On 11/27/2018 at 5:32 PM, zukoren said:

I miss him... :tears: But which hairstyle do you guys prefer on him? I think my fave is the shorter one in Train to Busan he looked so manly. (yeah i'm so bored lmao)

yes , i miss him too & miss u all but i couldn't log in using my phone :tears:

Anyway , i love his hairstyle in Train to Busan & big like @2handsintertwined said

On 12/18/2018 at 5:26 PM, tok-soompi said:

When i was wondering why he did not wear a mask... i realised he is not in Korea.  Gong Yoo spotted in California. :)

i'm glad GY is having fun & traveling abroad before shooting his 2 new movies

And he was there with kim jae wook

Dueb3EkVYAAgfgx.jpg

Dueb3EiVsAA3lea.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folks.  I see that Rakuten Viki will show “A Man and a Women” soon on its streaming service.  No air date yet.  During Gong Yoo’s hiatus, I rewatched some of his works.  He was really good in Age of Shadows.  Glad I saw it again as the second time, I understood it better.  Same with Goblin.  I didn’t like the lead actress so I must have skipped over some of the episodes first time around.  This time I saw scenes I didn’t remember and I read recaps so that the story made more sense.  I found it to be a very philosophical look at death.  I am looking forward to Gong Yoo’s upcoming movie or drama with Jung Yumi.  Hope it is romantic but sounds like it might be a political statement for women’s rights.  Anyone know?  Thank you Gong Yoo for giving us the opportunity to watch to watch other dramas during your time off.  I have now seen 200 Korean dramas and movies since Viki goes with me when I travel.  Gong Yoo is at the top of my favorite actors but I now have many more to enjoy.  Can I say this here?  Jang Hyuk, Ji Sung, Kim Rae Won, ji Jin Hee, Gong Hyo Jin, Han Ji Min, Jang Nara, Jung Yumi, are among my favorites.  Gong Yoo favorite hairstyle?  Off his face! I do not particularly like bowl cut hair.  

• Like 4

On 12/28/2018 at 3:07 PM, alohagongyoo said:

Hi folks.  I see that Rakuten Viki will show “A Man and a Women” soon on its streaming service.  No air date yet.  During Gong Yoo’s hiatus, I rewatched some of his works.  He was really good in Age of Shadows.  Glad I saw it again as the second time, I understood it better.  Same with Goblin.  I didn’t like the lead actress so I must have skipped over some of the episodes first time around.  This time I saw scenes I didn’t remember and I read recaps so that the story made more sense.  I found it to be a very philosophical look at death.  I am looking forward to Gong Yoo’s upcoming movie or drama with Jung Yumi.  Hope it is romantic but sounds like it might be a political statement for women’s rights.  Anyone know?  Thank you Gong Yoo for giving us the opportunity to watch to watch other dramas during your time off.  I have now seen 200 Korean dramas and movies since Viki goes with me when I travel.  Gong Yoo is at the top of my favorite actors but I now have many more to enjoy.  Can I say this here?  Jang Hyuk, Ji Sung, Kim Rae Won, ji Jin Hee, Gong Hyo Jin, Han Ji Min, Jang Nara, Jung Yumi, are among my favorites.  Gong Yoo favorite hairstyle?  Off his face! I do not particularly like bowl cut hair.  

Wow! So you watched GY's works. I've been watching his works too. I'm still watching Biscuit Teacher Star Candy! So A Man and a Woman is going to be on Viki. But it doesn't have an air date yet. Thanks for the info! I look forward to GY's next projects too! I hope GY's projects are romantic too. I love GY romance. I want to see some kiss scenes with GY! Ok ok ok I'm creepy! Hehehe!! I think you can say your favorite actors. I'm happy you watched your favorite actors! So you don't like GY's bowl cut hair! And your favorite GY hairstyle is off his face?! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I understand! I think he looks so handsome when his hair is off his face. 

Ok this is one of the first pictures I saw of GY. I am not a long time fan of his. I love him so much. I like his eyes. So I think this is a picture of GY with his hair off his face:

Image result for gong yoo

credit to owner.pic is not mine!

1 hour ago, tok-soompi said:

How about a drama / movie for this two. 

@tok-soompi Omg! I want to see LDW/GY drama/movie too! I miss them. :bawling::wub:

But highly unlikely.... to expensive.  Haha!

@tok-soompi Expensive?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Hehehe. I think you're right :bawling:

Happy New Year to Gong Yoo and fans here!

Happy New Year to you! @tok-soompi!!!! I love you! :wub::wub:

Edit:

And happy New Year to GY and all GY fans all over the world!!!!!!!!! I miss GY oppa. I miss him. Ohhh he's so handsome and kind and sweet. Did I mention that he's handsome?! Ok. I already said that!!! Hehehehehehe! Yeah I'm crazy about GY oppa! :mask::bawling: I'm just kidding! I'm a good fan. Ahhhhhhhhhh!! I hope he's happy and healthy! :wub:

Edited by 2handsintertwined
gong yoo so handsome help me. crying right now :'(
  • Like 2

Happy new year GY & Happy new year all gy fans 

On 1/1/2019 at 3:35 AM, tok-soompi said:

How about a drama / movie for this two. 

But highly unlikely.... to expensive.  Haha!

It can happen in movies not dramas:phew:

@alohagongyoo hello, madam we miss u here. 

I wish gy& yumi 'll have romantic scene in their upcoming movie  . I'm so excited for their chemistry as a married couple  :wub:

As @2handsintertwined said i like gy romantic scenes . HE'S PERFECT. i love the way he grab & kiss  his co stars 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

January 2, 2019

Kakao M names new CEO, adds Lee Byung-hun, Gong Yoo under management

By Park Chang-young and Choi Mira Pulse News

Gong Yoo and Lee Byung-hun

Kakao M, an entertainment unit of South Korea’s top mobile messenger operator Kakao Corp., appointed Kim Sung-soo, former chief of the nation’s leading entertainment firm CJ ENM Co. as its new CEO and acquired multiple agencies managing top stars like Lee Byung-hun and Gong Yoo. 

The company announced on Wednesday that it completed appointment of Kim as its new head during a shareholders’ meeting. He has been credited for taking the nation’s content industry to the next level by spearheading many broadcasting firms including Toonivers from 1995, Onmedia from 2001 and CJ ENM from 2011. 

Kim Sung-soo
Kim Sung-soo

“I will work hard to raise competitiveness of Kakao M as a global content leader by establishing new business portfolios that will strengthen its music and video contents and boost growth potential,” he said. 

On the same day, the company completed acquisitions of BH Entertainment that manages actor Lee Byung-hun, J,Wide Company of actor Kim Tae-ri, Soop Entertainment representing actor Gong Yoo and Ready Entertainment, top caster of advertising models. With the additions, the number of celebrities under management of Kakao M has increased to more than 100. It said it took over the firms to produce original dramas featuring hallyu stars like Lee, Kim and Gong. 

Kakao M aims to become a leading distributor of Korean contents by strengthening its contents business. It also plans to produce high quality short-form contents for mobile distribution.

• Like 5

On 1/3/2019 at 1:31 AM, Noor90 said:

please can u tell me  what's the importance of Kakoa m acquires Soop management & BH entertainment cuz i can't understand

Hi @Noor90.. truthfully I have no idea on what's the importance except that I think it will be something positive for the agencies related to the movie industry and television entertainment.

Anyway, I asked a Korean fan about this since they're more familiar with Kakao and there're more Korean articles published regarding the situation. In short.. Kakao M comprises of Kakao + Daum + Melon.. Melon in particular is very successful & profitable in the music industry by having involved in all aspect of the business. Now the company is trying to simulate in movie-drama business the same way. Public is wondering whether they would acquire a channel next. Presumably it would utilize Hallyu actors/actresses in their big projects if they wish. They'd also create contents and sell them through their platform. 

As fans, we definitely hope it'll be a win-win situation between Kakao M and the actors' agencies in the long run. They would need to have some kind of agreement & contract drawn up between them in order to effectively work together and positively benefit each other.

• Like 3

This article by The Korea Herald probably explains the key points (and fans' concern) a little bit more.

January 3, 2019

Kakao M acquires 4 firms for competitive edge in video contents

Source: THE INVESTOR

Kakao M, the entertainment unit of Korea’s top mobile messenger operator, announced on Jan. 2 that it has acquired four local entertainment firms for around 50 billion won (US$44.30 million).

The firm bought 30 percent stake in BH Entertainment and J Wide-Company in September, and recently acquired the remaining shares for 18.9 billion won and 5.95 billion won, respectively. BH Entertainment is known for managing top actors, including Lee Byung-hun and Han Ga-in.

Kakao’s entertainment unit, which had 30 percent stake in Ready Entertainment, also bought all the remaining shares for 11.11 billion won in December. In addition, it has invested 14 billion won in Soop Entertainment, which manages top actors like Jeon Do-yeon and Gong Yoo, to acquire 99.36 percent stake.

“With our strength, growth potential and business portfolio in music and video content business, we aim to become the top company in cultural contents market,” Kakao M CEO Kim Sung-soo said in a statement. 

The company added that its current video production units -- Krispy Studio and Mega Monster -- will be able to create synergies through the recent acquisition as it will make the casting process easier.

The management of the four entertainment firms will remain the same even after acquisition.

As for market speculation that Kakao M plans to sell its contents to global video platform operator Netflix, like CJ ENM’s drama production subsidiary Studio Dragon, the company said it has no specific plans yet. 

“For now, we plan to make short mobile dramas for our own online platform Kakao TV and sell longer dramas to TV broadcasting firms,” a spokesperson told The Investor. 

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

@Noor90, @tok-soompi, @2handsintertwined

I enjoyed your recent comments and postings.  @rubie:  thanks for the info about the merger and buy-outs.  I hope Kakao M will produce many quality works with Gong Yoo and other elite actors and make them more available in America.  It is difficult to find the latest Korean movies in the U.S.  I watched Mr. Sunshine on Netflix.  Age of Shadows and Train to Busan are also available on Netflix.  But not Goblin.  Viki is the best service available here in Hawaii for a variety of Korean movies and TV series since Drama Fever shut down.  I am waiting for Memories of Alhambra to finish subbing and airing on Netflix then I will watch the entire series at my leisure.  I haven’t seen any posters or news/updates on Gong Yoo’s upcoming films.  Please Viki, Soompi, and Netflix:  give us some news!  Have any of you watched Love Alert with Yoon Eun Hye, our favorite Gong Yoo co-star?  

• Like 5