4 hours ago, angel2013 said:

I was going to bed but then I saw the chinese trans so I thought I post the english summary of it for the benefit of everyone.

It's a message from Unicef headquarters in Seoul for Child Protection Center

It is relay donation drive for prevention of child abuse as well as to help children under the care of single mothers Dong Wan has donated and is the first in this relay donation drive. He wrote this message,

"Please take extra care to look after all the children. For the safety of the children, let's all become guardians." Dong Wan then nominated Hyun Jin as the next person in this donation drive.

I am sure Hyun Jin will respond positively, it will be interesting to see who she will nominate next?

I am sure she will participate and i bet she will nominate her bff ghs....

This is one of the reasons why i love her... her heart to reach out to others not just on giving donations (in kinds or monetary) but by her deeds.... Isn't she amazing! 

I guess this is also the reason why dw nominate her, he knew she loves this kind of charity works, nothing else... They were good friends before and still is now... Do i sound like a protective mom???

• Like 7

Good morning lovelies, it was a busy day yesterday with lots of Hyun Jin's goodies :wub:

I have something serious to discuss with all :P

I was going through SHJ baidu bar a lot yesterday (it was my rest day and I spent it here in the forums and baidu ^_^) and I found something interesting and I want to open it up for discussion.

I get a lot of Hyun Jin's info from SHJ baidu bar as well as FB PearlHyunJin. At first I thought the name Pearl belongs to the fan who started it but in SHJ baidu bar, but I came to learn that this is the name that they have decided to give for being fans of Hyun Jin. Hyun Jin Chinese name has a character 真 which actually means 'true' in chinese and the pronunciation of the word is the same as 珍 which could also means PEARL. 

Coming back to the name, @drmjs mentioned a while back that it will be good if we have a name to identify ourselves as a group. We didn't really come up with anything solid at that time so I went searching about PEARL yesterday and thought it's characteristics does speak a lot about Hyun Jin.

Some highlights about PEARL;

Pearls have been coveted for centuries, if not millennia, as a source of beauty and a store of wealth. It is for this reason that the word “pearl” is commonly used to denote something or someone of great value and rare talent.

Don't we all agree that HJ is someone of great value and rare talent?

All natural pearls (we shouldn’t even disrespect natural pearls with a discussion of imitation pearls, which are nothing other than a coated glass bead) are formed when a shelled mollusk is irritated by a microscopic object that becomes trapped in the folds of the mollusk’s mantle (soft tissue). The mollusk secretes nacre, a combination of aragonite and conchiolin, as a form of immunity reaction to cover the irritant and stop it from causing further irritation. The covered irritant is the pearl.

Natural Pearls – as the name implies, these are pearls that are formed in the wild. They are very rare as they rely on nature conspiring to create the perfect conditions for the creation of the perfect pearl.

HJ is rare enough.

---------------------------

Pearls are unique among gemstones because they don’t arise from the depths of the earth but from the sea. They require no special cutting or polishing to maximize their lustrous beauty, which has been treasured since ancient times and ensures that pearl jewelry is always in style. HJ has always been described as having her own unique charms.

------------------------------

The pearl is the oldest known gem, and for many centuries it was considered the most valuable. Unlike all gems, the pearl is organic matter derived from a living creature - oysters and mollusks. HJ is a valuable gem that has only been discovered recently and one of the most valuable.

There is much folklore and tradition about the pearl. In fact so much history accompanies this stone that five months claim it as a birthstone - February, April, June (traditional), July and November. Haha Ok I know the Pearl is the traditional gemstone for June but from here February can claim it too and HJ is born in Feb.

Pearls have been called the 'teardrops of the moon'. Some believe that pearls were formed by the passage of angels through the clouds of heaven.

Over time, the pearl has become the symbol of purity and innocence and it is often sewn into bridal gowns, or worn as jewelry by the bride.

I have no reasons to doubt HJ's purity and innocence.

----------------------------

Pearls symbolize wisdom acquired through experience.  The pearl is also said to symbolize the purity, generosity, integrity, and loyalty of its wearer.

Unlike other gems, pearls are produced by a living organism, an oyster, as the result of an injury. It usually begins forming around a grain of sand or an egg of some parasite that invaded the oyster. The oyster protects itself by layering the irritant with nacre (mother-of-pearl) until, out of pain and suffering, it forms an object of great beauty. The offending party actually becomes a gem of great worth. HJ went through difficult periods but came out of all of it like a PEARL, a gem of great worth.

--------------------

So in the end, what am I trying to say? I think the gem PEARL aptly describes all that Hyun Jin is and I now know why the chinese fans called her and themselves that. They discovered this gem so long ago, but nevertheless we've discovered it now. Do you all agree? So can we have a name now? Pearlies? PearlJinnies? Throwing it open to everyone, I've tried to tag a whole lot of you, if I miss you out, it's not intentional as there are too many pages and postings to go through. :tears:

@cheesethatnotsocheesey

@icemaid @giselle_tw @samaf @mail3227 @d2wach @Cherrine Kim @aureamirasol @khatelaloves @kopifan @ChunSungIm @demarchelier @betchay @xianyi8 @missbinibining @paradicez @999hearts

@gossong @jenn96 @kukikuki1234 @Kate Springborn @hooklinesinker @qisthyukjin @Giya2909 @ah8ling @drmjs

Let it be a fun discussion, the serious part is a joke :w00t:

Meanwhile let's hope we have more goodies of Hyun Jin today as well.

• Like 18

5 hours ago, samaf said:

201203071124777172_1.jpg

old pics  feast of god 

I think i like shj when she was in feast of god.. her outfit is good since in d story she bcome chaebol's daughter.. i remember i ever thought that sung yu ri rival is pretty too, but she bcome a villain, so i dont grow my feelings to be her fan.. anw, at d ending, shj turn to be nice, not stay as a villain.. so i didnt hate her, i just dont remember her.. LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, angel2013 said:

Good morning lovelies, it was a busy day yesterday with lots of Hyun Jin's goodies :wub:

I have something serious to discuss with all :P

I was going through SHJ baidu bar a lot yesterday (it was my rest day and I spent it here in the forums and baidu ^_^) and I found something interesting and I want to open it up for discussion.

I get a lot of Hyun Jin's info from SHJ baidu bar as well as FB PearlHyunJin. At first I thought the name Pearl belongs to the fan who started it but in SHJ baidu bar, but I came to learn that this is the name that they have decided to give for being fans of Hyun Jin. Hyun Jin Chinese name has a character 真 which actually means 'true' in chinese and the pronunciation of the word is the same as 珍 which could also means PEARL. 

Coming back to the name, @drmjs mentioned a while back that it will be good if we have a name to identify ourselves as a group. We didn't really come up with anything solid at that time so I went searching about PEARL yesterday and thought it's characteristics does speak a lot about Hyun Jin.

Some highlights about PEARL;

Pearls have been coveted for centuries, if not millennia, as a source of beauty and a store of wealth. It is for this reason that the word “pearl” is commonly used to denote something or someone of great value and rare talent.

Don't we all agree that HJ is someone of great value and rare talent?

All natural pearls (we shouldn’t even disrespect natural pearls with a discussion of imitation pearls, which are nothing other than a coated glass bead) are formed when a shelled mollusk is irritated by a microscopic object that becomes trapped in the folds of the mollusk’s mantle (soft tissue). The mollusk secretes nacre, a combination of aragonite and conchiolin, as a form of immunity reaction to cover the irritant and stop it from causing further irritation. The covered irritant is the pearl.

Natural Pearls – as the name implies, these are pearls that are formed in the wild. They are very rare as they rely on nature conspiring to create the perfect conditions for the creation of the perfect pearl.

HJ is rare enough.

---------------------------

Pearls are unique among gemstones because they don’t arise from the depths of the earth but from the sea. They require no special cutting or polishing to maximize their lustrous beauty, which has been treasured since ancient times and ensures that pearl jewelry is always in style. HJ has always been described as having her own unique charms.

------------------------------

The pearl is the oldest known gem, and for many centuries it was considered the most valuable. Unlike all gems, the pearl is organic matter derived from a living creature - oysters and mollusks. HJ is a valuable gem that has only been discovered recently and one of the most valuable.

There is much folklore and tradition about the pearl. In fact so much history accompanies this stone that five months claim it as a birthstone - February, April, June (traditional), July and November. Haha Ok I know the Pearl is the traditional gemstone for June but from here February can claim it too and HJ is born in Feb.

Pearls have been called the 'teardrops of the moon'. Some believe that pearls were formed by the passage of angels through the clouds of heaven.

Over time, the pearl has become the symbol of purity and innocence and it is often sewn into bridal gowns, or worn as jewelry by the bride.

I have no reasons to doubt HJ's purity and innocence.

Pearls symbolize wisdom acquired through experience.  The pearl is also said to symbolize the purity, generosity, integrity, and loyalty of its wearer.

Unlike other gems, pearls are produced by a living organism, an oyster, as the result of an injury. It usually begins forming around a grain of sand or an egg of some parasite that invaded the oyster. The oyster protects itself by layering the irritant with nacre (mother-of-pearl) until, out of pain and suffering, it forms an object of great beauty. The offending party actually becomes a gem of great worth. HJ went through difficult periods but came out of all of it like a PEARL, a gem of great worth.

--------------------

So in the end, what am I trying to say? I think the gem PEARL aptly describes all that Hyun Jin is and I now know why the chinese fans called her and themselves that. They discovered this gem so long ago, but nevertheless we've discovered it now. Do you all agree? So can we have a name now? Pearlies? PearlJinnies? Throwing it open to everyone, I've tried to tag a whole lot of you, if I miss you out, it's not intentional as there are too many pages and postings to go through. :tears:

@cheesethatnotsocheesey

@icemaid @giselle_tw @samaf @mail3227 @d2wach @Cherrine Kim @aureamirasol @khatelaloves @kopifan @ChunSungIm @demarchelier @betchay @xianyi8 @missbinibining @paradicez @999hearts

@gossong @jenn96 @kukikuki1234 @Kate Springborn @hooklinesinker @qisthyukjin @Giya2909 @ah8ling @drmjs

Good morning eonni @angel2013 . Goodness such a bright explanation. Let's call us Pearl(s) from today onwards. May today we get a lot of Hynjin's goodies and have a nice day to you all. So grateful to you for being able use Chinese. Thumbs up to every Chinese fandom in this world. They have accurate and many info, how can? Who am I to complain tho. Please continue dig information of our Hyunjinnie in baidu bar eonni ^^. Thank you very much.

I am in the middle sorting things in this thread to be put in the front page kkkk~ Hope you guys will check it later~

• Like 7

2 hours ago, angel2013 said:

Wow! @angel2013, this is so informative...

Thanks for always showering us with information re our HyuJinnie... I am stalking (yeah! I am a stalker of HyunJin's fans) a certain Pearl HyunJin in instagram as well, I thought its the combination of the name of the owner and HyunJin... So it has a meaning.... I agree, PEARL is a good description for our treasure, HyunJin..

And I vote for PearlJinnies, because of the presence of HyunJin's name in there, though Pearlies is pleasant to the ears.:heart:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, angel2013 said:

@cheesethatnotsocheesey

@angel2013 sorry to cut it short .....and  thank you for tagging me. I'm really touched by the labor of love you've poured on this by giving us a comprehensive explanation about the value of pearls and how it is connected with our dear Hyun Jinnie.  I agree that Hyun Jin is a rare gem, a rare beauty both inside and out, and like a pearl, she went through a lot of irritants and obstacles in her life, she endure, persevered and keep on improving herself. Just like the oyster, layering the challenges and obstacles in her life with "nacre", thus transforming herself into a pearl--- a beautiful pearl.  She got COURAGE.  She is a true inspiration to all the young people who come to know her. And she endears herself even more  to people who are older than her with her charm, and beauty, her determination and dedication to her chosen career. I am agreeable to the name Pearl....I personally like PearlJinnie:) 

Have a great day everyone!!!:):wub:

• Like 5

Guest betchay

@angel2013, I think I also like PearlJinnies. :smile:

Hyun Jin seems pretty close with Kim Ji Hoon when I watched "Let's eat with friends", did they work together before?

@angel2013 wahh.. so thats why they call her pearl.. it really match her in many aspects.. i agree that shj is very unique and she has her own charm.. as i said b4 that she has "x" factor that makes her different from other actress.. i said b4 that i never get bored to see this girl bcoz she can transform in many ways as she wants to.. she can be cutie, pretty, sexy, innocent, calm, sweet, annoying, crazy and many others.. she can potray all of them perfectly.. she is versatile actress.. :D

About fans name here.. pearlies is cute too.. or pearlicious? :D

• Like 3

@angel2013 PearlJinnies :D

Is our girl going to make another public appearance? Seo Taiji will be making a special appearance at a VIP event for the musical, PESTE, which features his music on July 27th, 7:00 PM KST. According to media reports, some of the VIPs scheduled to attend include Seo Hyun Jin. I hope that she really does go. 

http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01174246612718784&DCD=A10102

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2016072615010340276&type=1&outlink=1

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mail3227 said:

I am sure she will participate and i bet she will nominate her bff ghs....

This is one of the reasons why i love her... her heart to reach out to others not just on giving donations (in kinds or monetary) but by her deeds.... Isn't she amazing! 

I guess this is also the reason why dw nominate her, he knew she loves this kind of charity works, nothing else... They were good friends before and still is now... Do i sound like a protective mom???

@mail3227  Like you, I may sound like a protective mom...I  believe all of us here in this forum are....

Though maybe some of us may want to see her to be together with a certain "someone", I do...but we MUST still be very cautious of any negative implications that may be created and we must always be protective of her well being especially if it will drive some irresponsible reporters to insinuate anything about her close friendship with her two past co-workers who happen to be like family members.  Irresponsible reporting will put her in an awkward situation.  I implore, just please let things flow naturally for them. At the end of the day, we all want the best person whoever that might be who will best complement her to be her husband and partner in life.... One who will love her, cherish her and protect her.

Her charity works are so admirable.  They are not put-on shows,  not for publicity but truly they are her heart's desire to reach out a helping hand to those who are in need.  Just like the one other bias/favorite of mine, both have hearts of gold.

• Like 7