• 2 weeks later...

Korean Actors With Honey Voices Made For ASMR

Korean Actors With Honey Voices Made For ASMR

Gong Yoo

With his enticing looks and irresistible charm, Gong Yoo has it all – including a voice that will turn any bad day into a good one. His voice is so captivating that it’s easy to fall in love just by hearing his voice. It’s worth the wait even to watch until the end of this clip just to hear his voice.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348064wpp/korean-actors-with-honey-voices-made-for-asmr

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gong Yoo Names The Role Of His Lifetime

62707e90fb544a948d57194dcbd1e78a.jpeg?s=

On October 4, Gong Yoo and Jung Yu Mi appeared on “Entertainment Weekly” for an interview about their upcoming film “Kim Ji Young, Born in ’82.”

It was recently reported that Gong Yoo had cried while reading the scenario for the film and ended up calling his mother. Gong Yoo responded to this in the interview with “Entertainment Weekly” by saying, “That was a bit distorted. I wasn’t crying while reading. I’m not sure what the reason was, but I think I got a bit emotional. The first thing I thought of was my family. I don’t usually call them, but I did suddenly. I was feeling grateful over how they raised me well.”

This is Jung Yu Mi and Gong Yoo’s third time appearing in the same work together, following the 2011 film “Silenced” and 2016 film “Train to Busan.”

When this was brought up to the two actors, Jung Yu Mi laughed and said, “It could be the last,” which surprised Gong Yoo. “This is the first time I’m hearing about this!” he said as Jung Yu Mi laughed before saying, “I was joking!”

Gong Yoo was also asked to name “the role of his lifetime.”

“That’s really difficult,” he said. “But the first thing I thought of when I heard ‘role of my lifetime’ is ‘Goblin.’ It was a drama that allowed me to show a lot of things. As an actor, I was able to show various things such as seriousness, affection, sentimental sadness, and comedy.” He joked, “Also, I was a god. I felt like the world belonged to me.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356802wpp/gong-yoo-names-the-role-of-his-lifetime

• Like 2

Jung Yu Mi And Gong Yoo Explain Why They Chose To Star In Upcoming Film Despite Backlash

10ba381585c94a7fb910d64b594333b2.jpeg?s=

On September 30, Jung Yu Mi and Gong Yoo attended a press conference for the upcoming film “Kim Ji Young, Born in ’82” (literal title), which is set to premiere sometime in October.

During the press conference, the two explained why they chose to star in the film, which created much debate among Korean netizens for its take on feminism.

Gong Yoo shared, “I accepted the offer [to star in the film] without having to think about it much.” The actor continued, “After I finished reading the script, I thought a lot about my family. It is very rare that I cry while reading a script, but I cried while reading this script.”

“It’s not often that I feel like I’m in the situation only by reading the text. I knew I had to take it because I instantly immersed myself into Dae Hyun (Gong Yoo’s character in the film) and got emotional,” Gong Yoo added. “My family came to my mind, so I called my mom. I called her because I wanted to thank her. I thanked her for raising me, and although she seemed a bit confused, she also seemed happy because she laughed.”

Gong Yoo concluded, “There was no reason for me to hesitate. I think it’s a good film for people in my parents’ generation, people in my generation, and the next generation to watch together.”

Jung Yu Mi explained, “I’m not married nor have I ever raised a child. Instead of relating to [the character], I was reminded of other people around me. I felt sorry because I thought that I might have looked away [from their problems] with an excuse of being busy, and I also wanted to understand their feelings.”

The actress continued, “All I knew about [the story] is that the novel had been a hot topic. I became aware of the story through the script first. After I decided to take on the role following a meeting with the director, it raised a lot of issues, but I thought that it is our job to make the story that we want to tell and show people.”

Following the news that confirmed Jung Yu Mi’s participation in the film, many netizens left malicious comments on her social media and rated the film with zero stars on major portal sites such as Naver. Regarding the negative feedback, the actress shared, “It didn’t put pressure on me in any way. I was thinking more about participating in making the story that I’ve chosen, turning it into a great production, and sharing it.”

Gong Yoo added, “As I said earlier, I didn’t hesitate about starring in the film. [The negative feedback] did not cause a problem in my decision [to join the production]. I believe that there will always be differences in how people view things. I don’t think it’s a problem of what is right and wrong.”

“Kim Ji Young, Born in ’82” is based on the best-selling novel of the same name that tells the story of a woman named Kim Ji Young who was born in 1982. Recounting the experiences and ordinary life of Kim Ji Young as someone’s daughter, wife, mother, and co-worker, the novel has resonated with many and sold over a million copies in Korea. However, because the book addresses feminism, which is a highly divisive topic in Korea, it has been at the center of controversy for some time. As a result, celebrities including Seo Ji Hye and Red Velvet’s Irene have become the center of attention by mentioning the novel.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355836wpp/jung-yu-mi-and-gong-yoo-explain-why-they-chose-to-star-in-upcoming-film-despite-backlash

• Like 1

@Noor90 thank you for the subtitle teaser. I wish this movie will give some good impact to the people who watch it.

I hv to said that Yumi n Gonyoo are so brave to take this project. If you all watch the presscon. Only 1 journalist asked the question when they open the segment to journalist. The rest didnt ask anything since that is the only question they want to ask to the KimJiYoung Team. The question is about the backlash they received. Sigh. I dont know how others think, for me it is sad. No one ask about something like what they hope for this movie, any changes in their life after taking this project. 

• Like 2

@kentangbakaryes, i'm glad they accepted this role & honestly i don't even care if this movie 'll be hit or miss in box office . All i want this movie 'll have great effect like their movie "Silenced" 

22 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

The question is about the backlash they received. Sigh. I dont know how others think, for me it is sad. No one ask about something like what they hope for this movie, any changes in their life after taking this project. 

I'm sure they were prepared for something like that , i don't think they were surprised . 

Also i noticed during their interviews with SBS movie connect and KBS entertainment they didn't talk about movie or story or success for this movie . They only talked about working together 3 times , dating rumors , and GY hobbies like fishing ..............

Anyway i glad GY accepted this movie , i'm glad GY achieved his goal to be Yumi husband in a movie :D . Also i like their chemistry on & off screen :wub:

• Like 2