PART 2

From about 8mins plus onwards, KCR ask questions about SHJ and Ken themselves, so I will only share about HJ's part. KCR asked 3 questions, of which they have to respond with a one liner answer first then elaborate on it later.

(1) Your first musical The Sound of Music  in 2005. You cried a lot in it, how do you feel after the performance?

SHJ answer: I want to run away.

(2) In the drama Let's Eat 2, you've been called eating goddess, what are your thoughts when you hear the comments?

SHJ answer: Very fast and eat a lot.

(3) You've learned Korean dance for 10 years plus your natural beauty and physic, you should be very popular during school time. What is your popularity level during that time?

SHJ answer: No such thing.

Now for the elaborate answer to the above questions.

Q(1)

SHJ:In the musical the Sound of Music, I acted as the eldest daughter Elizabeth but because it is my first time and I do not have any prior experience, I often got a lot of scolding because I was not perfoming up to par. (Here she also mention she is very slow and couldn't keep up) My standard was like those year 2 and year 3 kids so the director was very troubled. I would run to the toilet during break time and cry and really wanted to go home. (She's just 20years old then) This ordeal lasted for 2 months. KCR asked is that why you went for acting classes after that? Because I never even read a script before so I went to learn about acting and kept going back to the teacher to learn.

KCR: Now your acting is very good!

SHJ:(shy)mmmm.....

KCR: Is it only me who think so?

SHJ: Thank you very much.

Ken: I think so too!

KCR: My fan heart shouldn't be so obvious right?

SHJ: It's ok, I like it, thank you.

She was then asked how she feel now, whether she feels that she owned the stage when she's on it.

SHJ: My responsibility increases a lot. In this musical, there are also many technical aspects to take care of. For eg, we have like only 1.5-2 seconds to change our dress on stage(where Cinderella old dress becomes a gown), it is a very important aspect and we cannot miss the timing.

KCR: When did you first have your dream for acting?

SHJ: After I learn my acting from my teacher. I learned from my teacher for 4 years, got scolded a lot but also like a friend to me. So my acting got better through this and I am slowly working towards my dream of becoming an actress.

KCR: Don't you have any thoughts of becoming an actress when you did the musical?

SHJ: No, not at that time. I wasn't ready at that time but I was put to work in the musical, I was nervous and panicked, those who see me also panic.

KCR: Do you think you were put up because of your pretty looks and not acting skills?

SHJ: No, no definitely not like that. I had an initial audition at the KTV. We were just told to prepare a song to sing. Not chosen because of acting skill, that's why it became a mess later on. (so can I say she chosen base on her vocals?)

KCR: Even then, you worked hard after that and you came to where you are now.

SHJ: I really work very hard, it was very difficult.

Then this part, they talk about her teacher.

Q(2)

SHJ: I normally eat very slowly. I usually take about 40mins to finish my meal. But it seems like if you eat fast and you eat a lot, it makes the food seems delicious. I have to eat a lot of digestion pills during the filming of the drama LE2 (poor girl). The director wants us to look good while eating so in actual fact, we ate a lot and it is usually done in a day, so it is very tiring. If you eat a lot, your reaction goes time goes down, so we have to do it at one go.

They deviated here to talk about giving to parents.(after Ken talks about giving his prize rewards to his parents) HJ mentions that she never gave her parents cash as she feels its awkward to do so. Instead she often buy them gifts or whatever they need like a sofa for her dad or audio set etc. However, HJ mention that for father/mother day this year, she gave them card.(not sure what card, money card?credit card?) She said that her dad brings it to work, so she thought they must be very happy about it. But her mum also mentions her friend's kid also gave a certain $1m card(not sure abt the value) to her much earlier. She felt a bit deflated that she must be really slow in giving and that she is not a good daughter.

KCR: So you never have any thoughts of becoming a singer?

SHJ: No, I don't. (ok those who wanting her to release an album, your hope is dim) But I sing the OST's of the drama that I usually starred in.

KCR: Then you should come out with an album.

SHJ: No, I never thought about it. I will concentrate on working hard on my drama.

Q(3)

SHJ: Because all those that learn Korea dance are ladies, there is not a single guy in my batch. Even the batch before and after us only have 1 guy in it. So there's no such thing as popularity here. We live in the dance school, so we do not interact with the people from outside.(she mention this since KCR ask about guys from other school) We just stay in campus within the dance group. I got a culture shock when I switched high school.( She transferred to another high school after she became a trainee) I am suddenly surrounded by so many people be it in the canteen or the classes. I spent 30mins trying to find my way to my class because I've never been to a big school like this. The image also very different, because in dance school, all we wear whole day is our dance clothes. I became more cautious after this.

KCR: So after this, your popularity increases?

SHJ: No. I'm a very quiet person, I live a very quiet life.

KCR: How about now?

SHJ: Am I popular now? Ken?

Ken: YES! very popular.

The last segment is about Ken and his impersonations which is very funny but I'm not going to translate it here.

Please note as it is a very long radio show, I did not translate every detail, I try to extract the main points in the conversation although that is also most of it. Some parts have been left out because I am still new with this translating stuff. It is easier to do article translation than TV/radio trans.

• Like 22
  • Insightful 1

Thank you @angel2013 yet again! 

Every time I read these translated interviews of SHJ they always seem to tuck my heartsrtings one way or the other.

For a quiet person who lives a quiet life it is really not easy to be an actress, a celebrity and now with the added fame. I hope she is coping well. Luckily she has already been in this business for awhile so she should hold her own.

• Like 7

@demarchelier @icemaid :) I enjoyed it because while doing it I also learned so much about Hyun Jinnie and my wish is that more people would know about this precious gem! At the radio show today, she was asked if she had receive many offers for drama after OHYA, she says not really....I'm just wondering what's in the mind of the korean writers and directors :huh: But I think she don't have to just take any drama that comes along, she should choose wisely, I would love to see her in a serious drama not melo but serious, am I making sense? I guess not since I'm falling asleep, good night! 

• Like 10

Do u know what, as much I really crazy love erichyunjincouple..., deep in my heart I want Hyunjin with someone else. It's not that I don't like Eric I do really love him but, but...i love Hyunjin more that I could stand people underestimate her or said bad things about her.

Sorry I just feeling emotionally suddenly. Mian.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

@demarchelier @icemaid :) I enjoyed it because while doing it I also learned so much about Hyun Jinnie and my wish is that more people would know about this precious gem! At the radio show today, she was asked if she had receive many offers for drama after OHYA, she says not really....I'm just wondering what's in the mind of the korean writers and directors :huh: But I think she don't have to just take any drama that comes along, she should choose wisely, I would love to see her in a serious drama not melo but serious, am I making sense? I guess not since I'm falling asleep, good night! 

I was a bit sadden to read that she wasn't getting a lot of love calls from PDs for dramas. It might not be her though. It seems the networks have locked up their drama castings for the next few months before her hit drama aired because of the need to pre-produced dramas. At least she is getting a lot of CFs, and her movie "Goodbye Single" has just reached over 2 million admissions. She also has the movie with Cha Tae Hyun and a stellar cast, "Because I Love You", coming up.

• Like 12

@angel2013 wow again for ur translation.. it really made my day.. reading ur post in this thread seems like i was read shj's diary book :D i started to know her more n more.. i think she really had a bad day in her past especially in her teenage periode.. introvert type is hard to make new friend bcoz they cant open up first with new people.. a new scholl, new people and as an introvert type, i think i can feel what she felt that time.. kinda stressing.. i hope there's no bullying things happen to her since we read in many news it happen in many school in korea..

Btw, this intrvw from when 2015 after lets eat 2 got attention (good rating) and she slowly but sure bcomes more famous, but she still didnt has such confidence to admit it?? Omo.. hope she will learn to gain it (confidence) more..

I wait for today (recent) radio broadcast interview.. i will wait it patienly.. :D thanx again chingu..

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, demarchelier said:

I was a bit sadden to read that she wasn't getting a lot of love calls from PDs for dramas. It might not be her though. It seems the networks have locked up their drama castings for the next few months before her hit drama aired because of the need to pre-produced dramas. At least she is getting a lot of CFs, and her movie "Goodbye Single" has just reached over 2 million admissions. She also has the movie with Cha Tae Hyun and a stellar cast, "Because I Love You", coming up.

@angel2013 and @demarchelier i think she got a lot of drama offer, but bcoz she is a shy type girl, maybe she didnt want to "show off" about it.. or she was selecting it really carefully.. lets see for her next project.. i hope she got best script, best director n best cast to support her like ohya (for added, in ohya special eps 2, ye ji won also said that, its hard to pick a new project, will there be as good as ohya?? LOL)..

Goodbye single/familyhood doing well in cinemas.. and its hit box office.. i think somehow its bcoz shj do well in ohya..so maybe some of her fans watching that movie, despite shj isnt d leading female.. (sorry i dont know about leading female, never watch her b4, is she famous too??)

Yess, i really wait for shj new movie, because i love u.. is she d leading female there?

• Like 8

8 hours ago, qisthyukjin said:

Do u know what, as much I really crazy love erichyunjincouple..., deep in my heart I want Hyunjin with someone else. It's not that I don't like Eric I do really love him but, but...i love Hyunjin more that I could stand people underestimate her or said bad things about her.

Sorry I just feeling emotionally suddenly. Mian.

While there are supporters, there will always be haters, we can't stop them all, just ignore them. Hyun Jin's acting skills is acknowledged in industry even before OHYA(see earlier pages for her awards), just that in OHYA she climbed to an even higher level. We can still support her without shipping her with anyone else, though of course in our hearts, we hope she will find someone who truly can treasure and love her and support her in what she does. In Let's Eat with friends, she was just so happy to get a rose from one of the staff?(not sure the name she mention doesn't rings any bell) as she said she never received any flower for 10 years. Either she must have kept to herself all these years or else all the men around her are blind~that's why she never have confidence in the way she looks?

@demarchelier I am also looking forward to the new movie "Because I love you" I think she plays a major role as compared to "goodbye single/familyhood". the film finished last year, wonder why its taking so long to be released?

@Cherrine Kim yes, we all wish she has more confidence in herself! Be it how she looks or her acting skills and personality! She doesn't know her charms yet!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, d2wach said:

Graceful dance of Seo Hyun Jin as Su Baek Hyang in her dance of grace

Source: upload fr kissasian.com King's Daughter Su Baek Hyang epi 106

Did you do the clip yourself? I survived through more than 100 episodes of Saeguk drama because of HJ, she's brilliant in it, I really hated the sister in that drama but her character in the drama is too perfect a person but she did well. But I hope she doesn't do a drama that's so long, I would prefer her in shorter dramas so she can do different roles and characters to test her own acting skills :wub:

• Like 5

Just now, angel2013 said:

Did you do the clip yourself? I survived through more than 100 episodes of Saeguk drama because of HJ, she's brilliant in it, I really hated the sister in that drama but her character in the drama is too perfect a person but she did well. But I hope she doesn't do a drama that's so long, I would prefer her in shorter dramas so she can do different roles and characters to test her own acting skills :wub:

Yes I did:) doing some tinkering and succeeded :) I wanted to share it here how her years of training for traditional korean dance had paid off. So beautiful....  though the dance in the drama is just too short. I wanted to see more of her dancing the traditional dance. Her years of training in traditional dance and as an idol have made her body more fluid. I love her in King's Daughter SBH,  she is really brilliant as SBH/Solnan.  I hope to see her in diverse leading roles.  

I'm so happy we're in this together supporting her:wub:

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, d2wach said:

Yes I did:) doing some tinkering and succeeded :) I wanted to share it here how her years of training for traditional korean dance had paid off. So beautiful....  though the dance in the drama is just too short. I wanted to see more of her dancing the traditional dance. Her years of training in traditional dance and as an idol have made her body more fluid. I love her in King's Daughter SBH,  she is really brilliant as SBH/Solnan.  I hope to see her in diverse leading roles.  

I'm so happy we're in this together supporting her:wub:

Thanks for this clip @d2wach, I've re-watched this particular scene a lot.. I'm in awe of HyunJin's gracefulness... Isn't she so beautiful?:heart:

I hope to see her perform a traditional dance soon!...

And yes, I enjoy the drama KDSBH, first time watching a very long series... just because it's HyunJin's drama, that's how much I love this girl!!!

and all the leads in the drama are good!... also the lead and the 2nd lead actors are both good looking, pleasing to the eyes to watch... Lol:blush:

now, I'm off to continue watching LE2... I have to stopped watching this drama to concentrate on KDSBH...

• Like 2