New variety on MBC

First air date: 5.26.2007

Airs on Saturdays at 5:40 (Korean time)]

2007052118130521001bk6.jpg

MC's: Lee Young Ja and Han Joon Ho

Since this program is new, there is no other information about it

(Even their website is empty...)

But after watching the first episode, this is what I gathered:

The purpose of this show is to give rising singers (who have already debuted) a chance to gain recognition by passing a series of tests.

20 teams of rising singers (신인가수) are gathered. Each "team" is a solo or a group.

During the first round, 10 teams are picked at random to continue to the next round.

These 10 teams then load on the Show Survival bus heading toward a certain destination.

On the way several stops are made for the singers to eat, go to the restroom, etc.

However, to get back onto the bus, the singers must pass musical tests.

In each round one team is sent back home until one team is left.

I'm still unsure of what the winning team receives (I haven't finished watching the show)

Sorry for the vague description.

I thought it was just any other variety, but the singers actually really want to win this.

It's cute because all the singers' managers and coordis are there to support them, holding signs and cheering... but its also sad when they get sent home crying :(

I'll update when I get more info!

Contestants

*Italicized names are those sent home in the first round.

Episode 1:

Wolf, KARA, D.CAPRIO, Tachyon, Super Kid, Lim Chang Gyu, Gyun Woo, Beige, Tia, VOS, Choi Jung Min, Sei, LPG, Sweet Solo, 8eight, EVAN, The Name, Sung Yoo Bin, Hye Ryoung, Dog Table(??)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flyfany89

this show sounds interesting

i think its a great show for the new singers

i went to naver to search more about this show

and i clicked on some blog

the owner of the blog ripped Super Kid's performance but its only in audio

and its pretty good ..i'm amzed

i can't wait to watch it

Guest htruc

MBC SHOWVIVAL

Official Website

Saturdays @ 5:40PM Korean Time

Navigation:

(i) Hosts

(ii) Summary

(iii) Clubbox Links

(iv) Watch It On YouTube

(v) Joining Software

(vi) Episode List & Downloads

HOSTS

• MC's: Lee Young Ja & Han Joon Ho
  • Judges: Young Hee Eun, Jang Wan Kwan, Kim Jong Seo

SUMMARY

This is a new show where a bunch of 신인 (new) artists come out and [kind of] compete for a chance to perform at a mini-concert. Then the audience vote for their favourite artist, he/she/they are crowned as "Singing King" and are automatically performing next week. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

CLUBBOX LINKS

WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE

JOINING SOFTWARE Credits: silverwingz | Heather

• Winrar
    1. Download all parts and save them in one folder/location.
    2. Double click one of the files and select "Extract to".
    3. Select the location you want to save it in and click "OK".

• HJSplit
    1. Download all parts and save them in one folder/location.
    2. Open HJSplit and select "Join".
    3. Click "Input File".
    4. Locate the first part of the split file (has the extension .001) and click "Open".
    5. Click on "Start" and the program will join the files in the same folder the split files are located.

EPISODE LIST

*All files are LQ (low quality) unless noted.

Episode 1

Contestants:

WHITE: Wolf, KARA, D.Caprio, Tachyon, Super Kidd, Lim Chang Gyu, Kyun Woo, Beige, V.O.S, Tia

BLACK: Choi Jung Min, Sei, LPG, Sweet Sorrow, 8eight, Evan, The Name, Seong Yu Bin, Hye Ryoung, Dog Table

Summary: Each "team" is a solo or a group. During the first round, 10 teams are picked at random to continue to the next round. These 10 teams then load on the Show Survival bus heading toward a certain destination. On the way, several stops are made for the singers to eat, go to the restroom, etc. However, to get back onto the bus, the singers must pass musical tests. Before getting to the final stage, they have to eliminate more people. So they will play a game where the artists have to guess which note the MC is playing. If they don't guess correctly, then they go home. The artists who get knocked out from episode 1 will get to perform again on episode 2. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

Performances: KARA, D.Caprio, Super Kidd, Kyun Woo, Beige , V.O.S, Tia

070526:

HQ: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 [Join with HJSplit] (xRukiax)

Episode 2

Contestants:

WHITE: Wolf, Super Kidd, Lim Chang Gyu, Tia, Sei, Tachyon, Seong Yu Bin, D.Caprio, Choi Jung Min, Tykeys

BLACK: LPG, Sweet Sorrow, Dog Table, The Name, KARA, 8eight, Kyun Woo, Beige, Hye Ryoung, Evan

Summary: Before getting to the final stage, they have to eliminate more people. So they will play a game where the artists have to guess which note the MC is playing. If they don't guess correctly, then they go home. The artists who get knocked out from episode 1 will get to perform again on episode 2. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

Performances: Wolf, Sei, Choi Jung Min

Winner:

Super Kidd

070602:

Episode 3

Contestants: V.O.S, Super Kidd

Summary: -

Performances: Super Kidd, Tachyon, D.Caprio, Seong Yu Bin, Tykeys

070609:

Episode 4

Contestants:

WHITE: V.O.S, D.Caprio, Sei, Evan, Wolf, Choi Jung Min, KARA, Cats, Hye Ryoung

BLACK: LPG, Tachyon, Younha, 8eight, The Name, Dog Table, Tia, Kyun Woo, Seong Yu Bin

Performances: Super Kidd, Tachyon, D.Caprio, Seong Yu Bin, Tykeys

070616:

Episode 5

Contestants:

WHITE: Super Kidd(슈퍼키드), LPG, The Name, Sweet Sorrow, Evan, Cats, Tykeys, Choi Jung Min, KARA, Wolf

BLACK: 8eight, Maximum Crew, Younha, Hye Ryoung, Tachyon, Tia, Sei, Sung Yu Bin, Kyun Woo, D.Caprio

Performances: Super Kidd, LPG, The Name, Sweet Sorrow, Evan, Tykeys, Choi Jung Min, V.O.S

070623:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2LBTE605 (sPark*)

Episode 6

Contestants: ?

Performances: 8eight, Sweet Sorrow, Cats, KARA, Wolf, Seong Yu Bin, LPG, Choi Jung Min, Tia

070630:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=68NF1G0E (sPark*)

Episode 7 ~ Summer Special Part 1

Contestants:

TEAM A: Beige, LPG, Lim Chang Gyu, Sweet Sorrow, Seong Yu Bin, Tachyon, Tia, V.O.S

TEAM B: Evan, Cats, 8eight, D.Caprio, Maximum Crew, Sei, Hye Ryoung, Super Kidd

Summary: A tournament style where 16 artists are divided into teams A and B, and the last artist left in each team go up against each other. The winner gets to perform 5 times on the music program, Show Music Core. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

Performances: Beige, LPG, Lim Chang Gyu, Sweet Sorrow, Seong Yu Bin, Tachyon, Tia, V.O.S (All 'A' team)

070707:

HQ: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFO6W3LP [MegaUpload Premium members] (saigon)

Episode 8 ~ Summer Special Part 2

Contestants:

TEAM A: Beige, LPG, Lim Chang Gyu, Sweet Sorrow, Seong Yu Bin, Tachyon, Tia, V.O.S

TEAM B: Evan, Cats, 8eight, D.Caprio, Maximum Crew, Sei, Hye Ryoung, Super Kidd

Summary: A tournament style where 16 artists are divided into teams A and B, and the last artist left in each team go up against each other. The winner gets to perform 5 times on the music program, Show Music Core. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

Performances: Evan, Cats, 8eight, D.Caprio, Maximum Crew, Sei, Hye Ryoung, Super Kidd (All 'B' team)

070714:

Episode 9 ~ Quarter Rounds A

Contestants: Beige, Seong Yu Bin, Sweet Sorrow, V.O.S

Summary: Beige vs. Sweet Sorrow; Seong Yu Bin vs. V.O.S

Winner:

Beige and Seong Yu Bin

070721:

Episode 10 ~ Quarter Rounds B

Contestants: 8eight, Evan, Maximum Crew, Super Kidd

Summary: Evan vs. 8eight; Maximum Crew vs. Super Kidd

Winner:

8eight and Maximum Crew

070728:

Episode 11 ~ Semi-Finals

Contestants: 8eight, Beige, Maximum Crew; Seong Yu Bin

Summary: 8eight vs. Maximum Crew; Seong Yu Bin vs. Beige

Winner:

8eight and Beige

070811:

Episode 12 & 13 ~ Death Match

Contestants:

1ST "SEASON": Super Kidd, Maximum Crew, Sweet Sorrow, Seong Yu Bin, Sei, Beige, Tachyon

2ND "SEASON": Now, Ready'O, Poppin' Hyun Joon, Swan, Storm, Copy Machine, Jung Il Young

Summary: They go on an MT, and the MCs sing. Then there is a "death match" with the next round of singers. The death match has 7 teams vs. 7 teams. An artist from the 2nd generation chooses a singer from the 1st generation to compete. There are still 300 people voting, but 100 people (not included in the final voting) can press a button if they don't like the performance. And if more than 60 people press it, the performance ends.

070818:

070825:

Episode 14

Contestants:

TEAM A: Copy Machine, D.Caprio, Storm, Jung Il Young, Sei, Maximum Crew, Ready'O, Sweet Sorrow

Summary: In this round, the team with the most votes automatically makes it to the next round, and the last one is eliminated from the show. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

070901:

Episode 15 ~ Continuation of last week

Contestants:

TEAM B: Tachyon, Seong Yu Bin, Monster, Swan, Now, Super Kidd

Summary: In this round, the team with the most votes automatically makes it to the next round, and the team with the least is eliminated from the show. In this episode you will also see V.O.S's 2.5th album showcase, Sweet Sorrow from the Team A performs, as well as some from the Team B. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

070908:

Episode 16~ Continuation of last week

TEAM B: Tachyon, Seong Yu Bin, Monster, Swan, Now, Super Kidd

Summary: In this round, the team with the most votes automatically makes it to the next round, and the team with the least is eliminated from the show. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

070915:

Episode 17

Contestants: Monster, Jung Il Young, Now, Sei, Maximum Crew, Poppin' Hyun Joon

Summary: There are some changes to the format (again). Now, in addition to the 300 people that vote, they'll count votes from viewers who can vote through ARS, which will be worth 100 points. And out of the 12 teams that are left (since 2 teams left last week, Beige & Sweet Sorrow are automatically through), the bottom 4 will also be eliminated. And the prize for the final winner will be 5 consecutive appearances on Music Core, as well as a music-related wish of the winner will come true (for example, a mini-concert). (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

070923:

Episode 18

Contestants: Seong Yu Bin, Swan, Ready'O', Tachyon, Copy Machine, Super Kidd

Summary: The rankings are final yet. They still have to include the ARS votes from the viewers. (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

070930:

Episode 19 ~ Fall "Legend" Special

Contestants: Park Nam Jung & Maximum Crew, Kim Jong Suh & Seong Yu Bin, Park Mi Kyung & Beige, Kim Hyun Chul & Sweet Sorrow, Seol Woon Do & Super Kidd, Yang Hee Eun & 8eight, In Sooni & V.O.S.

Summary: There's a special stage where the sunbae (senior) singers perform with the Showvival singers. Each team can get a maximum of 100 points, and each point they get will equal one lunchbox for needy children. If in total, they get at least 650 points, they'll deliver 1000 lunchboxes to some needy children (Credits: yonnie86@YouTube)

071007:

Episode 20

Contestants:

Summary:

071014:

Episode 21

Contestants:

Summary:

071020:

Guest evelyn168

I'm definitely watching... I want to see Evan.. But he's not new.. He's just gone solo... So is Im Chang Gyu... He's not new either... I want to see Beige on the show. I think she's a really talented new singer... My fav would be V.O.S.

Guest tim123

thanks for sharing

but can you give us other link than Clubbox ??!

because i forgot how can we download by clubbox ^^"

thanks for answer

i'm still watching it and it seems pretty entertaining so far. it reminds me of american idol. however the roulette part felt way too long (it's a nice time stalling trick) and yes, the artist's name is Dog Table (도그테이블)

Guest evelyn168

In my opinion, this show sucks. The beginning was dumb, how can ppl be randomly eliminated without even showing their talents... After they reached the stadium, there's a second round of random elimination and I feel so sorry for that group/person because I think that this person/group deserves to be on stage after going through the tests.

I hope they reformat the show... I want to see all the artists on stage. I'm really mad right now because one of the singer/group I wanted to watch didn't even get through first round becuase of the dumb Russian roulette thing.

Guest flyfany89

I have not heard of Super Kidd but love VOS too!

I see both of them crying so can't wait to check this out!

Jina

Super Kidd is not a well known band

they are underground band

but i have to say they are talented

i became a fan of them after watching the first episode of Show Survival

i really liked Super Kidd's first perf. but the second one..it was good but i think i was expecting

more from them. I have to say that i really liked VOS's perf of the recent ep. They were so good!!

and wow Sung Yoo Bin ^^ he's good~

can't wait for Younha to rock the stage

Guest yeohweping

This show is really underated at the moment but it really have more drama than the dramas out right now.

What the host said in the begining is really true, to stay in the ent. business.. you need luck and skills. But 70% is luck and the remaining 30% is skills. So that's why half the teams are sent back after the wheel and the rest are kicked out after the tests (for not doing their homework of practising their hearing, music knowledge) and later another round of testing their luck before going on the stage which will be their final test on their skills.

The winners from the previous ep.will try to keep their no.1 spot from the 7 teams who pass all the tests in the final round which will be based on the votings.

i personally LOVE this show.

i look forward to it every week since it started.

it gives new faces a chance (or old faces that never really got a chance) to show their talents.

so far, there have been very good performances as well as very disappointing ones.

I actually typed up a huge reply last time i was in this thread, but my computer shut down randomly and i lost the reply =..= so i avoided this thread for some time lols.

anyways i kinda like the idea of having the roulette thing in the beginning. its sort of makes the show more interesting (thank god they cut the time down a bit for that part) by making the chance of being successful relate to having a bit of luck on your side. also not EVERYONE can become successful so it also helps new faces get a feel for what its like to NOT get what you want. but i do want some of these new faces that NEVER got to the stage to get there. hopefully luck will be on their side soon

also the games in between also is a way to show the way to the stage isnt all that easy (the only game i really like is the one where you have to guess the right note; a singer needs to know their scales)

so far, this show has mostly been a competition between VOS and Super Kidd, but i do feel they tend to have the strongest performances or the ones with the most long lasting impression. VOS with their harmonizing and vocals (also putting on powerful shows) and Super Kidd with their refreshing and new, also fun and enjoyable performances. hopefully another new face will be able to get a chance at being King since so far, there have been good performances but nobody has been able to (in my opinion) outperform those two. sooner or later, theres going to come a time when VOS and Super Kidd may feel a bit... overrated (although i despise the use of that word) maybe over... i dunno lols anyways hopefully they will also keep up with their great performances (but Super Kidd this week was a BIG disappointment)

i cant wait to see 8eight get to perform on stage one day.

also im a bit sad that lim changgyu and tykeys left because i like these two, but younha and cats came in =]

kara has so far been disappointing. their vocals just do not sound as great singing songs other than their own. sunghee completely disappeared from my radar (as in she no longer stands out)

d.caprio has been improving and props to them <3 this weeks performance was quite enjoyable (previous performances made me wince) lets hope they keep improving <3

evan's performance was very lacking in my opinion but this week's performers did not stand out to be as much as last week. (i liked last week's a lot) it was sweet of him to get a fan, but the fan's presence on stage was a bit awkward.

i would go on to write up my opinions on all the past performers from week 1, but im scared my computer might shut down haha.

Guest lil 1OO4

i dont get this. is this really a big deal to these singers? don't they get to perform on stage through other shows and gain popularity? why do they get so emotional because they didn't get picked/ didn't win/ etc?? i don't understand what the purpose of this show is. someone please explain! :)

Archived