On 10/27/2019 at 9:42 PM, LifesLikeThat said:

Fundraising for Black Dog by has begun

I just can't find any details on when it will be broadcast. Happy that it is pre-produced so the actors aren't working overtime  and we won't have rushed finale but if this isn't going to be shown this year, it's a whole year of no new HJ project. Argh!!! :dissapointed_relieved:

Really? They confirmed it to be pre-production? (because sometimes I saw they prepared it long time ago but still couldn't manage to finish on time) Great then! 

And hyunjinlight stories about her (hehe anyone understands?) always cute it seems :tears:

Also.. Hopefully we can also send something to her regarding her debut anniversary too. I know it's not about what's it, but how we pour the heart into it

• Like 4

@guestra I'm not sure if Black Dog is pre-produced, filming started back in August and it will be premiering in December so the majority of the drama has been put to reel which hopefully gives the production team time to produce a great drama. I am not a fan of live filming as most of the endings are rushed creating long working hours for the actors and staff and the integrity of the story is compromised.

Below is a Soompi article about the script reading of Black Dog, let the promotions begin!! :lol:

Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran’s Upcoming Drama “Black Dog” Holds First Script Reading

Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran’s Upcoming Drama “Black Dog” Holds First Script Reading

Nov 1, 2019
by C. Hong

Upcoming tvN drama “Black Dog” has shared photos of its first script read-through with the cast.

“Black Dog” tells the story of a young woman who is hired for a short-term teaching position and struggles to keep her dreams in the harsh reality of the classroom. Seo Hyun JinRa Mi Ran, Ha Joon have been confirmed to be leading the cast.

Present at the script reading were director Hwang Joon Hyuk, screenwriter Park Joo Yeon, and cast members Seo Hyun Jin, Ra Mi Ran, Ha Joon, Lee Chang HoonJung Hae KyunKim Hong FaYoo Min KyuPark Ji Hwan, and Jo Sun Joo.

Seo Hyun Jin plays Go Ha Neul, who is fighting in a world that is just as competitive as the world of her students. During the script reading, she captured her character’s ability to solve whatever problems life throws at her and demonstrated her trademark optimism.

Ra Mi Ran plays Park Sung Soon, the department head of the career counseling department and a known workaholic. She displayed her veteran acting skills, comedic chops, and trademark charisma, and also showed great chemistry with Seo Hyun Jin.

Ha Joon plays the Korean language professor Do Yeon Woo, who is popular among the students because of his good looks and talents. He is an idealist who believes that talent can overcome any office politics and walks his own path regardless of what other people think.

Lee Chang Hoon plays career counselor Bae Myung Soo, who is known for talking too much and wants the school to have a peaceful environment. Jung Hae Kyun plays Go Ha Neul’s uncle, Moon Soo Ho, who is a teaching director and master of office politics. Kim Hong Fa plays Byun Sung Joo, a passionate principal who is determined to compete with an elite school.

Yoo Min Kyu plays Ji Hae Won, who has been a short-term teacher for six years and always claims to be the No. 1 pick for promotion to a regular teaching position. Park Ji Hwan plays Song Yeong Tae, a teacher in charge of the high school seniors, who gets easily jealous and wants to be popular among the students. Jo Sun Joo plays Go Ha Neul’s partner in the classroom, Kim Yi Boon; Lee Yoon Hee plays the forever-second-fiddle vice principal Lee Seung Taek; Heo Tae Hee plays the quick-witted and fierce regular teacher Ha Soo Hyun; and Ye Soo Jung plays career counselor Yoon Yeo Hwa.

black-dog.jpg

The production staff of “Black Dog” stated, “It was an exciting script reading, considering that so many character actors were gathered in one place. They will reveal the reality of our current times through the theme of short-term teachers. Please look forward to a completely different type of school drama.”

“Black Dog” premieres on December 16, after the end of “Catch the Ghost.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, LifesLikeThat said:

@guestra I'm not sure if Black Dog is pre-produced, filming started back in August and it will be premiering in December so the majority of the drama has been put to reel which hopefully gives the production team time to produce a great drama. I am not a fan of live filming as most of the endings are rushed creating long working hours for the actors and staff and the integrity of the story is compromised.

Below is a Soompi article about the script reading of Black Dog, let the promotions begin!! :lol:

Seems like HJ has many nights fliming, must be really tiring! I hope Black Dog can finish fliming by Dec 16th so she can also sit back and relax watching Black Dog during the cold season! I suppose no more Monday blue for the month of Dec till Black Dog finale! :D

Yeah! Great promotions! I'm getting more excited for Black Dog storyline, they have fantastic casts! :)

Another fan coffee truck's support for HJ, I think her 5th support received!

• Like 5

23 hours ago, shjfan23 said:

Saw this on IG. RDTK squad will have their different dramas. Looks like HJ’s drama will be against RDTK2.

:scream: Teacher Kim and Teacher Go are competing … !!

Let me calm down with these nice photos of HJ's script reading moments. :)

• Like 3

This is the article from Soompi about Black Dog and trailer

“Black Dog” Teases Mystery And Drama In First Previews With Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran

“Black Dog” Teases Mystery And Drama In First Previews With Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran

Nov 16, 2019
by R. Jun

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Black Dog” has revealed the first previews for Seo Hyun Jin and Ra Mi Ran.

“Black Dog” tells the story of a young woman named Go Ha Neul who is hired for a short-term teaching position and struggles to keep her dreams in the harsh reality of the classroom.

In the new stills, an inexperienced Go Ha Neul (Seo Hyun Jin) arrives for her first day as a teacher at a prestigious private high school. She looks excited and eager to begin work, although as the school folds into fierce preparations for college entrance exams, Go Ha Neul will be faced with growing pains.

seo-hyun-jin-black-dog.jpg

Ra Mi Ran is Park Sung Soon, the passionate, charismatic head of the career counseling department at the school who is known as the “entrance exam master.” Despite her friendly smile, she has a sharp, critical eye.

ra-mi-ran-black-dog.jpg

In the preview with both Park Sung Soon and Go Ha Neul, there is a decidedly chill atmosphere, raising anticipation as to the nature of the characters’ relationship with each other. Go Ha Neul’s and Park Sung Soon’s smiles from the previous stills are suddenly nowhere to be seen, and Go Ha Neul stands nervously at attention, waiting for Park Sung Soon to speak.

seo-hyun-jin-ra-mi-ran-black-dog.jpg

Seo Hyun Jin and Ra Mi Ran shared their thoughts about working together. Seo Hyun Jin said, “I think the chemistry is great. [Ra Mi Ran’s] energy on set is so great, and she makes everyone laugh. She doesn’t make it obvious, but she sees everything, and there are a lot of times when a casual passing comment that she makes becomes a big help in acting. I felt that this kind of thing is what experience is.”

Seo Hyun Jin added, “She always sings on set, and it’s really charming.”

Ra Mi Ran said, “It goes without saying that working with Seo Hyun Jin is great, and it’s always fun coming to set. We’re having a lot of fun filming with our group of passionate actors.”

“Black Dog” also teased a glimpse of Seo Hyun Jin’s character Go Ha Neul’s past in a short trailer. Alongside footage of a bus accident in a tunnel, Go Ha Neul says, “How could you have done that to me? I have to know,” as the scene cuts to Go Ha Neul standing in front of an empty classroom in tears.

seo-hyun-jin-black-dog-00.jpg

“Black Dog” premieres on December 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST, taking over the time slot of “Catch the Ghost.”

Watch the trailer below:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

kstyle interview with Hyun Jin ( The Beauty Inside)

Haha.. manage to understand it through google trans. I think more or less the same we'd already known from the KNTV interview! I'm still hoping she'll try one more romance drama after Black Dog, but seems she really want to avoid that genre! Want to see some heart fluttering scene from her drama, don't think I can get it from Black Dog!:D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hola2jin said:

Black Dog still cuts! :wub:

I just realized how beautiful she is with that hair! I’m now considering getting that haircut but not sure if I have the confidence after. Lol!!!

Dec16 is getting closer, I’m excited with the promotions they’ll be doing! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, shjfan23 said:

I just realized how beautiful she is with that hair! I’m now considering getting that haircut but not sure if I have the confidence after. Lol!!!

Dec16 is getting closer, I’m excited with the promotions they’ll be doing!

Why not give it a try, you'll look younger like Hyun Jin did!

Black Dog 1st poster! :wub:

3 hours ago, seohyunjin Int'nl said:

Hello Hyunjinies~

Seo Hyun Jin <Black Dog> fundraiser deadline is near..let's show our support for hyunjin new drama.

Thank you~

Thanks! We'll support HJ!

• Like 2

Highlights of Hyun Jin's answer to the "given tasks" by HyunJinLight upon their coffee truck support on Oct 30.

Actually HJ did turn to her manager and asked whether she could tick the answer for the question about next project. A.Movie B.Drama C.Musical Play D.Secret. As she's not sure can be confirmed so she chose secret! I'm glad that HJ seems to have a possible project in talks while still filming Black Dog so we'll not get her long ninjia mode soon after this upcoming drama end!

credit Red Skirt and henjin for English trans.

video source owner: HyunJinLight

• Like 3
  • Love 1