14 hours ago, gongi said:

For me, nothing will change unless GJC is attached me ... he he 

But honestly, I think we wouldn't know even if he is attached. When he does get married, I reckon he will opt for a private ceremony and then send out a press release. 

It will only create a wave, if you said something negative for eg. I think whoever marries him is crazy... and then you list down all the negative traits about him. Please try! I want to meet some long time-time lurker fans...

I think he has promised his fans that he would absolutely announce it in his fan cafe if he's going to get married... And I dont feel like he's someone who would go against what he promises...

13 hours ago, gycaliflower said:

Thank you for your comments. You can watch it on youtube. There's some posted videos called Shall We English lessons that gong yoo did. From the way he pronounces the words and speak in English, I think he already knew/learned English because he speaks it pretty well.. I think he has grasp the basic concept of the English language and can hold a conversation. He definitely has an accent but it makes him sound even more handsome. I believe if non korean fans speak to him he'll understand.. just comesto show how well diverse and special our gong yoo is!

Thank you! Will check that out ^_^

13 hours ago, angjay said:

is he resting now? no updates from him so far? it was mentioned that he will take a break in March. or is he still active and i am outdated haha :tongue:

chingu~ u n i same place right? the tiny little dot.

@casey1409

pardon me if i might say but i think his english no matter how good, he will still sound like a true korean hehe :tongue:

true Busan ahjussi hehehe :tongue:

Really? Cause when i downloaded the song "the last time" i didn't know he sang it, and I  really thought that a foreigner (with a bit of a country accent) sang it... =p

11 hours ago, angjay said:

@gongi
i think it might take almost forever for GY to settle down because it seems like he is always flirting with his co-actresses. 
correct me if i am wrong :tongue:

Does he flirt with his co-actresses? I would call Song Jong Ki and Song Hye Kye flirting with photos of hands on legs... But so far, isn't GY one of the reputed actors that is the cleanest from scandals and rumours?

7 hours ago, gongi said:

The other forum is having a field day with KGE's breakup and, I am not sure why.  Do you?

:angry::angry::angry::angry:I am actually quite mad for that so called field day:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:...
1. It's still bad to celebrate breakups unless the relationship was a destructive and abusive one..

2. It's putting GY in a bad position as the guy who stole someone's girlfriend.. and KGE as the girl who changed her heart easily whenever a new guy pops up...:angry::angry::angry:

3. That rumour doesnt even have any basis AT ALL... It only started with a bunch of Goblin-fans who are gurgling about the ShinTak couple and (IMO, a rather angry one...) they weren't able to even distinguish tv series from reality...!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I mean come on... what they liked was the couple and their story of a heart-breaking love from the tv series... not the real GY&KGE couple... If they wanted to spin off GY with an actress bcz they worked together and their chemistry was good? It would have been better & more logical with the actress from Train to busan... cz not only they worked in a couple of works, GY even see her as a very good actress and respects her a lot...

4. If we think about GY personality according to everything we have discussed in this forum... Can you guys even imagine what an awkward & uncomfortable position he's been put at?!?! :angry::angry::angry:

I understand the love for the ShinTak couple.. And I LOVE Goblin... But people really need to stop all this... AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH......!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

PS edit : Sorry for the outburst.....

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, casey1409 said:

I think he has promised his fans that he would absolutely announce it in his fan cafe if he's going to get married... And I dont feel like he's someone who would go against what he promises...

Does he flirt with his co-actresses? I would call Song Jong Ki and Song Hye Kye flirting with photos of hands on legs... But so far, isn't GY one of the reputed actors that is the cleanest from scandals and rumours?

:angry::angry::angry::angry:I am actually quite mad for that so called field day:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:...
1. It's still bad to celebrate breakups unless the relationship was a destructive and abusive one..

2. It's putting GY in a bad position as the guy who stole someone's girlfriend.. and KGE as the girl who changed her heart easily whenever a new guy pops up...:angry::angry::angry:

3. That rumour doesnt even have any basis AT ALL... It only started with a bunch of Goblin-fans who are gurgling about the ShinTak couple and (IMO, a rather angry one...) they weren't able to even distinguish tv series from reality...!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I mean come on... what they liked was the couple and their story of a heart-breaking love from the tv series... not the real GY&KGE couple... If they wanted to spin off GY with an actress bcz they worked together and their chemistry was good? It would have been better & more logical with the actress from Train to busan... cz not only they worked in a couple of works, GY even see her as a very good actress and respects her a lot...

4. If we think about GY personality according to everything we have discussed in this forum... Can you guys even imagine what an awkward & uncomfortable position he's been put at?!?! :angry::angry::angry:

I understand the love for the ShinTak couple.. And I LOVE Goblin... But people really need to stop all this... AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH......!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry to cut your post short.

I believe he will announce his wedding news to his fancafe 1st, whether the ceremony is private or not. That we have to wait and see.

No, he is not flirting with his co-actress, he is friendly and have boundries. =).

He just have rumors...and it is annoyed me. I told before that I dislike rumors. I dont like to see my fave celebs name in rumors. Whatever it is. It is annoying and overshadowed their real performance in their works/arts/crafts.

The rumors also make into KBS news at KBS World youtube. I dont know how to react. T_T.

And I would like to thank to you for write these 4 points. I agree with all of the above. The no4 is sooooo true.

@gongi  Looks like he have to buy a land..lols.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gongi said:

The other forum is having a field day with KGE's breakup and, I am not sure why.  Do you?

I can't really understand fans sometimes. I mean it's perfectly all right to ship a pair or have a OTP, but to actually celebrate a breakup horrifies me. Imagine having to go through the breakup itself (doesn't have to be hard feelings or tough but generally) and people enjoying it because THEY want you to be with someone else or they think you look "better" with someone else. And tbh I was expecting people to be a bit more understanding, but it looks like knetz are just a bunch of kids who doesn't know how to keep their mouth shut when they don't have anything nice to say. So SAD. 

On another note, been a few days since I've been here, been busy and it's fun to see this thread move so QUICKLY. Hello to new fans :D

• Like 4

Please, all GY fans in this page , don't talk about shippers , dating rumors here, i know there're many fans want him with KGE ,YEH, Yumi ,or any other actress , but at the same time i don't want GY or actresses attached with these rumors got hurt , also i don't want GY fans fight or disagree because of shippers so please Focus only on GY  and waiting for the day GY himself tell us about his dating or  engagement :)

• Like 5

@casey1409 i should go check that song out. i havent actually heard him say any english before. but he is cute to me no matter what i say. if he has an accent, omo that's even cuter.

i should not have said flirt. i should have said he always form a close bond with all his co-actresses. i can understand why 1 of his co-star once said girls will be frustrated with him. a cute guy with all the teasing and etc but in the end i might be friend zoned. just my assumption :wink: yes soong jong ki is flirty imo.

yes they should not assume they are going to date. it can just be our GY really acts well. it takes more than on set chemistry to fall in love. for example, a kiss scene can take many shots from different positions. and the position might be uncomfortable in real life.

i agree with @princess nour90 shippers be shippers. u can rant but be sure to get past this moment :wink:

• Like 3

Hi guys, I am new here!! I have been a Gong Yoo fan since forever tbh, but Goblin really brought me back to the K drama scene in general. I adore him and I am really looking forward to talk about him and get periodical updates of his work status. I can't wait to see what he does next, I am really hoping for a good film because his taste in films is stellar. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

Hahaha. Thank you and so do you~~~:)

Ok. :)  

13 hours ago, casey1409 said:

Thank you! Will check that out ^_^

Really? Cause when i downloaded the song "the last time" i didn't know he sang it, and I  really thought that a foreigner (with a bit of a country accent) sang it... =p

You're right.

I was wondering if this was the right place to address his and kge's rumors.

I'm sorry I don't mean to keep talking about shipping, but I can't help but empathize with the shippers of GYxKGE and Shintak :(.  I think they really believe in something, and that's their driving force. Maybe they saw some off-screen chemistry? I don't know. I noticed that they are getting a lot of hate just because they believe in something. :( 

As long as you believe, then nothing else matters right? I don't know. It's hard to distinguish the tv series from reality when you see chemistry on screen and off screen. I've seen it somewhere that GY and KGE had chemistry off screen too and in the bts footage.

Yeah he and KGE are being put into a bad situation. I love GY, but it's just KGE who is getting a really nasty backlash from the rumors. I read some comments and they were so horrible I had to stop reading it was just terrible what they were saying. They acted like GY was too pure and too awesome for her to even breathe the same air with, which I think is unfair to her.

I think women always suffer the worst backlash from rumors. I think one comment from one of the netz was, "Why is she getting hate and he isn't?"

No, can't imagine what awkward and uncomfortable position he's in. I hope he's okay and resting. I think the shippers celebrated the break up because they really wanted them together. I'm not saying I think celebrating breakups is a good thing, but I just think that's the reason why they were celebrating.

I just feel sorry for her,  gy, and the fans and shippers. It must be really hard for their shippers right now. :( 

You mean Yumi is the best person for him to act with in a spinoff? She was in Train to Busan and Silenced with him. I think.

You're right I don't think he flirts with his co-actresses either.  I think he's just playful and wants to make the atmosphere good for everyone. :) 

Don't apologize for your outburst. :) 

12 hours ago, _Dokkaebi_ said:

I can't really understand fans sometimes. I mean it's perfectly all right to ship a pair or have a OTP, but to actually celebrate a breakup horrifies me. Imagine having to go through the breakup itself (doesn't have to be hard feelings or tough but generally) and people enjoying it because THEY want you to be with someone else or they think you look "better" with someone else. And tbh I was expecting people to be a bit more understanding, but it looks like knetz are just a bunch of kids who doesn't know how to keep their mouth shut when they don't have anything nice to say. So SAD. 

On another note, been a few days since I've been here, been busy and it's fun to see this thread move so QUICKLY. Hello to new fans :D

Yeah. I see your point. Welcome back, even though you're busy :) 

18 hours ago, angjay said:

@gongi stole ? hahahahahhahha

I think one of the rumors was that he stole her from her boyfriend. :( 

7 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

Please, all GY fans in this page , don't talk about shippers , dating rumors here, i know there're many fans want him with KGE ,YEH, Yumi ,or any other actress , but at the same time i don't want GY or actresses attached with these rumors got hurt , also i don't want GY fans fight or disagree because of shippers so please Focus only on GY  and waiting for the day GY himself tell us about his dating or  engagement :)

Ok, but I do think his rumors with KGE were going to come up on here sooner rather than later. They are hard to ignore. So if you ship GY with someone, don't post it here? Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't understand why discussing GY's ships would cause GY fans to fight or disagree though. What do you mean? I don't want GY or the actresses/actors to get hurt either. I will focus only him and respect your wishes. Can't wait for the day when he tells us about his dating and engagement either. :) 

I just wish this was place where even shippers are welcomed to voice their opinions on who they are shipping him with too, but I don't want to cause a fight.

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 2

@fallinlava06
Welcome to our humble forum! :)  Which is your fav movie so far and, why? 

@_Dokkaebi_
Good to see you post. :) In summary, it is hard to be a celebrity and even more so, if you are popular. Suddenly, everyone's is your good/best friend, family and/or have your 'best' interest at heart.:wink: Perhaps, this is the very reason, he prefers to be a recluse.

@anjay
The original singer of the "The Last Time" is Eric Bennett. Eric B's version is more mellow while GY's has more of the sexy jazz feel.
To be crowned a Chemi-KIng, you also need to good technical kissing skills... :wink: Similarly to be a successful flirt, you need charms too... just saying. 

I like what a senior actor said (can't remember who though), he said that everyone alway compliments actors for their good looks. But the truth is, the charisma of the actor is actually more important. And every good actor should work hard to develop their unique charisma. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

17426404_1582403761789339_76393263641305

17458295_1582404241789291_78798999014643

17362540_1582404238455958_84889201149246

17342567_1582404235122625_54766938101543

Gong yoo riding bicycle ^_^

Hehehe. He's so cute. He is love. *kisses him on the cheek*:wub:

22 hours ago, gongi said:

it will freaking expensive in SG for sure. I wish he go open that book-cafe he talked about in the People's Inside interview. GY with coffee and books = Yums.

The book cafe! I remember that. That would be so cool. Yes, GY with coffee = Yums

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

AHHHHH, I 100% AGREE. LOLs. Yes not to be listed. Yes yes yes yes yes. If I want to add, I hope there is small pond with water fountain, have this small bridge. There is playground? space for kids to play, yeah his fans also mom, heeee~~ YooMe, I think I have seen korea cloth brand have "YouMe" line. But it is ok~~

I like this kind of talk. =)

This sounds nice. :) 

Does anyone here watch Netflix? Train to Busan was added! I know I'm going to rewatch it, but with the lights on of course. I still get scared of the zombies, but seeing GY makes it all better. :) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I think one of the rumors was that he stole her from her boyfriend. :( 

darling, you mis-read me again. :(
I just happen to be talking about GDragon and his hotel + cafe. not about relationships. :S

24 minutes ago, gongi said:

The original singer of the "The Last Time" is Eric Bennett. Eric B's version is more mellow while GY's has more of the sexy jazz feel.
To be crowned a Chemi-KIng, you also need to good technical kissing skills... :wink: Similarly to be a successful flirt, you need charms too... just saying. 

I like what a senior actor said (can't remember who though), he said that everyone alway compliments actors for their good looks. But the truth is, the charisma of the actor is actually more important. And every good actor should work hard to develop their unique charisma. 

hahahahahahha you're funny

• Like 1

@everyone 
Shall we just come up with a list of topics that is not OFF for discussion here?

I would have thought that this is a general forum where we can talk about everything about GY with an open-mind. From my observation,  we really don't stay long on a single topic. Someone bring it up and we talked about it for awhile and then we move on to something else. ..so I don't think it is big deal.  At least for the regular contributors, I get the vibe that most are respectful and non-aggressive.

Shippers or non-shippers, do as you will.  I think everyone is entitled to speak up for what you believe in. If you do, you ought to be prepared for 'opposing views'.  If you are not prepared, then just keep it to yourself or just shared it with like-minded people.  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, gongi said:

@fallinlava06
Welcome to our humble forum! :)  Which is your fav movie so far and, why? 

@_Dokkaebi_
Good to see you post. :) In summary, it is hard to be a celebrity and even more so, if you are popular. Suddenly, everyone's is your good/best friend, family and/or have your 'best' interest at heart.:wink: Perhaps, this is the very reason, he prefers to be a recluse.

@anjay

I really like this, "I like what a senior actor said (can't remember who though), he said that everyone alway compliments actors for their good looks. But the truth is, the charisma of the actor is actually more important. And every good actor should work hard to develop their unique charisma. " :) 

So chemi king and has good technical kissing skills.Good technical kissing skills. Hmm...I just thought about one of his kissing scenes and my heart fluttered a bit :wink: 

19 minutes ago, angjay said:

darling, you mis-read me again. :(
I just happen to be talking about GDragon and his hotel + cafe. not about relationships. :S

hahahahahahha you're funny

Thank you for telling me, and I'm sorry. In my head, I thought you meant GY! But you meant someone else. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gongi said:

@everyone 
Shall we just come up with a list of topics that is not OFF for discussion here?

I would have thought that this is a general forum where we can talk about everything about GY with an open-mind. From my observation,  we really don't stay long on a single topic. Someone bring it up and we talked about it for awhile and then we move on to something else. ..so I don't think it is big deal.  At least for the regular contributors, I get the vibe that most are respectful and non-aggressive.

Shippers or non-shippers, do as you will.  I think everyone is entitled to speak up for what they believe in. If they do, they ought to be prepared for 'opposing views'.  If you are not prepared, then just keep it to yourself or just shared it with like-minded people.  

I agree.

So about that list, I think you should  start it :) Then others can add if they want to.

Edited by 2handsintertwined

Hello everyone :) My first post here, i have to be clear before starting to write. I am not his FAN. But i like him, say if i come across his photos/videos anywhere i open it first to see him, maybe i adore him or just curious about him, right now i am in a stage where i am not fully into him. Maybe one day i will turn into a true fan of him like y'all .

But one doubt , gosh why he looks soooo young like he's in 20's? I'm serious he doesn't look like a 30+ guy. He's handsome hahaha which brought me here. Since i am true fan of Park shin hye since ages, I just have a huge crazy wish that they will meet atleast once.(Just my opinion).

P.S I visit this thread once in a while to read about him. Must say, Y'all are doing great job supporting him. :) 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ash011 said:

Hello everyone :) My first post here, i have to be clear before starting to write. I am not his FAN. But i like him, say if i come across his photos/videos anywhere i open it first to see him, maybe i adore him or just curious about him, right now i am in a stage where i am not fully into him. Maybe one day i will turn into a true fan of him like y'all .

But one doubt , gosh why he looks soooo young like he's in 20's? I'm serious he doesn't look like a 30+ guy. He's handsome hahaha which brought me here. Since i am true fan of Park shin hye since ages, I just have a huge crazy wish that they will meet atleast once.(Just my opinion).

P.S I visit this thread once in a while to read about him. Must say, Y'all are doing great job supporting him. :) 

They already met btw. Hehehe. 

https://www.soompi.com/2015/06/01/chae-jung-ahn-recalls-how-park-shin-hye-looked-when-she-met-gong-yoo/

• Like 4