10 hours ago, angel2013 said:

Ready to roll, are you ready HyunJinies? These pictures of HJ are so pretty I can't get enough!

GXBJS0V.jpg

My personal favorite because it's different from the rest and something less typical. Thanks @angel2013 @samaf @anggun11 @d2wach For postings.

Missed news on her so much that I binge watched KDSBK all108 episodes! 

• Like 6

just google trans

when asked about Seo Hyun-jin, Seo Eun-soo said, "she is the best actress I have ever seen." sHe said, "When you ask Seo Hyun-jin, 'What do I lack?' I said, 'Of course it will not be enough. It's natural and you have to be a little more relaxed. sHe said, "But you are  doing well, you are doing so well, really great. 

In particular, Seo Hyun Jin presented a book to Seo Eun Su. Seo Eun-su explained, "sHe gave me a book, and she wrote me a letter, saying, 'I wish you'd be shining in your twenties.' "When I became an actor in my 10th year, I thought that I could give a book gift to my junior and give such a warm speech." "I consider the role model to be Seo Hyun-jin nowadays. When you turn off the camera light, you are more humanistic and beautiful. " 

In addition, Seo Eun-su also reported episode of 'romantic doctor Kim Sabu' during the first script reading. Seo Eun-soo said, "Seo Hyun-jin was sick, and I was in charge of Yun Seo Jeong." they said, "You sit here and read Yun Seok-jung." I read the prints and read 'I'm sorry, it's fingerprints', "he said, and laughed. 

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=21192167&ctg=1502&tm=i_ntr_c011

201701272125210310_3.jpg

• Like 6

SorAtwE.jpg

Hyunjinies, reminder! ppali ppali send in your messages since I need time to work on the scrapbook! I do not want to do a rush job or last minute work on it, so send them in early to the email account stated so i can collate and do them. Counting on everyone of you! 

• Like 4

HsHRGgu.jpg

MeSense Official IG update pic! Simply breath takingly gorgeous! Guess we can look out for more gorgeous pics from MeSense soon, I hope HJ stylist take a leaf from Carlyn and MeSense or even MarieClaire.Elle, these pro people dress HJ perfectly and brings out the best in her.

CR: MeSense Official IG

@uknowahah have fun binge watching KDSBH! have you tried Let's Eat 2? The Three Musketeers? She's adorable in both. If you have finished her dramas you could watch her in variety program like Let's Eat with Friends or SBS SNS expedition to Brazil, you will see her true self in them.

@kopifan wow you didn't? *claps* what an achievement. I can only do saeguk once, I just binge watch the three musketeers recently.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

MeSense Official IG update pic! Simply breath takingly gorgeous! Guess we can look out for more gorgeous pics from MeSense soon, I hope HJ stylist take a leaf from Carlyn and MeSense or even MarieClaire.Elle, these pro people dress HJ perfectly and brings out the best in her.

That's it, can they learn from this style?SHJ looks so perfect with this style. She looks so fresh and gorgeous, likes women in 20's.

Another spoiler of MeSense:

I haven't watched Three Musketeers and KDSBH, but have seen some its video cuts, bec i'm not fan of saeguk ^_^. Only 1 her saeguk that I have seen , Goddes of Fire. I have seen GOF not long after it ended. At first i watched it bec MGY and Kim Bum, but i become interested with Hwa Ryeong's (SHJ) character. Her one-side love towards Kim Bum made me awaited the scene of them. But you must prepare your heart when watch it, because the ending of them.... especially ending for Hwa Ryeong:(...it so heartbreaking.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, samaf said:

"When I became an actor in my 10th year, I thought that I could give a book gift to my junior and give such a warm speech." "I consider the role model to be Seo Hyun-jin nowadays. When you turn off the camera light, you are more humanistic and beautiful. " 

In addition, Seo Eun-su also reported episode of 'romantic doctor Kim Sabu' during the first script reading. Seo Eun-soo said, "Seo Hyun-jin was sick, and I was in charge of Yun Seo Jeong." they said, "You sit here and read Yun Seok-jung." I read the prints and read 'I'm sorry, it's fingerprints', "he said, and laughed. 

Oh, SHJ so warm-hearted sunbae. She even gave book gift for her junior, wonder that book about what? About advice of acting lessons?

I wonder who replaced her as Yoon Seo Jung when first script reading, so it was Seo Eun Soo.

Another cuts from YYS's interview:

• Like 5

@anggun11 too late, I watch FOG just SHJ part...skipped the rest...so sad, yeah I still don't like her to act as villain even though she is so good in it.

HyunJinie sent snack truck support to #IntrovertBoss where male lead YeonWooJin is her good friend and label mate but also for YeJiwon(who sent her a coffee truck during her filming of RDTK)

• Like 4

Double post * @angel2013 has posted it.

SHJ sent a food truck to support "Introverted Boss" team. The banner "For Director Song Hyun Wook, Han Dong Hyun, and Director Lee Jae Dong, also all staff avengers".

@angel2013 Although i didn't know her that time. But i still remember her character:). I wasn't hated her character there.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, anggun11 said:

Double post * @angel2013 has posted it.

SHJ sent a food truck to support "Introverted Boss" team. The banner "For Director Song Hyun Wook, Han Dong Hyun, and Director Lee Jae Dong, also all staff avengers".

Ok I can't read korean, so the support only for the directors?:tongue: awww I thot it was for YJW and YWJ hehehe and whats with the staff avengers hahaha...reminds me of RDTK-_-

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

Ok I can't read korean, so the support only for the directors?:tongue: awww I thot it was for YJW and YWJ hehehe and whats with the staff avengers hahaha...reminds me of RDTK-_-

I'm not proficient too ^_^ it just my rough trans:D

I think the mean staff avengers including AOHY actors and YWJ, so many AOHY family there.

Miss our "monday-tuesday drama"...:(

• Like 1

2016060217002219599-540x540.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/948678

Seo HyeonJin · Shin HyeSun · Minah, ‘Their Ordinary Looks Make Them More Beautiful’

Posted by Jo HyeonJoo : 2016/06/07 19:37:36

'Plain-Janes' Revolt!

tvN drama "Another Miss Oh"'s Oh HaeYoung (Seo HyeonJin), KBS2 drama "Five Children"'s Lee YeonTae (Shin HyeSun), and SBS drama "My Daughter Gong Shim"'s GongShim (Minah) included, 'Plain-Janes'(ordinary looking women) have taken firm hold of the family room screens.

These oft-overlooked ladies with so-so visuals are always being compared to someone else. Around them there always exist other gorgeous and capable competitors getting all the attention; their outstanding visuals and abilities are given. At once these ordinary women seem infinitely pitiful and frail. They arouse within us this inexplicabe, peculiar identification with them.

Seo HyeonJin . Shin HyeSun . Minah - 'Pitiable'

Seems realistic. In their roles the three draw out empathies of other women in their 20's and 30's. In their professions they may be struggling and in the face of love they shrink back. They get compared to those 'better' than them, always getting knocked down. The kind of story that anyone may have felt at least once causes the viewers' to channel these emotions.

In 'Another Miss Oh' her namesake Oh HaeYoung and the troubles stemming from her are portrayed. The plain Oh HaeYoung (Seo HyeonJin), from high school days, existed in the shadows of the prettier and 'better' Oh HaeYoung (Jeon HyeBin). When someone called, "HaeYoung!" and she turned around, it was usually someone calling the 'pretty' Oh HaeYoung. She always existed a bit deflated. After becoming an adult it was the same story. With her wedding just a day away, with an excuse that he "hated the look of her when she ate", he broke off the wedding, and she was chased out of her house. At the workplace, she always gets scorned. Of course the possibility of promotion is far from her.

In "Five Children" Lee YeonTae is a kind and gentle-natured person. Her 7-year unrequited crush, Kim TaeMin (Ahn WooYeon) - she had finally lost to her old classmate and sister-in-law (who was like her nemesis), Jang JinJoo (Im SooHyang). In all those years, Lee YeonTae had not once confessed her love for him. She was the very essence of shrinking in the face of love. On top of that, she absolutely fails to pick up on Kim SangMin's (SungHoon) overtures that he likes her. Alone, her heart aches with love and then it aches with pain. As if to parody Kim SangMin's words, "there's not a crevice about her that's pretty", she's not only 'not pretty', but also clueless.

In "Beautiful GongShim", GongShim is always being compared to her genetically superior sister GongMi (Seo HyoRim). Unlike her ugly sister GongShim, GongMi is a lawyer with superior looks that gets everyone's attention. Even in her home she gets first class treatement. But GongShim is different. The ever also-ran at job interviews, she mainly does physical labor but also doesn't get treated nicely. Her constant stress from job preparations cause hair loss, enough to put her in a situation she has to wear a wig. For secretary position interview qualifying exam, she's even mocked for her appearance.

All of that not withstanding...

As advertised, 'pitiful' stories were told. The 3 individuals are not special. However, they are receiving fervent support. "Another Miss Oh", each episode is breaking record and reigning in popularity victories. In "Five Children", Lee YeonTae-Kim SangMin couple is receiving huge amount of love equal to the starring couple, Ahn JaeWook-So YouJin. "Beautiful GongShim" also of course, by the 3rd episode, exceeded 10% viewership ratings and threatening competing broadcast of "Flower in Prison". The cause for such popularity is the sheer dint of efforts of these ordinary women. With their winsome and capable acting these actresses brought to life their charms, and wth honest and unpretentious expressions of emotions they brought about empathy.

It's not that the viewers' hearts have been captivated yet. These women are being immersed in the love bestowed on them by their princes on white horses. Although their faces aren't beautiful, their true feelings have been acknowledged. Oh HaeYoung has ultimately succeeded in stealing the heart of his 'iron-walled' neighbor next door Park DoHyeong (Eric). Park DoeGyung confesses to Oh HaeYoung "I've loved you since the time you said you put your own name in as class president." Saying he "liked her courage of confessing embarassing situation directly," he had embraced Oh HaeYoung's 'dark past'.

Kim SangMin has completely fallen for Lee YeonTae's shy and innocent charms. Ahn Dante (Nam GoongMin) is also the same. Towards GongShim whom everyone claims is ugly, Ahn Dante says "Not having any make-up on is the method of making yourself the prettiest." It matters not if one is pretty or not. That "the look you were born with is plenty sufficient to receive love" is the main message we can see.

Drama critic and professor Youn SukJin, regarding "plain-Jane"'s attention says, "instead of the superior and beautiful character, she's the ordinary character we can see commonly all around us. Thus, anyone can enter that realm", and "establishment of that shared sympathy (with the viewers) is the biggest factor in their popularity, it seems," he stated.

And "I hope they do well. I want to root for them. As we cheer for them, that's the way we can give ourselves courage and strength."

Jo HyeonJoo reporting jhjdh@tenasia.co.kr

--

An old article from June 2016, but caught my eye. The writer uses some hyperbole to make her points, but overall the analysis has some valid points. What do you think? B)

• Like 4

Thanks for the article @meechuttso hmmm can't remember if I've read it before, agree to the point that all brought out the charms of their characters using their capable acting but didn't quite resonate with the overly emphasis on ordinary, plain janes, not pretty, not beautiful, although the title says otherwise.

@samaf thanks for putting it in spoilers the BILY video cuts, I'm still deciding whether I should take a look since I am still waiting for it to be shown in my theaters here but there is still now news of its release date yet sigh...

more pics of SHJ for carlyn bag shoot from blog:http://blog.naver.com/jhanjl71/220924688990

04ZWpge.jpg

41WpYnY.jpg

Spoiler

wXijFZ4.jpg

IvYGB6j.jpg

XitQDpg.jpg

• Like 7