3 hours ago, innerchild said:

You seem to be angry with him all the time because of who he is? Why are you constantly complaining and trying to change him and make him into something he is not? Isn't it better to accept him just the way he is and love him for that and not love him for what YOU want him to be? Why do you like him at all, because he's handsome?  I'm honestly confused. If stanning Gong Yoo is too frustrating for you and wears you out, how about trying with some other actor who has similar personality to yours?

Don't blame her or any new fan of GY , i was just like them when i started following GY in 2014 , as international fans we always miss him & want to see him like other K actors , now i used to his private life and respect it too.

But to be honest GY is sooooooooo private , i feel GY can't deal with popularity , he doesn't love attention , i respect it so at least GY choose new project quickly i already miss U

2 hours ago, chickenwing said:

I agree with you, even though the report stated that he will see his 'international' fans, it seems like they want to see the reaction from the first 2 fan meetings and if its satisfying they will proceed with the next stop. I'm not sure if its him or Soop who wants things go this way, but looking at how LDW managed to have few fan meetings around Asia planned for the next few months, I believe Gongyoo can pull the same too as this guy was the lead actor for Goblin

i agree with u GY is waiting for reactions from HK , TW fans to have another FMs , GY is so popular now in many countries , but he doesn't appear in small events or Fan meetings  , i mean his FM 'll be big and great not only 1000 or 2000 people 'll attend like other actors but i read the capacity of his FM in HK more than 10000 , it's big number in international country

1 hour ago, lightnessofbeing said:

Other markets like Philippines and Singapore are more difficult because the ticket prices need to be high to recoup the production fees, and he has no solid fanbase there, and there have been instances of major hallyu stars' FM tickets selling badly because of high prices. If you truly want to see him, just fly to either FMs.

i can assure you GY has solid fan base in both countries you mentioned not only from Goblin but from Train To busan too , even GY name was one of the most searched people in Philippines , TTB was the most searched topic in Philippines so if GY has good opportunity he 'll go there

@staygold welcome back in GY page , i missed U :wub:

Finally, GY  has many fans now all loving him but with different ways so please respect eachother and let's focus only on GY and everyone is free to love him with the way he/she wants :blush:

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, princess nour90 said:

yes, it's drama effect , honestly i didn't expect Goblin 'll be big hit and so popular really 2016 is GY year

GY agency "Soop" chooses TW , HK cuz GY has many fans in both countries especially after Train To Busan and Goblin success , TTB was the most watched Asian Movie in HK , and GY is popular in TW since CP also all his 3 movies released in TW in 2016, He is one of new 4 hallyu kings in TW.

I think GY is tasting water first with HK , TW and waiting for their reaction to have another FMs in other countries , don't forget GY never had FM in any country except Japan so it'll be big step for him to interact with international fans . i know GY 'll start his activities in Seoul , he'll meet his fans with charity bazaar & meet them face to face instead of typical FM . And i'm sure GY 'll end his FMs in Japan

@2handsintertwined trust me "Soop Management" never releases false statement or give us false hope they're very careful & considerate with fans and media. I've big feeling GY 'll have FM in other countries

About new endorsements GY already has 9 CFs before his drama so it'll be difficult to have many new CFs i guess he'll have only 4 or 5 so total 'll be 14 or 15 CFs

Owh. I just my wish the FMs, end in Seoul, but if it in Japan also can. Because I read fanacc for Japan FM before, make me question myself, why Japan not it the list?. They didnt manage to secure sponsor yet? or because the date is still far compare to TW and HK?. Maybe JP n SK will at the end of the tour so they didnt release it yet?. Whatever it is, out of other countries, I hope for JP can secure the FM date the most.=)

Actually I saw HK FM seating plan but, it was few days back? Im not very sure. I also dont know why I didnt post it here. Is anyone want to go to HK FM here?.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

Owh. I just my wish the FMs, end in Seoul, but if it in Japan also can. Because I read fanacc for Japan FM before, make me question myself, why Japan not it the list?. They didnt manage to secure sponsor yet? or because the date is still far compare to TW and HK?. Maybe JP n SK will at the end of the tour so they didnt release it yet?. Whatever it is, out of other countries, I hope for JP can secure the FM date the most.=)

Actually I saw HK FM seating plan but, it was few days back? Im not very sure. I also dont know why I didnt post it here. Is anyone want to go to HK FM here?.

GY has many many fans in Japan , they love him so much and they're so special to GY too that's why i'm sure GY 'll end his activities in Japan and i'm sure he'll have bid FM in 2 or 3 cities in Japan as he did before

• Like 4

13 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

So you find him even more charming when he secludes himself like this. Okay, casey. Whatever you say. But this kind of person bugs me, if you had a reclusive boyfriend/husband like him and you both went out with friends and he was all quiet and reclusive at the dinner, wouldn't you be embarrassed by him? Or if someone invited you both out, but you can't go because your boyfriend/husband is allergic to outside. But you did go to say that attention is kind of like a drug and people want it more and more once they've tasted it. Yes, this right. Attention can ruin someone and it can go to ones head and make them act like arrogant and stuck-up. <_<

I have to clap for you for being so understanding of him not attending awards. Yes, let's face it. I think we all also need to face it, but it's hard for me. Oh well. You're right the popularity is usually determined by the popularity of the actor instead of recognition for the actor's job. I thought he was popular now? And more successful? Or could it be that he missed his chance to be like all the other popular actors because he didn't take popularity by the horns and eat it up as much as he could after 3 successful movies and a successful drama?

I don't know. I can't help but be mad at him for not showing up! Others probably are too. Imagine how it would feel if you were running a race and the rest of the runners didn't show up? I don't know. 

If he earned your respect then that's fine. That's very admirable.. Then he's your kind of actor and you look like you really understand him. Wow. You've managed to understand someone makes 0 sense. :o I think he is wise too and he is able to distinguish reality and showbiz. I'll give him that. Yes, your right. I too see that there's a lot pressure from the industry to mix them up, unfortunately. He does manage to keep it up. That's 1 point for him. :lol: 

I'm glad you understand. Thanks. You miss him too! Sometimes you feel like crying in the night too. A lot of people do. Do you know how many times I see "I miss GY" ? I'm like what are you doing to your fans, dude? They are out here crying for you and you just turn your back and smile in CFs as you walk down the beach holding some random girls hand. Your hair blowing in the wind. It seems lame. A 30 second cf of him doing this. I thought he was an actor like you said? Looks more like a model who is in cfs with random women as his hair blows in the wind like some movie effect. 

I agree. You'd have a higher chance with some guy in your neighborhood! And 0.000000001 % chance with a celebrity like him. Or any other celebrity. How long will we have to miss him? All of us, not just here on the forum. On twitter, instagram, and other platforms?

Like I said. Fed up. Tired. Exhausted. Tired of his bull .:grin: For me, I don't think I know how to be his fan. 

Still wants to live his life not as his stage name...Okay. Good luck to you GY!

Wow... Sounds like you really had a lot of pent up anger for him.... 0.0

Well, my fiance is sort of like how I think he is.. Secluded anti-social, shy.. and not only was he quiet, he literally followed behind me everywhere when we were out with my friends... I don't find it embarassing though.. It was kinda cute... 

Anyway.. What I said previously was just how I feel about him.. And I found (in my perception) the reason of him being how he is now.. So I accepted the fact and respected his choice.. If he was to be the anti-social celebrity... I don't think I have the rights to ask him not to do so... I mean.. I don't even have the right to change my fiance's personality whom I will be spending the rest of my life with.. What more a celebrity that I have never talked to...

I think as a GY fan, it would be easier on us if we cheer him on with his work and not ask for his private life so much.. as I don't think he's ever gonna change... (He seems like someone that would quit the industry once he fame dies down or once he dont find any enjoyment acting in front of the camera anymore...) 

I'm not gonna go through point by point on my opinion.. Cause I dont think thats the point in this forum... I just hope you'll feel better and not feel so fed up, tired, and frustrated... :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 3

Guys i need your help! 
PLEASE FOR OUR COUPLE ON THE 5th ANNUAL DRAMAFEVER AWARDS

Best Couple: Gong Yoo & Kim Go Eun
Best Actor: Gong Yoo
Best Actress: Kim Go Eun
Best Korean Melodrama: Goblin
Best Drama-Eating Scene: Goblin

PLEASE SUPPORT OTHER GOBLIN CASTS 
Best Rising Star: Yook Sung Jae
Best Bromance: Gong Yoo & Lee Dong Wook
Best Supporting Actor: Lee Dong Wook
Best Supporting Actress: Yoo In Na
-
SUPPORT THE CAST'S OTHER WORK
Best Ensemble: Cheese in the Trap (KGE)
Best Kiss: Cheese in the Trap (KGE)
Best Korean Comedy Drama: Cheese in the Trap (KGE)

Vote for them as many as you can!
Here's the link: https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

Told you before, HE HAVE NICE LEGS. LOLs.

That's all I looked at... hahahaha

Please don't take it wrongly if it offends anyone.. But I'd really like to express my thanks and I'm extremely moved :bawling:  that @innerchild and @lightnessofbeing who doesn't post much jumped out to defend GY... I was feeling a bit uncomfortable too with all the discontent on how he handles his fans:confounded:... Please let us all go back to appreciating him (or his charms :wink:) instead of focusing on our feeling of being mad/frustrated....

2 hours ago, nuryl said:

I've decided to stay silent for a few weeks but this forum has been too active... LOL. I planned to write a letter to Gong Yoo on my blog after my exam. How does that sound? Please like this post if you're supporting me. I wanna try to show my love through this letter even though he may not read it, but at least I give it a try. This will include my honest opinion about him, while trying to be as understanding as possible. 

Good Luck!! Don't forget to post the link to your blog please!

2 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

Don't blame her or any new fan of GY , i was just like them when i started following GY in 2014 , as international fans we always miss him & want to see him like other K actors , now i used to his private life and respect it too.

But to be honest GY is sooooooooo private , i feel GY can't deal with popularity , he doesn't love attention , i respect it so at least GY choose new project quickly i already miss U

Finally, GY  has many fans now all loving him but with different ways so please respect eachother and let's focus only on GY and everyone is free to love him with the way he/she wants :blush:

They should include a thumbs up emoji just for you! *like like like!

• Like 5

17362656_10155157191849628_6105459224912

17309724_10155157191894628_8163266089895

17265173_10155157192004628_5394338361940

source: Gong Yoo Squee Fest FB

Gong Yoo attended movie 'The Prison'/프리즌 VIP premiere 21/3/2017 

• Like 4

What is the cast of Coffee Prince up to today?

3dc1b70e-b66f-449d-9624-5de0f7995f24.jpg

2. Choi Han Kyul (actor Gong Yoo)

He was the unforgettable Goblin this past winter in Goblin: The Lonely and Great God. The 37 year-old star continues to be a dreamboat for K-drama fans around the world. Earlier in 2016, he released a set of action thrillers films and one romance. You may have seen him star in A Man and a Woman, Train to Busanand The Age of Shadows

https://www.dramafever.com/news/what-is-the-cast-of-coffee-prince-up-to-today-/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=DramaFever

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, angjay said:

oh...he had to mask up at the premiere. he must be feeling under the weather.

i had the same thought why GY needs to put mask at the premiere , why  he looks uncomfortable these days , why he's running like a thief why he's doing this to himself and to us too . Poor GY can't deal with his popularity that's why he always disappears:( 

But at the same time I miss u so please please GY choose new projects quickly and return with 2 movies , 1 movie not enough for me 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, princess nour90 said:

17362656_10155157191849628_6105459224912

17309724_10155157191894628_8163266089895

17265173_10155157192004628_5394338361940

Oh dear...his passion in acting is the only thing that keeps him going. Is there any possibility that there are some fanatic fans that could be dangerous to him that he has to wear the mask. I pity him so much :( 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, princess nour90 said:

ohh Hi Gongyoo! hope he enjoys his break now.
I think he might want the audience attention on the movie not on him. 

====

Lee Dongwook Fan Meeting vid. 
Gongyoo's part starts at 2:17 http://www.vlive.tv/video/25360

• Like 4

12 hours ago, innerchild said:

Guys, so sorry for barging in like this, but unless it's some internal joke that I don't get, why do I feel like this place has turned into a competition for Who's Bashing On Gong Yoo Better?:o

@2handsintertwined I'm having a problem with your posts.

You seem to be angry with him all the time because of who he is? Why are you constantly complaining and trying to change him and make him into something he is not? Isn't it better to accept him just the way he is and love him for that and not love him for what YOU want him to be? Why do you like him at all, because he's handsome?  I'm honestly confused. If stanning Gong Yoo is too frustrating for you and wears you out, how about trying with some other actor who has similar personality to yours?

Cause you obviously have totally opposite personality from Gong Yoo, therefore it's hard for you to understand him.

His behavior and the way his agency manages his image is perfectly reasonable and acceptable for me. He is an actor not fans collector, he wants to be remembered and appreciated for his acting, not his popularity and fan service. If you look at the big names of K movie industry, hardly any of them care for the awards, red carpets, photo walls at VIP premiers, popularity, fan service, SNS etc. They march to the beat of their own drums and only care about doing good job in movies/dramas they act. I absolutely respect and admire them for that! I'd rather Gong Yoo stay true to himself than present some fake image to the public and fans.

If I misinterpreted your posts, and you were trying to be sarcastic which I didn't catch, I apologize in advance.:cookie:

You're right. Celebrities are people. As time passes and I continue to be his fan, I will try to appreciate GY for the person he is, Gong Ji Chul. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lightnessofbeing said:

Hmmm, I have been coming to this thread for some old news and I happen to see some whining about him so I thought I'll register just to say something.

If you dislike the way he handles his career so much, it is better not to be his fan. Move on to other hallyu celebrities who are more eager to develop their fanbase before military service, they will do fan meets and appear on SNS regularly to keep a high profile. I heard from some old GY fans that he is really nice to them when he meets them but yes, he does need a lot of downtime between his works. He's not a young star craving adulation, he definitely wants to prove himself as an actor but he has said time and again he needs to live his life the way he wants.

Please separate his drama characters from his actual persona, and don't expect him to cater to drama fans. Not everyone is comfortable in the limelight. He has told his Korean fans many times he does not know what to perform for them in fan meetings, he cares a lot how other people feel and I get the feeling he doesn't want to disappoint his fans and waste their time. 

Please read more of his interviews (not badly translated ones please) or listen to his radio programme to understand how he feels. He is extremely accommodating and also quite candid with his fans.

You saw how shocked he actually was when he was mobbed in Sydney, he honestly didn't expect the drama to do this well internationally. Yet, he's been in show business long enough to know how hit dramas can give you a sudden surge in fame (he went through that briefly with Coffee Prince) but eventually the fans will just move on when the next hit drama comes along. His management understands this too, his agency boss has been with him for ages.

If I'm not wrong Taiwan has been confirmed first which is why Soop gave that release about international fanmeet, they are not giving people false hope, it is the same with other agencies. He is known in Taiwan since Biscuit Teacher/Coffee Prince era so naturally Soop is more confident about that market. Hong Kong is a newer fanbase but it could serve as a gateway for the Mainland fans because of the THAAD issue, (they have already bought 500 tickets from the organiser) so they are okay with that too. I'm pretty sure he will do another FM in Japan they are some of his most solid fans in Asia. Other markets like Philippines and Singapore are more difficult because the ticket prices need to be high to recoup the production fees, and he has no solid fanbase there, and there have been instances of major hallyu stars' FM tickets selling badly because of high prices. If you truly want to see him, just fly to either FMs.

He is an actor, first and foremost, and a very professional one. Don't undermine his dedication to his work, just because you cannot understand his personality.

You're right. I should empathize with him more as a human being. I guess I'm just frustrated with the lack of opportunities to see him (as an international fan). Thanks for your perspective. Really enlightening.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, casey1409 said:

Please don't take it wrongly if it offends anyone.. But I'd really like to express my thanks and I'm extremely moved :bawling:  that @innerchild and @lightnessofbeing who doesn't post much jumped out to defend GY... I was feeling a bit uncomfortable too with all the discontent on how he handles his fans:confounded:... Please let us all go back to appreciating him (or his charms :wink:) instead of focusing on our feeling of being mad/frustrated....

Sorry if my comments made you uncomfortable. That's what happens when people post their thoughts in an open space like this. I didn't mean to offend anybody. But it is helpful to hear all your inputs, especially older fans who are used to GY's behavior. I guess I just have to do the same.

7 hours ago, casey1409 said:

Wow... Sounds like you really had a lot of pent up anger for him.... 0.0

Well, my fiance is sort of like how I think he is.. Secluded anti-social, shy.. and not only was he quiet, he literally followed behind me everywhere when we were out with my friends... I don't find it embarassing though.. It was kinda cute... 

Anyway.. What I said previously was just how I feel about him.. And I found (in my perception) the reason of him being how he is now.. So I accepted the fact and respected his choice.. If he was to be the anti-social celebrity... I don't think I have the rights to ask him not to do so... I mean.. I don't even have the right to change my fiance's personality whom I will be spending the rest of my life with.. What more a celebrity that I have never talked to...

I think as a GY fan, it would be easier on us if we cheer him on with his work and not ask for his private life so much.. as I don't think he's ever gonna change... (He seems like someone that would quit the industry once he fame dies down or once he dont find any enjoyment acting in front of the camera anymore...) 

I'm not gonna go through point by point on my opinion.. Cause I dont think thats the point in this forum... I just hope you'll feel better and not feel so fed up, tired, and frustrated... :dissapointed_relieved:

Thanks for the thoughts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

i agree with u GY is waiting for reactions from HK , TW fans to have another FMs , GY is so popular now in many countries , but he doesn't appear in small events or Fan meetings  , i mean his FM 'll be big and great not only 1000 or 2000 people 'll attend like other actors but i read the capacity of his FM in HK more than 10000 , it's big number in international country

i can assure you GY has solid fan base in both countries you mentioned not only from Goblin but from Train To busan too , even GY name was one of the most searched people in Philippines , TTB was the most searched topic in Philippines so if GY has good opportunity he 'll go there

@staygold welcome back in GY page , i missed U :wub:

Thanks for sticking up for me! I think fans who are geographically separated from their idols have a unique experience, especially when there is also a language and cultural barrier. I am really frustrated by this, so it's nice to see someone who understands :(.

11 hours ago, angjay said:

@2handsintertwined y dont u go hong kong or taiwan for his fan meet ?

I can't afford the tickets(financially) and I can't afford to fly to either of those fanmeets :( 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, staygold said:

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/03/19/gong-yoo-warms-the-eyes-and-soul-in-everyday-spread-for-epigram/

She expressed it better than I could have. 

This is what he is offering, this is what he is at this point in time. Maybe tomorrow he will do a different kind of photo spread or interview. May be he won't. :D

Thank you for sharing this. My favorite thing that she said was, "swooning and more swooning over this pictorial of GY being, well, himself in all his boyish casual glory."

9 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

yes, it's drama effect , honestly i didn't expect Goblin 'll be big hit and so popular really 2016 is GY year

GY agency "Soop" chooses TW , HK cuz GY has many fans in both countries especially after Train To Busan and Goblin success , TTB was the most watched Asian Movie in HK , and GY is popular in TW since CP also all his 3 movies released in TW in 2016, He is one of new 4 hallyu kings in TW.

I think GY is tasting water first with HK , TW and waiting for their reaction to have another FMs in other countries , don't forget GY never had FM in any country except Japan so it'll be big step for him to interact with international fans . i know GY 'll start his activities in Seoul , he'll meet his fans with charity bazaar & meet them face to face instead of typical FM . And i'm sure GY 'll end his FMs in Japan

@2handsintertwined trust me "Soop Management" never releases false statement or give us false hope they're very careful & considerate with fans and media. I've big feeling GY 'll have FM in other countries

About new endorsements GY already has 9 CFs before his drama so it'll be difficult to have many new CFs i guess he'll have only 4 or 5 so total 'll be 14 or 15 CFs

Thanks. Soop Management is wise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, casey1409 said:

Just finished writing the first part here coz I was too tired of facing the books :tongue: ... I'll continue the rest of the parts later. 

https://nuryl-nurul.blogspot.ie/2017/03/letter-to-gong-yoo-part-1.html?m=1

• Like 3

hey guys, sorry if i may add my opinion too.
it's not necessary that GY is trying to hide or disappear. it's just that to juggle so many events it's not easy.
i've had my fair share of being support staff for events and the media, with some videography knowledge; so i know how it feels.

well, who doesnt want to see more of him?
shooting dramas itself; some of the scenes have to take place wee hours at night to avoid the crowd.
and also filming in Canada while everyone is sleeping in Korea.

• Like 2