‘Seobok’ Opens at Top of Korea Box Office Despite Simultaneous Online Launch

By Patrick Frater

•  
Seobok
Courtesy of CJ Entertainment

Hotly-anticipated thriller “Seobok” opened on top of the box office in South Korea over the weekend, despite also premiering on streaming video. It was comfortably ahead of second-placed film, another new release, “Detective Conan: The Scarlett Bullet.”

Together the top two films managed to return overall theatrical revenues back to the depressed range that they have been stuck in since the beginning of the year, but below which they dipped on the previous weekend.

“Seobok” earned $1.43 million over the weekend, and $1.81 million in the four days since its Thursday release. That gave it a 41% share of the weekend box office. “Detective Conan,” which released on Friday, took $674,00 for a $19% market share.

They displaced the previous weekend winner “Book of Fish,” which slipped to fifth place with $183,000, and “Godzilla vs. Kong,” which fell to sixth spot in its fourth weekend on release. It earned $160,000, a drop of 67%, producing a cumulative total of $5.93 million. “Book of Fish” has hooked $2.40 million after two weekends.

Two other films retained their places in the top five: long-running “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” and unlikely U.S. action thriller “Nobody.” “Demon Slayer” added $300,000 for a $14.8 million running total since its release in January. Bob Odenkirk-starring “Nobody” is on $969,000.

“Seobok” stars Gong Yoo and Park Bo-gum as retired security agent who is taked with moving the first human clone to a safe place. It was due to have opened last year, but was delayed by the impact of coronavirus on film releasing and cinema audiences. While it is one of the biggest local films to release in Korea in 2021, rights owner CJ ENM took the decision to hedge its bets and also give the film an online launch. The company has not disclosed the number of times “Seobok” has been viewed on its TVing platform.

Despite a virus control situation that would be the envy of many other countries, Korean audiences have not returned to cinemas en masse. Theatrical box office has been stuck in range of $3.0 million to $4.5 million for most of the year to date. The previous weekend, with “Book of Fish” the lead local title, cumulative nationwide box office dropped to just $2 million.

https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/seobok-opens-at-top-of-korea-box-office-1234954473/

• Like 1

Gong Gong, selected as Chanel Watch & Jewelry Ambassador "I'm glad to be together"

Gong Yooo in the pictorial released through the May issue of fashion magazine'Elle' was with J12, an icon of Chanel's watch. Through this, he announced his first steps with Chanel.

Gong Gong is the best actor in Korea with solid filmography, showing a professionalism in every moment with abundant acting skills, and through this pictorial, she perfectly embodies Chanel's elegant and eternal values.

Gong, who finished her first work with Chanel, said, “I am very happy to be with Chanel House. I think Chanel is an iconic brand with a rich heritage and at the same time shows modernity. I look forward to a new journey with Chanel.”

Meanwhile, Gong Gong is currently starring in the movie'Seobok' and recently finished filming the Netflix original series'Sea of Silence'.

• Like 1

'Humans are weaklings': Gong Yoo on his takeaway from his new movie Seo Bok

kar_peng.png?itok=pYD85j_SAPRIL 21, 2021PUBLISHED AT 6:02 PMByKWOK KAR PENGASIAONE

banner_telegram.svg

Earlier this month at a press conference in Seoul to promote his new film Seo Bok, Gong Yoo jokingly complained that a big chunk of his opening scene was chopped off.

He said it was the first scene he filmed, where his character Ki-hun hugged a toilet bowl and threw up. The 41-year-old deliberately lost weight to better portray Ki-hun, who has a brain tumour and doesn't have long to live.

More from AsiaOneRead the condensed version of this story, and other top stories with NewsLite.

"My neck hurt for a whole week after I filmed that scene," Gong Yoo said.

Director Lee Yong-ju explained he was worried some viewers would think Ki-hun is throwing up from a hangover, so he made the hard call to forgo that scene.

In the film, which opened in Singapore last week, Gong Yoo plays ex-intelligence agent Ki-hun, who has to protect Seo Bok (Park Bo-gum), the first-ever human clone who is gifted with the secret to eternal life.

In a video interview provided to AsiaOne, Gong Yoo said Ki-hun has a dark history that traumatises him and he had to isolate himself from the world.

"Even though you wouldn't know what he had fully gone through in his past, you kind of know he has survived many painful days. I want to relay that impression to the audience in Ki-hun's first appearance, so I made my expressions look more gloomy, sadder, and more tired than a normal person," he said.

"I put in a lot of effort to make sure that Ki-hun made people feel he is living a hard life just by looking at his face."

20210421_gong2.jpg Gong Yoo and Park Bo-gum in a movie still from Seo Bok. PHOTO: Golden Village

Seo Bok talks about life and death, and Gong Yoo thinks audiences might have a highly different and extreme interpretation of the film, based on their individual perspective of things.

His main takeaway of the movie is this: "Humans are weaklings who have a limit on the length of their lives and they cannot escape from this fear that their lives would end one day.

"Similar to facing death, I think it is also equally important how we overcome that fear itself. More important than questioning how long we can live for, this movie makes me ponder how we should best live for now, knowing that we have limited time."

Watch our video to hear more from Gong Yoo on the film and working with Bo-gum.

Seo Bok is now showing in theatres in Singapore.

ALSO READ: What's the 1 thing that Gong Yoo really wants but can't get?

20210421_gong3.jpg Gong Yoo in a movie still from Seo Bok. PHOTO: Golden Village

kwokkarpeng@asiaone.com

• Like 1

NEWS

Posted by AmieAmore   3 hours ago

Film 'Seobok' starring Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum did not fail to impress their viewers

AKP STAFF

1619213964-image.png

Want to know how the anticipated new blockbuster sci-fi film 'Seobok,' starring Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum, is being received after its recent premiere?

'Seobok' premiered back on April 15, amidst high anticipation from fans. After the premiering, the film did not fail to impress the viewers as it received 9.51 out of 10 on a movie rating site.

1619214636-image.png1619214639-image.png

Most viewers gave a high review of the film as they commented, "It is a well-made movie," "The mood of the film combined with the actors' acting skills made the film perfect," "This film leaves a lingering feeling that makes me keep thinking about the movie," "This movie really got me thinking about life and death," and "It's Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum, what more do you need?"

NEWS

Posted by AmieAmore   3 hours ago

Film 'Seobok' starring Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum did not fail to impress their viewers

AKP STAFF

Spoiler

1619213964-image.png

Want to know how the anticipated new blockbuster sci-fi film 'Seobok,' starring Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum, is being received after its recent premiere?

'Seobok' premiered back on April 15, amidst high anticipation from fans. After the premiering, the film did not fail to impress the viewers as it received 9.51 out of 10 on a movie rating site.

Spoiler

1619214636-image.png1619214639-image.png

Most viewers gave a high review of the film as they commented, "It is a well-made movie," "The mood of the film combined with the actors' acting skills made the film perfect," "This film leaves a lingering feeling that makes me keep thinking about the movie," "This movie really got me thinking about life and death," and "It's Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum, what more do you need?"

Spoiler

1619214658-image.png

Still, there were viewers who were a bit disappointed as they watched the film with too much expectation. They commented, "I'm Park Bo Gum's fan but it was okay," "I think I expected too much so maybe that's why I was disappointed," and, "I think this is a film I would watch to pass the time." However, the overall review was positive as many viewers liked the film. 

To find out how great a chemistry Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum had together, make sure to watch 'Seobok' for yourself when you get the chance!

Edited by serenilmauve
Please follow soompi rules and hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags! Thanks!
  • Like 1

10 days after Seobok has managed to secure its  gargantuan budget of 16 Million US dollars. It is also the first Korean movie shown simultaneously in the theaters and online streaming platform-- a strategy that has proven to be successful. It is a must-watch movie, I ma not telling this because I am a fan, because it is truly a heart-wrenching drama. 

320,000 audiences in 10 days... 'Seobok's experiment' successful

The first Korean movie'Theatre ·OTT' simultaneous release In TVing it is also ranked No. 1 in real-time popular movie. It has  recouped the production cost and created competitive advantage in OTT. The Film industry “Theatre·OTT  strategy is considered a  win-win growth”.
0000905823_001_20210426065807912.jpg?type=w430Original view
A scene from the movie'Seobok'. Photo provided | Teabing
Gong Gong and Park Bo Gum's lead film'Seobok' exceeded 320,000 people nationwide at the theater until the 25th. However, the meaning of the numbers is not simple. In a situation where the movie could not be released due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection (Corona 19),'Seobok' chose an alternative that was simultaneously released at the domestic OTT (online video streaming service) TVing along with the theater on the 15th. It is the first Korean film to be released, which is markedly different from the previous one. It is pointed out that the experiment and results of'Seobok' will have no small impact on the overall Korean film industry in the future.

Prove your thirst for new releases

'Seobok' is a work that asks about the human finiteness of death through the dangerous situation faced by Seobok, the first cloned human being, and a former intelligence agent. Gong Gong and Bogum Park raised expectations by acting as an intelligence agent and Seobok, respectively. At the end of last year, the theater was announced, but after delaying the schedule due to the Corona 19 incident, a new method of disclosure was chosen.

The movie attracted 320,000 theater audiences over the next 10 days, and as of the 25th in Teabing, it is ranked No. 1 in'Real-Time Popular Movies'. The number of theater audiences has recently been higher than that of new releases. Even though there is another platform called OTT, this achievement is considered as another example that shows that audience thirst for a new release was great, like the ‘Jasan Abo’, which was released at the end of March through the aftermath of the spread of infectious diseases.

“Theatre+OTT, keep going”
CJ Entertainment, an investment distributor of'Seobok', will also release the romance movie'Happy New Year', which is recently filmed by director Kwak Jae-yong of'The Strange Girl' with Han Ji-min, Kang Haneul, and Lim Yoon-ah, at the theater and teabing at the end of this year. On the 25th, CJ Entertainment team leader Seong-gon Jeon said, "It is a method agreed with the producer and Teabing side," and said, "It is a judgment that it will appeal to OTT in the year-end season with the theater. Through this, the production cost was recovered, and Teabing was also a strategy to gain an edge in the content competition with other OTT such as Netflix.

The film industry expects this method to be gradually expanded.

In a recent'Newsletter', the Korea Film Promotion Committee said that'Seobok' is a "signal of the change in the structure of the Korean film industry," and "accommodating the rapid change in viewing behavior of the audience, it has become an essential element of coexistence between theaters and OTTs." Evaluated. In the film industry, as the environment of theaters and media platforms changes, it is predicted that such multi-platform use will eventually become common. One movie official said, "Theatres and OTT will be another basis for the supply and demand of new contents, and investment distributors and production companies will continue the production and investment distribution business."

Reporter Yoon Yeo-su tadada@donga.com
  • Like 1

STAR
At this moment, the sincerity of Gong Yoo
Be conscientious, don't pretend to have what you don't have, be as lie as possible. The share of watching YouTube more than TV these days is quite accurate at this moment.

BY ELLE 2021.04.

This is my first shoot with Chanel J12. A wristwatch is a symbolic accessory for men.
I was able to show you that first meeting through 〈Elle〉. I also thought I could have a watch of my own only after I was in my 30s. In that sense, there is meaning and attachment. It's also the only accessory that suits my taste, who like simple things. 

It is said that the original thing is not greedy. Except for sneakers 
I think hats and sneakers have been collected for 20 years. I thought my greed for shoes had been put down now, but it was an illusion. Some time ago, after watching 〈Michael Jordan: The Last Dance〉 on Netflix, it lit up again. 

Q: Was there anything I was coveting at the shooting location today? It was a space full of design by Dieter Rams.

LP players caught my eye. There is a strange sense of stability provided by analog sound. I'm thinking of getting it when there's a space that I want to be my home someday.  

The J12 black watch set with a black lacquered dial, steel case and black ceramic cabochon by Chanel Watches.

The J12 black watch set with a black lacquered dial, steel case and black ceramic cabochon by Chanel Watches.

Q: You just finished filming 〈Sea of Silence〉. 

This is my first time to challenge the Netflix original series. It felt like a movie set. Since there is no risk of the timing of disclosure, I thought it was a choice that fits well with these days. Like a joke, acquaintances say that they have foresight. 

Q: The producer and director is also actor Jung Woo-sung. 

As the main character of the work, not as a junior actor, he treated us first, so it was comfortable for me and (Bae) Doona. I've always been interested in planning and production, but when I saw Woosung's hyung, I got a lot of thoughts. I thought that if I didn't have that much enthusiasm and determination, I shouldn't mess around with it. 

Q: When Doona Bae appeared in'Lee Jun's Young Street', it became a hot topic to send a text message to the radio. 

We talk about small schedules with each other at the set. So I knew the schedules of the two. I was left alone in the dorm and said, “How do you listen to that?” “How do I send a text message?” And playfulness was triggered. It was fun because I kept sending it until I realized it was me, and reading it right away. The next day, Mr. Duna said thank you (laughs). 

The J12 white watch in white ceramic with self-winding mechanical movement Manufacture Caliber 12.1 is Chanel Watches.

The J12 white watch in white ceramic with self-winding mechanical movement Manufacture Caliber 12.1 is Chanel Watches.

The ceramic J12 white watch with automatic movement is Chanel Watches.  The beige color knit is Barrie.

The ceramic J12 white watch with automatic movement is Chanel Watches. The beige color knit is Barrie.

It is known that he maintains a strong relationship with the actors who appeared with him for a long period of time. Is there any intentional effort 
They are wary of being awkward or uncomfortable with each other. It doesn't really help you work. Rather than expecting the other person to fit me, whether it's a junior or senior, I watch carefully at first. Different people have different speeds. Then it fits naturally. On the line where I am not very difficult. Most of the time, it wasn't too hard. I can't define whether the intentions were mixed there, but I think the other person will feel enough. A relationship is formed when we exchange that sincerity with each other.

Q:  For a successful male actor in his 40s, there are many things people expect besides his skills. Manners, moderate seriousness, sense of humor... . Are there times when it is burdensome to play such a role? It looked very natural on the set today 

What exactly do people expect from me? If it looked natural today, it would be because it wasn't intended. It's not burdensome to do that. The burden is when people expect more than I have and their fantasy. I know I'm not up to that. Maybe that's why it's more purposeful and natural. 'Don't expect','I'm not that great person'. If you don't know, you don't know, honestly. 

Q: Finally, 〈Seobok〉 will be released. Kiheon is a character that has changed into a personality that is reflected in the movie after the sentence of the deadline. If you go through a difficult event, will you be very different from your former self? 

If we are humans, maybe we will be affected. I am cautious to say the situation in which Kiheon is facing, because it is a vague imagination to me. After that time, I was a little different. The way I look at things changed a little, I tried to have a broader perspective, and I became more inclusive of the other person. It's a clichéd expression (laughs). Even now, I am still a person with strong likes and dislikes. Nevertheless, I feel that the old corners are being cut and softened little by little.

Spoiler

Featuring a black and white ceramic and lacquered dial, the J12 Paradox watch is Chanel Watches.

Featuring a black and white ceramic and lacquered dial, the J12 Paradox watch is Chanel Watches.

The J12 white watch set with a white lacquered dial and white ceramic cabochon by Chanel Watches.  The blue-toned block knit cardigan is Barrie.

The J12 white watch set with a white lacquered dial and white ceramic cabochon by Chanel Watches. The blue-toned block knit cardigan is Barrie.

Q: How much do you sympathize with the phrase'time is medicine' 

It's ambiguous. In the end, that's correct. Oddly enough, it's okay after passing. I see why people say'this will also pass'. However, those words are not heard by the person in the ear. So I don't think it's such a good consolation. Being quietly at the right distance, so approaching the person when they need it. That's my way. 

Q:As an ambassador that determines the sentiment of 〈Seobok〉, Dr. Seeun Lim (Youngnam Jang) said, “Aren’t people so scared? I have a lot of greedy.” Everyone knows that life is finite, but I think the position of an actor who has to immerse himself in such a situation and think about it will be different. 

After all, aren't all humans essentially similar? Because life will end someday. There is a fear of that finiteness. That becomes greed. No matter how much you empty and put it down, there are parts that don't work like that. I am no exception. So, I was more interested in this work, which contained concerns about'how to live'. As I was constantly worrying about my aging and life, I think the director and my thoughts matched well. I like works that can be viewed in a comfortable manner, but the works that make me more troubled are becoming more and more valuable. It's up to the filmmakers to know how to put it into their work so that more people can tell this story. 

Q: By the way, I watched a video on YouTube called'The reaction of teenagers to seeing the creepy preservative beauty of sharing' 

I saw it too. Is this a video of the children saying this or that after watching <Coffee Prince 1st Store>? Because I watch YouTube more than TV (laughs)... . Was it fun? I laughed a lot while watching. I also like the'ODG' channel. I remember singer Kim Bum-soo's side, and seeing my middle and high school students give me a word at a time to his worries, it was healed.  

Spoiler

The J12 black watch set with 12 diamond indicators is Chanel Watches.

The J12 black watch set with 12 diamond indicators is Chanel Watches.

The J12 white watch with a white ceramic bracelet and a steel triple-folding buckle is Chanel Watches.

The J12 white watch with a white ceramic bracelet and a steel triple-folding buckle is Chanel Watches.

Q: It’s the 20th anniversary of our debut this year. 
There is no tremendous inspiration. Nothing specially planned. I just think about this. You've been around for quite a while, will you be able to go to the 30th anniversary? Do you want to go? 10 years after the 30th anniversary, I'm in my early 50's. Oh, you have to be careful with words like this... . I do not know. Are you still acting? It may not be as vigorous as it is now. 

I think the saying, “I want to use that influence when there is something (to me) popularity” is true to Gong. I have experienced the experience of the movie 〈Crucible〉, which started out from the planning process, eventually leading to the enactment of related laws. How does that sense of accomplishment remain with you now 
I have a sense of confidence that this is also possible. This is also a consequential story, but even if the movie didn't hit the box office or led to the'Crucible Prevention Act', I still want to participate when there's something that needs me. I think it's one of the cool things an actor can do when a lot of people look at me. It's natural, but it's also that much difficult. 

Q: When I hear the news that you are appearing in the movie 〈82-year-old Kim Ji-young〉, a strangely reassuring heart suddenly comes to mind. 

It can have a similar texture. However, I don't want to be trapped in my arguments and throw a story like a declaration of war. Movies are the director's art and I am a medium. I want to be projected onto the role naturally. Of course, my disposition and sensibility will be buried there. The works I choose will probably continue to be varied in the future, but there will surely be a point of contact even if it is very small. And there may be parts that I can only tell you, whether or not I can tell you the reasons for the choice. However, I don't want to force myself to say that just because it is meaningful to me, it will be meaningful to everyone.  

Spoiler

Chanel Watches.

Chanel Watches.

The ceramic J12 black watch with a 200m water resistance, steel case and automatic movement is presented by Chanel Watches.

The ceramic J12 black watch with a 200m water resistance, steel case and automatic movement is presented by Chanel Watches.

The J12 Paradox watch in a black & white ceramic material is Chanel Watches.

The J12 Paradox watch in a black & white ceramic material is Chanel Watches.

Personally, the works that I feel have become a turning point in my life as an actor 
I think this is also a 〈crucible〉. It's the only movie that started because of me, so it's uniquely meaningful. I'm not drunk with the fact that I've done something. Rather, you should never take this job lightly, it was a work that gave you such a sense of awareness and responsibility. 

Q: The phrase'the appearance of a young boy and a relaxed adult coexist' is the best expression of the charm of sharing. Is it a good word for you to be like a boy? 

Not bad. Even old acquaintances say that they have a bright side compared to their age. It's hard to be honest when you're in a social life and hurt and hurt in various relationships. Still, I tend to try not to wear a mask as much as possible. There is, of course, a moment when you have to use it. I'm trying to try. In the past, I was upset if the other person didn't believe in my heart like this. After all, people don't like my heart, they all think they're the same, while doing (laughs). But I don't dwell on it now. I couldn't convince them, and even if I did, they didn't change their minds. 

Q: When did you put it down properly 

Not long ago. It's still not perfect now. People who talk lightly often think that it is because the person is intolerant. I have an impression of the award from Denzel Washington. “The narrow-minded people talk about others, the good people talk about events, and the great people talk ideas.” I really liked this word. I also saw this on YouTube (laughs). 

Spoiler

The J12 white watch with automatic movement and mechanical self-winding Manufacture Caliber 12.1 is Chanel Watches.

The J12 white watch with automatic movement and mechanical self-winding Manufacture Caliber 12.1 is Chanel Watches.

The J12 black watch with a steel one-way rotating bezel is Chanel Watches.

The J12 black watch with a steel one-way rotating bezel is Chanel Watches.

Chanel Watches J12 Phantom Watch with black highly-resistant ceramic and steel case and black lacquered dial.

Chanel Watches J12 Phantom Watch with black highly-resistant ceramic and steel case and black lacquered dial.

Q: Nevertheless, when watching sports games, will it still be fun? I searched for'Golden State Warrior (Goals)', known as a longtime fan, and saw an article saying that I lost to the away team by 53 points.

I have a YouTube account that uploads the highlight video of'Goals' after the game, and he said,'I don't upload today because it's not worth posting the highlights' on that day. Really'bread' burst. In fact, Goals' goal this season is not to win. Still, it's a dynasty that once won three championships, and it's a pity to want to go to the playoffs as well. With a humble mind, waking up in the morning, wearing a jersey of'Goals' by yourself, shouting and cheering for the finals, now that's not happening. 

Q: On the other hand, they said that fishing is a fight alone. 

Fishing is a wait rather than a fight (laughs). There is also a so-called'Bam Day' when you can't catch anything. If that was too painful, I probably wouldn't go fishing again. But on the return ship, I thought about this and that and said,'Yeah, there is a tomorrow. Tomorrow's sea will be different again.' I keep doing it because I change my mind like this. I think that the continuation of that heart is similar to living. 

I feel that I am a person with a desire to be a better person and a good person. Not everyone has such a sense of improvement or conviction. 
If I had not been an actor, I could have become the father of a child, or I could have succeeded in other occupations. However, I was able to act in front of the majority, and I was loved and loved by so many people. Including my parents, I have been with me for a long time and there are people who support me. This is what drives me to become more mature. They made me a better person. I want to be someone who is never ashamed of them. 

Q: What makes you ashamed 
I do not know. First of all, I never want to be a strong class to the strong and weak to the weak... . I don't want to pretend to know what I don't know or to pretend to have what I don't have. In the end, someone who is not ashamed of my standards and common sense. As much as possible without lying, conscientiously, and not harming others... . I want to find the correct word, but I don't have a good word. So I tried to tell you what I thought of. Yes, I am. 
Edited by serenilmauve
  • Like 1

Park Bo Gum Talks About His Film “Seobok,” His Impressions Working With Gong Yoo, And More

Park Bo Gum took part in an interview where he talked about his recent movie “Seobok”!

“Seobok,” which premiered on April 15, is a sci-fi film about a former intelligence agent named Ki Heon (Gong Yoo) who, for the final mission of his life, is tasked with ensuring the safe transportation of mankind’s first human clone. Park Bo Gum stars as the titular clone Seobok, the target of many forces seeking to steal the clone for themselves.

In the interview, which took place before Park Bo Gum’s enlistment last August, the actor spoke about the reason why he decided to take part in the film. “What makes us human? Why do we need bioethics in science? ‘Seobok’ gave me time to think about humans and our lives,” he commented.

When asked about how he felt making his first appearance in a feature film, Park Bo Gum responded, “Since I was working together with director Lee Yong Joo and other senior actors, I was able to trust in them and immerse myself in my role. Whenever I prepare for a production my attitude is always the same. Since I believe that a production is not something I do alone, but rather something that everyone works toward together, I work to do my best in the situation I’m placed in.”

Park-Bo-Gum-2.jpg

As for how he prepared for his role as Seobok, Park Bo Gum shared, “Portraying the character of Seobok wasn’t easy. Like a child who matured too quickly, he’s a character who has to constantly worry and anguish over his life and fate. I constructed the character over numerous conversations with the director. He told me that he would like if Seobok appeared dignified and not too young, so I thought about and studied how to convey that side of him.”

Park Bo Gum credited director Lee Yong Joo for always creating a good atmosphere on set and described how he always took his own opinion about his character into account. “Through the director I was able to consider my character more deeply, and thanks to him it was meaningful work,” he said.

The actor continued, “The director is an early adapter who has all the latest gadgets, and he understands the latest trends and seems like he’s ahead of his time. I got the feeling that he’s an open-minded person. From ‘Possessed’ to films such as ‘Architecture 101’ and ‘Seobok,’ he gives heavy stories a light air without making them too light. It’s an honor to work with him.”

Park-Bo-Gum-1.jpg

In response to how it felt working alongside Gong Yoo, Park Bo Gum said, “It was exciting, like, ‘Wow, it’s Gong Yoo!’ I couldn’t believe I was working on a film with him. I’m a fan to the point that I’ve watched nearly all of his productions, and I’m so honored and happy to meet him through ‘Seobok.'”

Park Bo Gum continued to compliment Gong Yoo as he shared, “I had a lot of worries while acting as Seobok, but he gave me encouraging advice to boost my confidence and took good care of me. Compared to the Ki Heon that I imagined while reading the script, he portrayed the role with even more emotional depth. I felt that his thoughts and passion for acting were amazing. He’s a senior actor that I want to work with again, and someone that I want to emulate in many ways.”

Next, he also shared his impressions working with Jang Young Nam, who played Im Se Eun. “In a previous interview, I mentioned Jang Young Nam as a senior actor who I wanted to work with, and I’m happy that that dream became a reality. When acting with her there were a lot of scenes where we had to look into each other’s eyes, and each time I could feel how much she cared for Seobok. I was glad that there were plenty of moments where we could exchange emotions while acting.”

Park Bo Gum commented on the filming set, which he said was enjoyable but also had the right amount of tenseness. “I received a lot of good energy from the staff and other actors, and I had a fun time filming since shooting in various cities made me feel like I was going on a trip,” he said.

Park-Bo-Gum-3.jpg

Park Bo Gum shared that the scene at the end of the film when Seobok expressed his feelings at the laboratory was his most memorable scene. “I had to express complex emotions without any extra effects, and I had to act while imagining the CGI effects that would be added later,” he recalled. “I was a little awkward, but I was really looking forward to and curious about how the scene would look after post-production was completed.”

Reflecting on the key points of interest in the film, Park Bo Gum said, “I think it would be Ki Heon’s emotions, which change from the start of the film all the way to the end. I was able to feel Ki Heon’s desperate emotions through watching Gong Yoo’s acting on set. I remember being impressed by how he conveyed the slightest emotional changes, so I think it will leave an impression on the audience as well.”

Finishing off the interview with a message to the film’s audience, Park Bo Gum said, “‘Seobok’ carries the message of, ‘Human desire requires morality,’ as well as the message that one should be grateful for what they have. It’s a film that will make the viewer think various things. As ‘Seobok’ is a production in which the actors and staff worked hard to fit the story within the running time, I hope everyone will show the film lots of interest and love.”

Spoiler

Park-bo-Gum-4.jpg

Edited by serenilmauve
  • Like 1

The movie'Seobok' will be released at the Japanese theater in July

0000734519_001_20210504105902238.jpg?type=w430Original view
The movie'Seobok' will be released in Japan in July.
The movie'Seobok' continues the syndrome in Japan.

The movie'Seobok' starring Park Bo-gum will be released in Tokyo and other Japanese theaters under the title'SEOBOK' from July 16th.

'Seobok' was released at the same time as Teabing and Theater on April 15th, and maintained No. 1 in real-time popular movies for two weeks in a row at Teabing.

Overseas theaters have already been pre-sold in 56 countries, and they have chosen to open simultaneously with Korea in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore. In Hong Kong, it ranked first in the release week, and in Taiwan, it is gaining popularity by mobilizing more audiences than the film'Parasite' based on the release week.

Reporter Yoojin Yoo 8823@kyunghyang.com
  • Like 1

This is the most popular actor that Korean industry people want to offer to appear most now! Ranking TOP9

The acting ability of an actor in a drama is a major factor in determining the success of the drama! Sports Chosun surveyed more than 100 people including broadcasters, movies, song affiliates and experts, and announced the Korean actors that the industry people want to offer the most appearances now! What is a popular Korean actor who has outstanding star character and high acting ability and is sure to be a big hit that industry people want to offer drama appearances now?

Spoiler

9th place Nam Joo Hyuk

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Nam Joo Hyuk is 9th in the ranking.
Nam Joo-hyuk, who showed his presence and value as an actor by his sad performance in "The Light in Your Eyes-Our Shining Time-", has become a distinction from many handsome actors.

In "Start-Up: Dream Door," which is being distributed on Netflix, he played the role of Dosan, a science-based boy who lived on theory rather than emotion, and delicately portrayed a pure young man who was absorbed in love. In 2021, he will appear in the Korean remake "Jose" of the Japanese movie "Jose, the Tiger and the Fish"! He is a popular young actor who is constantly talking about drama offers.

9th place Lee Kyu Hyun (9th place with the same rate)

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Lee Kyu-hyun is ranked 9th (same rate).
Lee Kyu-hyung, a chameleon actor who became famous for his unique acting in the "Prison Playbook". Since he made his musical debut in 2007 and has been active mainly on the stage, his singing ability is outstanding and he has been highly evaluated for his versatile expressiveness, such as incorporating ad lib in the right place.

Appeared in many popular dramas such as "Secret Forest", "Doctor John", and "Hi Bye, Mama". With his outstanding acting ability, he has become an indispensable part of the drama.

9th place Lee Jae Wook (9th place with the same rate)

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Lee Jae Wook is 9th in the ranking (same rate).
Lee Jae-wook, who emerged as Marco in "Remembrance of Alhambra" and became a hot topic in word of mouth, was in the limelight as Baek Kyung in "Haru, who was found by chance". He has an amazing acting ability that he can't think of as a newcomer, and he is called a "monster newcomer" in the industry.

In "Do Do Sol La Laso", which starred for the first time in 2020, the role of a young man who was shy and clumsy but thought of a heroine was addicted and attracted attention in Japan. He is a young talented group who has run up the road to become a top actor at once and is sure to continue to receive offers.

9th place Kim Nam-gil (9th place at the same rate)

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Kim Nam-gil is ranked 9th (same rate).
Kim Nam-gil is the original audience rating prince who hit the highest audience rating of 43.6% in the historical drama "Queen Seondeok" and is often said to be "he is the driving force behind the Korean drama blockbuster"!

The audience rating of "Ishindenshin-With pulse! With love?" Has risen, and the audience rating of "The Fiery Priest" by the scriptwriter of "Vincenzo", which is currently a big hit in Japan, has also increased to 20%. He is a popular actor who is still leading the Korean drama world, leading to a blockbuster drama that surpasses.

8th place Kim Woo Bin

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! The 8th place in the ranking is Kim Woo Bin.
Kim Woo-bin, a popular actor who has been active as a fashion model since 2008, has appeared one after another in popular works such as "The Heirs" and "Uncontrollably Fond" as an actor, and continues to show his presence with his reliable acting ability. ..

He has a unique charisma and is fascinated by his unique charm. He is a scriptwriter Noh Hee-kyung and Kim who breathe together with "That winter, the wind blows" and "Live-Why you live".・ It seems that he is considering appearing in the drama "Our Blues" performed by Gute Producer! I'm looking forward to the drama comeback of the charismatic actor!

6th place Kang Ha-neul (same rate 6th place)

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Kang Ha-neul is 6th in the ranking.
Kang Ha-neul, who played a simple and straight man in "When the Camellia Bloom", which was the first starring role after his debut, and was loved by many viewers, is also an acting actor who is currently attracting attention from the drama industry. I'm alone.

Many of Kang Ha-neul's famous dialect lines in the play were called "Supporting Words" and comforted many viewers. Not only did he win the "KBS Drama Awards" for Best Male Performance, but he also won the "Baeksang Arts Awards" for Best Male Performance.

6th place Gong Yoo (same rate 6th place)

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Gong Yoo is 6th in the ranking (same rate).
The popular veteran actor Gong Yoo, who led the hit maker Kim Eun-sook's scriptwriter "Tokkebi-Your dear days-" to a big hit and swept across Asia with the Tokkebi syndrome, is also one of the popular actors who are constantly offered to appear.

This year's drama comeback for the first time in about five years is big because he has appeared one after another in topical works such as "Train to Busan Final Express" and "Born in 1982, Kim Ji Young" and has been active mainly in the movie world in recent years. Expectations are high. Since it is a Netflix original, it seems that hot eyes will be drawn not only from Korea but also from all over the world!

Peechik [Korean actor] Gong Yoo Bulletin Board | K-board

Spoiler

4th place Namgoong Min (4th place at the same rate)

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Namgoong Min is 4th in the ranking (same rate).
In recent years, "Kim section manager and Seo director ~ Bravo! Your Life ~", "Doctor Prisoner" who ran alone with the No. 1 audience rating in all episodes, and the latest work "Hot Stove League" which is popular in the story that a bad baseball team is making a leap forward. Namgoong Min is a big hit with all the works without losing.

There is no doubt that his delicate expressiveness is behind the hit, and his acting ability is also high, such as winning the Best Picture Award ("Stove League") at the "Baeksang Arts Awards" and the Grand Prize at the "SBS Drama Awards". It is being evaluated.

4th place Park Bo-gum (4th place at the same rate)

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Park Bo-gum is ranked 4th (same rate).
Park Bo-gum, a handsome actor who is very popular in Japan as a next-generation NO1 young talented actor who boasts a handsome appearance and solid acting ability! "Reply 1988", the popular romance historical drama "Love in the Moonlight", "Boyfriend" and all the works led to success and confirmed the position of the top actor.

In "Record of Youth," which was the last leading drama before joining the army, the viewers were embraced by their inner acting without any gaps, and they were highly evaluated as "irreplaceable presence." He is a top actor who is sure to be flooded with offers even after his discharge.

3rd place Hyun Bin

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Hyun Bin is third in the ranking.
"Crash Landing on You" that caused the 4th Korean wave boom. Hyun Bin was at the center of it!
It is said that "romance drama" suits Hyun Bin, who shows a wide range of acting ability, not to mention action but also various sensibility acting. He continues to prove his worth and is highly regarded in the industry as "a person who has both looks and acting ability".

Experts praise it as "the actor itself is perfectly digested every time he sees it as a polar character" and "a timeless look that suits his role well".

2nd place Park Seo Jun

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! Park Seo-joon is second in the ranking.
He has steadily built his career through "A Witch's Love," "Kill Me, Heal Me," "She Was Pretty," and "Sam My Way." Then, following "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim?", He proved to be a one-top leading actor who led many drama hits to "Itaewon Class" which was a big hit in Japan.

One person said, "It's wonderful. It has the ability to digest characters perfectly. Of course, nice characters and handsome characters also have the technology to make full use of their charm." He is a top actor who will continue to lead the drama world.

1st place Kim Soo Hyun

[Proof of Star] This is the Korean actor that the industry people want to offer to appear in the drama most now! The first place in the ranking glory is Kim Soo Hyun.
Korean wave star Kim Soo-hyun who has steadily accumulated filmography, went up to stardom in 2011 "Dream High", and has achieved "undefeated myth" in the drama since then. From "Moon Embracing the Sun" to "My Love from the Star", we have made great success and built a solid position.

It was said that he had received more than 100 million appearance fees per episode, but it was reported that "Psycho but okay", which was returned after the discharge, was paid 200 million won per episode, and tvN The drama appearance fee is the highest ever. An official of the planning company said, "Kim Soo Hyun will attract female viewers with more mature male beauty after discharge," and despite the highest performance fee, he is the NO1 actor sought after by industry people. ..

Edited by serenilmauve
Please either post only parts that’s relevant to the actor or hide irrelevant and off-topic information! Also follow soompi rules and hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags! Thanks!
  • Like 1