Quantcast

Whoa!! @2handsintertwined, that is a very long passage. :D

I love GY protray of his character in drama or in film.  He makes them feel real, like an emotion you will have if it is you.

Eg.

Coffee prince - he is having the phone call with YEH and he sang, he walk around, he shows all his excitment.  I feel how he feels... cos that is how i will feel when i fell in love.  That is my first impression of him and he never fails me afterwards.

Big - got to see different acting of GY in the same drama!! Was delighted and have many lol moments... when his soul first changed and he was so excited that he got mascular.  Hahaha

The Age of Shadow - his tormented feeling when he found out HJM was killed. Hoo hoo hoo.

Train to Busan - the look of him holding his own child for the first time... i cried bucket.

I did not watch silence yet, a movie i really wanted to watch.  But honestly due to time limitation, i usually watch movies in airplane or simply read about them.  

Here have the usual residence GY contributor: @Noor90 & @lkgy99.  They are very kind too.  I believed sometimes they are very busy as well that is why less activities seen.  Also it is frustrating if there are not many news to share.  But this no news is coming to an end.  Many GY fans will flock back in once his film or drama is in the promoting mode.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/4/2019 at 2:51 AM, staygold said:

I loved the movie too. In the end, the characters in the story chose to stick to and serve out the roles of Husband n father, and wife n mother instead of being just a man and a woman.

This film displays how well GY can portray a troubled, vulnerable and sensitive soul. He is truly capable actor. So much more than his looks i would say. He complimented Jeon Do Yeon so well on screen. A tough task cos she herself is an extremely talented actress.  

Reveal hidden contents

Ooh, thank you for posting this incredible capture of GY emoting.  This is brilliant acting.  How did he muster up this pain without having ever been in a similar situation?  (Or perhaps he has, we wouldn’t know.). I appreciate and agree with your commentary.  

• Like 4

@2handsintertwined  Thanks for your feedback on A Man and a Woman.  I agree with your assessment.  For sure both lead characters were in marriages that were lacking but in the end they chose not to be together even though they wanted each other.  They did the right thing morally even though painful.  Gong Yoo’s expression when he saw his daughter watching him at the end — he was on his way to Jeon Do-yeon but stopped dead in his tracks.  You could see his grief and regret as he drove past the taxi cab.  My heart was broken for those characters but they did what was right.  I think this is his most mature and well acted role (better than Goblin and Train to Busan) but Coffee Prince remains my favorite series of his.  Who could resist him?  

• Like 4

Park Bo Gum And Gong Yoo To Co-Star In Upcoming Film “Seo Bok”

“Wow daebak. Director Lee Yong Ju, Park Bo Gum and Gong Yoo?”

Actor Park Bo Gum andGong Yoo will reportedly be co-starring in the upcoming film, Seo Bok.

Seo Bok tells the story of a former intelligence agent, Ki Heon, and humankind’s first human clone, Seo Bok, who has the secret to eternal life. Gong Yoo will be playing the role of Ki Heon and Park Bo Gum the role of Seo Bok.

gongyoo-bogum

Gong Yoo had agreed to star in the film in August 2018 and Lee Yong Ju, director of Architecture 101, has since been making a huge effort to cast Park Bo Gum as the role of Seo Bok.

Park Bo Gum had apparently received a proposal for the role in 2017, but respectfully turned it down. However, Lee Yong Ju had revised the scenario multiple times in hopes to change Park Bo Gum’s mind. The initially-planned scenario has been completely revised as a result.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/park-bo-gum-gong-yoo-film-seo-bok-lee-yong-ju/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Noor90 said:

Park Bo Gum And Gong Yoo To Co-Star In Upcoming Film “Seo Bok”

“Wow daebak. Director Lee Yong Ju, Park Bo Gum and Gong Yoo?”

Actor Park Bo Gum andGong Yoo will reportedly be co-starring in the upcoming film, Seo Bok.

Seo Bok tells the story of a former intelligence agent, Ki Heon, and humankind’s first human clone, Seo Bok, who has the secret to eternal life. Gong Yoo will be playing the role of Ki Heon and Park Bo Gum the role of Seo Bok.

gongyoo-bogum

Gong Yoo had agreed to star in the film in August 2018 and Lee Yong Ju, director of Architecture 101, has since been making a huge effort to cast Park Bo Gum as the role of Seo Bok.

Park Bo Gum had apparently received a proposal for the role in 2017, but respectfully turned it down. However, Lee Yong Ju had revised the scenario multiple times in hopes to change Park Bo Gum’s mind. The initially-planned scenario has been completely revised as a result.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/park-bo-gum-gong-yoo-film-seo-bok-lee-yong-ju/

Wow, way cool!!!  I finished “Encounter” with PBG playing Song Hye Kyo’s boyfriend.  He nailed his role.  I have been rewatching Coffee Prince and smiling and smiling.  Gong Yoo is irrisistible.  I also continue to watch Memories of the Alhambra with my husband.  Anyone have recommendations for future viewing?  

• Like 3

come share your love for gong yoo and all things soompi!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Park Bo Gum In Talks To Join Gong Yoo In Upcoming Film About Clones

Park Bo Gum In Talks To Join Gong Yoo In Upcoming Film About Clones

by D. S.kim

Park Bo Gum is currently reviewing an offer that might lead to his long-awaited return to the silver screen!

On February 7, news outlet OSEN reported that Park Bo Gum was confirmed to star in upcoming film “Seo Bok.” In response, a representative of Park Bo Gum stated, “He received an offer [for ‘Seo Bok’] and is positively reviewing it.”

“Seo Bok” will tell the story of Ki Heon (Gong Yoo), a former intelligence agent who gets caught up in dangerous incidents involving mankind’s first human clone Seo Bok and several forces who are on a hunt to possess it. Park Bo Gum reportedly received an offer for the role of Seo Bok.

If Park Bo Gum accepts the offer, he will be working together with Gong Yoo, who will also be makinghis comeback to the big screen for the first time in three years. The upcoming film will be helmed by Lee Yong Joo, the director behind the popular 2012 film “Architecture 101.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302043wpp/park-bo-gum-in-talks-to-join-gong-yoo-in-upcoming-film-about-clones

Other Articles 

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/02/07/park-bo-gum-joins-gong-yoo-in-the-sci-fi-k-movie-seo-bok-about-clones-and-eternal-life/

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/park-bo-gum-gong-yoo-film-seo-bok-a483-20190208

• Like 2

Wow, this thread was started in 2006! 

Hello, everyone! :D I'm so new here that I even feel a bit nervous. So many like-minded people, I'm excited! I want to read each and every post! :lol:Whoa, what I feel right now I can relate it to "missing a live broadcast of a very exciting tennis match". I would still enjoy watching it a lot but it hurts that I couldn't watch it live. 

Truthfully, I watched Coffee Prince 8 years ago for the first time when I was just a kid, my older sisters made me watch few Korean dramas to make me more interested in learning Korean. Honestly, at that time that tactics backfired :sweatingbullets: however, even then I gave CP thumbs up. But as ignorant or innocent as I was I didn't notice GY. I think I even made fun of too much of skin show by the male lead. LOL 

After all these years I decided to pick up Korean again and I watched CP again besides watching many other K dramas. I couldn't believe how good he was in that and what an impressive voice he had. But what made me really into Gong Yoo is BiscuitTeacher and Star Candy. It didn't even feel like he was acting he made the character appear so real. So after that I started to check pics and gifs of him and whoa, he looks so damn dashing now!:flushed:  in all my life so far he is the  only celebrity from any part of the world that I find so desirable. God, he is so much older. This is the first time I can understand my friends and sisters how they feel about their favorite celebrities. 

I'm kind of happy too that I noticed him so late and on that this year... There are plenty of his works I can watch without waiting and this is the year he comes back after his now usual long breaks. Yay!:lol::lol::lol:

I wish you all a happy 공 유 year!!:heart::D

Edited by neayein
Wrong name
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, neayein said:

Wow, this thread was started in 2006! 

Hello, everyone! :D I'm so new here that I even feel a bit nervous. So many like-minded people, I'm excited! I want to read each and every post! :lol:Whoa, what I feel right now I can relate it to "missing a live broadcast of a very exciting tennis match". I would still enjoy watching it a lot but it hurts that I couldn't watch it live. 

Truthfully, I watched Coffee Prince 8 years ago for the first time when I was just a kid, my older sisters made me watch few Korean dramas to make me more interested in learning Korean. Honestly, at that time that tactics backfired :sweatingbullets: however, even then I gave CP thumbs up. But as ignorant or innocent as I was I didn't notice GY. I think I even made fun of too much of skin show by the male lead. LOL 

After all these years I decided to pick up Korean again and I watched CP again besides watching many other K dramas. I couldn't believe how good he was in that and what an impressive voice he had. But what made me really into Gong Yoo is BiscuitTeacher and Star Candy. It didn't even feel like he was acting he made the character appear so real. So after that I started to check pics and gifs of him and whoa, he looks so damn dashing now!:flushed:  in all my life so far he is the  only celebrity from any part of the world that I find so desirable. God, he is so much older. This is the first time I can understand my friends and sisters how they feel about their favorite celebrities. 

I'm kind of happy too that I noticed him so late and on that this year... There are plenty of his works I can watch without waiting and this is the year he comes back after his now usual long breaks. Yay!:lol::lol::lol:

I wish you all a happy 공 유 year!!:heart::D

Haha, to you young gals, he is old.  To this grandma (me), he is young.  Regardless of age, all of us have a crush on Gong Yoo, especially when he plays romantic comedy roles.  But he excels in all genres of film as you will see as you go through his repertoire.  I wonder if he is as carefree, natural, and affectionate with his friends, especially women, as he was in Coffee Prince and Star Bisquit.  I hope so and imagine so. I just found S-Diary on YouTube and will watch it soon.  The clips of him dancing were soooo sexy and cute, he has good rhythm!  I am so looking forward to his upcoming films with Jung Yumi and Park Bo Gum.  We all are.  We have been in a Gong Yoo drought!  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/8/2019 at 2:45 AM, tok-soompi said:

@alohagongyoo, you can consider to watch 

Reveal hidden contents

The fiery Priest, Item, The light in your eyes, Touch your hearts, Romance is a Bonus Book.

Thank you @tok-soompi!  I appreciate your recommendations.  You must have enjoyed those series.  I am so happy with Rakuten Viki which has given me hours and hours of good viewing and variety.  I no longer watch trashy American programs.  I enjoy British productions and Korean the most.  I have now seen over 200 Korean series and movies.  My husband even watches sometimes.  We watched Mr. Sunshine on Netflix, very entertaining. He has watched Coffee Prince too.  So many dramas, so little time!

• LOL 2

I have been trying to find Screen with eng sub, but I can't seem to find it anywhere:bawling: I thought this weekend I would watch OFD first but the pics suggest that it has a sad story...:cold_sweat:.I don't like to read the story before watching, so I will watch that one later.

Please, please somebody suggest me where can I find Screen with eng sub?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Gong Yoo From The Filming Set Of " Kim Ji Young Born 1982"

• Like 2

Thay Mentioned Gong Yoo about most handsome men in asia

• Love 1