[variety] Jipijigi 지피지기 Aka Gipizigi

Guest xx_swit_c_xx

whoa, they changed the format by turning it into a straight up formal talk show!

No more Park Soo Hong and Lee Young Jah as MCs, but they put in Park Myung Soo and Jung Hyun Don (both from Infinite Challenge) and Hyun Young (from High Five). Interesting choices, but I think the new format looks kinda boring (maybe they should've brought fun guests?). I guess I should watch all the way through to make anymore opinions.

Check it out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im disappointed i loved jipizigi's format. it was different and nice to learn about different facts about certain celebrities. it was more interesting and i found it enjoyable. there are already enough talk shows out there =/ anyways i'll watch it anyways.

Guest theLEGEND

whoa, they changed the format by turning it into a straight up formal talk show!

No more Park Soo Hong and Lee Young Jah as MCs, but they put in Park Myung Soo and Jung Hyun Don (both from Infinite Challenge) and Hyun Young (from High Five). Interesting choices, but I think the new format looks kinda boring (maybe they should've brought fun guests?). I guess I should watch all the way through to make anymore opinions.

Check it out.

Really? They've changed the format of the show? I haven't had the chance to see the latest episode, probably one of these days. I really liked the old format of the show though. :)

just to update on my previous comment about the change in format..

IMO, the show's actually gotten a lot better.

Basically, there's no similarity w/ the old show. What it is now is that there's seven MCs (Park Myung Soo, Hyun Young, Jung Hyun Don and four announcers). The focus is on the four announcers as I guess it's the first time ever that such a setup was done with so many announcers as MCs. They're given critics by viewers via online voting, and each week covers a different topic about them that discuss their pros/cons. Meanwhile, they introduce the guest(s) of the week, and get them involved in the convo. I guess the downside is that there are far less guests in comparison to the old format, and also they get less of a chance to talk about themselves. I'm thinking the producers and MCs will iron out this problem as the show is in the begining stages and it's a talk show afterall.

You guys should try watching it. This last week and this weeks show was pretty funny.

You guys should try watching it. This last week and this weeks show was pretty funny.

Now when you say that I assume you know Korean... mind giving us some summaries of what was said?

Like for instance Park Myung Soo and Hyun Young were being rated in the last ep, what were they being rated on? And why were Hyun Young and Eru in tears? And anything else that was interesting. Just a brief summary would be very appreciated.

Now when you say that I assume you know Korean... mind giving us some summaries of what was said?

Like for instance Park Myung Soo and Hyun Young were being rated in the last ep, what were they being rated on? And why were Hyun Young and Eru in tears? And anything else that was interesting. Just a brief summary would be very appreciated.

Ok, as a service to those who are interested, here's the highlights of this weeks show. There were soo many funny things that were said and done that I started rambling about them, but then realized this was getting too long, so I abridged it towards the end. Enjoy (and Happy Thanksgiving!) :phew:

-The MCs introduce themselves with their respective nicknames, and Hyun Young suggests Park Myung Soo use one of his popular ones "The Evil Child" (I'm guessing this is from Infinity Challenge?). Jung Hyun Don get's longwinded with his intro, so he's cut off and told to introduce himself next week. :DD

-Jung Hyun Don and Son Jung Eun continue to hint on their suspicious love interest.

-Ever since Park Myung Soo made fun of the way Moon Ji Ae just constantly searches for and stares at the cameras, and since she imitated his "Hey Hey Hey!!" yelling gag last week, it looks like they're both set to be rivals.

-They make fun of Suh Hyun Jin's makeup cuz her face is caked white but she forgot to blend in her neck.

-The viewers are asked to submit nickname suggestions for the four MCs.

-Park Myung Soo is constantly corrected and made fun of his poor vocab skills and slurring all throughout the show.

-Eru is introduced. This time, Park Myung Soo makes sure he greets the guest with a handshake and lets everyone see he's not screwing up like last week (where he just watched the guests enter the stage and sit).

-Park Myung Soo says Eru's hit song "Black Glasses" was originally his song. Eru confirms it and says that the song was filtered through many singers and it eventually ended up with him. Hyun Young says the song is lucky to have met Eru, otherwise, if Myung Soo kept it, the song would have just ended right then and there.

<10 minutes>

-Hyun Young mentions that the show is the first in history to have four announcers as MCs and asks what Eru thinks about their performance. He's asked who he personally likes, gets nervous, and says he likes Suh Hyun Jin. He's also asked who he thinks needs more effort, and after some hesitation he names Moon Ji Ae (because of her constant staring, haha).

-This week’s poll is on just that: which announcer do the viewers think needs put in more effort into their MCing? According to the poll, Suh Hyun Jin is 4th, followed by Moon Ji Ae as 3rd. The remaining two are asked what they think. Choi Hyun Jung says she's never wanted to lose so much in her life, and Son Jung Eun says she wants to be nice and give Hyun Jung the title. Choi Hyun Jung is named 1st place, and she doesn't like it at all. Hyun Young falls victim to a joke about ever winning 1st place in something.

-The main MCs are given report cards about their performance. Eru picks Jung Hyun Don and Hyun Young as favorites; Park Myung Soo gets pissed and shows it. Jung Hyun Don passes with flying colors, Hyun Young gets near perfect as well, but when it comes to Park Myung Soo, he gets C's for both topic presentation and guest consideration, A for humor, and an F for stamina (he fell asleep during their first episode).

-Jung Hyun Dong raps it up saying that this is a talk show afterall, so they should move on to focus on the guest. Park Myung Soo agrees and says he prepared for the introduction. He says a bunch of flattering, yet greasy fluff (thats what all the big yellow phrases are about).

<18 minutes>

-They play a game where each announcer asks provoking questions, and for the one Eru doesn't want to answer, he puts a rose in her mouth. This leads on until the last one standing.

---I cut this segment like crazy cuz this post is getting too long (sorry)---

-Moon Ji Ae wins, and asks Eru to sing a personalized song for her. She thanks him by singing some funky song in return.

During the "Everyone has a Secret" corner...

-Eru says him and his dad (who's also a famous singer) have a habit of kissing anyone around him when they're drunk.

---cut again---

-The theme for the dialog they act out is called "Father's present". Afterwards, they discuss things that they have done in the past that might have hurt their dad's feelings.

-Park Myung Soo talks about how he once left his lunchbox at home, and his dad brought it to his classroom wearing embarassing attire. Everyone was looking back at his dad, and so out of shame he ignored his dad.

-Hyun Young tells a story about how during high school times she didn't like how her dad would come home drunk sometimes and nag. She said her dad went out one night to drink with some reunion friends, and out of anger, she wished he would just not come home that night if he was gonna be drunk again. The next morning, they found out that the dad was attacked by gangsters out in front of their street, and everyone thought he was dead up until the ambulance took him to the hospital. He recovered, but Hyun Young felt regret for thinking so ill of him, so from them on, she made sure she always told him to come home early.

-Eru said that after he finished his first album activities, he felt pretty down about his lack of success and people's opinions about him, so in his mind he started blaming it on his dad for the shadow he might have casted on him as a successful singer. He felt so depressed and frustrated to the point where he called his dad to tell him not to show up to the studio while he was recording for his second album. Having said that, one day during his recording session, he took a step outside for a break, but then he saw a familiar back quickly leaving that area. He followed the person, and saw his dad's car driving away ffrom the parking lot. Because he knew it was his dad watching over him, Eru felt a lot of guilt over his dad who cares for him despite whatever he said. Since then, he felt that he really needed to become a better son.

Ok, as a service to those who are interested, here's the highlights of this weeks show. There were soo many funny things that were said and done that I started rambling about them, but then realized this was getting too long, so I abridged it towards the end. Enjoy (and Happy Thanksgiving!)

You are a god amongst men Kaga, a god amongst men. You have no idea how much I appreciate this.

When I said brief I didn't mean to stifle you, I just thought if I asked for something elaborate/detailed you would feel burdened. So be as thorough as you like... hehe.

Lots of great info there, the format really is pretty unique and interesting. I think I'll go re watch the episode again now that I am armed with your juicy insight. Its refreshing how the MCs seem to have these differences amongst each other, instead of being all nice and goody two shoes as usual.

I...uh.. feel uncomfortable asking this but I'm sure you knew I would... do you mind doing such a summary for other eps if you have free time? Cuz I'm sure this show will never get subbed but for me a summary in your style is more than enough.

Either way, thanks a mill and Happy Thanksgiving :D

No problem at all Diavle. I just knew a skimpy sentence or two about the highlights wouldn't make much sense in the whole context of things.

I don't really have much time on my hands in general, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to write summaries for at least one show that I watch. It'll help me with my korean too, haha.

I'll try writing summaries for the episodes starting from the format change. Stay tuned.

Watched the new one and even though I didn't understand much (hint, hint), I'm really liking the 'negative' quality of this show. Its like the MCs, announcers and guests are just waiting for a chance to screw each other over lol.

About the announcers, the first one from the left reminds me of Ha Ji Won quite a bit, the fourth one looks like a stalker.

The guest in the white pants had pretty old looking hands, his face doesn't look that old.

Just posting real quick to let yall know I didn't get time to watch the ep so far (set on download queue as I'm typing this). I'll try to watch and write bout it by tomorrow. Stay tuned?

Just posting real quick to let yall know I didn't get time to watch the ep so far (set on download queue as I'm typing this). I'll try to watch and write bout it by tomorrow. Stay tuned?

Great.

(btw there are still like four days or so left till the next ep so you are still very much on schedule)

The new ep is out. quite a bit more fun than the last.

Guests: Kim Go Ra, Tim and Crown J.

They beefed up the show btw.

Some impressions:

- The set has been remodeled (for the better imo), both the MCs seem a lot more comfortable in this setting (and have gotten used to each other now, much better chemistry).

- Instead of first talking amongst each other and then moving on to the guests... the show starts with the guests from the very beginning.

- I don't know if this is a permanent feature but a music element was added to the show. There were like two Top 5 sets of songs and they had to guess/perform them.

- It felt a lot more upbeat and faster paced then the previous three eps.

Overall, a big thumbs up for the changes (its cool that they are already thinking of ways to make it better, even though its pretty much brand new).

Watched the newest one and they have spiced things up even further.

Changes:

- Set redesigned again

- Last time there were four guests instead of two, this time there were two more. So basically there were four lady guests (only know Jo Hye Ryun's name from them) and two male guests (I think they were the main guests). Add in the permanent crew and you had 13 ppl on the set.

- Punishments are now given. They have these chairs that cave in like trap doors, quite fun.

- The female guests and the four announcers competed in asking questions from the male guests, the side whose question he rejects gets punished.

- There is now a round 2 where like 7 or so of them sit in a row (dressed differently) and are asked questions by Hyun Young. Hyun Young is elsewhere and they see her on a TV.

- Questions seemed to be about various things like OSTs, dramas, body parts etc.

- There are punishments here as well. They are sitting on these legless chair with wheels and get dragged back behind a curtain where they get hit multiple times on the head with a Heroine 6 style hammer. Its funny because they have to sort of crawl back into position as its not mechanical.

- Hyun Young asks questions and there seems to be a very small window for error because punishment was being laid out left and right, to the point where Jo Hye Ryun refused to speak lol.

Too bad nobody is subbing/summarizing this, the show seems to be getting better and better.

Anyone know how well it is doing ratings-wise?

Archived