1 minute ago, angel2013 said:

Thanks, I saw a bit, went to grab my lunch and it was over :crazy:

She's still there. It's still on. I am watching her live though I barely understand what they're talking about. But she's so damn pretty I can watch her talk all day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kukikuki1234 said:

Please vote for Seo Hyun JIn.

http://www.moolmang.com/sub/rank-view/?id=16

How do i sign up? I try to sign up but it seems I got error.

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

160718 정오의 희망곡 김신영입니다 보이는 라디오 서현진

i wish someone subbed it

wow an hour, I will wait for chinese subs to be up to watch it again. But I think there are people who translate part of it here and there. you can check some fan twitter accounts.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, angel2013 said:

hkS1mAD.jpg

Source: Esquire Magazine 2013 December

Chinese Trans:  放放
English Trans: Angel2013

Reposted from: SHJ Baidu bar

Words in BOLD are SHJ's words and the words in normal are the editor's/interviewer's comments.

2013 Dec Esquire - Seo Hyun Jin Interview

Seo Hyun Jin who entered showbiz at a tender age of 17, 13 years after debut finally leaving behind the image of a newbie

In 2001, girl idol group MILK was formed/debuted. The songs are similar, the dance moves not outstanding. Be it S.E.S, Fin.K or Baby Vox, the group MILK did not manage to surpass their standards. Finally, MILK disbanded after only one album, then, SHJ as the lead singer was only 17 years old.

"I followed my friend to an audition and got selected." I was still in high school and had learned traditional korean dance for 11 years, but I became a trainee after the audition. My parents thought I went to be a broadcaster, be it my parents or even myself, we were not really sure what I was getting into. I had to give up Korean dance, transfer to a high school nearer to the company. MILK disbandment was not a choice, be it the members or the company, everyone was at a loss. Although I thought of taking up Korean dance again, but because I already left the high school, there was nothing I could do about it. After that, I was lost for 6 years without direction."

Seo Hyun Jin tasted her first setback at a young age where young people thoughts are filled with dreams and aspirations, she hit rock bottom. It is difficult to imagine what is going through her mind at that time.

"I once read a book that says, 'Have you fell into a dirty drain before? It's neither hot nor cold, pain nor itchy.' That's how I feel at that time, and it seems everything is meaningless, it was difficult to adapt."

It is obviously a sad story yet Seo Hyun Jin says it calmly as if reporting a news, as if she has gotten out of that sorrow.

"At the time when I was lost, I went travelling. I went places like Cambodia, Mongolia and Nepal. In these secluded places, where there is no electricity supply, a place with no light, I made up my mind. To live honestly, to live bravely. I came back to Korea and started learning acting. Just like going to university, I made time everyday to practice. At that time, I acted in drama "Hwang Jini" and "Hit" but still it was not good, and I began to wonder again.

After hitting rock bottom and started to climb again, she once again stumbled. This time it took her another 4 years before she pick herself up again.

"Although I thought of changing my path into a totally new area, but I thought to give it another try, so I took another 4 years to learn again the ropes of acting. So in 2011, I did the special drama "The Peak" and after that I did "Feasts of God", "Here Comes Mr Oh" and "Goddess of Fire" non-stop, I tried to act in whatever drama I can."

"Although giving up seems the right thing to do, but there is nothing more satisfying than acting, hence unable to stop. On the other hand, there is also fear and apprehension."

"I don't like change. Everytime I get a new project, I will be afraid. How should I get close to all the new people I will meet on the set becomes my biggest worry. The people whom I meet now are the same people I meet 11 years ago. I'm not good at making new friends, or rather I cannot because I am afraid. "what if they think I'm weird?' 'what if they think I act poorly?' I will have all these negative thoughts. Although I already tell myself to live bravely but in reality I cannot do it."

Everyone goes through setbacks, but she experienced it twice, finally she was given a lead role in MBC new drama King's daughter Su Baek Hyang. For 3 years, she never rest and kept working, and did 7 dramas and 4 movies. When you look at it, she is already living bravely and strongly.

"I can't help but do more as I've rested too long in my youth, so I am doing whatever I can do now. I will take each drama script as the best that I have, trusting it completely. During rest time, I will go travelling, buy clothes, buy handbags. I am trying to live my life meaningfully, I do not want to go back to the time when I am neither hot or cold about anything. I am going to be 30 soon, so I've made up my mind, to live my life as 30 like when I was 20. The only question of course is whether I have the stamina to do it."

What Seo Hyun Jin mention earlier about meeting people she knows only from 11 years ago keeps ringing in my head. It seems a bit unbelievable to come from one who has to constantly meet new people through new work/projects and have to adapt to a changing environment all the time.

"I am a bit of a one-track mind. I do not like prejudice or categorising stuff/people, so I seem to have difficulty relating to people. One day, someone ask me. 'Why do women always like to keep in contact?' After hearing this, I was angry. Base on my experience, it is the same as classifying that all women in the world is always waiting for the men to contact them.  Although there were a lot of people there, I argued with her then. From then on, if there is anything that I disagree with in a conversation, I will first sort out that point first before carrying on. I think I am a difficult and complicated woman, so is the same with love/dating, hence no development."

Suddenly my thoughts went to the question an hour ago, isn't all actors/actress like that? There is good and bad in both being fixated and not being fixated. This is what we call life. But Seo Hyun Jin has her sensitive, intricate side, her inner being is not fixated and she does not view things in a box.

"When I was acting as Su Baek Hyang in King's Daughter Su Baek Hyang, my parents wanted to boast about it to friends. I cleared my throat and ask her, 'mum, if your friend's kid has been promoted from assistant to supervisor, will they go about the neighbourhood to boast? No, why not, because it is not a big deal, so don't go and boast.' My mum let out a sigh and put down the phone. I am difficult right?"

The interview lasted about an hour, isn't that fixation? But I didn't bring it up to her since  there will always exist some variations. Seo Hyun Jin seems to be restricting herself and may persist for a while. She has obviously been through very difficult times but is working hard towards living her life differently from the past. Acting skills is something that comes later. I believe Seo Hyun Jin is working towards a better person first then towards a better actress. Better than being a great actress, we hope she will become a great person.

=====================================================================================================================================

@icemaidyour wish is granted.

After reading thru this interview, I had to do this first. I think she has come far from where she was then 3 years ago. Seeing how she is able to mingle freely and getting close to the OHYA cast and crew seems a giant leap from this interview where she says she has difficulty making new friends. And what Eric talks about her liveliness and energy on set also reveals how much she has changed. I think she has come out from her 'dark' past, all those difficult times made her a stronger person. The more I know about her, the more I love her and support her, and I hope only good things happen for her now.

She's indeed a Pisces!!! A true and deeply Pisces!

• Like 3

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rtm6b33p.html?source=tieba.baidu.com

The link to the radio interview SHJ did in 2015 for promotion of her musical. I tried to translate parts of her conversation and since it is pretty long, I split it into 2 parts.

PART 1

Vid source: SHJ baidu bar. 

Kim Chang Ryul Old School Radio Show with Seo Hyun Jin and Vixx Ken on 22092015

Summary on SHJ part's only

Seo Hyun Jin and Vixx's Ken appear on Kim Chang Ryul Old School radio show as part of Musical Cinderella promotion.

The radio segment is about 35minutes long, I will only give a summary on SHJ part during the radio show.

The first half of the radio is mainly talk on the Musical Cinderella.

Kim Chang Ryul(KCR) said Seo Hyun Jin is cool, look smart and pretty and that he is a fan of hers. Since both of them are there for the musical, KCR ask SHJ to introduce the musical. HJ mentions says that it is the famous fairy tale story of Cinderella with a modern twist to it. The original cinderella is very passive whereas in the musical, Cinderella is more forward and plays a part in helping the Prince who is unsure of his purpose/goals. HJ responded to KCR question that this is her first musical after 5 years. (the previous one was in 2010 Goong:The musical) She says that she has been focusing on drama all these years and to do a musical after 5 years, she felt like she is doing it for the first time again, and that makes her nervous. She was then asked about her collaboration with the 4 princes in the musical and what she thinks of them. As HJ mainly performed with Uhm Ki-Joon, Ken and Yoseob, she only mention these 3.

SHJ: Ohhh...I have to be careful what I say here.

Ken:(jokingly) Because I am here with you, I should get lots of compliments right?

She talked about Ken first, that most people say they look good together, their visuals are great and that their height matched each other very well. There was a line in the script that says, "You are not the prince" but because Ken look so much like one, the cast who was suppose to say that find it difficult to do so. (Here Ken says Thank you very much)

On Yoseob, she says she practiced the most with him be it script reading or the dance moves. Because of that she feels very comfortable performing with him. On Uhm Ki-Joon, she says they perform well together since he is a senior and is very professional and experienced.

Then it was Ken's turn to talk about his female co-stars. HJ teasingly says, "I'm right beside you." Ken did not spare his compliments for HJ saying that when performing with HJ noona, he gets immerse in his role since her eyes draws him in very much. Here he kept saying her eyes is misty and watery so he gets really immersed in it. HJ says well done, very good.(for his compliments) Then when KCR ask about other female co-stars, he just said they are also not bad. KCR tease him that because SHJ is here, the rest are also not bad, that's all?

(They have interludes, and song request in between, the songs were requested by HJ)

My note: If you have seen the Cinderella pics posted earlier, I think you would all agree she and Ken look great together. I love how effortless Ken lifts her up with one hand while they were dancing. Ken seems so fixated on her eyes lol. Ken is also the only one she did  a photoshoot together with.

• Like 14