Here’s how Gong Yoo’s career has changed since Goblin ended

gong-yoo.jpg

It’s already been a month since Goblin ended, but its popularity is still affecting the music charts and also Gong Yoo‘s career.

Goblin was no doubt one of the most successful drama series in the history of Korean television, where ratings soared up to 22.1%, breaking a drama viewership record.

With its immense popularity, its audience was incredibly sad to see the last episode, and its memorable scenes and OST tracks continued to linger in fans’ minds and hearts.

4914_Goblin_Nowplay_Small_oxgPcrm.jpg
Goblin’s success has made its stars some of Korea’s most sought after celebrities.

Currently, Ailee‘s “I Will Go To You Like The First Snow” is still ranking in the top 3 in various music charts despite the great influx of artists and groups coming back with new albums and singles.

Also, as a lunar new year special, SBS aired the film The Suspect, one that Gong Yoo plays the main lead in, and its viewership ratings reached up to 5.2%, making it the second most viewed video during the time it aired.

the-suspect.jpgGong Yoo received a Top Excellence Award at the 22nd Korea Culture and Entertainment Awards for his lead role in The Suspect.

Furthermore, DVD’s for other films Gong Yoo played the main lead in, such as Train to Busan and A Man and a Woman, as well his series Big were all sold out after Goblin ended. Currently, some fans are on a waiting list for their order of the A Man and a Woman DVD.

Entertainment programs like Infinite Challenge and even commercials for Lotteria are also increasingly parodying memorable scenes from the series. Red Velvet also expressed their crushes on Gong Yoo after seeing him in Goblin. In the radio show, Park Ji Yoon’s Gayo Plaza, members of Red Velvet even recorded an audio message to send to Gong Yoo, confessing their love for him.

0000020173_001_20170114130405099.jpg?typ
Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Jong Min gave a nod to the wildly popular drama during an episode of Infinite Challenge.

However, Goblin was not only loved domestically but also internationally. Soon after the series ended, fake merchandise shops selling Goblin postcards, counterfeit photos, and other items started popping up all over the globe, which prompted an insider from the Goblin staff to warn fans from purchasing these fake products.

It’s clear that nobody can get enough of Goblin just yet, and it doesn’t look like its aftereffects will settle down anytime soon.

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/heres-gong-yoos-career-changed-since-goblin-ended/

• Like 7

On 2/15/2017 at 9:49 PM, princess nour90 said:

Gong Yoo’s Worldwide Popularity, from Asia to America

‘Goblin’ might have ended 3 weeks ago, but with its popularity, the drama’s main actor, Gong Yoo’, keeps getting favored by the people of Korea and other countries. According to a statement released by his agency, Gong Yoo has received offers to do a fan meeting in China, Japan, Hongkong, Taiwan, Singapore. Not only in Asia, but also in America, Canada, Australia, and 15 other countries.

This means foreign people’s interest toward Gong Yoo is very high. ‘Train to Busan’, Gong Yoo’s movie, achieved 1st place in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, France, Philippines, and Indonesia when it was aired. In Korea, ‘Train to Busan’ got the biggest box office during its premiere.

In Taiwan, Gong Yoo, Song Joong Ki, Park Bo Gum, and Yoo Ah In are dubbed as ‘4 Hallyu Kings’. Even Rin Jun Sin (Song Un Hwa) and other Chinese artists admitted that they’re fans of Gong Yoo.

Though foreign agencies and promotors have tried to work with Gong Yoo, the actor has not accepted even a single offer due to his full schedule. As of now, Gong Yoo is busy doing commercial shootings until March. Gong Yoo’s agency plans to start doing foreign activities if the actor has already done all of his current responsibilities.

http://my.castko.com/archives/3823

I wish GY 'll have activities outside Korea either fanmeetings, CFs, events , movies or anything else he's so popular in all Asia now from His hit movie "Train To Busan" or his drama "Goblin" he shouldn't waste his popularity . Also it will be great if he has fan meeting in America or Australia:blush:

@princess nour90 yes, really hope he can attend FM at Asia...  (haha. i am biased, i hope he come to Singapore here). in fact all these more than 15 years of kdrama watching, i never attend FM... maybe i may break my practice and attend if he come here. here, women of all ages fall in love with him, from the below 20yrs old teens to the 30yrs old noonas to the 40 ahjummahs, all loves him. he is ageless to us. Park Bo Gum, Song Joong Ki, Lee JongSuk, Ji Chang Wook,  the recent Hit-drama stars already has their FM in Asia... Come! Mr GongYoo.

• Like 5

Gong Yoo’s popularity soars

In latest research on actors’ reputation, Gong Yoo emerged top, with Zo In-sung and Yoo Hae-jin coming in at second and third place, respectively.

Research institute rekorea.net amassed big data on 25 of the most talked-about Korean actors between Jan. 16 and Friday.

The result showed the “Guardian” actor received the highest consumer participation rate, meaning the most number of people talked about him online. Key words related to Gong Yoo’s name included “smile” and “like.”

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170220

The consumer participation rate for Gong Yoo was over 2.6 million, more than quadruple that for Zo, who played the lead role in the film “The King” (2016) and garnered a consumer participation rate of more than 400,000.

Yoo, who played the main role in the comedy film “Luck-Key” (2016), took the third spot with over 200,000 in participation.

Actors Kim Soo-hyun, Jun Ji-hyun and Jung Woo-sung followed behind the top three.

Rekorea.net’s Director Gu Chang-hwan said, “Public attention for Gong Yoo is heating up, as can be seen through the increased consumption of the past films the actor played in.”

Gong Yoo is currently in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for a commercial shoot.

He will return to Korea for a fan event Friday at 5 p.m. at Time Square in Seoul.

Gong Yoo’s agency said the actor will take a short break from March to explore the options for his next work, which is more likely to be a film than a TV series.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201702201659448542976_2

• Like 9

2 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

@maryofbethany he's leading but he doesn't win yet ^_^

@lkgy99 Thank U for all updates , i'm so happy our GY finally got attention he deserves, he became one of highest paid , getting all these love calls :wub: My only dream GY 'll appear in any variety show he was so natural & funny in RM

@princess nour90 haha, out of my excitement. i didnt say properly. as of now. GY is 56%, and LMH is just 43%... totally 803850 people voted.. how long more to go?.. i think this is just a very simple voting thing.  may not meant anything.. but it sill good to see GY on the winning side.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

@princess nour90 haha, out of my excitement. i didnt say properly. as of now. GY is 56%, and LMH is just 43%... totally 803850 people voted.. how long more to go?.. i think this is just a very simple voting thing.  may not meant anything.. but it sill good to see GY on the winning side.

Gong yoo already won , i know it's not important voting but i just want him win :D 

2 hours ago, staygold said:

The man sure loves his shorts!!! :lol: He looks so chilled in these bts shots!!

GY loves 2 things shorts and beanies :lol:

5a8e9bab8685fa938d49a5287d11c69d.jpg

873acac70f097da4db1ad11c803e2b01.jpg

13912887_653180078168961_890638711743693

• Like 7

4 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

I have question.

Is this Iloom CF is new? Do it have video? If yes, can I have the link. 

No, it's old it released last year . Unfortunately I don't have any videos for it but I'll search again cuz I remember I saw it somewhere he was so cute with thedr 2 kids especially this little boy :wub:

• Like 4