All captures credit to posuko

Source:trulyjiwoo/rosie

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramalover

Reposting from trulyjiwoo/thanks rosie for sharing

VODS PACHINKO WINTER SONATA 2 2008 COMING SOON.......

Youtube link to view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLY8FK22U8&rel=1

hd01.jpghd02.jpghd03.jpghd04.jpg

hd05.jpghd06.jpghd07.jpghd08.jpg

logo_entrance.jpgbtn_enter_on.jpg

photo.jpgphoto02a.jpg

photo04b.jpgphoto04a.jpg

• 2 months later...

March 18, 2008

[THE HIGH TIDE OF THE KOREAN WAVE(24)]

Producer believes in power of good storytelling

What comes up to your mind when you hear the word "Hallyu" or Korean Wave might be heartthrobs like Bae Yong-joon or Kwon Sang-woo.

What if, though, they couldn't find the right dramas -- "Winter Sonata" for Bae and "Stairway to Heaven" for Kwon -- to turn them into pan-Asian stars?

They might or might not be "Hallyu stars" now, but the point is there are far more than just star power involved in the mechanism of making a Korean cultural product a success in the Asian market, such as brilliant storylines and good character development to support them.

When Yoon Suk-ho, 50, producer of the massively popular television series "Winter Sonata" (2002), created "Spring Waltz" (2006), the final installment of his famous four season series, he assigned the main characters of it to actor Seo Do-young and actress Han Hyo-joo -- newcomers to the entertainment world, not established stars.

His previous work, such as "Autumn In My Heart," and "Winter Sonata," featured top stars. "Spring Waltz" wasn't exactly a smash hit here, comparatively. But overseas, "Spring Waltz" added new momentum to the Korean Wave across Aisia. Broadcasting contracts were signed with TV networks in nine Asian nations, even before the drama was shown in Korea.

"Right before his debut in 1994 with 'Love Greeting,' Bae Yong-joon told me excitedly that there were people recognizing him. Bae Yong-joon and Won Bin were not stars from the beginning," Yoon told The Korea Herald. "Star-oriented producing deprives talented rookie entertainers of the opportunity to provide a fresh spin on the entertainment industry, and will do harm to the entirely industry by increasing production costs."

Instead of depending on star power, the producer chose to turn the two rookie actors into stars, and the result was impressive. The profits from the initial export deal of the 20-episode drama -- about young sweethearts who meet again after losing touch for 15 years -- was over 5 billion won ($4.9 million), covering the production costs of the drama.

Besides, "Spring Waltz" also made the two rookies far bigger stars in Japan than here, after the television series was aired on Japan's NHK television last year.

Earlier this month, about 100 Japanese fans of Seo Do-young visited Korea to see him act in the new KBSsitcom "Unstoppable Wedding," a remake of the movie with the same title, in which he plays Wang Gi-baek, son of an overnight millionaire. Han Hyo-joo, 21, who won the Best Actress award at the 20th Singapore International Film Festival last year for her performance in director Lee Yoon-ki's "Ad-lib Night," earned the delightful nickname of "The Nagasawa Masami of Korea" in Japan.

200803180033uf1.jpg

Yoon Suk-ho [Park Hae-mook/The Korea Herald]

"Star power does generate revenue, but sometimes the power to create new stars comes from good story telling," continued the producer, who enjoys rock-star-like popularity in Japan. Yoon analyzes that the almost phenomenal success of "Winter Sonata" in Japan is because the story reminds Japanese viewers of something universal and time-transcending -- pure love and self-sacrifice -- which had become old virtues in Japanese television drama making.

The power of the storytelling outliving star power was proved when "Winter Sonata" was staged as musical drama in Sapporo, Japan, two years ago. There -- even without "Yonsama" or "Jiwoohime" in the cast -- the musical version of the soap opera still had a magic hold on its Japanese fans, making audiences weep with its story of unfaltering love.

In fact, the true star of the evening was Yoon, who also attended the performance as the artistic director for the musical version. At the end of the show many Japanese fans recognized him and surrounded him to get his autograph.

While television dramas mean much for him, he also has a good reason to carry on with the musical drama as well, despite his busy schedule.

"I thought it is worth trying to expand the realm of a cultural content," the producer said. "A performing arts work like a musical drama often outlives television series, and the good thing is it can always be revised, performance after performance," he added.

At the invitation of the Japanese entertainment giant Amuse Entertainment, the musical made its way to Tokyo and Osaka in the autumn of 2006 for what Yoon thinks is the true premiere of the musical. "Many plans are currently in my mind though not many of them are finalized. We may remake it with Japanese actors to perform in Japanese later, or we will bring it to Korea, targeting foreign tourists," he said.

The musical doesn't deviate much from the TV drama in story, with only minor changes in its plot. Different from the television series where Jun-sang (Bae Yong-jun), Eu-jin (Choi Ji-woo), Sang-hyuk (Park Yong-ha) and Chae-rin (Park Sol-mi) are all school friends, the musical version made Chae-rin a stranger to Eu-jin to good dramatic effect.

"They say 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,' but I've come up with many new ideas about musical dramas while working on the musical," Yoon said. "Making new musical dramas out of my past television dramas is one of them."

In May last year, Yoon's Color, his production company located near Hongik University in Seoul, opened a Korean television drama theme park called "Four Seasons House" at its office building, which includes memorabilia from Yoon's hit soap operas including the "Four Season Series." In less than a year's time, the place has become a must visit for fans of Korean television dramas.

"I always try to bring a warm humanity to my works, and I believe this is what made 'Winter Sonata' popular in Japan. Though television dramas here are becoming more and more sophisticated and commercial in a sense, at the same time, I'd like to remain on track to create the best out of my own series," said the producer.

By Lee Yong-sung (danlee@heraldm.com)

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

Guest kdramafanusa

<<This survey's conducted during Spring Waltz's broadcast in Korea>>

"Four Seasons Series" Best Couple

Poll: MAXMP3

Period: 2006.03.24 ~ 2006.03.31

Participants: 3,050

1. Song Seung-heon & Song Hye-kyo (Autumn In My Heart) - 43%

[2000.09.18 ~ 2000.11.07]

2. Bae Yong-joon & Choi Ji-woo (Winter Sonata) - 22%

[2002.01.14 ~ 2002.03.19]

3. Seo Do-young & Han Hyo-joo (Spring Waltz)

[2006.03.06 to 2006.05.16]

4. Song Seung-heon & Son Ye-jin (Summer Scent) - 15%

[2003.07.07 ~ 2003.09.09]

505406753872279474.jpg

Source: Starnews/Chosun

Reposting from trulyjiwoo/thanks rosie for sharing

VODS PACHINKO WINTER SONATA 2 2008 COMING SOON.......

Youtube link to view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLY8FK22U8&rel=1

Thanks Lu for posting the cute animated pictures of the WS couple. :D

March 18, 2008

[THE HIGH TIDE OF THE KOREAN WAVE(24)]

Producer believes in power of good storytelling

Thanks Rubie for posting the article in this thread - indeed a very interesting piece of news. :D

<<This survey's conducted during Spring Waltz's broadcast in Korea>>

"Four Seasons Series" Best Couple

Poll: MAXMP3

Period: 2006.03.24 ~ 2006.03.31

Participants: 3,050

1. Song Seung-heon & Song Hye-kyo (Autumn In My Heart) - 43%

[2000.09.18 ~ 2000.11.07]

2. Bae Yong-joon & Choi Ji-woo (Winter Sonata) - 22%

[2002.01.14 ~ 2002.03.19]

3. Seo Do-young & Han Hyo-joo (Spring Waltz)

[2006.03.06 to 2006.05.16]

4. Song Seung-heon & Son Ye-jin (Summer Scent) - 15%

[2003.07.07 ~ 2003.09.09]

http://file.chosunonline.com//article/2006...53872279474.jpg

Source: Starnews/Chosun

Aigooo....I didn't expect the AIMH couple beat the popular couple from WS. Thanks Kdramafanusa.

Err.....how come there's no percentage for the couple from Spring Waltz?

Guest kdramafanusa

Aigooo....I didn't expect the AIMH couple beat the popular couple from WS. Thanks Kdramafanusa.

Err.....how come there's no percentage for the couple from Spring Waltz?

The article didn't list the percentage for Spring Waltz, I will search other online news to see if they have the number for it when I have a chance. I expect AIMH couple to top WS couple since this poll's conducted in Korea where AIMH has the highest viewer ratings of the 4 shows. In terms of number of viewers who tuned in during its broadcast, AIMH comes first (rating exceeded 40%). It's followed by WS (#2), Summer Scent (#3), and Spring Waltz (#4).

I believe that AIMH is more popular/successful than WS in Korea. Most of the polls we have seen are from Japan where Winter Sonota wins for sure.

Guest bluenitesky

AIMH comes first (rating exceeded 40%). It's followed by WS (#2), Summer Scent (#3), and Spring Waltz (#4).

Hmm maybe just because SW have new casts because i think it was better than Summer Scent. And i just want to say AIMH will alway come before WS for me because it was my truly first korena drama ever and it pretty much started the whole theme, cancer and incurable disease, therefore it gets 1st place in my heart <3

Guest kdramafanusa

"Winter Sonata" & "Summer Scent" writers Kim Eun-hee 김은희 and Yoon Eun-kyung 윤은경 are teaming up again for MBC's upcoming Monday/Tuesday drama "When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다" starring actress Kim Sun-ah 김선아 (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon) and actor Lee Dong-gun 이동건 (Lovers In Paris).

http://kr.ibtimes.com/article/news/20080321/4965066.htm

Guest kdramafanusa

K-TV SERIES RE-RELEASE (from BITWIN)

[04/08/2008] Autumn Tale Boxset - English Subtitled (TV Series, 6Disc)

- Song Hye-gyo, Song Seung-hun, Won Bin, Moon Geun-young

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=455

[04/11/2008] Winter Sonata Boxset - English Subtitled (TV Series, 6Disc+OST)

- Choi Ji-woo, Bae Yong-jun

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=356

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

"Winter Sonata" & "Summer Scent" writers Kim Eun-hee 김은희 and Yoon Eun-kyung 윤은경 are teaming up again for MBC's upcoming Monday/Tuesday drama "When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다" starring actress Kim Sun-ah 김선아 (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon) and actor Lee Dong-gun 이동건 (Lovers In Paris).

When It's At Night thread on Soompi

According to MyDaily article, PD Yoon Suk-ho is also part of the team.

Mydaily 2008-04-13 16:08:41

http://devnewsimg.mydaily.co.kr/2008/04/13...557171114_1.jpg

^ Lee Dong-gun & Kim Sun-ah's drama to begin shooting at end of April.

Lee Dong-gun and Kim Sun-ah's new MBC drama "When It's At Night" (script by Kim Eun-hee & Yoon Eun-kyung; directed by Yoon Suk-ho & Son Hyung-suk), replacing "Yi San" on June 16th, is ready for shooting by the end of this month.

Script revision is recently done/completed. The production team has started preparing outdoor filming in Japan on the 14th. They will shoot scenes in Japan in mid-May.

Filming will start during the 4th week of this month. This will be Lee Dong-gun's 1st activity since his brother's death and Kim Sun-ah's return to television since 2005 MBC drama "My Name Is Kim Sam-soon" from 3 years ago.

"When It's At Night" is directed by PD Yoon Suk-ho ("Summer Scent" "Winter Sonata" season series) and PD Son Hyung-suk ("Auction House"). It's written by Kim Eun-hee and Yoon Eun-kyung who are the team behind KBS 2TV dramas "Sweet 18", "Snow Queen", "Summer Scent", "Winter Sonata".

• 1 month later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 05-30-2008 20:21

Bae, Choi to Voice 'Winter Sonata' Cartoon

080530_p16_bae.jpg

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

Actors Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo, who gave flight to hallyu or the Korean wave with the TV series "Winter Sonata,'' will team up again to play the voices for the animation version of the love story. They will record the voiceovers in Korean, which will be translated into Japanese subtitles.

December last year, Korea's Key East and Japan's Total Promotion signed an Memorandum of Understanding for a joint project to make an animated version of "Winter Sonata.'' Bae had publicized plans to voice the part of his character Jun-sang at the Tokyo International Animation Fair in February, and Choi decided to join the team as well, Choi's management agency Olive9 announced Thursday.

"Choi Ji-woo decided to participate in the animation project as a token of appreciation for her fans, and hopes to rekindle the emotions of the original drama,'' said a representative of Olive9.

After airing here on KBS2 in 2002, the drama "Winter Sonata'' became explosively popular in Japan, where fans affectionately dubbed the lead actors "Yonsama'' and "Jiwoohime'' respectively. In 2005, a musical version starring popular crossover tenor Im Tae-kyung drew crowds in both countries. Even now, the shooting sites around Korea ― like Yongpyong Ski Resort and Nami Island, continue to draw tourists.

There will be two versions of the animated "Winter Sonata,'' a TV series and feature film. While retaining the essence of the original TV soap, it will be crafted like a family animation to reach out to a wider audience, particularly children.

The animation is currently under production and the voices are yet to be dubbed by Bae and Choi. It is slated for release toward the end of the year, and will be distributed internationally.

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

• 6 months later...

November 28, 2008

Korean TV experience hall - Four Seasons House

200811280010.jpg

"Summer Scent" room at "Four Seasons House"

Visit the TV drama exhibition hall "Four Seasons House," all about the "Four Seasons" TV drama series.

"Four Seasons House" is the place that displays various drama props and sets used in famous scenes, as well as photos of filming locations.

The "Four Seasons" TV drama series, directed by Yun Seok-ho, are: "Spring Waltz," "Summer Scent," "Autumn in My Heart" and "Winter Sonata."

Various drama sets, including Seo Do-yeong's room ("Spring Waltz") and the spot where Min-wu proposed to Hye-won ("Summer Scent") are preserved as they were when they were filmed. Also, the clothing Bae Yong-jun and Choi Ji-woo wore in the drama and various drama props are on display.

Four Seasons House holds various special events, including concerts featuring the scores of the dramas with snacks on every fourth Saturday, which provide long lasting memories for foreign tourists and Korean fans.

Four Seasons House is open everyday except holidays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. For more detailed information, call Four Seasons House at 02-3141-9027 or visit http://www.yoonscolor.com.

Source: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

• 2 weeks later...

‘가을동화’ 윤석호 PD, 13세 연하 한복연구가와 내년 결혼

일간스포츠 기사전송 2008-12-12 09:33

pho_200812120928440201000002010400-001.jpg

[JES 이동현] '겨울연가' '가을동화' 등 한류 히트작을 연출한 윤석호 PD(51)가 마침내 노총각에서 탈출한다.

윤석호 PD는 2009년 1월 11일 서울 논현2동 성당에서 13세 연하 한복연구가 한혜수 씨(38)와 화촉을 밝힌다. 적지 않은 나이의 결혼이지만 두 사람 모두 초혼이다.

윤석호 PD-한혜수 씨 커플은 지난 2007년 가을 지인의 소개로 만나 사랑을 나눠오다가 지난 10월 윤 PD의 프러포즈로 결혼에 이르게 됐다. 윤 PD는 독실한 천주교도인 한씨의 뜻에 따라 성당에서 결혼식을 올리기로 하는 등 예비 신부에 대한 배려를 보여줬다.

윤석호 PD의 측근은 "윤석호 PD는 '어린 왕자' 같은 섬세한 감수성을 지닌 분이다. 예비 신부 한혜수 씨는 윤 PD를 따뜻하게 포용할 수 있는 넉넉한 성품을 지녔다. 고전적이면서도 세련된 미모를 지녔다. 섬세하고 아름다운 영상미를 추구하는 연출자와 한국 전통의 미를 연구하는 한복연구가의 만남으로 더없이 잘 어울리는 커플이다"라고 전했다.

윤석호 PD가 결혼 이후엔 어떤 작품을 선보일 지도 관심사다. 윤 PD는 그동안 순수한 사랑을 아름다운 영상미와 함께 표현하는 연출가로 한국은 물론 아시아 전역에서 명성이 높았다.

윤 PD의 측근은 "결혼 이후 1년 정도 작품 활동을 중단하고 신혼 생활을 즐길 예정으로 알고 있다. 늦은 결혼이니 만큼 신혼의 기쁨을 오래 즐기려는 생각을 갖고 있다. 2010년 상반기에 드라마를 선보일 예정인데, 어떤 작품이 될 지는 많은 사람들이 궁금해 하고 있다"고 전했다.

윤석호 PD는 지난 2006년까지 일본에서 뮤지컬 '겨울연가' 공연을 선보여 큰 성공을 거뒀다. 현재 뮤지컬 '겨울연가' 한국 공연 준비에 한창인 상태다.

한편 윤 PD의 결혼식엔 특급 한류 스타들이 대거 참석할 것으로 기대된다. '겨울연가'의 배용준·최지우, '가을동화'의 송승헌·원빈·송혜교, '여름향기'의 손예진, '초대'의 이영애, '내일은 사랑'의 이병헌 등 당대 최고의 한류 스타들이 윤석호 PD를 거쳐 톱스타가 된 만큼 결혼식 하객은 역대 최고로 화려할 전망이다.

Source: 이동현 기자 [kulkuri7@joongang.co.kr]

news.empas.com

Who knows Undoubtly.. all the Season dramas' famous Hallyu stars would attend the wedding.. particularly BYJ, CJW, SSH, SHK, WB, SYJ, etc.

There's a mention of Lee Young Ae and Lee Byung Hun (he was in PD Yoon's earliest drama series "Tomorrow Love" back in '92).. too. Perhaps, they're in the guest list as well.. that will be awesome and something to look forward to, in January.

Partly.. online translation-gist

PD Yoon of the Korean Wave stars gyeolhonsiken express a large number are expected to attend. 'Winter Sonata' Bae Yong Joon Choi Ji Woo's, 'Autumn in My Heart's Song Seung Hun Won Bin songhyegyo,' Summer Scent 'of Son Ye-jin, the invitation of the Lee Young-ae,' Tomorrow, the love of the South Korean star Lee Byung-Hun, and the best of the day after Yoon Suk Ho PD topseuta As is the wedding guests to the best hwaryeohal said.

thanks huangsy and rubie for the above news. i've been reading this news since yesterday and been looking for an english translation. i hope it's not one of those private weddings since i'm certain many are already hoping to see their favorite stars to be in this wedding.

Archived