Soopoiler part 1 "Another Fishing Trip with GY" 

Part 2 

That's the best news , sooo excited:gangnamstyle:

4 hours ago, greenleaf said:

FINALLY! Th Silent Sea trailer and probably released date will be announced in a global Netflix fan event next month. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

NEWS

Posted by Janie-Reign   17 hours ago

'Train to Busan' trends in the US as netizens continually object to an American remake of the Korean hit film

AKP STAFF

1630266078-tob.jpg

'Train to Busan' is trending on Twitter in the US as people are objecting to the American remake.

As seen previously, netizens expressed anger back in February when New Line Cinema announced that they are looking to release a remake of the Korean box office hit. In addition to comments such as "The original is perfect the way it is" and "They don't need to remake the film," fans of the original are currently asking viewers: "just use subtitles".

This search trend on Twitter is also bringing back the famous line from Bong Joon Ho's acceptance speech at the '92nd Academy Awards': 

Furthermore, netizens all around the world are referring to this remake as "the worst news," with comments that the original film is already a "masterpiece".

'Train to Busan' premiered at the Cannes Film Festival back in 2016 and quickly gained popularity, leading to the sequel 'Train to Busan: Peninsula' released in 2020.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gong Yoo Reveals How He Now Chooses His Roles Differently From Before

Gong Yoo Reveals How He Now Chooses His Roles Differently From Before

Sep 19, 2021
by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial for Marie Claire magazine, Gong Yoo opened up about how his approach to his work has changed.

Gong Yoo, who will be gracing the cover of the magazine’s October issue, shared that his priorities as an actor have transformed over time.

The star remarked, “After my twenties and thirties, the source of strength that drives me as an actor is changing.”

“Before, what came first were my worries about what my character looked like and how to act out my role,” he said. “But now, those concerns have been flipped around. Instead of those worries, I spend more time thinking about what kind of impact I can have on this project, what kind of impact my role has on the other characters, and whether my energy will be conveyed.”

Gong-Yoo-2.jpg

Gong Yoo went on to reveal that the overall message of a project has become more important to him when he chooses his roles.

“Even when I choose projects,” he explained, “if before, I looked only at my own character, I’m now more interested in what the producers are trying to say through this project and what kind of statement they want to make.”

Spoiler

Gong-Yoo-3.jpg

Gong Yoo also talked about his recent YouTube videos, which have gained popularity for showing a glimpse of his natural side.

“I don’t have a script or format or any plans,” he shared. “I just turn on the camera in the morning and film in a stream-of-consciousness style. I want to show myself exactly as I am.”

Gong-Yoo-4.jpg

Spoiler

Gong-Yoo-5.jpg

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th image onwards under spoilers! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, Noor90 said:

GY was cool & sexy villainB)

Him being the  cover of Marie Claire means The Silent Sea is just around the corner-- as far as I know Gong Yoo only appears on magazine covers when he is promoting  something. Last year he also appeared  October in a magazine cover because Seobok was supposed to  be shown October last year but got derailed by the high incidence of Covid-19 in Korea, Only a few days from now is the Netflix event and we will hear news.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, greenleaf said:

Him being the  cover of Marie Claire means The Silent Sea is just around the corner-- as far as I know Gong Yoo only appears on magazine covers when he is promoting  something. Last year he also appeared  October in a magazine cover because Seobok was supposed to  be shown October last year but got derailed by the high incidence of Covid-19 in Korea, Only a few days from now is the Netflix event and we will hear news.

Yes,I agree With u . I'm sure it'll be released this year . I guess it'll be on Dec Also, gy is celebrating his 20th anniversary. 

• Like 2

Gong Yoo’s Number In Squid Game Belongs To A Real Person, And He Has Received Over 4,000 Calls From Strangers

By ILSA CHAN
Published SEPTEMBER 24, 2021
Updated SEPTEMBER 25, 2021

Squid Game Fans Have Been Calling Gong Yoo’s Number In The Drama And The Owner Is Not Pleased
The poor guy says fans of the show have been calling his number 24/7 and it's affecting his daily life.
Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.
Popular South Korean Netflix series Squid Game has found itself in yet another controversy.

The series, where cash-strapped individuals participate in deadly games to win a huge cash prize, is so popular that it has become the first K-drama to take the top spot on Netflix charts in the US.

The show’s popularity, however, has caused great distress for one individual.

1 of 2Curious fans have been calling the number on the card
In the drama, Gong Yoo, who makes a cameo in the drama, invites Sung Ki Hoon, played by actor Lee Jung Jae, to play a game and hands him a business card with a phone number on it.

Turns out, the number actually belongs to a Mr A, who has been receiving a barrage of calls and text messages from curious fans since the drama premiered on Netflix on September 17.

According to Mr A, who has been using the number for more than 10 years, he’s been getting calls 24/7, and it’s affecting his daily life.

“I’ve had to delete more than 4,000 numbers from my phone. It has come to the point where people are reaching out day and night due to their curiosity. It drains my phone’s battery and [it] turns off. At first, I didn’t know why, then my friend told me that my number came out in Squid Game,” said Mr A.

2 of 2How did it happen?
Though there were only eight digits in the phone number, as opposed to the usual 10 or 11, the production crew made the mistake of removing only the first three digits, which represents a city's area code, instead of the numbers in the middle or the end.

Hence, if you just dialled the eight numbers without the city code, you would still be able to connect the call.

Netflix said it is in touch with Mr A and is working with the production team, Siren Pictures, to resolve the matter.

For the boo boo, Netflix could be fined up to 50 million won (S$57,400).
Read more at https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/asian/gong-yoo-number-squid-game-real-person-4000-calls-15414816

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lkgy99 said:

Conformed The silent sea will release in December

I was a bit disappointed with event--I mean no teaser. The December date is something  a lot of us already knew as confirmed by Gong Yoo himself  in an interview--same with Sweet Home (finished shooting in March, shown in December) because December is when most K-dramas get the highest rating. 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 2