4 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Oh wow!  Hope both of them can work together.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395626wpp/gong-yoo-in-talks-to-star-in-new-dystopian-sci-fi-drama-along-with-bae-doona

Gong Yoo In Talks To Star In New Dystopian Sci-Fi Drama Along With Bae Doona

More news 

Gong Yoo To Make Drama Comeback In Netflix Original Sci-Fi Series

Gong Yoo is back.

izQge0_-gWyo3pKN3kSx8Ksa0tfI3PU-bUIofpbw

Gong Yoo is reportedly set to make his drama comeback in Netflix‘s new original series The Sea of Silence.

According to an exclusive report from Sports Chosun, Gong Yoo chose The Sea of Silence as his comeback drama, 3 years after his success with Goblin. The Sea of Silence is a SF (science-fiction) drama featuring a dystopian future Earth, where water and food are scarce due to worldwide desertification. It will tell the story of elite agents travelling to an abandoned moon base to retrieve some mysterious samples for analysis.

The Sea of Silence has already received a lot of attention as it was revealed that top actor Jung Woo Sung will be part of the production team for the Netflix series. The writer for the drama will be Park Eun Kyo, who wrote for 2009 movie Mother. In addition, it has been reported that Bae Doo Na will also join the lineup for the cast.

Gong Yoo would play the role of Yunjae, a soldier from the space agency and his team’s leader. Yunjae is a brilliant leader who has an outstanding work ethic and is full of charisma.

In response, Gong Yoo’s agency, Management SOOP, released their statement regarding Gong Yoo’s participation.

It is true that Gong Yoo is considering appearing in The Sea of Silence. But it is not yet confirmed.

— Management SOOP

The Sea of Silence is expected to air for 8 episodes, and will begin filming in August after finalizing the cast.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/gong-yoo-make-drama-comeback-in-netflix-original-sci-fi-series/

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

More News 

Gong Yoo In talks to work with Bae Doo Na & Jung Woo Sung in 'Netflix' original series 'Ocean of Silence'

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/gong-yoo-in-talks-to-work-with-bae-doo-na-jung-woo-sung-in-netflix-original-series-ocean-of-silence

SBS Star] Gong Yoo Confirms His Comeback Project?

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005756277&news_id=N1005756277&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2

gong.jpg

Source: Sports Chosun via Nate

1. [+303, -54] Produced by Jung Woo Sung...???? Gong Yoo... pick something else...

2. [+145, -8] Gong Yoo... please do a romcom... ♥

3. [+97, -36] Bae Doona is in 'Kingdom' as well. She seems to be the main madame for Netflix. And I'm honestly not looking forward to Jun Ji Hyun in 'Kingdom 3'. Her smile at the end of 2 was super awkward.

4. [+17, -0] Please... don't pick this one...

5. [+15, -0] Wait, Gong Yoo oppa...? Reconsider this..

6. [+13, -0] Jung Woo Sung is so boring. Gong Yoo, please reconsider..

7. [+11, -1] Gong Yoo is super picky when it comes to picking work so I'm going to have to trust him on this even though I feel like it's fishy because Jung Woo Sung is producing it.

8. [+6, -3] Jung Woo Sung... hmm....

9. [+6, -3] Can't he just do 'Mount Jiri' with Jun Ji Hyun?

10. [+6, -0] Jung Woo Sung and Bae Doona, why add Gong Yoo to that????????

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/04/gong-yoo-cast-in-jung-woo-sungs-netflix.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1

@lkgy99i'm surprised from Korean netizens . I thought they like Jung woo sung .why they post these bad comments about him as a producer:huh:

Honestly I'm excited & afraid at the same time. This story is new in Korea . I don't know how they'll react . It can be big hit or big miss.

But I trust GY choices now & trust bae Donna too. Also I'm glad GY finally 'll act with a list star like bae donna & in the same age .she was born in 1979 like our man gy:phew:

@tok-soompi I want to know it'll be shown on Netflix only . It won't be shown on public or Cable channel in Korea ???

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 8:40 PM, Noor90 said:

@lkgy99i'm surprised from Korean netizens . I thought they like Jung woo sung .why they post these bad comments about him as a producer:huh:

Honestly I'm excited & afraid at the same time. This story is new in Korea . I don't know how they'll react . It can be big hit or big miss.

But I trust GY choices now & trust bae Donna too. Also I'm glad GY finally 'll act with a list star like bae donna & in the same age .she was born in 1979 like our man gy:phew:

A group of rotten minds exists in Korea And in our miserable world
do not pay attention to them or their comments

I hope GY accepts the role anyway

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 2:33 AM, tok-soompi said:

@Noor90, the article said is netflix's original series, thus it will be like Kingdom... only in Netflix.  Thus GY will be facing international audience and not just Koreans.  

Thanks sis, honestly I want GY face international fans not only k- fans . I Know he already faced international fans through his movies " train to Busan , Age of shadows". But it'll be his first time to face international fans through his dramas. 

@lkgy99 I'm glad GY wants to change his image In kdrama like he did in his movies. I don't want him stuck in rom com only. Let's be honest GY in his 40s , he should act in other genres " action  , thriller , fantasy, sci-fi " I think one of the reasons GY doesn't like to act in kdrama cuz writers & directors want to cast him only in rom com. K fans want him to be choi Han kyul in "cp" & goblin forever

I wish GY 'll accept this drama& I wish it'll be successful

• Like 4

@lkgy99 actors of movie"wonderland" started shooting on 10th April, also PBG fans sent food trucks to support him & spotted him filming with Suzy . But till now there's no confirmation if gy accept his role or reject it :huh:

Credit to PBG soompi forum

• Like 2

GY& LDW sent food truck to support kge on the set of her new drama" The king eternal monarch"

The captain said they prepared it as a children's day present for euntak :D

Our Goblin & Grim reaper so funny

• Like 3