I'm so happy to see so much info and news about Hyun Jinne even when I'm just away for a day or so.

@d2wach I agree that pic was taken at a dangerous angle! I just wonder if they need the actress approval/agreement before posting any pics of them?

@samaf thanks for your contributions!

@Cherrine Kim Yes she has a kiss scene with PYC in dating on earth but not in The Peak. Haven't watched Story of Wine.The latest CF pic should be the same as the One day Veg CF she did earlier.

@khatelaloves @999hearts @demarchelier Thanks for the info and vid on SHJ latest interview! Wish I was around then but I guess its not too late to catch up now.

@demarchelier the fan art is just too cute! I wonder if the owner submit her work for the OHYA history book!

@giselle_tw Once again, thank you for your hard work! It's definitely much easier to read after you redo my translation :wub:

My computer is giving me problems each time I come unto Soompi, its frustrating, it took me forever just to type this few lines. :tears:

Here's my gfit for the weekend, SHJ impromptu piano playing at the hotel lobby in Brazil when she was filming SNS. This was mentioned in her Q&A with the fans.(Q13))

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rss3vmj1.html

• Like 12
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Source: Esquire Magazine 2013 December Chinese Trans:  放放English Trans: Angel2013 Reposted from: SHJ Baidu bar Words in BOLD are SHJ's words and the words in normal are the editor's/int

PART 2 From about 8mins plus onwards, KCR ask questions about SHJ and Ken themselves, so I will only share about HJ's part. KCR asked 3 questions, of which they have to respond with a one liner a

Many thanks to @giselle_tw for such a speedy and professional job done on presenting the translations, enjoy!

Posted Images

@angel2013 wow thx for d link.. shj plays piano very smoothly.. is it d song she play in her past movie or not? I mean d movie when her bff (ghs) as director.. its called "magic" right? Shj just learn piano a bit that time..so she can play some bar by herself when filming.. but when i look at her..play piano at lobby hotel was wow..she really looks like a pro.. everybody amazed by her.. shj really is a gem.. :D

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Cherrine Kim said:

@angel2013 wow thx for d link.. shj plays piano very smoothly.. is it d song she play in her past movie or not? I mean d movie when her bff (ghs) as director.. its called "magic" right? Shj just learn piano a bit that time..so she can play some bar by herself when filming.. but when i look at her..play piano at lobby hotel was wow..she really looks like a pro.. everybody amazed by her.. shj really is a gem.. :D

I'm not sure if its the same one as in magic, I haven't watch magic but its some sort of Korean classic piece? I couldn't quite get the chinese translation given for that particular answer. But you can see how the people are awed by it, she plays very well since she did not have any formal training.

@kopifan I love that orange dress kekeke somehow orange seems to suit her well, I liked the one that she wore for the Free Hug event too.

I changed my browser and Soompi seems to work better now...:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

REPOST FROM: http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3006949

Singer now small-screen star

July 23,2015
  23011354.jpg
  Seo Hyun-jin Provided by Studio 706

There are many former girl group members in Korea trying to make a name for themselves as actresses.

But the truth is few succeed.

Seo Hyun-jin, formerly a member of girl group Milk, is one of the few lucky ones. After her recently concluded tvN drama series “Let’s Eat 2,” she’s now emerged as one of directors’ top choices for main character for romantic comedies.

In the drama - which was about one-person households in Korea and presented a lot of dining scenes - Seo’s down-to-earth eating and at-times comical character won the hearts of many viewers. 

In a recent interview with the JoongAng Ilbo, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, Seo said she is, in fact, very shy in person.

Q. Many say in the drama, you were the character, Baek Su-ji.

A. I agree. It was my first drama where I didn’t have to deliberate on what kind of tone I would adopt for my lines. I just had to work on the emotions. It was also different from playing somewhat predictable roles like the femme fatale or the obedient, traditional woman. I never knew that not having to be pretty would give me so much freedom.

How did you interpret the character?

At first, I felt pity. Because she spent many years in her house, avoiding social contact, some of her alumni even thought she might have died. But she loses more than 50 kilograms (110 pounds) and ventures out to the world again. I felt compassionate, how she worked hard to fit it and be happy, and also rooted for her.

Many were impressed by your eating scenes.

When I had eating scenes, I didn’t eat all day. Not necessarily because I was afraid I would be overweight if I did, but because I wouldn’t be able to really dig in and enjoy the food. I thought only when I eat when I’m really starved, that I would eat with relish.

Didn’t you find the scenes where you had to burp or show your armpit hair difficult?

Not really, actually. I just thought when viewers get to see scenes like that, they would feel closer to Su-ji. So I wasn’t hesitant at all. I just hope the viewers found them funny and not annoying.

What prompted you to make a leap from being a girl group member to an actress?

I was a member of Milk and we performed for about a year. But the group suddenly disbanded [partly because a member had conflicts with the agency]. It was 13 years ago. I was surprised and unsure about what to do. I got into musicals, my acting coach and I clicked well and I studied acting for four years after that.

Weren’t there times when you wanted to quit?

It took 10 years for the public to learn my name as an actress. I learned dancing since I was four, and I was in the showbiz industry from a young age. Getting a job [outside showbiz] didn’t seem like my journey. That’s why I stayed in showbiz and endured ups and downs all these years. It got me to where I am today.

You were only in short films. Do you ever want to be in feature films?

I am very curious about how my acting would be different on the big screen. I’m also curious about what it would be like to act all my heart out, immersed in just one piece [film] for a long time. I’m currently reading “Night Train to Lisbon” [by Pascal Mercier]. I would love to be in a film one day that examines human nature like that book.

BY JEONG HYEON-MOK [hkim@joongang.co.kr]

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it is quite a comprehensive interview of Hyun Jinnie from last year. If it has been posted before, let me know and I will delete it.

For some older videos, we might want to check before posting as I think @cheesethatnotsocheesey has compiled some of that on the first page of the thread. Happy reading!

• Like 14

@d2wach omo.. shj look so cute and extremely happy.. i'm happy to see her happy too.. :D

This is cute too.. shj still looks cute when she was sleeping.. (but dont do that murmur voice..like eric oppa said..LOL)

Btw, i like to see shj still hang out with go hye sun.. maybe she has a lot story to share with her bff :D but i still feel that she looks more happy recently.. wonder why..hehe..
P.s: i dont know if shj is exo fan too.. or maybe she just go there bcoz ghs ask her to..
  • Like 9

AOHY Cinematography Director Han Dong Hyeon posted these pictures taken on his cam....

CoDrR1dUIAAal1Z.jpg

Eric Mun, Cine. Dir Han Donghyeon, PD Song Hyun Wook, Seo Hyun Jin

CoD7gsZXgAUnnG8.jpg

CoD8mhIUkAAqb16.jpg

With Jeon Hye Bin

CoEAXmAWgAE_qZA.jpg

CoDq1yUVUAEIRLY.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 1

@kopifan Thanks for that special orange dress pic!;)

it's good to see her hangout with her BFF Goo Hye Sun, but EXO concert? @Cherrine Kim I really don't know if she's a fan, at least we know she went to Beast's concert because of DooJoon and Yoseob. But then, does that mean there will be a high chance she will attend Shinwa's concert too? (since she also close to DongWan and Eric) :w00t: but then it's always good to see her popping up here and there. Hope she will have a good time catching up with all her friends before starting on another project.

@d2wach Thanks for posting those, I posted them at the drama thread and totally forgot to post it here :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • justright changed the title to Seo Hyun Jin 서현진 | We'll always love & support you | Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2019