Thanks for the reply @angel2013...

This is the first time I've post in a specific actress thread... most of my post are for the dramas that I've watched...

I think she's a very private person, cuz I've been searching the internet about her family background, family/baby pictures, etc. but I cannot find one...

Yes, I've read about the recognitions/nominations that she has received with regards to her acting and I'm happy about that... At least her effort is not futile...

Is it too much to ask that SeoHyunJin be also recognize for her musical capability? I hope she will be given the opportunity to have a solo album... She has a very lovely voice, but I think her confidence is lacking in that area... I've seen her LE2 premier, when she was ask to sing the OST of the drama... she sang a portion but is too shy to continue... Why?... But I love that Song "Up and Down", and she's very pretty and cute in the MTV as well.

But then in the musical Cinderella, I find her oozing with confidence... The way she sang and dance so gracefully... I think she loves musical!!! and I hope I can watch her perform live soon....

I also want to see her singing while playing the piano... Gosh! I guess this is one of the reason why I fell so deeply in love with her... I admire people who is good in musical instruments...

Sorry for my ranting.... It's hard for me to fall in love with any actress but once I fall I'm a terrible lover!!!:wub:

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, mail3227 said:

Thanks for the reply @angel2013...

This is the first time I've post in a specific actress thread... most of my post are for the dramas that I've watched...

I think she's a very private person, cuz I've been searching the internet about her family background, family/baby pictures, etc. but I cannot find one...

Yes, I've read about the recognitions/nominations that she has received with regards to her acting and I'm happy about that... At least her effort is not futile...

Is it too much to ask that SeoHyunJin be also recognize for her musical capability? I hope she will be given the opportunity to have a solo album... She has a very lovely voice, but I think her confidence is lacking in that area... I've seen her LE2 premier, when she was ask to sing the OST of the drama... she sang a portion but is too shy to continue... Why?... But I love that Song "Up and Down", and she's very pretty and cute in the MTV as well.

But then in the musical Cinderella, I find her oozing with confidence... The way she sang and dance so gracefully... I think she loves musical!!! and I hope I can watch her perform live soon....

I also want to see her singing while playing the piano... Gosh! I guess this is one of the reason why I fell so deeply in love with her... I admire people who is good in musical instruments...

Sorry for my ranting.... It's hard for me to fall in love with any actress but once I fall I'm a terrible lover!!!:wub:

You're welcome.:)

She is actually very shy, she sang OST for the dramas she's in like 'My daughter Su Baek Hyang', Let's Eat 2 and Another Oh Hae Young, so she get requested each time at the press con/interview of the dramas to sing the OST LIVE so she gets flustered.She's cute when she's flustered btw.  She sings confidently when she is alone haha. She is good in musicals because she can do both well, ACT and SING! I think her voice is very suitable for musicals.

I think you can't find many stuff about her online because she was not that popular and so not many people search out for her or post online things about her, who knows maybe after OHYA more of her personal stuff will be revealed as she gets also more media coverage. Back then, there is just not many people who knows her and or is interested to know her. She is totally under-rated, imagine such a good actress like her only got OHY role after 2 actress rejected it and it was her three musketeers PD that recommended her for this role. i want to thank that PD otherwise we would not discover this gem!

Base on history, she does about one drama a year, so maybe we will only get to see her in a new drama only next year but who knows because of OHYA popularity she may get more offers for dramas in future. Still i think the grueling live filming is bad. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, angel2013 said:
<五個孩子>申惠善,看了<又是吳海英>之後成為徐玄振的熱血粉絲
2016.07.01 '아이가 다섯' 신혜선 "'또! 오해영' 보고 서현진 열혈팬 됐어요"[인터뷰] Kaoty翻譯/轉載註明Pearl . 徐玄振 서현진

申惠善對於"是否有嚮往的女演員"的提問, 一秒也沒有遲疑的說出徐玄振。
她說:「以前從來沒有迷過女演員,但看著<又是吳海英>,深深迷上了徐玄振前輩。」又說:「因為還沒有完全把電視劇看完,打算在IPTV上面看,也刻意不去看結局相關的新聞。」顯示了"徐玄振症候群"的樣貌。
申惠善對於"有可能飾演像吳海英這樣的角色嗎"的提問,她搖著手回應說:「雖然會想演,但似乎沒辦法做到。覺得是只有徐玄振前輩才有辦法展現出的特色。」
申惠善對於<又是吳海英>的愛已到了令<五個孩子>的製作團隊與對手演員成勛也吐舌的地步。申惠善說:「看了Eric和徐玄振的吻戲影片之後,向導演拜託能不能也拍這種激烈的吻戲,還跟成勛哥哥問說能不能像Eric那樣拍吻戲。」令人莞爾。

Source:https://www.facebook.com/notes/pearl-徐玄振-서현진/五個孩子申惠善看了又是吳海英之後成為徐玄振的熱血粉絲/604370409724879

Rough translation by me : Actress Shin Hye Sun of Drama Five Children became a big fan of Seo Hyun Jin after watching OHYA.

When asked if there is any actress that she admires, Shin Hye Sun immediately replies its Seo Hyun Jin.

She said,"I've never admire any female actress before but after watching OHYA, I've become admirer of Seo Hyun Jin sunbae"

When asked if she would take on a role like OHY, she replied, " Although I would like to, but I don't think I can, it seems like a character only Seo Hyun Jin sunbae can carry out."

Shin Hye Sun's love for OHYA is so great that she even ask the director and actor of Five children if they can have that kind of kiss scenes like Eric and Seo Hyun Jin in the drama.

(I did not translate the part highlighted in orange.)

I totally agree, its a role only Seo Hyun Jin can carry out! She brings Oh Hae Young to live and relatable and lovable at the same time.

Thanks for the translation and sharing the article @angel2013! Music to my ears reading that fellow actress also admires SHJ.

I agree with you one reason I like SHJ is she is totally relatable whether as the character she played or hershelf!

I hope she does another drama this year! Want to see her back on screen. (sorry for being selfish:sweatingbullets:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angel2013 said:

She is totally under-rated, imagine such a good actress like her only got OHY role after 2 actress rejected it and it was her three musketeers PD that recommended her for this role. i want to thank that PD otherwise we would not discover this gem!

Base on history, she does about one drama a year, so maybe we will only get to see her in a new drama only next year but who knows because of OHYA popularity she may get more offers for dramas in future. Still i think the grueling live filming is bad. 

Sorry to cut your post... I have already heard that HyunJin is not the first choice for OHYA but its my first time to hear that she was recommended by the T3M PD.... Wow! Thanks for that info... I've watched T3M, and I think she's good there... she also has an awesome chemistry with both LJW and JYW, but then nothing can beat her chemistry with EM... so basically people she has worked with has nothing but good things for this girl... Yes, we should be thankful with the PD of T3M,.. whats his name by the way?.... for giving an opportunity for our SeoHyunJin to shine and be acknowledge for her acting...

I heard HyunJin has an incoming movie, though not as a lead, at least she will still be visible for the incoming months.... I hope her agency will give us a glimpse of her incoming projects, even CFs is ok with me... as soon as I can still see her, its ok with me... this silence right now is killing me...

and of course MUSICAL... MUSICAL.... MUSICAL... I hope she will be offered another musical within before the year ends....

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, mail3227 said:

Sorry to cut your post... I have already heard that HyunJin is not the first choice for OHYA but its my first time to hear that she was recommended by the T3M PD.... Wow! Thanks for that info... I've watched T3M, and I think she's good there... she also has an awesome chemistry with both LJW and JYW, but then nothing can beat her chemistry with EM... so basically people she has worked with has nothing but good things for this girl... Yes, we should be thankful with the PD of T3M,.. whats his name by the way?.... for giving an opportunity for our SeoHyunJin to shine and be acknowledge for her acting...

I heard HyunJin has an incoming movie, though not as a lead, at least she will still be visible for the incoming months.... I hope her agency will give us a glimpse of her incoming projects, even CFs is ok with me... as soon as I can still see her, its ok with me... this silence right now is killing me...

and of course MUSICAL... MUSICAL.... MUSICAL... I hope she will be offered another musical within before the year ends....

https://www.dramafever.com/news/3-actresses-who-rejected-lead-role-on-another-oh-hae-young/

Another Oh Hae Young producer Park Ho Shik had said at a press conference that a colleague highly recommended Seo for his role. "'The Three Musketeers' producer highly recommended Seo Hyun Jin. Since then, I've been eyeing to cast her in a drama," Park said.

The 3M was directed by  Kim Byung-so though I'm not sure if he's the one.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mail3227 said:

when i first saw her in TTM, with all the cuteness she portrayed there, i became a fan and tried searching for her other dramas etc, but yeah she was quite an unknown then, not much info i could get, there were like less than 4 pages in here. then i quietly thought to myself wow this lady would ace at romcoms and lots of people would wanna watch her.

then BANG ! when OHYA previewed later on with her name on it, i was so excited.... hope to see her in more romcoms soon. what a cutieeeeeeee..

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, foxvanilla said:

when i first saw her in TTM, with all the cuteness she portrayed there, i became a fan and tried searching for her other dramas etc, but yeah she was quite an unknown then, not much info i could get, there were like less than 4 pages in here. then i quietly thought to myself wow this lady would ace at romcoms and lots of people would wanna watch her.

then BANG ! when OHYA previewed later on with her name on it, i was so excited.... hope to see her in more romcoms soon. what a cutieeeeeeee..

Wow! you got an eye for a REAL TREASURE!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mail3227 said:

@angel2013 wow! so pretty! thanks for sharing... but I think she becomes thinner.... maybe because of the hectic filming schedule of OHYA... but pretty as ever! excited for more pics to come from this pictorials...

Yeah our bubbly cheery SHJ is back! :D But I agree she looks thinner. Take care of your health Hyunjinie!

• Like 3

@mail3227 @icemaid yeah she looks so much thinner but still so so pretty. She looks so flawless even when so closed up! 

Ok, here's the rough translation from Hyun Jin Chinese baidu bar on the video;

Hello everyone, I am Seo Hyun Jin!

I am shooting for Instyle Magazine August Edition.

Drama has ended, and many stuff had ended, time for some travel plans

Where do everyone like to go? I prefer places with nature

Is there anyone who would like to go along? call?

Something like trekking would be good, if anyone interested in trekking call me

See you in Instyle August Ed

Wishing everyone a happy holiday

Credit:
Pearl HyunJin and HyunJin baidu bar (copy and paste didn't work)

• Like 12

I guess it would take awhile before she pick up another drama. Ssince OHYA is such a success she will need to be careful with her next drama. (I would love to be proven wrong!)

Besides CFs and photoshoot, it will be wonderful if she can be guest in variety shows like 2D1N, Happy Together etc....

LOL so hungry to see her back on the small screen.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, icemaid said:

I guess it would take awhile before she pick up another drama. Ssince OHYA is such a success she will need to be careful with her next drama. (I would love to be proven wrong!)

Besides CFs and photoshoot, it will be wonderful if she can be guest in variety shows like 2D1N, Happy Together etc....

LOL so hungry to see her back on the small screen.

I want her to be guest in Happy Together!!!! Or maybe Running Man again? Pls plsss

• Like 5

Guest 999hearts

@angel2013 thank you so much for translating!!

I'm so so so happy that more and more people praise her (despite the dating rumors, etc.) ^^ I feel like others admire SHJ these days cos her image as an actress goes beyond her looks. Don't get me wrong, she is pretty, like super pretty. But I don't think her beauty is typical SK beauty. If I had to compare SHJ and other beautiful Korean actresses' physical appearances, SHJ looks ordinary. And that's her charm. Her ordinariness is so relatable for normal people like us. She really is the best of both worlds: it's not weird seeing her in pretty romantic scenes and wacky comedic scenes. Whereas those who are too pretty might come off as strange in comedic scenes.

Although I'm a new fan, I have so many good things to say about SHJ yet I'm overflowed with feelings that it's hard to say what I wanna say!! Gahh, how is that possible?! >.<

Hopefully, her movie with Cha Taehyun (Because I love You iirc) is gonna be released soon. Now that SHJ has a loyal fanbase, it's a great time to release it while she slowly lets go of her image as OHY and picks other acting projects.

From now on, I only wish good things for Seo Hyun Jin~~ :heart:

1 hour ago, angel2013 said:

@mail3227 @icemaid yeah she looks so much thinner but still so so pretty. She looks so flawless even when so closed up! 

Ok, here's the rough translation from Hyun Jin Chinese baidu bar on the video;

Hello everyone, I am Seo Hyun Jin!

I am shooting for Instyle Magazine August Edition.

Drama has ended, and many stuff had ended, time for some travel plans

Where do everyone like to go? I prefer places with nature

Is there anyone who would like to go along? call?

Something like trekking would be good, if anyone interested in trekking call me

See you in Instyle August Ed

Wishing everyone a happy holiday

Credit:
Pearl HyunJin and HyunJin baidu bar (copy and paste didn't work)

Thanks for the translation! I would love it if someone offered her a trekking travel documentary to lead. I love trekking too and Bhutan, Nepal, New Zealand and Switzerland have nice nature and easy trekking!

It will be fun seeing her adventurous side.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, kopifan said:

Thanks for the translation! I would love it if someone offered her a trekking travel documentary to lead. I love trekking too and Bhutan, Nepal, New Zealand and Switzerland have nice nature and easy trekking!

It will be fun seeing her adventurous side.

She did one, some SNS travel thingy where its quite adventuring, someone posted on the shipper's thread here's the link  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lsn_98Gpt. I haven't got around to watching that cos I can't find full episodes of it just clips.

22$1$%EC%9D%BC%EB%8B%A8%EB%9D%84%EC%9B%8 this is the travel adventure program. Pic source; Jump Entertainment

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

She did one, some SNS travel thingy where its quite adventuring, someone posted on the shipper's thread here's the link  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lsn_98Gpt. I haven't got around to watching that cos I can't find full episodes of it just clips.

Thanks @angel2013. I love where she went and find a different side of her in different scenes with different people.

For example, she seems really comfortable with her co-host and it seems he's also very caring over her during the trip

Btw anyone knows where I can find the translated video for this... Seems like it's all about her in this particular segment

• Like 4