I have been meaning to comment on GY's English in "One Fine Day"...

I was rather surprised with his English speaking skill... can't say it's perfect but not bad at all for someone who does not use English as his main language...

Pronunciation was not bad at all... he does have slight accent but phonetically non-irritating... those of you who are around ppl with heavy accent will know what I mean... there are ppl with rather irritating accent and you just wanna correct them! Just expressing my opinion folks... not being mean... I am a FOB (Fresh Off The Boat = old slang for immigrants) myself... OK, not so fresh anymore... :D

i agree with you Rxgoodleaf that GY's English in One Fine Day is not bad at all.. however, the person who wrote the script makes the dialogue sounds funny.. He's keeps repeating the words "You know?" ha.ha.. :)

anyway, I spoke some English in Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy too, when he brought Gong Hyo Jin to the pub. I thought he sounds better there... :)

OK... to make you feel better, I've noticed! I do agree with you that he is one of best on-screen kisser around... case in point, the ending scene of "She Is On Duty"... BOY, did I ever get hot-and-bothered! LOL

Gotta look for "S Diary"... GY and KSA in a bathtub together... taking a bath, of course! (get your minds out of gutter girls) ;)

ha.ha. no doubt about his kissing skills!!! I'm sure many of us here wants to kiss him too!!! he.he..

I liked GY and KSA's bathtub scene in SDiary.. It's funny!

Guest Ailin*

chigurl, haha...my thoughts exactly about M.net's Korea's Top 100 Bachelors list! :D

Wow, I see more people here! Cool! Welcome everyone! :) I see our "favorite" WITH S2 member [since she releases all the subs in practically all the threads here in Soompi and d-addicts, just like Santa giving presents at Christmas]...ay_link (Shenny, is it?) :wub: also dropping by. We are honored by your presence! (j/k) :lol: Seriously, like you...I'm usually a silent "lurker" myself. As a couple of people have said, I think that Gong Yoo is grossly underrated and felt impelled to rectify the problem, so to speak. LOL! :P I'm also glad he's getting more attention and recognition that he deserves from his much improved acting in his latest drama "One Fine Day." I'm glad that you and eveyone else are enjoying Gong Yoo's pics and clips...and of course, love_jesus' wonderful translatons! She's just a great addition to us all! :blush:

wow insung and go yoo at the same stage!! soo HOT!! so are they friends?

Like what chigurl said, they're both in Sidus HQ. And from what I've seen from pics, I think Gong Yoo is pretty close with Jo In Sung and Kang Dong Won in particular. Here are some photos of them together.

de2ab8c2.jpg

b6040a77.jpg

923dd993.jpg

1492929d.jpg

790dd8fd.jpg

2389c0df.jpg

69daf0c4.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9125/ma...ary03xy7.th.jpg

WTF^?? :lol: wahha from a spy series he did...

LOL! That screen cap is from "S Diary" with Kim Sun Ah! :rolleyes:

Gotta look for "S Diary"... GY and KSA in a bathtub together... taking a bath, of course! (get your minds out of gutter girls) ;)

And speaking about that bathtub scene... :w00t::w00t:

dfb272fd.jpg

Uh, oh...caught by his mom... :sweatingbullets:

0d213dcf.jpg

And yes, he is a pro at kissing. As I read in a recent article, word has it that in his latest Vidal Sassoon CF, he did that kissing scene with that model in just one take only, with no NGs at all. He IS good, isn't he? :lol:

Guest love_jesus

I have been meaning to comment on GY's English in "One Fine Day"...

I was rather surprised with his English speaking skill... can't say it's perfect but not bad at all for someone who does not use English as his main language...

Pronunciation was not bad at all... he does have slight accent but phonetically non-irritating... those of you who are around ppl with heavy accent will know what I mean... there are ppl with rather irritating accent and you just wanna correct them! Just expressing my opinion folks... not being mean... I am a FOB (Fresh Off The Boat = old slang for immigrants) myself... OK, not so fresh anymore... :D

-----

OK... to make you feel better, I've noticed! I do agree with you that he is one of best on-screen kisser around... case in point, the ending scene of "She Is On Duty"... BOY, did I ever get hot-and-bothered! LOL

yeah, gongyoo's english isn't bad at all. i remember he spoke a tiny bit of english in hardtackteacher&starcandy, but in my opinion i thought he spoke better in OFD.

hahaahahaa, i also agree that gongyoo is one of the BEST kissers aliiiiiiiive *^^* the kiss on She's on Duty at the end was definitely HOT!

chigurl, haha...my thoughts exactly about M.net's Korea's Top 100 Bachelors list! :D

Wow, I see more people here! Cool! Welcome everyone! :) I see our "favorite" WITH S2 member [since she releases all the subs in practically all the threads here in Soompi and d-addicts, just like Santa giving presents at Christmas]...ay_link (Shenny, is it?) :wub: also dropping by. We are honored by your presence! (j/k) :lol: Seriously, like you...I'm usually a silent "lurker" myself. As a couple of people have said, I think that Gong Yoo is grossly underrated and felt impelled to rectify the problem, so to speak. LOL! :P I'm also glad he's getting more attention and recognition that he deserves from his much improved acting in his latest drama "One Fine Day." I'm glad that you and eveyone else are enjoying Gong Yoo's pics and clips...and of course, love_jesus' wonderful translatons! She's just a great addition to us all! :blush:

--------------------

Like what chigurl said, they're both in Sidus HQ. And from what I seen from pics, I think Gong Yoo is pretty close with Jo In Sung and Kang Dong Won in particular. Here are some photos of them together.

And yes, he is a pro at kissing. As I read in a recent article, word has it that in his latest Vidal Sassoon CF, he did that kissing scene with that model in just one take only, with no NGs at all. He IS good, isn't he? :lol:

thanks Ailin*! hm been havin some bad days but comn here cheers me up right away ^^ gongyoo and all the fans here. gomawuh.(thanks)

Jo In Sung, Kang Dong Won, and (of course) Gong Yoo. all hotties, and all friends? ahaha soo cool. i would love to be in their little friendship triangle lols. jk. :D

Gong Yoo's Fan Meeting in Korea

gongyoo.jpg

On August 20th, the popular actor Gong Yoo spent some quality time with his official fan club 'YOO&I'.

GAG CONCERT comedian, Jang Dong Hyuk, led the fan meeting of over 200 girl fans that have participated that day, and also considered the many fans that have attended the fan meeting in Japan

On this day, Gong Yoo had the 'Talk about Five things' and shared many different stories with the fans. "When i act in front of the camera, i have the most tingling feelings and i realize that i'm actually living. this makes me feel really happy." confessed Gong Yoo.

also, in the future, this actor tells everyone about one of the things he want's to do in the future. "Something related to the hurt, pain, and a kind of treachery, and something that can touch the bottom of a person's heart and make them shed tears, this something covered in grief and sadness is the kind of role i want to act/play in the future," said Gong Yoo.

Gong Yoo, also, sang 'To Love Is To Hurt'(사랑은 아프려고 하는 거죠’) by MC the Max, and from the drama 'One Fine Day' OST- "I love you, more than anything"(사랑해…사랑할 수 없을 만큼) at the meeting and recieved a warming applause from his fans. [omygsh i want to hear this soooo badly. i love his voice ^______________^]

Gong Yoo concludes the meeting, "All you fans are the reason and my motivation for me to keep moving and trying hard to be the best actor."

source:news.media.daum.net

translated:me

i wish i coulda gone. T T next time im going to korea is in two years. he'll probably be off to goondae (army) no? ahwell. better get the most of him now :P haha well, lucky YOO&I fans. i'm sure they had fun.

*side shoutout: hi shenny ^^

Guest Ailin*

Oh love_jesus, I know we can always count on you for bringing us goodies on Gong Yoo and especially...your fantastic translations! :blush: Again, like always...thank you so much! :lol: Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your rough days :( but you know you can always come here for a smile and get a little cheer from us and Gong Yoo! :P

Back to Gong Yoo's fan meeting today, I'm glad it was a success! And yes, those lucky 200 Yoo&I girl fans...hehe...I wonder if there were any "guy" fans. :rolleyes: It's great that he's really passionate about acting and realizes that his true happiness is being in front of a camera. And I hope he gets to accomplish his dream role in the near future, which I'm sure he won't have a problem portraying. Oh and I'd love to hear those songs he sang at the fan meet as well. (Hopefully there will be a video copy floating around somewhere and made available to us soon.) He's really sincere and humble to his fans and that's really cool. :) (And hopefully in your case, he'll still be around and not off to military service in 2 years when you go back to Korea! :P )

Here are some pics I found on Gong Yoo's fan meeting today in Korea. Hopefully, more will be made available to us soon! :)

Yoo&I's Gong Yoo Fan Meeting knick-knacks...

50397876.jpg

At the fan meeting site...

c1f9b589.jpg

65671c99.jpg

f4459a8f.jpg

3dca8726.jpg

96e929c2.jpg

Gong Yoo's autographed photos given at the fan meeting...

056fb71b.jpg

And other pics...

3cec90ab.jpg

a1f51303.jpg

credit: cyworld

Guest djoching

if i was at the fanmeet, i would have probably ran off wih the standee... so gorgeous and hunky...

i haven't hear him sing so i'm excited if there are clips available...

Guest Ailin*

if i was at the fanmeet, i would have probably ran off wih the standee... so gorgeous and hunky...

i haven't hear him sing so i'm excited if there are clips available...

Hehe...I'm pretty much sure that it wouldn't be just you...but probably about every girl fan there was eyeing it too. :D

Gong Yoo sang two songs at the Happy Sunday Heroine 6 (well, last year was Heroine 5) show. On page 12, love_jesus posted up two links to them. If you want to see the entire show (which is highly recommended), you can download it on page 16, as I provided both Sendspace and Megaupload links for it.

Okay, I'm back with some additional photos of Gong Yoo at the fan meet.

1fd7798e.jpg

b5754a8e.jpg

30414eea.jpg

68140a8a.jpg

credit: cyworld and daum

Guest djoching

thanks for the info... downloading it now

edit: just watched the clip... and so worth it if only for the dancing scenes especially his first dance.

Guest Rxgoodleaf

0d213dcf.jpg

Ohhhh yes, that's the one scene I am talking about.... thanks Ailin*!

Found the CD and watched "S Diary" last night... pausing at various GY scenes... bathtub scene being one of them... ^^

Planning on watching "Spy Girl" tonight... :D

Guest love_jesus

thanks soo so much for the pics Ailin*! (hehe i want that keychain!!!! lol) all the pictures look great. i'm so jealous of thos fans who went. ^^;; i just read the article i typed up last night and i feel like i screwed up my words on some parts. i should have edited (*^^* sorry). ah well, the point gets across. lol. anyway, i'm so hoping to find a video clip or something of when Gong Yoo sings at the meeting. dying to hear it lols.

also, [random] i visited his cyworld, and found a lot of interesting videos and pictures. most of them are posted by his fans, but some pics are posted by the famous gong yoo himself. ^^ lots of cool vids (aka more of gongyoo singing[during drama 'school4']). if you have time visit, i'm sure he'd like it :]

haha. just randomly, one i really like is a vid on the second to last page of an OFD interview. he shows a bit of humor which was really cute. ^_____^

Hi girls ^_^

Hehe.. Ailin* , your posted pictures are always keeping me bright and awake everytime I visit this thread ^^;

It's so nice to see those 'real' pictures of Gong Yoo with Jo In Sung and Kim Sun Ah ehehee...

I think I have to rewatch S-diary again, since I can't seem to remember that bathtub scene :w00t: :blush: :P

He is!! lolz.

speaking of that CF... yeohweping just sent me two clips of this VS clips, but wow... 3 mins of each CF? that's long! lolz. I wonder how much they pay the TV station each time the CF gets aired... hahaa..

Here it is:

http://www.vsclub.co.kr/kawaii/movie/Movie_Ppaparazzi.zip

http://www.vsclub.co.kr/kawaii/movie/Movie_ScandalMovie.zip

hopefully it hasn't been posted yet? :unsure:

*waves to love_jesus... hiya!! kekeke*

Guest MiGkYo

i forgot this foto when i was visiting some cyworlds... hehe~

he was a modeL b4? :w00t:

he is da guy on da top left... hehe~ ^___^V"~

gooyooml9.jpg

Guest chigurl

wahhh!!! im so jealous of those 200 girls that got to see him...

i luv how he cares about his fans and doesnt jus do autographs but actually entertains his fans..

thanks Ailin* and love_jesus for the goodies

heres some more pics from the fan meeting

gy65-1.jpg

gy63.jpg

gy62.jpg

gy61.jpg

**credit sidus**

he answered these questions from the fan meeting

and i was wondering love_jesus if you could translate them :)

gy_fanmeet_qna.jpg

heres another news clip about the vidal sassoon cf

they showed some bts of the shooting

watch carefully at around the 17 seconds mark you see him putting her hand on his butt :lol:

gong yoo is such a flirt :rolleyes:

sendspace

Gong Yoo YTN STAR NEWS 8/22/2006

youtube

YOUTUBE Gong Yoo YTN STAR NEWS 8/22/2006

Guest love_jesus

i forgot this foto when i was visiting some cyworlds... hehe~

he was a modeL b4? :w00t:

thanks for the pic MiGkYo. gong yoo stands out above everyone else :P hehehe

gy_fanmeet_qna.jpg

shweet! thanks for the pics and Q/A's chigurl!! i wish there was a whole video to watch the whole thing lol. anyway, i heard a fan talk a little bit about the fan meeting (on cafe/gongyoo) say that he was so nervous when he got on stage in the beginning. ^^ but as time went by gong yoo was more comfortable with the group. the fan meeting was only supposed to be 2 hours, but it seemed to have gone from 2 and a half hours to 3 hours. the person that hosted it, GAG concert comedian, Jand Dong Hyuk, did a really great job being able to get the fans and gongyoo in an up! kind of mood. his funny jokes were unforgetable. :lol: gongyoo sang three songs which he did an amazing job at. fans were completeley falling apart when he sang :sweatingbullets: (i would too ^^) overall, gongyoo and 'YOO&I' fans had a great time together.

" Jang Dong Hyuk: fill this in. Gong Yoo is ____________.

Gong Yoo: ... loving his fans. <3"

Q1. What have you done recently?

I finished shooting the drama(OFD) and recently came back from my fan meeting in Japan. i was really amazed and touched when i got to meet my fans from not our country, but a foreign country, who were able to love me as an actor. so in order to return the love that everyone has given to me i thought i needed to work harder than before.

Q2. an episode at Japan's fan meeting..

To be honest, i didn't think that the Japenese fans would be waiting at the airport for me. however, the day i arrived in Japan, hundreds of fans were waiting outside the gates for me. once one fan noticed me, everyone started to crowd around. suddenly out of no where a body guard ran over and picked me off the ground and started running. in the end, i was carried off like luggage and thrown into the car ^^

Q3. what makes you the most happiest as an actor?

When i stand in front of the camera i get the most tingling feelings. Every time i act in front of the camera, no matter how much my body or heart aches, i feel a source of energy rising within me. Really.. i feel like before i act all the hard times dissapear like a complete lie. as an actor, acting is what makes me realize that i am a living person which is what makes me happiest.

Q4. if you weren't an actor, what would you want to be?

not now, but if i were older, i wanted to try to carry out a gymnasium. it doesn't have to be big, but a place where people nearby can come comfortably and work out. (! ^^ interesting.)

Q5. what kind of role do you want to play in the future?

i want to try a role where a matter of hurt comes into play. i want to play a character where he seems so cold and calm, and with that i want people to see the reason he became this bitter person. and also, i want to act in a role where it is covered in grief and sadness, and i would be able to touch the bottom of a person's heart and make them cry.

Guest Ailin*

Hi girls ^_^

Hehe.. Ailin* , your posted pictures are always keeping me bright and awake everytime I visit this thread ^^;

speaking of that CF... yeohweping just sent me two clips of this VS clips, but wow... 3 mins of each CF? that's long! lolz. I wonder how much they pay the TV station each time the CF gets aired... hahaa..

Here it is:

http://www.vsclub.co.kr/kawaii/movie/Movie_Ppaparazzi.zip

http://www.vsclub.co.kr/kawaii/movie/Movie_ScandalMovie.zip

hopefully it hasn't been posted yet? :unsure:

Hey! Glad to hear that! :) Hehe..actually, we already posted those Vidal Sassoon CF links a page earlier, being the huge fangirls we are for Gong Yoo. :P But thanks anyway, for sharing them with us here again. There are actually 3 parts to the CF. You can find that first part called "Interview" on page 17 with the other two parts: "Paparazzi" and "Scandal Movie." And if I understood this correctly, I think these CFs are solely released and shown thru VSclub.co.kr website only. I think that's probably why they created all that buzz about Gong Yoo's mysterious "girlfriend" before all these CFs were released to the public. And I think it worked because I'm surprised there's still media coverage...daily articles and news clips about it. Ingenious!

Thanks chigurl for that latest YTN Star news clip, as well as the additional photos of Gong Yoo's fan meet! :)

Speaking about the fan meet, love_jesus, you've outdone yourself yet again! :D Everytime I come here, I find your wonderful translations! Aside from that, thanks for sharing that fan's first-hand account of the fan meet. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

Also randomly as well, yes...Gong Yoo's cyworld is a good source of goodies! Just to comment on that vid on the second to last page of an OFD interview you're referring to...Gong Yoo was so naughty teasing Sung Yuri like that! (I hope it's the one you're talking about.) I'm talking about the Section TV news clip (5/31/06) where the 4 casts of "One Fine Day" were being interviewed at the day of the press conference. Nam Goong Min started the joke saying that Sung Yuri liked the buffed up/muscled type of men and so he doesn't think he'll have a chance winning her heart in the drama with the role he's playing. And then Gong Yoo jumped in with a serious face saying that the director gave him a heart-felt talk telling him that Sung Yuri liked these kind of men with a good physique so in order for Sung Yuri to act well in her role, as the person who's acting opposite her...he has to constantly work-out at the gym and wear low-collared clothing. :lol: Sung Yuri got all flustered and embarrassed, laughing away saying that it's not true. :D Then Gong Yoo said something like, "Therefore I'm so stressed out about it and I don't know if this is all for acting or for fulfulling Sung Yuri's desires!" ROFL! :P:lol: Ah Gong Yoo, what a funny guy he is! :D

Thanks for sharing that photo with us, MiGkYo! Just the other day I saw this pic of Gong Yoo modeling at one of Andre Kim's fashion shows (back in 2003?) I was a bit surprised and didn't realize he did that before because I heard those who get to model Andre Kim's clothes have to achieve a certain level of fame and popularity. Well, good for him! (not for modeling Andre Kim's clothes that seem to look the same all the time, but I mean for Gong Yoo to reach that level of fame and popularity to do so) :)

2e73c057.jpg

credit: daum

Anyway, I found the following screen caps for another "Come To Play" show that Gong Yoo, Kim Sun Ah, and Nam Sang Mi went on together last year to promote their movie "She's On Duty." (Ep.40 dated 3/12/05)

73d0f38e.jpg

8e52f421.jpg

b004bab0.jpg

1fa80c5e.jpg

Although I couldn't locate a standalone copy of it, I found that this person's daum blog has a streaming clip of it. :)

http://blog.daum.net/junghe91/4884516

Guest love_jesus

wooh i'm back lol. i post so much on this thread. --;;

Also randomly as well, yes...Gong Yoo's cyworld is a good source of goodies! Just to comment on that vid on the second to last page of an OFD interview you're referring to...Gong Yoo was so naughty teasing Sung Yuri like that! (I hope it's the one you're talking about.) I'm talking about the Section TV news clip (5/31/06) where the 4 casts of "One Fine Day" were being interviewed at the day of the press conference. Nam Goong Min started the joke saying that Sung Yuri liked the buffed up/muscled type of men and so he doesn't think he'll have a chance winning her heart in the drama with the role he's playing. And then Gong Yoo jumped in with a serious face saying that the director gave him a heart-felt talk telling him that Sung Yuri liked these kind of men with a good physique so in order for Sung Yuri to act well in her role, as the person who's acting opposite her...he has to constantly work-out at the gym and wear low-collared clothing. :lol: Sung Yuri got all flustered and embarrassed, laughing away saying that it's not true. :D Then Gong Yoo said something like, "Therefore I'm so stressed out about it and I don't know if this is all for acting or for fulfulling Sung Yuri's desires!" ROFL! :P:lol: Ah Gong Yoo, what a funny guy he is! :D

ahaha yes that's the one! I don't know why but I really liked that interview clip. I, too, laughed when he said he didn't know if it was for acting or for Sung Yuri. lols. i also liked the last part of it, where the reporter asked Gong Yoo to pick out lip gloss for Sung Yuri. He started looking around next to Yuri and she said that was the nail polish section x). Then he finally picked out one and the reporter asked him if he was really going to buy it for her. Gong Yoo said "after i see how much it is" and asked the store manager how much. The price was 5,500 won. (around $5.50) and after Gong Yoo thought a while he said, "Give me two for 10,000won ($10)." ^___^ clever with money, eh? puahaha.

Also, thanks for the pics of the Andre fashion show and 'Come to Play' show. ah i wish i could watch everythn i missed on GY before school started. that would jump start my school year :]

wow!! thank you all Gong Yoo fangirls who contributed the goodies here... since Ailin mentioned about him appearing in Andre Kim's fashion show back in 2003, I also found some pictures of the event a while back...

Enjoy!!!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Guest Ailin*

Thanks aalhl for the additional photos of Gong Yoo at the Andre Kim fashion show! Gong Yoo looks great as usual! :P (can't say the same for the clothes though :vicx: )

You gals will be happy to see this newest YTN Star news clip on Gong Yoo's fan meeting, this past Sunday on the 20th...we get to see parts of his fan meet...and love_jesus, we get to see him sing! :lol: As always, your help will be greatly appreciated! :sweatingbullets: :blush: :D (side note: yes, I found that lip gloss part of the interview clip cute too! pretty witty of him. B) )

YTN Star news clip (8/23/06) on Gong Yoo's recent fan meet...

http://tvnews.media.daum.net/_popup/200608/23/ytnstar/v13782601.html

d23af9e6.jpg

3adeedc1.jpg

668fe007.jpg

While I'm at it, here are some additional pics of Gong Yoo... :P

729ba9e4.jpg

3b62b7ed.jpgd894592f.jpg

Guest chigurl

once again thank you love_jesus for the translation..youre awesome :blush:

dont worry bout posting too much on this tread, theres a bunch of us that live on this thread including me :P

Ailin* thank for the pic and the link to the show..

too bad i cant understand what he is saying cuz he talks alot in this show :(

he looks really good though..he he

thanks aalhl for the modeling pics

i really think that he could/should have been a model if he didn become an actor

that one pic where hes wearing a sheer shirt....wow :w00t:

heres what we have been looking for news clip of the fan meet

in the clip we finally get to see wat went on...yayyy

we see him sing two songs(he sounds really good), open gifts and answer questions..

they had a cake for him and he was pretending to be surprised :lol:

watching him jus make me smile :blush:

gy_fanmeet.jpg

sendspace

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ead54

Ailin* youre too quick :lol: