Gong Yoo And Park Bo Gum’s Upcoming Sci-Fi Film Confirms December Premiere With New Posters

Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum’s new sci-fi film “Seo Bok” (literal title) will be premiering this year!

Seo Bok, which began filming last year in May, is about Ki Heon (played by Gong Yoo), a former intelligence agent who comes across mankind’s first human clone Seo Bok (played by Park Bo Gum) and becomes caught up in dangerous incidents involving several forces who are on the hunt to possess the clone.

The film’s first poster shows Ki Heon in the dark, experiencing complicated emotions. The text reads, “He lives in the present,” hinting at how Ki Heon’s encounter with Seo Bok will be “the last mission of his life.”

gong-yoo.jpg

Meanwhile, Seo Bok is said to “live forever” as “someone who never dies,” and his silhouette creates a sense of mystery. The posters raise questions about how Ki Heon and Seo Bok will interact as complete opposites.

Jo Woo Jin will also star in the film as Chief Ahn, the head of the Korean intelligence bureau who attempts to hide Seo Bok’s existence from the public.

“Seo Bok” premieres in December

https://www.soompi.com/article/1432789wpp/gong-yoo-and-park-bo-gums-upcoming-sci-fi-film-confirms-december-premiere-with-new-posters

• Like 2

Hi guys!

I've been a fan of Gong Yoo for a long time but this is my first time posting on this forum. Thanks for keeping it active, I would love to join the conversation!

He sure has an interesting line of work coming up, and I'm really excited to watch Seo Bok. He really shines as an actor when he takes on more "deep" roles. Can't wait for the trailer! 

• Like 3

[Exclusive] Park Bo-gum, Suji, Gong-Gong, Tang Wei, Jung Yu-mi, Choi Woo-sik,'Wonderland' released overseas on Netflix

Input 2020.10.22. 11:33 am

Revised October 22, 2020 11:33 am
[Star News Reporter Hyunghwa]
0002903399_001_20201022113314810.jpg?type=w430Original view
Gong and Tang Wei, Choi Woo-sik, Jung Yu-mi, Suji, Park Bo-gum, and other actors starring in'Wonderland', directed by Kim Tae-yong. 'Wonderland' will be released to the world through Netflix except Korea and China.
Director Kim Tae-yong's'Wonderland' will be released overseas through Netflix.

According to the film industry on the 22nd, investment distributor Acemaker and Netflix agreed to release'Wonderland' all over the world except Korea and China through Netflix. With this,'Wonderland' was released in theaters in Korea and released through Netflix overseas.

It is reported that China is also considering local releases in that Netflix does not provide services and Tang Wei will appear in'Wonderland'.

'Wonderland' is a film released by director Kim Tae-yong after nine years after'Late Autumn' in 2011. Through Wonderland, an artificial intelligence service, it depicts what is happening to people who are comforted by video calls with loved ones that cannot be seen in the world anymore. Suzy and Park Bo-gum, Gong Gong and Tang Wei, Jung Yu-mi and Choi Woo-sik appear.

Acemaker and Netflix have been discussing the overseas release of'Wonderland' since the early days of filming. It is said that after long negotiations, the two sides agreed to an overseas copyright contract with Netflix for about 30% of the production cost of'Wonderland'.

'Wonderland' finished filming at the end of September and is currently in post-production. The amount of Tang Wei appearances will be photographed in January of next year, and the theater will be released in the second half of next year.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002903399

• Like 2

Seobok trailer:sparklyeyes:

Everything You Need To Know About Gong Yoo And Park Bo Gum’s Sci-Fi Film, ‘Seo Bok’

The story revolves around Ki Heon (Gong Yoo), a former intelligence agent who discovers the first human clone named Seo Bok (Park Bo Gum). Several groups are on the hunt for the clone, and Ki Heon gets entangled in danger while protecting Seo Bok. Joining him is Chief Ahn (Jo Woo Jin), who hides Seo Bok from the public. The movie is the first Korean film about human cloning.

CJ Entertainment, the film's production company, just released new movie posters, and they already gave us the chills. We mean, what DO you do when you meet a human clone?!

Ki Heon is seen here caught up in a range of emotions, with the text that reads: “He lives in the present.”

While Seo Bok’s silhouette adds more mystery to his already mysterious character, along with the text “Live forever.”

In a magazine interview, Bo Gum shared that his character’s name translates to "living peacefully for a long time.” “It’s a film that allows us to think about the dignity of humanity, and it carries the message that humans shouldn’t become overly ambitious. It also allows us to think about the advancement of life science technologies.”

Seo Bok is Bo Gum’s first film after four years. The actor is currently serving in the military, but has left his fans with a slew of projects to look foward to, including: K-drama Record Of Youth with Park So Dam, and another film with Gong Yoo entitled Wonderland, where Choi Woo Shik and Bae Suzy are also confirmed to join.

Meanwhile, Gong Yoo has recently reunited with the Coffee Prince cast in a documentary, and will lead in the Netflix Original series, The Sea of Silence starring Bae Doona and Lee Joo In. He will also make a special appearance in Netflix’s Squid Game

The film is scheduled to hit South Korean theaters in December, but fingers crossed we also get a chance to catch it in the Philippines! Here are Gong Yoo and Bo Gum inviting us all to watch Seo Bok (you bet we will):

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/gong-yoo-park-bo-gum-film-seo-bok-a4575-20201021?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 5:16 PM, ElectricHearts said:

The teaser looks so good. Can't wait

:please:

Yes,i Iike it so much more than I expected :heart2beat:

On 10/21/2020 at 4:15 PM, Johnna said:

Hi guys!

I've been a fan of Gong Yoo for a long time but this is my first time posting on this forum. Thanks for keeping it active, I would love to join the conversation!

He sure has an interesting line of work coming up, and I'm really excited to watch Seo Bok. He really shines as an actor when he takes on more "deep" roles. Can't wait for the trailer! 

Welcome in gy thread , I wish you'll be more active & join your love for gy with us :heart:

And I agree with you.  I love him when he takes deep roles . He can show his emotions so well

You watch Seobok trailer or not yet ???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noor90 said:

Welcome in gy thread , I wish you'll be more active & join your love for gy with us :heart:

And I agree with you.  I love him when he takes deep roles . He can show his emotions so well

You watch Seobok trailer or not yet ???

Thank you!

Yes, I've seen the trailer, I found the version with English subtitles :thumbsup: 

I'm really excited for this movie and to see GY out and about again, promoting, doing stage greetings etc. I'm looking forward! :blush:

• Like 2

:love:

I love the new stills, and I'm really happy about the theme of the movie. So interesting and thought provoking. It might be considered quite risky and bold to take on such a subject, it's not exactly catering to the same audience as Goblin. But Gong Yoo is awsome in this type of role and I can't wait to watch it. I support him all the way.

And I feel the same about his other projects that are still in the pipeline, Wonderland and The Silent Sea.

Anyone knows how the promotion activities might look like for Seo bok? I wonder when GY and PBG recorded the messages shown recently. Didn't Park Bo Gum join the army recently? Will he get time off? I guess not right?

• Like 1

Gong Yoo, Park Bo-gum team up in film about first human clone ‘Seobok’

Actor Gong Yoo is returning to the big screen with Park Bo-gum in “Seobok,” a film about the first human clone,

The upcoming film which is set to be released in December will draw the bromance between the two main characters played by Gong Yoo and Park.

“The director told us to use Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise’s relationship in ‘Rain Man’ as our reference. In the movie, Seo-bok is constantly curious, seeing the real world for the first time, and Ki-hun becomes a little irritated by this,” Gong Yoo said during an online press conference held Tuesday.

“These are actually important emotional scenes (between the two characters) in our movie as well as the parts where the audiences can probably relax a bit. I also enjoyed filming these scenes (with Park).”

“Seobok” introduces Ki-hun (Gong Yoo) who is an ex-intelligence agent. Seo-bok (Park Bo-gum) is the first ever human clone and possesses the secret of eternal life.

Ki-hun receives his last mission from the director of the intelligence agency (played by Cho Woo-jin), to move Seo-bok, who has never known life outside of the laboratory, to a safe place.

During the conference, director Lee Yong-joo also explained why he chose to create two male main characters.

“When I was first planning the plot, I did consider setting Seo-bok as a female character (like many other films that feature the first human clones). But then, I decided to make it a male character since it could become a cliche movie if Seo-bok is a woman and there’s a romantic relationship between the two main protagonists,” director Lee said.

The film is Lee’s first since “Architecture 101,” a hit romance that came out in 2012.

The director added although the movie uses a human clone as one of its main characters, that is not the key element of the movie.

“Human clone character Seo-bok came in later,” Lee said. “I did not begin writing the script with the theme of eternal life or a human clone in my mind. The script began with my intention to write a story about human fear.”
He noted that the idea to name the clone Seobok, which came from the legend of Chinese explorer Xu Fu, came to him late on, saying it represents the fear of death and the desire to live eternally.

Xu Fu, known as “Seobok’ in Korea,” is a Qin Dynasty figure sent to Korea by Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huang to find a plant that is known for giving eternal life.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20201027000799

Actor Gong Yoo says he was drawn to Seobok's story about human fear of mortality

SEOUL, Oct. 27 (Yonhap) -- "Seobok" is one of the most anticipated blockbusters this year for its subject of the first human clone and for starring two Korean heartthrobs, Gong Yoo and Park Bo-gum.

The sci-fi action film marks Gong's return to the silver screen in about a year following the drama "Kim Ji-young: Born 1982" (2019) and Park's first release after he joined the military in August.

Gong takes the role of Ki-hun, a former agent suffering a terminal illness and assigned to take care of the first human clone, Seobok (Park), who possesses the secret to eternal life.

During an online press conference Tuesday, Gong said the upcoming film depicts the inner fear of mortality that humans entertain.

"It is not an easy and simple story. I was interested in the plot at first sight but thought it would be difficult to film it," he said. "But I was attracted by the essential value that the director wants to tell. I wanted to challenge it with him."

He said the stark contrast between Ki-hun and Seobok is the key point of the film, which is the first Korean commercial movie that deals with human cloning.

Ki-hun knows that he is going to die soon, but Seobok never dies. The two get embroiled in a series of unexpected incidents, as Ki-hun has to protect the immortal being from unknown forces.

"Ki-hun has been suffering from mental trauma, isolated from the outer world and living a lonely, painful life," said Gong, who is one of the most bankable actors in the South Korean entertainment scene for smash hits on both small and big screens, like "Train to Busan" (2016), "The Age of Shadows (2016)" and "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" (2016).

"In his end-of-life mission, he has to move the threatened Seobok to a safer place," he said. "But nothing goes as planned. The two face conflicts in the beginning of the journey but get to know each other as time goes by."

But he stressed "Seobok" is not only a film with a heavy and melancholic tone but also a sci-fi action movie featuring strong action scenes and the human-clone friendship based on the on-screen chemistry between himself and Park, two of the hottest stars in South Korea.

"The emotional change between Ki-hun and Seobok is very important in our movie," he said. "They continue to squabble over trivial things and become more reliant on each other."

The film also draws attention as the first release from director Lee Yong-joo since his 2012 hit romance "Architecture 101."

Lee said he used the cloned character of Seobok, named after a court sorcerer in the ancient Qin Dynasty of China, to reveal the deep-rooted fear about mortality even in the modern era where life expectancy reaches nearly 100 years.

"The key concept of this film is the fear that never disappears in our mind, and I chose immortality and cloning as storytelling items," said Lee. "The human clone is not the main theme of the film, and it's not a genre movie either."

"Seobok" will hit local screens in December.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20201027006100315

• Like 1

Gong Yoo, Park Bo-gum's 'Seobok' is road movie of secret agent, human clone
The sci-fi action film "Seobok," featuring Gong Yoo and Park Bo-gum, is the story of a growing relationship between a former intelligence agent who is terminally ill and the world's first human clone who possesses the secret to eternal life.

It has been garnering much attention as one of the long-awaited projects of 2020 because the two heartthrob actors are starring together in a film for the first time.

In "Seobok," Ki-heon (Gong) is given one final mission to discreetly transport Seobok (Park) to a safe place, but they find themselves in a number of life-threatening situations as other forces seek to take possession of Seobok.

Returning to the big screen a year after "Kim Ji-young, Born in 1982," Gong said he was drawn to the script, which raises philosophical questions about the future of humanity and conveys the message that humans shouldn't be overly ambitious.

"Whenever I decide to join a project, I choose one that's either inspirational or thought-provoking. If I can feel that much thought has been put into the screenplay, I'm more attracted to it," Gong said during an online press conference, Tuesday.

Describing "Seobok" as a road movie of two characters, he said, "It'll be interesting to watch the little changes in the relationship, the tiny signs, sometimes unspoken, that both are learning something."
Park didn't attend the press conference as he is currently serving his military duty in the Navy.

On behalf of Park, director Lee Yong-ju explained that "Seobok" allows us to think about the dignity of humanity and the advancement of life science technologies. Lee is well-known for the award-winning romance drama "Architecture 101."

"Seobok's character is 10 years old, but he looks much older than that because the human clone ages faster than original human being. Although Seobok lives forever, his clock runs faster than real people's," Lee said.

Jo Woo-jin stars as Ki-heon's former boss Ahn at the intelligence agency. "Ahn appears as a villain in the film. I was a bit worried that my character would be similar to the roles I've played before, but I tried to avoid cliches and relied on Lee's directing," he said.

Jang Young-nam, who left a strong impression on audiences with her psychopathic role in tvN's "It's Okay Not to Be Okay" (2020), said it was challenging to play the mysterious scientist Se-eun who creates human clone Seobok.

"It was hard to play Se-eun because she's a secretive character whose information is kept under wraps. I was unable to express my thoughts or emotions freely," she said.

"Seobok" will hit local theaters in December.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1