ha-neul. Even Sangmi in <Goodbye Single>, who appeared as Ma Dong-seok's wife for a short time, was curious about how she is doing. Everyone thinks it's normal, but when you get to know her, she has a lovely corner, a sharp corner, and a 'RickRoll'D it' corner. A person who embraces others in the end even when the world is secular. It could be said that the genre of drama has a character who can empathize as the main character, and Seo Hyun-jin mainly takes on such a character, but simply that setting did not make her special. There is definitely a big narrative that makes up the drama, and changes in emotions that anyone can recognize. But there are many more moments in our lives than that. Words that only linger in my head that I can't get out of my mouth, and so many emotions that I can't convey and stay in my diary. Seo Hyun-jin remembers and lives with her whole body the emotion that everyone omits because it is hidden. There was always a figure of us that only we knew in the face looking at the other person, the back figure waiting for the bus, and the tears flowing while driving. She lives for us and shows us. Is that so? I always felt refreshed after watching her drama. Because dramas are always on a winning streak.

It must be a lot of training and hard work, innate talents and instincts, but I just wanted to ask you about your acting approach. Where the heck does the amazing power that brings fictional characters to life come from? “There was only one acting teacher. From the start of the drama properly, I just did it alone. At that time, what I learned from the teacher was 'If it's not real, don't do it'. So there is no technique other than putting me in that situation.” Seo Hyun-jin continued speaking with the expression that the secret to studying for the first place in the entire school was a textbook. “I learned something from Han Seok-gyu while doing <Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim>. The teacher always said, 'Let's see, hear and speak!' speak up That's the basics of acting. In fact, there are a lot of cases where I’m nervous and I only talk about myself and I can’t hear properly. 'I just need to see, hear, and speak,' and I always think about it.” So Hyunjin Seo said that he is not the type to act stably in any situation because he has excellent technique. Even if it's not "the feeling of hitting the middle of the game with a fastball". “I didn’t major in acting at university, but I was envious of my friends who once learned acting systematically. Because I did not experience a variety of curricula, sometimes there was a complex. Now I'm just doing what I can.” He added that he still admires such acting. “But in terms of fun, it’s much more fun to do it with your heart.”

style_60fa23fa5bca0-745x930.jpg

TASTE THE SWEET Velvet jumpsuit and sandals, earrings and rings by Bottega Veneta.

Before attaching herself to the character with glue, Seo Hyun-jin looks at the character's past. This is what the author, the creator of the character, wrote on three or four A4 sheets of paper. “Things that are in the synopsis or given by the writer. I do it to the extent that I can digest it, but I tend to attach people with 'wounds'. If it sticks, it rolls on its own from then on. Even if a scab sits on a wound and it hurts again, we live. “Where is the uninjured person? Still, everyone lives. I guess that's life. No matter how difficult or big there is, you go to work unless you break your leg and go to the hospital. It is the saddest thing to express such a life calmly and casually and I want to express it that way. It is the most difficult to express the lives of ordinary people. I don't think there are any ordinary people. If you look into it, every single one is special and strange (laughs). I think that kind of work makes sense.”

The moment when you can't even step on the subway you've been waiting for in the depths of the water, the moment you say farewell and cry for days and days, and then pour in the rice. Everyone has those moments. It's because we don't just love or just work, that's us outside of the TV. When I checked it through Seo Hyun-jin, my heart sank. That's why <Beauty Inside>, which had the only fantasy setting, felt real. Yes, you can change your appearance to a completely different person for about a week or so. “It doesn’t matter as long as the setting is like that. The first thing I thought about in <Beauty Inside> how to make it look sensible. If I do a work in which vampires or zombies appear, it might seem like I am living in reality (laughs).”

style_60fa2401879fe-725x930.jpg

SCENT OF A LADY Knitted dress with cutouts from Givenchy.

Another interesting point about Seo Hyun-jin is that when the work begins, the character and her blend into one body. “Once I get into the work, I am the type of person who loses much of a distinction between the character and myself. Even on set, I do it on purpose so that people don't notice whether it's a character or me. No matter what I do, people won't think I'm weird, right? With this in mind, in the beginning, I acted like a character on purpose, but later it became spontaneous.” Writer Lee Mi-na said at the production report, "Actress Seo Hyun-jin says, 'I'm crying, but I don't know whether I'm crying or Da-jeong is crying', but when we think of it, Seo Hyun-jin is Kang Da-jung herself, so it seems like she just comes and goes", director Jung Ji-hyun said. “Seo Hyun-jin came to the filming set and is doing well,” he said like a filming review.

Although it was previously expressed as 'wound', the characters played by Seo Hyun-jin did not remain in the wound. I was frustrated and sometimes compromised with reality, but in the end I got the courage. I said what I had to say and acted in the direction I had to go. To me, that point was considered a fantasy that I always wanted to see. “The characters in the script have always been better than me. So I think it was embarrassing. While acting, 'It's really great', 'How can I live like this?' I did.” I wanted to hear about the human figure she personally finds attractive. The word that Seo Hyun-jin picked out and heard was 'Survivor'. “People who live their lives with good self-discipline, people who do not shake their heart even in difficult situations. It's a little different from being timeless or pure. People who take good care of themselves and live without losing them, I think of them as survivors.” Seo Hyun-jin added quietly. “I want to live like that.”

style_60fa2410b414a-620x930.jpg

STARE DOWN The bra top is Recto., the trench coat and pants are Le 17 Septembre, and the earrings are ink.

From the first encounter with the script to the departure of the work, Seo Hyun-jin's favorite stage is 'when he is on set'. He said it was really fun when he was chatting about acting. “When we go to the filming set, we basically chat a lot behind the monitor seats. We were trying to figure out how to play, then we acted and chatted again. All of that process is fun. But I think it's good only when I'm really on set. I'm bad at other things. I'm still very nervous, and it still doesn't seem like my job. It’s a little stressful, so I’m most comfortable when I’m on set.” Suddenly I remembered the classroom of <Black Dog>. The teachers of the college entrance exam were tied up with their mid-term exam questions, and they kept their student books organized, and stayed up all night while having coffee. All were for the children. “While filming <Black Dog>, I only talked about acting with Miran unnie and Changhoon oppa. It's really fun to say we're talking about the same thing for 3 nights and 4 days. 'Unnie, I want to make the acting too detailed.' 'How much?' 'Up to one eyelash.' 'It's boring, it's really boring.' While doing this (laughs).” In fact, work is not only a means of making money, but it is also part of the identity that makes us. To my confession that I cannot deny that my job is dominating my life, Seo Hyun-jin said, 'I do it because I love it.' When she said she wanted to express even a single eyelash, the answer that Ra Mi-ran gave is always the same. 'just do it.' “I think that’s what I mostly talked about when choosing a project. 'Hey, don't worry and just do what's in front of you. When you look at it, you can't do anything. If you do, you will get good things.' But I think he is right.”

Other than that, when Seo Hyun-jin is acting, it is ventilated or 'Aww!' What gives me strength is to listen to other people's acting theories. These days, I am reading <Kiki Kirin's Words>, a collection of interviews with Kiki Kirin, directed by Hirokazu Koreeda as an interviewer. “It’s a story about the two of them being daring for about 10 years before Kiki Kirin passed away. I cry and laugh and have so much fun watching it, but it's a pity that the pages are getting smaller, so I'm saving it. Sometimes I think, 'I'm not going wrong', and in some parts, I think, 'That's right!' It gives me strength.”

He says that the job of an actor and the acting process make Seo Hyun-jin a better person. “If it wasn’t for the drama, I wouldn’t have known people well. It's really stagnant because it's only inside the house. The field of view is narrow and the routine is there. I meet a lot of people while doing dramas and look into the characters in the script and look into myself. I am growing up while doing drama. I'm a much better person when I do it than when I don't. My job as an actor makes me understand people.”

style_60fa242dcaa53-745x930.jpg

SMOKE SIGNAL Knitted dress with pleats is Ports 1961, and the frankincense burner is Otide.

However, even in an era where exposing personal life has become commonplace, Seo Hyun-jin belongs to an actor who does not reveal her appearance other than her work. Her current situation is only revealed at a glance on the Instagram of actors who are known as best friends. The life of a natural person, Seo Hyun-jin, can be summarized in one sentence: “I cook at home, play with my dog, and lie on the sofa.” I carefully explained the reasons for not doing social media or not, but in the end it came down to an actor. “Some say I’m not a perfectionist, but rather than that, I think I’m just not very satisfied with myself. So as an actor, I can run away as a different character.” Therefore, it seems difficult to see Seo Hyun-jin, a natural person, on social media in the future. Seo Hyun-jin said, "I'll keep doing the drama," she laughed.

The actor may be a being who has been densely endowed with the cells of the senses. In particular, looking at Seo Hyun-jin, who manages the character's lines and gestures in detail and lively, I thought my hypothesis was correct. We were filming today with the motif of five senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch. “It’s hearing. So, even when I'm acting, if I hear even a small sound, my concentration is quickly broken. I’m not really good at tea.” There are also points that are helpful as an actor because they are sensitive. “I hear my voice. So the catch is good.” Seo Hyun-jin's vocalization and diction are unique as much as her sensitive hearing. A loud voice that many fans use as ASMR. A somewhat reassuring voice. When asked about the principle of using dictionaries, he said, “If you play ASMR, you won’t be able to sleep. It's so kawaii," but "To the extent that when the other actor is acting, he speaks the same lines as I did? That way, the other actors can act the same way.” To tell you one TMI collected through conversations like this, the ASMR that Seo Hyun-jin loves is the sound made while cooking. The sound of sizzling frying, the sound of knives on the chopping board. “If I turn it on, I fall asleep without realizing it (laughs).”

The modifiers 'Romance Craftsman' and 'Roco Queen' are valid, but like us, romance depends on when and in what state. After finishing <Let's Eat 2> in 2015, her eyes twinkling that she wanted to have a romance, and Seo Hyun-jin, who is working on the healing romance genre in 2021, are the same and different. <You Are My Spring> has a genre called healing romance, but it is closer to living. Of course, the hybrid genre is the trending drama these days. Nevertheless, when asked about the virtues of romance, Seo Hyun-jin answered concisely. “I do it all. Everyone loves it.” It seemed that his heart toward romance had widened. “Not long ago, a rookie friend who I was working with asked, ‘Does your sister really get excited when she is acting?’ I asked like this. 'I'm mostly excited,' I replied. But I have to be really excited. Really (laughs).” Seo Hyun-jin's romance target seems to be expanding. Her next project is <Dimentia>, a movie about dementia, and <Why Soo-Jae Oh?>, where she will appear as an eccentric and rude law school professor.

“I don’t want to be remembered by people. I always remembered Seo Hyun-jin's simple outlook on work, saying, "Everyone has a desire to achieve in their respective fields, and I also want to be that kind of person, so I work hard in acting." When I brought this up, Seo Hyun-jin said that she thinks unchangingly. “The reason I said I didn’t want to be remembered is that people know that they are the most important and that being remembered by someone is not easy. My mother, who was an elementary school teacher, said at the time that 'a teacher who is easily forgotten is the best teacher'. As a good actor in my work, you just have to have fun. I think that the function of popular art is 'a drama that you can enjoy watching while having a beer when you get home from work'. It doesn't have to be very profound. The creator has to make it very profound. Those who see it will enjoy watching it.”

style_60fa2426db4e2-745x930.jpg

The HUG HER black coat is Alaïa, and the ear cuff is Sacai.

She said that it also works that way for viewers Seo Hyun-jin. "of course. Even so, there are dramas and movies that I really like, but I think that’s because I’m an actor.” The desire to work for a long time has not changed either. “Having a good personality and being nice to people, doing what I do 'bumpy'. Then I think we can continue to work.” The words farthest from her view of work were also ambition, greed, and success. “That’s right. But I hope the drama will be successful. It would be great if I succeeded.”

There are several months left until <You Are My Spring> greets the spring day. It seemed that Seo Hyun-jin's spring days were still there. “My spring day has not come yet. Oh, I wish I could come when I'm 70. I also want to go to the Oscars (laughs).” (VK)

[google trans]

https://www.vogue.co.kr/2021/07/26/전지적-서현진-시점/

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1