EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

I want to say my opinion about gy Cameo in Squid game 

First, gy Cameo has big effect although gy appeared only few minutes in first & last episode.

Second, All gy fans in Korea or international fans missed gy so much & are thirsty to watch any thing related to him . I'm Arabian fan & many Arabian fans were surprised & happy to see gy in Squid game even for few minutes . Some watched Squid Game just to watch gy. I hope gy knows how his fans love him & miss him so much .

I wish he 'll choose new project soon. Also I wish his upcoming drama will be successful & have more seasons

• Love 1

October 1, 2021.

The director of Squid Game talks about Gong Yoo’s  and Lee Byung Hun’s guest appearances.

spacer.png

The appearance of the two adds a lot of topics to this drama.

After the popular Netflix series "Squid Game" was officially launched in the middle of this month, it quickly became the champion of the hit list in 76 regions, and the overall ranking was ranked first in the world. This is the first time that a Korean drama has attained this achievement.

In an earlier interview with the Chosun Ilbo, director Hwang Dong Hyuk also specifically mentioned the guest appearances of the two heavyweight stars Gong Yoo and Lee Byung Hun in the drama. He explained that he and Gong Yoo have always had a good relationship in private and he received a reply immediately after his request.  He kept in touch with Lee Byung Hun after the 2017 movie “The Fortress”, and Lee readily accepted the role of the host in the drama.

In addition, Hwang Dong Hyuk also mentioned that Gong Yoo’s role was decided after thinking about him as the "beginning" and "end". At the same time, he pointed out that under the staff class system, he can go out to recruit contestants. Gong Yoo has received enough training and guidance in the role setting, and this actually has a lot of room for play in the plot. After all, the policeman played by Wi Ha Joon is a highlight in this drama.

Finally, when talking about the plan for the second season in the interview, Hwang Dong Hyuk frankly said that shooting the first season has already exhausted him physically and mentally. However, considering the popularity of "Squid Game" in the world, he will discuss the second season with Netflex and will not rule out filming a second season for this drama.  Interested readers may wish to keep an eye on this.

Source:  https://hypebeast.com/zh/2021/9/netflix-original-series-squid-game-gong-yoo-casting-behind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

These Are Currently The 10 Most Popular Topics In Korean Entertainment, Based On Wikipedia

There’s an ongoing project called Wikiproject Korea, which is dedicated to collecting data and organizing all Wikipedia pages related to Korea. By looking at which pages on Korean entertainment have accumulated the most views over a period of time, we can get a pretty good idea about which people and topics are trending the highest over that time period!

These were the 10 most-viewed Wikipedia pages related to Korean entertainment through the month of September. There was definitely a pretty solid trend during the month!

10. Gong Yoo

Gong Yoo was already a very well-known Korean actor, starring in the zombie movie Train To Busan and K-Dramas such as Coffee Prince and Guardian: The Great and Lonely God. This month, however, he really picked up more popularity for his cameo in the immensely popular Squid Game series! The Wikipedia page for Gong Yoo accumulated 316,735 views in the month of September, averaging 10,557 views a day.

Credit to:KoreaBoo

• Like 1

Hwang Dong-hyuk is Planning "Squid Game - Season 2"

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk, who directed the Netflix series "Squid Game", conducted an interview with CNN on the 8th.

In the interview, director Hwang Dong-hyuk said about "Squid Game - Season 2", "Honestly, nothing has been decided exactly now. However, many people have talked about it, so I'm personally thinking about it too", he said.

"I left options available for the next season thinking, "What should season 2 be about?" For example, the past of Frontman (Lee Byung-hun) and the story of Joon-ho (Wi Ha-joon) could not be resolved in season 1. I also want to solve the story of a male character carrying a ticket in a bag that Gong Yoo was in charge of", he explained.

Cr: HanCinema

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who is American people’s favorite Korean male actor?

Here are the top Korean actors who have been appreciated by the US media in recent years.

A total of 92 actors are listed in this research. Who will win first place? Let’s take a look at the actors who ranked from 10th to 1st and their upcoming works. 

1. Gong Yoo

Gong Yoo, who topped the list, recently surprised fans by making a cameo appearance in the hit series “Squid Game.” The movie “Wonderland,” in which he acted as a couple with Tang Wei, and his Netflix drama “The Silent Sea,” which became a hot topic with Jung Woo-sung’s participation in the production, will soon be released respectively.

https://kbizoom.com/who-is-american-peoples-favorite-korean-male-actor/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...