Personally, I want Gong Yoo and Song Hye Kyo in one project but not in this one.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/netizens-4-actors-top-contenders-alongside-song-hye-kyo/

Netizens Think These 4 Actors Are The Top Contenders To Act Alongside Song Hye Kyo For Upcoming Drama

Who will be her leading man?

44T9tcR0kLsxIDA4eh6fJSN-VJwIyimGAgKtvDiH
android-chrome-192x192.png
Koreaboo
4 days ago

Screenwriter Kim Eun Sook and actress Song Hye Kyo recently confirmed that they will be reuniting for another drama! This news excited fans as this will be the first time since their work on Descendants of the Sun, which aired back in 2016. With this news, netizens can’t help but wonder who Song Hye Kyo’s leading man will be so naturally, they curated their own list. Here are the 4 actors netizens think will be Song Hye Kyo’s leading man in the upcoming drama.

1. Kim Woo Bin

x2YANYgJ6m-pbTmgUpcH0sxruSoIPTdF7eq1n09w5M6oMJunPdI5CNNxCMjnPt3gBjPNspoU0tZxfqaw-LJa3ZgJnhzBx5PAvWf-Hwd6HaOTOdah=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Up first on this list is actor Kim Woo Bin. Netizens have been waiting patiently for a small screen comeback from the actor ever since his last drama, Uncontrollably Fond. Kim Woo Bin has been on a 4 year hiatus after being diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer back in 2017. Since his diagnosis, he put his acting career on hold to focus on receiving treatment. He slowly revealed his plans for a comeback through the news of his upcoming movie, Alien. With this news, netizens got excited thinking of potential plans for the actor. Fans would love to see Kim Woo Bin act alongside Song Hye Kyo if he is healthy enough to do so despite their 8 year age difference.

2. Gong Yoo

GRVSEqR3ElN-w2IR5kp8cYX81aMH1b8sBEYagq5LQZ5fgt_sHKgEkawa7bi8pSGZcsTxmNDuTh_Gjb79T0L7r4FUYpO2fWP82rfe2svJZgObuZM=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | Naver

Next up on our list is the one and only heartthrob of the nation, Gong Yoo. The last drama that Gong Yoo played the male lead was in the cult favorite drama, Goblin. Gong Yoo, who was already a household name became an even bigger star after his role in the hit drama series. While he has been casted in a new drama, The Sea of Tranquility, he is the top contender amongst netizens to play the lead in Kim Eun Sook’s new drama. Fans are eagerly hoping that they will be able to see Gong Yoo and Song Hye Kyo on their television together.

3. Lee Jong Suk

gqgTV6M1yPY2AV83i0HOzKqLiV5I0NCr0pncR6fzkciAjH5CLcIsMgQlMXlDnKebUCbA_nLDlGuLteZRTFAdqTxUcW81XwDmmrTxhwF8CYsBHg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | Tistory

Actor Lee Jong Suk is next up on our list, coming in at number 3. Lee Jong Suk recently got discharged from the military a few days ago, exciting fans and netizens all over the world. With this news, fans have been anticipating what the actor’s comeback plans are. The last drama that he was in was Romance is a Bonus Book and that was back in 2019. While there is a noticeable 8 year difference between the actor and Song Hye Kyo, netizens think that his soft image would pair well with the beautiful actress.

4. So Ji Sub

YXMetl6bQET4PsBIRGNPF0xw2GkzU561i7dzBvRUK7ODdw73MmZVp4ehb4M-v2KPlNayUgNVzXb1YF1ONyuROD7jDepAF9JGiyhXyLVJAa9prEOO=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | Naver

Last, but most definitely not least is the ever handsome actor, So Ji Sub. It has been a hot minute since we have last seen So Ji Sub on our small screens, with his last project being back in 2018. What better way for the actor to make his small screen comeback than through a highly anticipated drama by screenwriter Kim Eun Sook! While the actor may not be interested in a romance drama due to his recent marriage, netizens can’t help but think that he would be a great fit to act alongside Song Hye Kyo. Netizens think the chemistry between the two amazing actors would be perfect.

• Like 4

@inBinJinitrust yes, I watched this mv many times but I didn't understand the point of it:D

Who can believe young actors in this mv , will be big stars in Korea . 

I think all GY fans should watch all his previous works till the release of his upcoming movies & his drama.

@greenleaf yes, I agree with you I want to see GY & SHK in one project " drama or movie but not this one 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Noor90 said:

think all GY fans should watch all his previous works till the release of his upcoming movies & his drama.

@Noor90 absolutely, what I’m very proud of is that in his expansive career, most of oppa’s project choices were excellent, there wasn’t ONE production that I didn’t like after his military service. He is very picky when it comes to work selection and for a good reason. Didn’t he turn down Kim Eun Sook 4,5 times (including Descendants of the sun) before finally agreed to do Goblin. His strength lies in knowing well what is suitable for him and what’s not, while still honing his versatility in different genres and diverse challenges. So for the same reason I also agree that he shouldn’t do this current project by KES. And if I’m completely honest, I don’t prefer him working with SHK so much. I have nothing against this actress and in fact supported the first stage of her career quite a lot (Autumn in my heart, All in, Full House). But she became a bit controversial in the latter half of her career both professionally (tax evasion scandal) and personally. Oppa’s image is completely scandal free for over 20 years and I would prefer seeing him with compatible costars on that front such as Han Ji Min, Jun Ji Hyun or re-cooperate with Jung Yu Mi or Gong Hyo Jin, Jeon Do Yeon etc etc

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Noor90 said:

@inBinJinitrust yes, I watched this mv many times but I didn't understand the point of it:D

Who can believe young actors in this mv , will be big stars in Korea . 

I think all GY fans should watch all his previous works till the release of his upcoming movies & his drama.

@greenleaf yes, I agree with you I want to see GY & SHK in one project " drama or movie but not this one 

I agree. I also dont think GY would want to do a multiple season drama even though it is an 8 episode commitment. He is already filming Netflix drama - I don't think he would want to do another drama after. So I won't be surprised if KES does a Goblin reference or something. Although SHK has always wanted to work with Gong Yoo. She mentioned since 2017.

• Like 3

@veespn actually I like that idea too:wub: Loved their chemistry in Finding Mr Destiny and back in 2010s I had this strong suspicion that they dated although the internet wasn’t anywhere near as developed as today and there wasn’t really any reliable proof. Both oppa and ISJ were also super private. Looking at it now the past is just past...

• Like 3

During the script reading  of Goblin--Gong Yoo  came in tanned and I really liked how he looks... so I am excited for this new character look.

Gong Yoo tanned for his Silent Sea Role

Bae Dona in her guesting on You Quiz on the Block:

"She added that she and Gong Yoo call each other “black sesame” and “steamed white rice cake” as nicknames. “Gong Yoo is very tanned for his role in ‘The Sea of Silence,’ while I look as pale as I usually look,” she said. “But it created a big contrast between us. Gong Yoo said that we were like white and brown sugar. But that felt too sweet, so we went with black sesame and white rice cakes instead.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bae Doona Talks About Working With Directors From Around The World, Friendship With Gong Yoo, And More

After her work in the hit Netflix series “Kingdom” was brought up, she smiled and said, “Isn’t it great? I think it was very well-made. I would monitor myself during filming and say, ‘I think I did great.’ Gong Yoo tells me that there’s no one who has such high self-esteem as me.”

Bae Doona is currently working on the Netflix series “The Sea of Silence” with Gong Yoo and Lee Joon, which is being produced by Jung Woo Sung. Before she came on “You Quiz on the Block,” she had asked Gong Yoo for advice. “I told him that I was a little afraid of the quizzes and he told me that it’s okay if I get them wrong,” she said.

She added that she and Gong Yoo call each other “black sesame” and “steamed white rice cake” as nicknames. “Gong Yoo is very tanned for his role in ‘The Sea of Silence,’ while I look as pale as I usually look,” she said. “But it created a big contrast between us. Gong Yoo said that we were like white and brown sugar. But that felt too sweet, so we went with black sesame and white rice cakes instead.”

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ElectricHearts said:

The nicknames that Bae Doona and Gong Yoo give each other are so cute lol. It also made me laugh too 

I think the original was brown sugar and white sugar but they decided not to because it sounded a bit sweet. So they used sesame seed instead and white rice.

White sugar and brown sugar!!!! So Sweet. Too funny not to share.

Edited by greenleaf
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

The nicknames that Bae Doona and Gong Yoo give each other are so cute lol. It also made me laugh too 

@greenleaf it seems GY and Bae Donna are comfortable with each other. I'm glad they became friends , giving nicknames to each other .

Also, I am glad GY got the opportunity to work with great actress like bae donna:heart:

On 1/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, veespn said:

I want Lim Soojung x Gong Yoo reunion though It can’t happen. 

Yes, I loved GY& LSJ chemistry . I wish they'll work together again . Their kisses were so popular & hot :sparklyeyes:

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to their pairing in the drama. I do remember Doona Bae's instagram story when Gong Yoo was on You Quiz. So it's cute that was brought up as well. 

EDIT: Google recommended me to read another article of KES drama. It really does remind me of GY's Silence except this drama involves more of SHK character needing to get revenge for school abuse she endured. So she decides to be a teacher. As expected it really doesnt sound like the drama would focus on the male lead that much - it may be more on the child and how it affects family. 

• Like 2

15 Lines By K-Drama Male Leads That Still Give Us Butterflies

Every K-drama fan goes through a moment when watching a really good series. It’s that moment when the main lead drops an oh-so-romantic line that has you completely swooning. Over the very long history of K-dramas, there have been a handful that K-drama fans are still unable to get over. Here are 15 of those epic, heart-stopping lines.

. “Coffee Prince

“I like you. I don’t care whether you’re a man or an alien anymore.”

-Choi Han Gyul (Gong Yoo)-

coffee-prince.jpg

When Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) gets a job at a cafe, she meets her stubborn boss, Choi Han Gyul. The two form a strong connection that even leads to some romantic feelings, but Han Gyul is a bit confused about his feelings because he thinks Eun Chan is actually a man. So when Han Gyul decides to finally follow his heart, he puts aside any doubts and hesitancy and declares his love for Eun Chan. It’s a passionate moment filled with so much meaning.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438548wpp/15-lines-by-k-drama-male-leads-that-still-give-us-butterflies

• Like 1

Silent Sea food truck outside the Netflix sound studio. From what I have heard it will launch the second part of the year or early 2021. But I have a feeling it will be on Netflix before  December or in December.

The Silent Sea teaser poster?  Mare means sea in Latin. Mare refers to the dark areas of the moon.

A scene from the original short film, Sea of Tranquility.

Edited by greenleaf
  • Like 2