https://zapzee.net/2020/05/27/gong-yoo-and-bae-doo-na-confirmed-their-appearances-on-netflixs-the-silent-sea/

Gong Yoo and Bae Doo Na Confirmed Their Appearances on Netflix’s ‘The Silent Sea’

by krishkim 

E7260FCB-DA1E-4549-B9C2-BF0518960432.jpg
Credit: Star News

Actors Gong Yoo and Bae Doo Na will work together in Netflix original series The Silent Sea.

According to a source, Gong Yoo, Bae Doo Na, Lee Joon Hyuk, Kim Sun Young, and Heo Jung Do have recently confirmed their appearances in The Silent Sea. Produced as Netflix original series, The Silent Sea is an SF horror drama about elite soldiers going to a research base abandoned on the moon, set in the future Earth, where water and food shortages have been caused by global desertification.

The series is based on the eponymous 2014 short film directed by Choi Hang Yong, which garnered attention at the Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival the same year.

Jung Woo Sung will participate in the work as a producer, whereas director Choi Hang Yong and writer Park Eun Kyo, famous for Mother, will direct and write the upcoming series. Netflix original series Kingdom’s producer will also participate.

Gong Yoo plays Yoon Jae, a soldier and leader of the team at the space agency, and Bae Doo Na plays Ji An, an exploration agent with secrets. Lee Joon Hyun, Kim Sun Young, and Heo Jung Do will each play Soo Chan, Ga Young, and Ki Soo.

The Silent Sea will be produced in 8 episodes and will start filming in August.

Since it is an SF horror series set on the moon, most of the scenes will be filmed in the film set. It is also seen as an opportunity to introduce Korean VFX technology to the world.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@Helenathank u for sharing this great news

Finally, we'll see gy . I was disappointed when I read seobok 'll be released next year but now I'm satisfied may be we can watch his upcoming drama "The Silent Sea" in the end of this year . In 2021 we'll watch his 2 movies "Seobok , Wonderland" 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/28/2020 at 3:31 AM, gy_pyang_gy said:

Saw in IG that Gong Yoo is now shooting Wonderland. 2021 will be another 2016 for Gong Yoo or maybe even better! Seabok, wonderland and the Sea of Silence. Everything he does is worth the wait.

I hope 2021 will be successful like 2016 . I mean in terms of popularity & awards too.

GY worked so hard , still working so hard. GY is more brave now . He's choosing his works regardless his size in movies  big or Small. He just chooses what he likes & what he feels . Also I'm glad he chose a drama without love story or romance . GY is more mature & more brave , more confident than 2016

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Noor90 said:

I hope 2021 will be successful like 2016 . I mean in terms of popularity & awards too.

GY worked so hard , still working so hard. GY is more brave now . He's choosing his works regardless his size in movies  big or Small. He just chooses what he likes & what he feels . Also I'm glad he chose a drama without love story or romance . GY is more mature & more brave , more confident than 2016

I think that GY has become more stable psychologically because he has always been brave even since he chose to make Silenced novel a movie and making a KJY 82 movie Despite all the criticism and hate calls ,
but he has become more mature now after entering the forty years and after his successes in cinema and television and his legacy has expanded exponentially not only in Korea but in the whole world which is what expanded his field of vision
More and made him want to try more things that he was not able to do in the past As he said in one of his previous interview

and I would like to say that he now realizes that everyone is looking at him and asking him for more and expecting from him only the best so he is very careful in his choices because he is aware that any mistake will be catastrophic
Therefore, I am confident that the year 2021 will be an extension of his successes in the past decade

and In the end, all possible support for our beloved star and our wishes for more successes and progress .
  • Like 3