[variety] Show Survival - 쇼바이벌

Guest ix3DC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xRukiax

No Hotlinking!

I uploaded this specially for the EVAN International Forum but i might as well share it with you here...please do not ask for re-ups on other host coz megaupload is the only site where the files will not be deleted (after 3 months non-active it will)

MAY 26 2007

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1C6XOWXX

Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HKBBA9VZ

Part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L75Q4N41

JUNE 02 2007

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U4Y8LNKF

Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LDVL1HRO

Part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZAO4FG0

USE HJSPLIT TO JOIN FILES!

Guest evelyn168

I liked this week's episode because Evan finally gets to go onstage and my fav group won!!! Superkid shouldn't have choosen Nuna's Dream for their song... They just didn't make it fun enough and the vocals are really not that great... I loved V.O.S.'s perf the most because they really nailed Blue's One Love song... Evan should've chosen another song... I just liked how he walked off unaffected by the results...

i dont get this. is this really a big deal to these singers? don't they get to perform on stage through other shows and gain popularity? why do they get so emotional because they didn't get picked/ didn't win/ etc?? i don't understand what the purpose of this show is. someone please explain! :)

getting to stand on any stage with a large crowd and getting their name known to the public is a BIG DEAL to ALL singers. these people are newbies or just not well known singers. these people do NOT get the chance to perform on those other stages and gain popularity. they might get their songs recognized but they themselves do not get recognized. (one reason why VOS is coming out on the show)

i felt a bit hurt (dissed? but thats too strong a word) and angered by this comment b/c it truly shows people (maybe not all) have no idea how hard it is to become like DBSK or BoA. you need everything to be right, timing, luck, promotion, and management. these singers on this show dont all have that or might have some but not all. this show gives singers that do not have what DBSK or BoA has a chance to show people what they've got. even younha says all stages are important and are all chances for her to show people what she's got.

Thanks thanks!

I am almost done with Ep. 2 and love it

I mean every time they singers cy I cry and all emotions come out!

I mean it is all chance and luck for sure!

Jina

i agree. its makes me cry too when i watch all those singers tearing up. especially the ones who've just had the worst of luck since week 1.

episode 5 (i uploaded a link cuz i was so happy Tykeys was back <33)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2LBTE605

you get to hear the hardships these singers had to go thru (the ones who've had the worst luck; LPG, 8eight, and The Name. also both the MCs) LPG, The Name, and Sweet Sorrow finally get to perform. Tykeys is back <333 AHHH!! (i think im the only one excited for them). Kara doesnt get through neither does YounHa. Super Kidd seems to be VERY lucky cuz they get to perform again.

im watching it right now so if i feel like writing up a longer reply, i'll be back.

just finished watching.

although tykeys got 5th place, at least they went up one from last time they came out (6th place then) i hope they keep improving and keep coming out on the show <33 i love their songs and they have such talent... just havent been able to perform the songs they choose very well

LPG had a fun stage, but i feel some audience did not like the whole 'sexy' concept lols. but i like their perf. and glad that they finally got the chance to perform.

The Name. his vocals had a similar feel to Brown Eyes so it sounded pretty nice. especially the climax =]

Sweet Sorrow. the song was indeed a bad choice. their Turtles rendition was <333 LOVED it. its the same song but they made it completely theirs.

Evan. nice ballad. nice vocals. the climax was all right faltered a bit, but overall he didnt stand out as much but he gave a good perf.

Choi JungMin =X worst perf. definitely. i want to see something different from him cuz hes getting boring now. so far i liked his Psy perf. the best. he didnt seem to enjoy the stage as much today.

i feel VOS shouldve gotten WAY more points. their performance was REALLY good. GREAT vocals and GREAT harmonizing. i feel people prefer more exciting songs therefore Super Kidd got 1st place (although i thoroughly enjoyed them this time too) and Sweet Sorrow got a bit more than VOS b/c they did Turtles' Airplane song during the time when they went around collecting votes. VOS has continued to be the strongest performers but it all depends on the audience i guess. but WOW Super Kidd got almost ALL the votes from the audience. thats AMAZING. i hope VOS can reclaim their title next week (gosh this competition is completely a Super Kidd vs. VOS one but i think both have shown themselves to be the strongest so its not their fault lols)

btw i LOVE Super Kidd. they all have such fun personalities and not scared to show who they are. Pajama Jingo is sensitive and sweet. HuhChek talks so fast its like alfdkjadlkfjadslkfjdfjdlkfjd;; lols but hes so funny. Drummer (his name just slipped my mind) is so cute haha so jumpy too Bass played (i think it's bass) i love his little whistle (or w/e it was) solo and hes quite funny too hehe. guitar guy hes not as loud spoken or stands out as much as the others but hes all a fun person. i LOVE their nerve relieving antics and when VOS followed them omgsh so funny <33

i love how all the competitors seem to be quite close with one another and support one another.

Guest banana_milk

I watched the first episode today, and I do like the concept that this show is going for, and I love how it gives a chance to underground and unknown bands.... BUT, it's flawed.

Some of the "challenges" are downright stupid. Like, what the hell was with that thing where they all go into those booths and sing a Jo Yong Pil song? That challenge was based on chance, not talent! It wasn't fair. At least some of the other ones were remotely based on pop music knowledge or music theory.

Also, what's with the judges?? Some of them don't even have the right to judge! I LOVE Lee Yoon Suk, but he's a freaking COMEDIEN. How can he judge singing/performance/dance?

I don't know, it must be that MBC isn't investing money into this and their production values must be low or something, but I really think this would be a great show if they could step it up a little.

i comepletely 100% agree

i mean ppl. just do not understand how long of TIME, money and sacrafice ppl. make for their dreams to come true

in this case, especially singers

the one's who make it big in the industry, in my opinion, have done so much hard work and suffered just to get where they are today...

i mean the huge fan amount and appearences is because the person or group appeals to the audience and has the talent. for example, if you take TVXQ, all 5 have worked super hard to be where they are today, but ppl. are just like oh those korean guys who think they are good looking and can't sing..

i mean it just DRIVES ME NUTS!

just because someone has a pretty face doens't mean that they are the best at acting, singing or w/e

ALSO, the singers who are under rated or have been waiting to debut, like on the show 10 years to the first debut of the group on Show Survival is a HUGE deal and a HUGE light at the end of the tunnel for these singers/groups. dedication and the strive to wanting amazes me the most for sure...

[sorry for the rant]

also yes, bad luck since week 1 is the one that hurts the most for me too!

you are NOT the only who loves tykeys!

I just saw their MV and fell in love with the song b/c of the harmonizing and the soft rap which was not over powered!

i need to catch up now!

gahh!

jina

gosh im happy to see people that are aware of such things =]]

we, as fans, do not see the behind-the-scenes as much nor do we really grasp how much all these singers actually put to give us these performances. successful artists are success b/c they've worked their butts off for it and have just had the right timing and luck. (i keep repeating myself) using your example: TVXQ can sing. not all of them are the best singers, but they CAN sing. please dont tell me they cant sing b/c if you've heard junsu sing Beautiful Thing LIVE. its =OOOO

hehe yay tykeys lover <33 they need more attention and glad to see they're improving.

I watched the first episode today, and I do like the concept that this show is going for, and I love how it gives a chance to underground and unknown bands.... BUT, it's flawed.

Some of the "challenges" are downright stupid. Like, what the hell was with that thing where they all go into those booths and sing a Jo Yong Pil song? That challenge was based on chance, not talent! It wasn't fair. At least some of the other ones were remotely based on pop music knowledge or music theory.

Also, what's with the judges?? Some of them don't even have the right to judge! I LOVE Lee Yoon Suk, but he's a freaking COMEDIEN. How can he judge singing/performance/dance?

I don't know, it must be that MBC isn't investing money into this and their production values must be low or something, but I really think this would be a great show if they could step it up a little.

actually i dont think its "stupid" they're playing around with the concept of luck in my opinion. it shows that success means talent as well as luck. it sucks to see your favorite singers or singers you like get booted off b/c they dont have luck. but it adds more excitement.

each judge has a specific part of the performance that they judge. i think lee yoon suk if i remember correctly from week 1 judges on the way the artist is able to excite and draw the crowd in and overall stage presence. i dont think you need much musical background to judge how well a person draws people into their singing or to see if they had an attractive performance or not. usually all you need are a good pair of ears (to hear the audience or eyes to watch the audience) and eyes to look at the overall stage. (i could be completely wrong since i dont really remember but just know he doesnt judge anything music-related)

i doubt much money is going into it since its probably not as popular, but i think its all right as it is. each artist has to bring their own to their performances and show how well they can present themselves without the help of a broadcasting station.

caps above: ahh those scenes made me cry. all of them (including MCs) had such touching stories about what they went through and what they are going through. i love the fact that the MCs and the participants are close with one another.

Guest alexakim

This show reminds me my experience about VOS.

Really, they're not popular >.<

In the first episode, when they sang "Nuneul Bogo Marhaeyo",

The audience were like "Ahhh.. thats them~"

*sigh* They're not as well-known as the song.

I remember when I was in Korea three years ago.

In some places some Korean people asked me why I came to Korea.

I said I want to meet VOS. They were like "???"

I needed some time to explain who VOS is. They still had no clue.

When I mentioned the song "Nuneul Bogo Marhaeyo",

They suddenly "Ahhhh.. I see.. Yes I know the song." :wacko:

Really made me :crazy:

Guest Bastard2002

Adding translations to yeohwping's captures for the show. The translations will be left to right starting with the top left most box.

1. Young - Ja (lady pictured), who failed the gagman test (comedian) test 8 times. (In Korea to get accepted to perform as a comedian at one of the major studios (KBS,MBC,SBS), you must pass a talent contest/test. If you pass you enter as a trainee comedian/gag man.

2. While the students around her at her school, seniors and lower classmates, realize their dreams.

3. Suddenly the last one left alone, Young Ja

4. Definitely, I'm gonna go for a 2nd or 3rd time, I will not give up

5. The 8th time I failed it was MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation)

6. Because I had no money, I walked Won Hae Da Gyo (name of a street I guess), Living in Nam Young Do

7. Because I didn't even have car fare of 100 won (approximately 10 cents) I was walking. I felt like I wanted to die

8. Young Ja, who lost even her hopes and dreams

9. In the winter couldn't afford to light coal for the coal powered broiler. (coal powered boilers are used in Korea to warm water in some homes)

10. Even without having anything, failing eight times

11. During that time, Young Ja who could not receive the help of anyone.

12. And everyone told Young Ja that it was impossible

13. I cant throw myself away (I cant give up on myself)

14. At Seoul station, there are lots of met chi han ( dont know what this means sorry)

15. I was being discharged from the army

16. I went down to my hometown and there was no one at home in my house

17. There was a different people living there

18. Because of bankruptcy, the pain of my family's poverty

19. Not knowing anyone and at Seoul station

20. For a week living a homeless lifestyle

21. Even there, there are rules. Each spot (area) had an owner. (good places to sleep in the station had owners already)

22. I could not sleep anywhere I wanted

23. Because he had no place to lay down, catnapping standing up, Jun Ho

24 After living homeless for 4 days, barely able to sleep laying down.

25. Enduring while eating and sleeping in a newspaper kisok

26. Last father's day, Baek Jan who visited his mother in his hometown

27. Baek Jan's mother who worked ((her whole life?) at a chicken shop

28. Also, Young Ja's face is awash with tears

29. Wanting to provide for his suffering mother

30 An egg, if someone else breaks it for you only becomes a fried egg

31. But if you break out of an egg by yourself, you are a chick that will become a chicken (guessing its a self reliance proverb)

32. Truly, a too cool loving mother.

Guest rain_drops

im in love with this show. just a little disappointed that they changed the rules to dropping the person/group with the lowest points -__-; but i guess its to give other people a higher chance to get on the stage...since ei8ht or 8eight or however their group is spelled was not able to make it 5 weeks in a row -_- i guess it was sweet of them to vote and get them on the stage this week though. im curious as to who voted no hahaha since it was one person.

im in love with this show. just a little disappointed that they changed the rules to dropping the person/group with the lowest points -__-; but i guess its to give other people a higher chance to get on the stage...since ei8ht or 8eight or however their group is spelled was not able to make it 5 weeks in a row -_- i guess it was sweet of them to vote and get them on the stage this week though. im curious as to who voted no hahaha since it was one person.

im curious too and im assuming that person really believed the rules or maybe they just felt since it was quite obvious (well to me anyways) that 8eight would go on, the person felt like "let's try being the odd one out." and maybe thats why they put an X? anyways 8eight seemed a bit nervous but they did well =]] i wonder when they'll release an album.

i think dropping the person with the lowest points gives others an opportunity to get a chance. as in they could always bring in more and more newbies instead of having the same ones every week. anyways once VOS was gone the competition truthfully did not seem very fierce =X VOS and Super Kidd still rule the stage for me (but Sweet Sorrow is really good too <3_)

Guest rain_drops

same here. vos and super kidd for now.

my mom watches it only when sweet sorrow comes out haha

cause she loves them -__-;

Guest xRukiax

No Hotlinking!

I uploaded this specially for the EVAN International Forum but i might as well share it with you here...please do not ask for re-ups on other host coz megaupload is the only site where the files will not be deleted (after 3 months non-active it will)

June 16 2007

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W4H4TOS7

Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VOM159I0

Part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RBHTCOMG

JUNE 23 2007

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GT3CC40

Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JRHV4E5E

Part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UAQD7KWD

• 2 weeks later...

Archived