2 hours ago, casey1409 said:

I watched CP and Train to Busan before but didn't feel anything.. Bcz that's his actor "face"... I started going crazy about him not even because of "Goblin", but because of the interview with "People Insider".. I had a glimpse of the real him... (either that or he's really a good actor to even "act out" a "real personality".. but I doubt that's the case) 
and I just fell in love...

His maturity after going through so much in this industry over the past decade, his humbleness of trying to be a better actor and always thinks he can do better even if he's perfect enough.. his passion for acting even though this career actually brings sadness to him.. And his wisdom, from the way he speaks, he thinks and so on..

I respect him as an actor, but I love him more as the person he tries to be....

Sometimes, I feel like he really needed someone he really trusts to give him a pat at the back.. and tell him that he's doing really great in his acting.. That he's gaining all this fame now, not because of Goblin the drama or Goblin the character, but because of Gong Yoo as an actor....

GY is like a barrel of beautifully aged wine hidden in some secretive cellar.   So charming, flavourful and subtlely good that you just can't help but want more. From the little I know of him (since he is quite a recluse), I imagined him to be thoughtful, contemplative, loving and witty.  I was impressed with his acting in the 'Crucible' and 'A Man and A Woman'. He seems to have this humility to be used as a vessel when required for storytelling. I find this quality depicts maturity in his craft and personality. He is also gracious - always spoke well of his colleagues. It would be interesting to know his Myers- Bridge reasults... ha ha

• Like 8

1 hour ago, princess nour90 said:

unfortunately, i can't find Eng sub for  these 2 interviews but i still 've hope someone 'll translate them

People Insider interview has a big impact in many GY fans , i never saw honest actor like Gong yoo , he shared all his true emotions with his fans , he isn't shy or afraid to tell us all his thoughts & feelings .so i always wait for GY interviews either video or written interviews :).

i also notice something when GY mentions anything in any interview , he achieves it he said before he wants to act in +19 movie, acts with "song kang ho , jeon do yeon , kim go eun" acts in TVN drama then he achieves them all B)

He still have things he mention in interview that not achieve yet. Hope he got what he want. =))

Sigh, how I wish I can understand hangul, T_T

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, gongi said:

Thanks Princess! I saw a series of clips of him with his friends...any idea where i can get the eng sub? 

There 're many videos of GY without Eng Sub I wish I can understand Korean to know what GY is saying :(

• Like 5

11 Korean actors who are mature, sexy, and single!

296f4524-ddeb-483d-b9eb-b8c7c6f1ef18.jpg

Flower boys are a thing of the past! Let’s take a look at celebrities who are 35 years old and up, not married, and masculine as hell!

5 Gong Yoo - 37

d7233ef5-1e0e-4b36-ad9b-ef31ff972ceb.jpg

Yesterday, this Goblin actor popped up at the Lotte World mall, where he was greeted by hundreds of fans yelling out of excitement! Watch the video (not subbed) here.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/11-korean-actors-who-are-mature-sexy-and-single/

• Like 9

22 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

it's during GY military service His mother called him in his radio show . There's a written translation of this conversation between GY and his mom here

http://gongyoo.exteen.com/20081123/djyoo-gong-yoo-and-mom-s-conversation

Madam Yoo spoke so well!! You can tell his parents are just as intelligent, articulate, and well informed. 

What a brat GY is teasing his mom like that! :lol: He is so like us.

"  I think that you have much difficulty in your army service but heard that many your fans get encouraged and heartened from your voice. You're a great comfort to your fans. That's why your position is so important and you should be responsible for it. Also I can't see you directly and i'm always worried about your health. want you to keep being yourself, mind and body, healthy. so many fans will be relieved..! "

• Like 7

11 hours ago, nitnot said:

I like the way he talk to his fans here ..  always make an eye contact to the person he talk to :wub::wub:

I thought he look like a doctor dishing out medicine to a load of love-sick patients.... I need some medications too! 

• Like 5

On 2/27/2017 at 11:25 PM, gongi said:

Get to know your mother-in-law here! Can someone kindly translate? he he 

Thx for posting this!

23 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

it's during GY military service His mother called him in his radio show . There's a written translation of this conversation between GY and his mom here

http://gongyoo.exteen.com/20081123/djyoo-gong-yoo-and-mom-s-conversation

And thx for the translation!

His mom is so cute~~ I can see why his son is like that... I feel spring blossoming in my heart after their conversation~~ it's so warm~~

• Like 7

Soop Management released statement that Gong Yoo won't be able to attend KCTA on 10th March due to prior scheduled commitments. i'm sad GY won't attend i was preparing myself to see him walking in the red carpet i know he doesn't attends any awards ceremony or public events but i want to see him badly in any award ceremonies :(:(

view_900px_3698708688_Kh8c3AGj_ED81ACEAB

http://www.soopent.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=notice&wr_id=62

thanks to: seasonsoftheheart32

• Like 6

I don't understand what was said but it made me laugh out loud at the end. 

It seems to me, he was less shy in his 20s? 

9 minutes ago, gongi said:

Edited by gongi
wrong link
  • Like 7

6 Of The Most Beautiful K-Drama Proposals Of All Time

Best-Proposals-Feature-Image-GY.jpg

Although Valentine’s Day, or as I prefer to call it “Singles Appreciation Day,” is long over, that doesn’t mean we have to stop celebrating love. What is a better representation of love than the proposal? The act of asking someone to commit their entire life to you.

So let us take a look at some of the best proposals we’ve seen from K-dramas, an industry that has ruined the idea of romance for the rest of us. Ladies and gentlemen, take notes so your partners don’t end up disappointed!

Goblin

Goblin-Proposal.png

“I’m saying this because the day is just so…because you’re still blindingly bright. I’m saying this because you are my first love. On another day that is just so…will you be this man of Goryeo’s bride?”

A core premise of this show is the idea that the titular goblin (Gong Yoo) must find his bride in order to end his cursed fate of immortality. The goblin’s bride (Kim Go Eun) thus becomes less of a romantic notion, but a means to an end. However, once the goblin is able to admit that his destined bride is in fact his first love, he asks her to marry him, not because the gods have deemed it to be so, but because he loves her and wants it to be so. He asks her to marry him, not as a goblin, but as his true self, a man of Goryeo. He laid himself bare for her, shedding all the external facades, and asked her to be his first and last bride.

Coffee Prince

Coffee-Prince-Proposal.png

“Although we’re apart right now, later…when you make your first kimchi, when you hold the hand of your first child, when they go off to school, when you marry off our kids…ah, proposing is so embarrassing.”

Don’t we all enter marriage with the hope that we will spend all of the those special life milestones with the person we love until our hair turns white? With these simple and sweet words, Han Gyul (Gong Yoo) is making it clear that all he wants is the ability to share those simple pleasures of life and marriage with Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye).

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/28/6-beautiful-k-drama-proposals/

I Loved both proposals , both are simple but touching GY doesn't need lights , bows on his knees or putting ring in their fingers to make  woman hearts flatter and fall in love with him :heart:

• Like 9

February Spokesmodel Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Kim-Go-Eun-Gong-Yoo-Park-Bo-Young.jpg

“Goblin” fever has yet to die down as lead actors Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun continue to dominate spokesmodel brand reputation rankings.

The Korean Business Research Institute revealed their February spokesmodel brand reputation rankings based on data gathered from January 27 to February 28.

Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun remain in first and second place with “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” star Park Bo Young entering third place respectively.

Check out the top 20 rankings below:

1. Gong Yoo
2. Kim Go Eun
3. Park Bo Young
4. Park Bo Gum
5. Hyun Bin
6. Baek Jong Won
7. Ma Dong Seok
8. Suzy
9. Taeyeon
10. Kim Soo Hyun
11. Yoo Jae Suk
12. Seolhyun
13. Song Joong Ki
14. Kim Yuna
15. Jung Woo Sung
16. Kang Dong Won
17. Jun Ji Hyun
18. Lee Min Ho
19. Kim Yoo Jung
10. G-Dragon

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/01/february-spokesmodel-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/

• Like 6

19 hours ago, casey1409 said:

Thx for posting this!

And thx for the translation!

His mom is so cute~~ I can see why his son is like that... I feel spring blossoming in my heart after their conversation~~ it's so warm~~

I know, right! I Although slightly guarded, the conversation is still warm. :) His mom has a naturally 'aegyo' voice.  They say man usually picked someone like their mother... i need to go practice now! 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, gongi said:

I think he sees that as being arrogant at his 20s... :'(

• Like 3