Wish

Guest soominie

Guest soominie

by CLAMPI'm REALLY surprised there hasn't been a thread made about Wish! ;O (manga)
CLAMPfull719630.jpg~original
Title: Wish

Mangaka: CLAMP

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Description: One night, a man named Shuichiro Kudo comes across a tiny angel trapped on a tree branch. He frees her, and in return she offers to grant him a wish. However, Shuichiro is a successful doctor, with a home and everything he needed; he declined the angel's offer. The persistant angel, named Kohaku, refused to give up, stating that 'some wishes cannot be fufilled by oneself'. After settling in at Shuichiro's home, Kohaku reveals her mission to track down the Angel Master of Wind, Hisui, who has abandoned heaven. That is, if her devil rival and his two catty servants would let her leave long enough to do so...

Volumes: 4 (Complete) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1476Published by: TokyopopAnime Episodes: 1 film
Wishfull1352001.jpg~original

Wishfull1351994.jpg~original

Wishfull850031.jpg~original

Guest xingjing

^ LOL. Full of fluff, but I liked it in the end. It's sweet. I own all of the volumes! BWAHAHAHAHA. xD

Guest Amethist

I read part one like..hmmm 4-5 years ago XD?! Anyway I remember liking it..But oh I never bought the other parts cause I kinda forgot about that manga O_o;.. Stupid me =_=;..

In the actual version *since Tokyopop changed the gender of Kohaku* Kohaku is actually a guy ._.

Say what O_o;?!

Damn I sooo hate it when english publishers go change things in manga >_<;..

Shocking isn't it? Yes, it's basically a fluffy shounen-ai story, but Tokyopop changed the gender of Kohaku. In the original CLAMP version Kohaku's a guy. I guess they didn't want to give young readers the impression of boyxboy love.

Pity.

Guest Atmosphere.

Wow really? They never made a thread for this? haha cool^^;;

I really loved this manga. My honey, Sammy introduced me to this manga^^;;

It was a very cute manga. But very sad in the ending even though it was a happy ending.

But I didn't expected the ending to be like that so I was pretty disappointed.

But my boyfriend really liked it.

She's soooooo cute^^;; The little angel.

And yeah it's a very short manga^^;; Only Volume 4^^;;

I wish it was longer cause it was so good T__________________T;;

I have to give this 4.9/5 ^^;;

editted at 4:57PM

THE HELL KOHAKU WAS A GUY IN JAPAN MANGA ONE?!?!?! ew wthell!!

boy loving boy .... whats wrong with japan -_-

^Now think about it, if you knew that BEFORE hand would you even pick up the book and read it? I know people don't like the whole boy x boy deal in manga books, but there are stories that are good and others that try too hard to be good at all. Even if most of those types of stories don't have to be all provocative and without plot, yet reading WISH you still enjoyed it.

I wonder how people will react when reading the book now.

Guest sweetechocolat

It was a very cute manga. But very sad in the ending even though it was a happy ending.

It's because Japan is made up of mostly Shinto (I think that was the name... :mellow:)

and Buddhism, they really have nothing for fear about for boyxboy stuff.

So it's not much of a "BIG" deal. Heck, I think most of the readers are my age. (12/13/14)

I thought it was cute... but

ISN'T KOHAKU A NO-GENDER? :ph34r:

I thought he was neither so I didn't think of much. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Guest snaeha_dalis13

In the actual version *since Tokyopop changed the gender of Kohaku* Kohaku is actually a guy ._.

Yeah what sweetachocolat said, the angels are genderless. Even though they refer to her as a girl, she or "it" is neither. I think it's mentioned somewhere in the story.

Anyway, I read this a while ago. I liked the relationship between the angel and the demon. I don't remember their names.

It was a cute story with a sweet ending. Not one of CLAMP's best but it was still good.

Guest pikapika

hm the genderless thing doesnt make much sense though because kohaku was the ONLY one who was unisex

all the other angel/demons were pretty gender fixed

but i loved the story and it was adorable but like people said a lot of fluff

and i sooo did not get his mom being a tree or whatever

Guest kuroikitsu

But it's a very cute manga, though ^^ Anything by CLAMP is a must read.

I thought so! Just the way "she" was drawn (and the fact her name is Kohaku) was a hint. Thanks for confirming!

excuse me if i sound scarcastic but i assume you've never heard of yaoi?

Guest soominie

more replies than i thought! haha

yeahh i never read the original, cause i heard it was bad..?

i have no idea though. lol

i read the one by tokyopop.. heehee

I heard that they changed the gender of Kohuaku, but reaally--don't understand why....or whose idea it actually was. It's not like yaoi or shounen-ai/BL has never been seen here...(TokyoPop does print plenty of it.) I liked it too, including the Koryu. he was funny, besides. :P I would definitely have liked it if it was shounen-ai, too. It was just so short. >< And yes, I agree that anything CLAMP does is good--I just wish they'd finish their other series.

YAOI comes from Japan--it's been around a long time...and there has been man/boy love type things throughout history of Japan--so shounen ai stories aren't anything shocking in general. And of course there are other types of manga that are much more sexual than any normal/mainstream yaoi (and shounen-ai isn't shocking at all--unless you're unfamiliar with it--or have a problem with male x male relationships)...so who knows why it was changed.

I agree with pikapika, too--about the supposedly genderless angels--Koryu was obviously male--and there was really nothing that would make anyone say 'Kohaku is definitely male'-- she still looked like a girl--not a bishounen.

Archived