21 hours ago, staygold said:

It is one of my favorite movies of GY (And of course of Jeon Do Yeon!) If we are not judging the characters in the film then it is a beautiful story. Even if we are judging them, you will find enough to sympathize with the characters. If the subject makes you feel uncomfortable then I suggest you watch it the last. GY will break your heart in this one!!

I watched and I liked it very much actually! very realistic and human-ish story. Makes you understand even more how much problematic and hard one's life can be. Although there were dragged out scenes, which I found a little unnecessary overall it was very good. I will give it 9.5 from 10.  Great acting, loved the scenery. I started watching Big today :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anipanch said:

I watched and I liked it very much actually! very realistic and human-ish story. Makes you understand even more how much problematic and hard one's life can be. Although there were dragged out scenes, which I found a little unnecessary overall it was very good. I will give it 9.5 from 10.  Great acting, loved the scenery. I started watching Big today :D

I am tempted to say watch the last episode first and then start ep 1 :tongue: Saves lot of angst!!

• Like 3

Kim Min Jae Talks Acting With Gong Yoo, Says He “Has It All”

kim min jae gong yoo 2

In a recent interview, Kim Min Jae talked about his experiences acting in “Goblin,” in which he played the young king.

The actor revealed that he had not expected to feature beyond the second episode, but that he was thankful for the additional scenes, calling it the “best opportunity.”

Yet despite having relatively few appearances in the drama, each of his scenes was full of impact, especially the confrontation in the first episode where the young king stands unfaltering before the charismatic, approaching Kim Shin (Gong Yoo).

Kim Min Jae said, “Senior Gong Yoo is a person that has it all. From sexiness, height, face, and charisma to kindness, he has it all. He’s a person that I admire and like very much, but during filming, I strove to see him as the character rather than a senior. Since I’m the king, I thought that if I am overpowered, I wouldn’t be a king [anymore]. With the thought that I cannot lose in that scene for the production [to turn out well], I did a lot of mental control, and focused on my character.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/11/kim-min-jae-talks-acting-gong-yoo-says/

another article 

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/26738/20170211/goblin-actor-kim-min-jae-thinks-gong-yoo-perfect.htm

• Like 8

Just ‘Goblin’? Gong Yoo’s Popularity Proven by His Previous Works’ Sold Out DVDs

1c-discovery-800x445-800x445.jpg

After finishing ‘Goblin’, Gong Yoo’s popularity has not stopped. It even keeps giving surprises.

His film ‘The Suspect’, which was aired on February 6, scored 5,1% viewers rating and second position on the ranking of views.

1.4-1.jpg

The film became the topic of conversation again because it was starred by Gong Yoo, who’s currently very popular due to the drama ‘Goblin’, so when the film was aired on television, it attracted public attention and became a hot topic, proved by the viewers rating.

Gong Yoo’s popularity could be measured not only by ‘The Suspect’. According to related parties, after ‘Goblin’ ended, DVDs of films and drama in which Gong Yoo starred in before, such as ‘Train to Busan’, ‘A Man and A Woman’, and ‘Big’ were sold out because a lot of fans ordered them.

In ‘Goblin’, Gong Yoo received a lot of love due to his portrayal as an eternal Goblin named Kim Shin. Previously, Gong Yoo had also created a ‘syndrome’ through his drama ‘Coffee Prince’. Gong Yoo impressed a lot of fans in his new drama that his popularity will not go away even though the drama has ended several weeks ago.

After completing the shooting process of ‘Goblin’, Gong Yoo is currently busy doing commercial shootings until March. Other than that, Gong Yoo is enjoying his short break. In March, ‘Goblin’ will also start airing in Japanese television, which of course will add to his popularity even more.

http://my.castko.com/archives/3512

• Like 7

Gong Yoo Gets Courted With Offers From All Over The World After tvN’s “Goblin”

gong-yoo6.jpg

Even after his tvN drama ended last month, actor Gong Yoo is still enjoying the effects of the “Goblin” syndrome.

On February 10, agencies outside of Korea as well as Gong Yoo’s agency, Management Soop, revealed that he is receiving invitations to hold fan meetings in 15 different countries, including China, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, United States, Canada, and Australia.

Given the high demand for him internationally, Gong Yoo is being courted with the highest perks and compensation.

Previously, Gong Yoo starred in the film “Train to Busan,” which performed tremendously well in Korea and emerged as a number one box office hit in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, France, Indonesia, and the Philippines. He then followed through with “Goblin” and made an even bigger name for himself.

In Taiwan, he is ranked after other big names such as Song Joong Ki, Park Bo Gum, and Yoo Ah In as “Hallyu’s 4th Great King,” with many local stars like Shu Qi and Vivian Sung professing their admiration for him on social media.

Despite agencies around the world already fighting for Gong Yoo, he is still unable to respond to their invitations. With filming for commercials and projects that are scheduled everyday until mid-March, the actor has his hands full and plans to promote overseas after completing his current appointments.

Watch “Goblin” on Viki exclusively in Europe!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/12/gong-yoo-courted-offers-world/

another article:

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201702121800218757308_2

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shynaz said:

Hi..

First time in here..:):D

I hope Gy will do fan meeting in Indonesia,Malaysia or Singapore..If that happen I want to go.B)

You're welcome here:wub: it's your first post but I'm sure not last :D

I also wish GY 'll held fanmeeting in many countries to meet with his fans to know how he's so popular and how his fans love him I've strong feeling if GY held fan meeting it'll be in Japan , Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore and may be china

• Like 3

Best Writer-Actor Matchups In K-Dramas

The compatibility between writer and actor is very important, especially since many actors have made breakthrough performances under the right writer. News outlet TV Report recently compiled a ranking of the best writer-actors pairs, as voted by 30 of its staff.

<omitted no related to GongYoo>

The third pair is Kim Eun Sook and Gong Yoo. A voter commented, “It’s a [great] combination of Kim Eun Sook, who created Gong Yoo’s Goblin over a long time, and Goblin Gong Yoo, who made us understand why he waited for five years [to return to dramas]. Because they wrote and gave life to ‘Goblin‘ far better than anyone else could, I think they’re the best couple.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/12/best-writer-actor-matchups-k-dramas/

• Like 7

22 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

You're welcome here:wub: it's your first post but I'm sure not last :D

I also wish GY 'll held fanmeeting in many countries to meet with his fans to know how he's so popular and how his fans love him I've strong feeling if GY held fan meeting it'll be in Japan , Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore and may be china

I am big fan Gy right now..Now I save the money to go fan meeting..please mywish become true..:wub:

My list..I already watch goblin,a man an woman and silenced and train to busan..

Next cofee prince. Its funny I still dont see this drama...lol

• Like 4

[Hot Takes from the Noonas] Now that "Goblin" is over, what's Gong Yoo's next move?

photo819070.jpg

Gong Yoo's popularity is at all-time high, thanks to last year's blockbuster zombie movie, "Train to Busan", and the runaway drama hit, "Goblin". According to his management company, while Gong Yoo has a full schedule until mid-March, invitations are pouring in for fan meetings from 15 countries all over the world, including China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Canada, the US and Australia.

Given the choice, I'd rather hear that Gong Yoo was getting offers for films all over the world, but it never hurts to be popular, especially if there's a chance that he'll come to my home country of Canada (I missed his visit during the filming of "Goblin", unfortunately). 2016 was a banner year for Gong Yoo, between "Train to Busan", period action film, "The Age of Shadows", and "Goblin", so he can probably spend 2017 filming commercials, popping up at the odd event, and holding fan meetings. Alternately, he can choose to go straight back to acting in his next project.

Unfortunately for drama fans, it's unlikely that Gong Yoo will be back on the small screen anytime soon. It was a long gap between 2012 drama, "Big" and "Goblin", and it took a lot of wooing on the part of writer Kim Eun-sook to get him back to television. Much like Song Joong-ki before him, the likely path for Gong Yoo is to spend some time capitalizing on his current fame with international fan meetings and events, and then come back with another blockbuster film. He'll probably stay in the same vein as the more serious films he's chosen since his return from the army in 2011, like "The Crucible" or "The Suspect". Is it too much to hope that Gong Yoo uses at least some of his comedic talents in his next movie? We'll have to wait to find out.

Love,

Only of Noonas Over Forks

http://www.hancinema.net/hot-takes-from-the-noonas-now-that-goblin-is-over-what-s-gong-yoo-s-next-move--103241.html

Thanks God i'm not the only one who wish to see Gong yoo in comedy movies , there're many Action\Comedy became blockbuster movie sp why not he tries this kind of movies I'm sure it'll suit him :)

• Like 5

Which stars received the most votes for being the dream Valentine's Day date?

Suzy-gong-yoo_1487025730_af_org.jpg

Single ladies and gentlemen cast their votes for their dream Valentine's Day date!

SEE ALSO: AOA win #1 on February 2nd 'M! Countdown'!

Marriage agency Gayeon recently held a survey for the upcoming day, and a total of 418 participants took part. Each participant voted for the star they want to ask out on Valentine's Day. 

The male star to take #1 was Gong Yoo, who took 40% of the votes. His 'Goblin' co-star Lee Dong Wook came in 2nd by taking 34% of the votes. Next came Park Bo Gum with 14%, Song Joong Ki with 7%, and Seo In Guk with 1%. 

As for the female stars, Suzy took #1 by winning 37% of the votes. AOA's Seolhyun followed next with 31%, Red Velvet's Irene with 20%, and TWICE's Nayeon with 10%. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/02/which-stars-received-the-most-votes-for-being-the-dream-valentines-day-date

• Like 5

2 hours ago, anipanch said:

Just watching drama "Big". I'm so disappointed with the unclear ending,  can someone explain to me what happened? I couldn't understand anything:(

Sorry, I cant help you on this problem. I watched Big ages ago, I hate the ending, to the point I already totally forgot what is the story of the drama. T_T.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

2 hours ago, anipanch said:

Just watching drama "Big". I'm so disappointed with the unclear ending,  can someone explain to me what happened? I couldn't understand anything:(

Sorry, I cant help you on this problem. I watched Big ages ago, I hate the ending, to the point I already totally forgot what is the story of the drama. T_T.

Never mind XD after brainstorming about it I finally understood it a little. it was just very confusing but in the end I got what was going on haha. 

On the other hand I can't wait for GY's new movie, I hope he chooses something light and more bright, different from his previous movies.

• Like 5