Another food truck sent to the set of "The Silent Sea" from DC gong Yoo gallery 

Spoiler

Delicious Food :sweet:

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 tweets in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 2

Netflix Korea announced 13 titles that we have anticipated for so long. One of these titles is Squid Game in which Gong Yoo will portray a guest role. It will be directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk who helmed his hit action movie, The Silenced.

Squid Game

26114417-11-squidgame-unit-01_article_20
lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=46
lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=69

40 million dollars is at stake, and the only way to win it is to survive a mysterious game. The players have no choice but to risk their lives to win this hefty prize. This intriguing Netflix series is the first TV series of director Hwang Dong-hyuk, who has previously worked on Silenced, Miss Granny and The Fortress

• Like 3

• lkgy99 changed the title to Gong Yoo 공유 | ★ Upcoming Movies : SeoBok & Wonderland , Upcoming Drama : The Silent Sea ★

spacer.png

Gong Yoo, Bae Doona, And Lee Joon Suit Up For Space Adventure In Thriller “The Silent Sea” + Cast And Producer Jung Woo Sung Talk About Filming

On February 25, Netflix held an event titled “See What’s Next Korea” that included the team behind “The Silent Sea” talking about their upcoming project.

“The Silent Sea” is a sci-fi horror thriller that is set in the future, where desertification has left the earth with food and water shortages. A special team is tasked with retrieving mysterious samples from an abandoned research station on the moon. Actor Jung Woo Sung is producing the series, and the star-studded cast includes Gong Yoo, Bae Doona, and Lee Joon.

Bae Doona plays Dr. Song Ji Ahn, an astrobiologist who joins a team working to discover the secret behind an accident that took place at the research station. Gong Yoo takes the role of Han Yoon Jae, a team leader who takes on a critical mission of retrieving samples from the research station. Lee Joon plays the talented engineer Ryu Tae Seok.

The story is an expansion on the short film of the same name by director Choi Hang Yong, who helms the Netflix series, and the series is penned by Park Eun Gyo, who wrote the film “Mother.”

Jung Woo Sung, Bae Doona, Lee Joon, and Park Eun Gyo took part in the February 25 event, with Gong Yoo and Choi Hang Yong unable to attend due to schedule conflicts. Jung Woo Sung shared, “I happened to see the short film seven years ago. I loved the idea so I wanted to make a longer version, and I started to take on the challenge without fear. I’ve ended up producing it after coming together with this amazing cast.”

spacer.png

Writer Park Eun Gyo said, “We spent a long time preparing for this while thinking of it as a feature-length film at first, but the project’s universe and story have such expandability and it seemed a shame to limit that to a feature-length film too. When Netflix suggested that it be made into a series, I thought that we’d be able to fully tell the story.”

Bae Doona said, “Like Jung Woo Sung, I also saw the short film first and thought it was such a great subject. I was captivated by the story with its expandability, so I joined the cast.” She added, “The project has two ‘hidden cards,’ and I was really captivated by that.”

On the topic of the “hidden cards,” Bae Doona shared, “Other projects may have stories about teams who leave for space because there’s a lack of food and water, but ‘The Silent Sea’ has something that goes beyond that.”

spacer.png

Lee Joon shared, “I was very interested in space before this too. I did a lot of studying and searching, and when this project came in, I thought it was fascinating. Something that’s even more fascinating is that the story is about going to the moon to get a water sample, but there was recently news about how there’s water on the moon. It feels very realistic, so I’m honored to be taking part.”

spacer.png

Bae Doona also shared, “The space suits are really heavy. At first, they were such difficult costumes that it made me panic. So the actors helped each other, and we had a sense of comradeship. I’ve now become so used to it that the space suit feels as light as a feather.” She went on to say, “Since it’s a story set in space, everything on set’s been formed by the imagination, so we’re all filming with a sense of wonder.”

Jung Woo Sung said, “Everything is a new challenge. The biggest task has been to figure out what the lunar base should look like and to make it high quality. We’re working the hardest on the set. We’re trying zero-gravity and low-gravity filming for the first time. Everything is a new attempt.”

He shared that he hadn’t wanted the cast to feel awkward around him, and at first he found it difficult to say anything on set. “Now that time has passed, I think they act comfortably with me,” he said. “I’ve learned a lot as I stand completely off camera and watch them as a colleague, and so I feel grateful.”

Park Eun Gyo shared, “I hope that it’s a project that can meet everyone’s expectations.” Lee Joon commented, “Our team on ‘The Silent Sea’ is having so much fun filming, so I’m looking forward to the project being as much fun as the atmosphere on set is great.”

Bae Doona said, “Filming hasn’t completely wrapped up yet but we’ll keep working hard and having fun until the end and then present everyone with a series that you can enjoy.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456510wpp/gong-yoo-bae-doona-and-lee-joon-suit-up-for-space-adventure-in-thriller-the-silent-sea-cast-and-producer-jung-woo-sung-talk-about-filming

• Like 3

Here it is :wub: I’m glad that he is always very health concious (13 supplements a day and all :D). The array of numbers and their meanings are cute. Last but not least this is a good haircut which makes him look more youthful, and pulling the hair back like this is better than letting them down like during the seobok presscon time lol

• Like 2

Exclusive] Gong Gong·Park Bo-gum starring'Seobok' also collapses in'complete theater screening'

Debate on simultaneous screening with CJ ENM OTT Teabing is

undecided, but reveals a sense of crisis caused by Corona 19
0002472416_001_20210302125724239.jpeg?type=w430Original view
The movie'Seobok' is considering the simultaneous release of CJ ENM OTT teabing with the release of the theater.

Recently, according to movie officials, the movie'Seobok' is being discussed from various angles over the release of the movie'Seobok' at Teabing along with the opening of the theater. The exact schedule is still undecided, but the fact that there is such a discussion over'seobok' again shows the uneasy situation in the film industry.

'Seobok' was scheduled to be released in December of last year, but it has been postponed after consideration to prevent damage from the re-spread of Coronavirus Infectious Disease-19 (Corona 19). The situation in which recovery is not easy due to the decline in the number of theater audiences due to Corona 19 and the trend of consuming contents through OTT instead of theaters became the background for such discussion.

Already earlier,'Seungriho','Hunting Time' and'Call' chose Netflix instead of the theater. Unlike these,'Seobok' discusses the simultaneous release at the theater and teabing, but if it is confirmed,'Seobok' will also give up the'complete theater release'.

'Seobok' is a story in which Kiheon, an intelligence agency agent, who was assigned the last task in his life to transfer mankind's first cloned human Seobok in top secret, walks in a special way amidst the pursuit of various forces targeting Seobok, and gets caught up in an unexpected situation.

'Introduction to Architecture' is a new work directed by Lee Yong-ju, and Gong Gong, Park Bo-gum played the lead role.
  • Like 1

Seobok might be shown mid-April

Simultaneous public release of theater-teaching in April.."Multilateral review" [Comprehensive]

Input 2021.03.02. 2:14 PM

Revision 2021.03.02. 2:15 PM
[Star News Reporter Hyunghwa]
0002936308_001_20210302141500219.jpg?type=w430Original view
Sharing X Park Bo-gum'Seobok' Simultaneous public release of theater-teaching in April.."Multilateral review" [Comprehensive]
Director Lee Yong-joo's'Seobok' is promoting the simultaneous release of the theater and OTT service.

According to the film industry on the 2nd,'Seobok' is contemplating simultaneous release through Teabing, an OTT service of theater and investment distributor CJ ENM in mid-April. CJ ENM said, "We prioritize the release of the'Seobok' theater, but we are thinking about how to open it from various angles," and said, "The simultaneous release of the theater and teabing has not been confirmed yet."

'Seobok' is a science fiction film that tells the story of Kiheon, an intelligence agency, who was assigned the last task of his life to transfer mankind's first cloned man, Seobok, in top secret. Director Lee Yong-joo of'Unbelievable Hell' and'Introduction to Architecture' grabs a megaphone, and Gong Gong and Park Bo-gum appear. Initially, in December of last year, it was postponed indefinitely due to the re-proliferation of Corona 19 when promoting the opening of the theater.

It is reported that CJ ENM has been reviewing cases of movies that were simultaneously released at theaters and OTT services in the United States while not knowing when the Corona 19 situation will recover. When applying this method, the most stumbling block is whether the production company and the actors agree. Previously, Warner Brothers promoted the simultaneous release of the theater and OTT service after consulting with the director and actors of'Wonder Woman 2', but faced backlash after announcing the simultaneous release of the theater and OTT service this year without consultation.

The reason that CJ ENM was able to discuss'Seobok' with the theater and its OTT service at the same time was possible because CJ Entertainment participated in co-production. It is reported that CJ ENM is continuing discussions with director Lee Yong-joo and major actors who are incentives regarding the simultaneous release of'Seobok' with the theater and teabing.

For this reason, other films other than'Seobok' in this year's CJ ENM lineup have not yet been discussed whether to release the theater and OTT service at the same time. This is because if you release'Seobok' at the same time as the theater and teabing, you have to see if it will be profitable, and how the Corona 19 situation will change is still unknown. CJ ENM has the basic premise that the Korean film industry can survive only when theaters, including CGV, a company's multiplex chain, can survive. This is because other theaters such as Lotte Cinema and Megabox may have a CJ ENM lineup boycott if CJ ENM promotes to release all lineups at the same time as theaters and teabing this year.

On the other hand, the plan for simultaneous release of'Seobok' to the theater and teabing is drawing attention, in conjunction with the cooperation of contents with CJ ENM and Naver. Since Teabing will soon be reflected in Naver membership, attention is focused on whether'Seobok' and'Okja' will have the same effect on Netflix. After the release of'Okja' on Netflix, the number of Korean subscribers has increased significantly.

Whether'Seobok' will be released at the same time at the theater and teabing, it is expected that it will be a test stand in many ways in the Korean film industry.

• Like 2

I love Gong  Yoo's to do list update. He is always so funny lol. I like how he all full of jokes when they are trying to convince him to play the game next time.

I am wondering once Silent Sea wraps filming in GY will take much of a break or decide to work on new project not long after.

All his Discover Expedition pics .. he looks so good :) 

• Like 2

I am wondering once Silent Sea wraps filming in GY will take much of a break or decide to work on new project not long after.

I hope he starts hooting the season 2 , lol if the story is expandable for another season. I know this  would be a  hit (Silent Sea)

• Like 1

Korean%2BSispatch.png

Korean Dispatch post

Seobok, will be on both theater and TVING

Movie “Seobok” is ready to meet audience, it will be released on both theater and TVING next month.

On the 3rd, the CJ Film Business Division said, “’Seobok’ will be released as the original contents of the online video service TVING on April 15th and also will be out on the theater”.

An official explained, “In the situation of COVID-19, where consumers’ perspectives are rapidly changing. ‘Seobok’ also decided to be released at TVING to meet more audiences through various platforms”.

‘Seobok’ is a film that advocates an emotional drama. The story of Seobok(played by Park Bo gum), the first cloned human being and Ki Heon(played by Gong Yoo) an intelligence agent who was assigned the last mission to carry Seobok to the secret place.

Meanwhile, ‘Seobok’ is a movie that director Lee Young Ju unveiled in 8 years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL8YIk9prRw/

• Like 1

SBS Star] Gong Yoo Takes 13 Different Supplements Every Day?

Actor Gong Yoo made his fans gasp in shock by revealing that he takes 13 different supplements every day to maintain his health condition.

Recently, Gong Yoo's management agency Management Soop revealed a new video of the actor on the agency's official YouTube channel.

sbsnewslogohttp://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/news/20210303/201526089_700.jpg

In the video, Gong Yoo revealed his 2020 resolutions and how much goals he actually achieved last year.

The first thing on his 2020 to-do list was to take good care of his health.

While talking about the goal, Gong Yoo admitted that he could feel his body taking a toll as time goes by.

He said, "As each year passes, the amount of supplements I take increases as well."

He explained, "I'm currently taking about 13 different supplements every day. Supplements are what helps me make it through each day."

Fans who watched the video left comments such as, "Whoa, that's actually a lot.", "Can't relate with you more.", "Why is it so funny and sad at the same time?", and more.

Credit to : SBS STAR

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

I wish GY 'll have short break after the silent sea , I feel GY gy didn't act for along time , Movie "Kim Ji Young born 1982" wasn't enough for me.

After goblin he has 2 leading role only in "SeoBok , the silent sea" 

In "kim ji young" supporting role

"Wonderland " guest star 

6 hours ago, greenleaf said:

I hope he starts hooting the season 2 , lol if the story is expandable for another season. I know this  would be a  hit (Silent Sea)

I've the same feeling the silent sea'll have other seasons 2 , 3 . But they 'll announce  it after the success of 1st season:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yes seriously I already said it in the previous post but anytime thinking back about the 13 pills a day... is it that he is so super health conscious or that time spares no one...

Hopefully by the release date in April the social distancing rules will have relaxed in Korea... Seo Bok is a big budget production and just releasing digitally might not be enough to break even. This is rather sad as the original aim before all this COVID madness is for this to be a blockbuster.

• Like 2