2006년 드라큘라 Dracula 
2005~2006년 사랑은 비를 타고
2004년 모스키토 Mosquito

Music Video
2004년 이승철 <무정>

credits to naver.com

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to Shin Sung Rok 신성록 - [Current Drama: The Last Empress]

To be honest, I didn't even realize while watching The Last Empress that the Emperor was the same guy from Thank You. I loved Thank You. It's my second all-time favourite k-drama. I was too enamoured by the other lead. I did notice a few things though.

a. He was tall. Like really, really tall. :wub:

b. He had very sharp features. Very chiselled. :wub:

But I couldn't root for him because he was a weak and indecisive character.  But the range of emotions he had portrayed in TLH is simply mind blowing. He has been superb! He made us hate him as a cold, cruel Pyeha. Then he started thawing and he got a glimpse of his other human side and we fell head over heels in love with him, so much so we started rooting for him, a feat which seemed impossible when the show started. Never could imagine that we would one day end up rooting for the guy we detested from the bottom of our hearts. 

Thank you for making this page. I can rant and rave about him here to my heart's delight. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, confusedheart7997 said:

To be honest, I didn't even realize while watching The Last Empress that the Emperor was the same guy from Thank You. I loved Thank You. It's my second all-time favourite k-drama. I was too enamoured by the other lead. I did notice a few things though.

a. He was tall. Like really, really tall. :wub:

b. He had very sharp features. Very chiselled. :wub:

But I couldn't root for him because he was a weak and indecisive character.  But the range of emotions he had portrayed in TLH is simply mind blowing. He has been superb! He made us hate him as a cold, cruel Pyeha. Then he started thawing and he got a glimpse of his other human side and we fell head over heels in love with him, so much so we started rooting for him, a feat which seemed impossible when the show started. Never could imagine that we would one day end up rooting for the guy we detested from the bottom of our hearts. 

Thank you for making this page. I can rant and rave about him here to my heart's delight. :wub:

Yay! Welcome to the thread~ the more the merrier :). Please rave about him to your hearts delight. It is very much welcomed~

I haven't watched Thank You. I'm currently watching Return hehe. I plan to watch his other dramas after finishing TLE (which i have an urge to drop after ep 44, but its near the end so might as well just watch the last 4 eps :tears:) and also after finishing Return~

I like Hyuk too. And i really root for him to be better. Sob3

• Like 1

@katakwasabi

Please watch Thank You! It was such a heart warming story. I can guarantee you'd love it. Be prepared to shed lots of tears though. It's such a simple but heart warming story. Also the OST was beautiful. Oh so was the location where it was shot. Oh the child artist too was brilliant.

SSR played such a relatable character, a conflicted man. I like how he chooses to play characters with shades of gray. i mean no one is an out and out evil person in real life. I enjoy watching him struggle with his emotions. It's not always easy to choose to do the right thing in life. Sometimes although we have honest , good intentions, we are unable to act upon them.

Please watch the show, I highly recommend it. I go back to it whenever I need a break from the high voltage dramas.

I was rather surprised to read that it was a smash hit unlike some other very mediocre shows which are considered huge hits both domestically and internationally.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 11:37 PM, confusedheart7997 said:

@katakwasabi

Please watch Thank You! It was such a heart warming story. I can guarantee you'd love it. Be prepared to shed lots of tears though. It's such a simple but heart warming story. Also the OST was beautiful. Oh so was the location where it was shot. Oh the child artist too was brilliant.

SSR played such a relatable character, a conflicted man. I like how he chooses to play characters with shades of gray. i mean no one is an out and out evil person in real life. I enjoy watching him struggle with his emotions. It's not always easy to choose to do the right thing in life. Sometimes although we have honest , good intentions, we are unable to act upon them.

Please watch the show, I highly recommend it. I go back to it whenever I need a break from the high voltage dramas.

I was rather surprised to read that it was a smash hit unlike some other very mediocre shows which are considered huge hits both domestically and internationally.

I'll try to find Thank You and watch it after i finish Return. 

I somehow dig Oh Tae Seok more than Lee Hyuk. Hahaha. Oh Tae Seok uses his brain, he's calculative and smart and he usually is the one who makes decisions. Hyuk is manipulated all the time, if he wants to be evil, i rather he be evil by his own accord so i can easily despise him hahaha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

SSR gets the actor spotlight on dramabeans!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/actor-spotlight-shin-sung-rok/

Thank you for posting.  He is an actor I've always noticed in different dramas and films.  Great to see him get the spotlight and to learn more about his career. 

Now can someone please cast him in a lead role as the good guy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/9/2019 at 4:54 PM, katakwasabi said:

I'll try to find Thank You and watch it after i finish Return. 

I somehow dig Oh Tae Seok more than Lee Hyuk. Hahaha. Oh Tae Seok uses his brain, he's calculative and smart and he usually is the one who makes decisions. Hyuk is manipulated all the time, if he wants to be evil, i rather he be evil by his own accord so i can easily despise him hahaha

Who is Oh Tae Seok?  I started watching Defendant and the villain there is super super scary! He's another level of crazy for sure. Gives me the goosebumps. Um Ki Joon. Super scary. Have you watched Defendant?

I haven't watched the latest episode of TLE. I will binge watch this week after it ends. I want to relish each moment of Hyuk's craziness. I got excited to see the kiss in preview. Be still my crazy heart. Don't get your hopes up. :tears: The last episode airs on Valentine's Day, will the writer be kind to us and give us what seems impossible at the moment? 

37 minutes ago, confusedheart7997 said:

Who is Oh Tae Seok?  I started watching Defendant and the villain there is super super scary! He's another level of crazy for sure. Gives me the goosebumps. Um Ki Joon. Super scary. Have you watched Defendant?

Oh Tae Seok is SSR's character in Return. I haven't watched Defendent. Too many dramas in kdramaland and i watch only a select few~ Maybe i'll try to watch it someday. Hehe

Anyways..OTS is a cold psychopath or sociopath. I dont know the difference between the two :sweatingbullets:. He is the one who pulls the strings and manipulates and lies straight in ones face. 

57 minutes ago, confusedheart7997 said:

I haven't watched the latest episode of TLE. I will binge watch this week after it ends. I want to relish each moment of Hyuk's craziness. I got excited to see the kiss in preview. Be still my crazy heart. Don't get your hopes up. :tears: The last episode airs on Valentine's Day, will the writer be kind to us and give us what seems impossible at the moment? 

The scene should not be celebrated. He was forcing her. If you watch ep 43-44, you'll see how unstable Hyuk is. I hoped he is better by now. But he's not. And you might want to keep hopes for any romance on the very down low. Imo, it won't happen, especially after what he did in ep 44. 

• Sad 1

@katakwasabiI have given up any hope of HEA for LH. He's a doomed man. I hope the drama gods will take pity on him and cast him in a rom-com as a good guy, main lead please! I watched the videos you posted from Return. The other guy, is he that senior guy from Gangnam Beauty?

SSR, please do something positive next time. We all admit you do a great job as a villain but please, can we see the other side too?

I'm sure the writer is laughing behind our backs as we bicker over Sunny& WB, Sunny & LH. Sending the audience into a tizzy with a suddenly 'reformed' LH.  K-dramas are the only dramas that give me serious second lead syndrome. I mean, every show I watch I start rooting for the second lead, sometimes I favour them more than the first lead. The writers should quit playing games with our hearts because both the leads are always too good and equally deserving and so it's extremely heartbreaking to see their love remain unrequited.

12 hours ago, confusedheart7997 said:

@katakwasabiI have given up any hope of HEA for LH. He's a doomed man. I hope the drama gods will take pity on him and cast him in a rom-com as a good guy, main lead please! I watched the videos you posted from Return. The other guy, is he that senior guy from Gangnam Beauty?

SSR, please do something positive next time. We all admit you do a great job as a villain but please, can we see the other side too?

I'm sure the writer is laughing behind our backs as we bicker over Sunny& WB, Sunny & LH. Sending the audience into a tizzy with a suddenly 'reformed' LH.  K-dramas are the only dramas that give me serious second lead syndrome. I mean, every show I watch I start rooting for the second lead, sometimes I favour them more than the first lead. The writers should quit playing games with our hearts because both the leads are always too good and equally deserving and so it's extremely heartbreaking to see their love remain unrequited.

See..ep 44 totally took me by surprise. While watching ep 44 i was like...Nooooo! Don't do that! But he did.

To be honest, i never knew beforehand who the male lead was for TLE, for a whole moment I assumed it was SSR since he has so many scenes. But how can the male lead be this evil? Lol. Apparently he was not the male lead. Hahaha

Maybe he gets to be a nice guy in his next project. I read he was the nice guy in trot lovers. I watched that drama before, but i cant really recall who is who. Maybe its time for a rewatch. Hehe 

I think being the villain is more fun for an actor/actress. They get to do all sorts of stuff that normal people can't or wouldn't do. 

I haven't watched Gangnam Beauty, but the other guy in the Return clip is Bong Tae Gyu. I like him too. I think i first saw him on variety show House Husband. And he is a very good housekeeper, he cooks, he cleans. Overall he's a super nice guy. And he was also on The Return of Superman with his son Siha. I recall he was going around his new neighborhood to introduce himself since he just moved in, and his neighbor walked fast when she saw him. They even called him Hakbum, his character in Return. It was hilarious hahaha.

Spoiler

jump to minute 9.30 to see his neighbor running away from him lol

And...maybe this will be Hyuk's end in TLE? Hehe

cson2863-1024x683.jpg