Jump Roping = Thicker Legs?

Guest catchthesky.

Guest catchthesky.

according to my friends...
I'm trying to lose weight by jump roping cause i know a lot of girls who lost weight that way. But someone told me it creates thicker legs, since you're using your legs to jump? Does anybody know if this is true or not?

Any experiences?

And how about korean hula hoops?

Do those make your legs thicker?

Guest xbaaByette

Wow, that's interesting if that's true .

And to the poster above, WOW! really?! Hula hoops made your butt bigger ?

Interesting .. these are supposed to help you, not make you look even fatter ..

Guest untungl

your legs will gain some muscle, but at the same time, you ought to burn some fat in your legs from... well, the activity. Unless you jump rope for like 1-2 minutes and call it a workout, then nothing will happen, probably.

but let me put it this way: if i could get big just from jump roping, you think i'd be busting my richard simmons with 200+ pound squats? WOULD ANYONE?

and also:

Wow, that's interesting if that's true .

And to the poster above, WOW! really?! Hula hoops made your butt bigger ?

Interesting .. these are supposed to help you, not make you look even fatter ..

her butt probably got bigger because she didn't watch her diet and didn't exercise nearly enough to work it off

Guest 7hearts

lol, really?!...I think you'd have to be doing crazy amounts of jumping with weights on your legs to get big.

anyways, I used to jump double dutch everyday and my legs were toned and lean, not big.

once I stopped my legs got thick because I gained weight!!! ><

your legs will gain some muscle, but at the same time, you ought to burn some fat in your legs from... well, the activity. Unless you jump rope for like 1-2 minutes and call it a workout, then nothing will happen, probably.

but let me put it this way: if i could get big just from jump roping, you think i'd be busting my richard simmons with 200+ pound squats? WOULD ANYONE?

and also:

her butt probably got bigger because she didn't watch her diet and didn't exercise nearly enough to work it off

you're right XD

Guest s0y0un*

omg i jump roped a lot too

and i felt my calves get bigger so i stopped haha

& i dont hula hoop makes ur butt bigger

i been doing it for years lol

Guest miyavidoll

hula hoops makes your butt bigger because it makes your waist smaller..

and ..

if you sit in front of your computer for 5 hours a day, your butt will most likely get bigger too haha

that's what happened to me lol

Guest IckyVicky<3dongbang

^^ yeah i would think so.

Its like running. It just causes ur

leg muscles to grow and ur firming it

so it wont giggle and stuff ^^ which is a good thing too.

Guest THiS ONE LOSER

Actually, my legs didn't get bigger.

I stretch my legs before hand..

since it'll get sore if I don't.

Guest sushiwhore

when i jumped altomy calves looked leik they were gaining size o_o and i stoped cuz i felt liek if i jumpe dmore my leg muscle would have expoloded o_o

Guest Dedicate*

hoola hoops made my butt bigger T_T and jump rope made my calves bigger... idon't know...

I wouldn't mind getting a bigger butt :D but I'm not too sure about the calves lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Michiyo Yakito-chan

Yes it does but after jumping the rope try to put your leg up high for a few minute and that should do it.

Guest yooniceland

hula hoops makes your butt bigger because it makes your waist smaller..

and ..

if you sit in front of your computer for 5 hours a day, your butt will most likely get bigger too haha

that's what happened to me lol

we can try exercising WHILE we use the computer.

i dont like the idea of giving up the internet.

if you stretch everyday, your muscles should be longer and leaner. that's what ive heard.

Guest mz.carolyn

It makes your leg thicker because you're building muscle.

Stretch your calves a bit before and after, and you should be ok. Muscle will still build, but not OMFGGG I USE STERIODS.

:]

Good luck

Guest untungl

It makes your leg thicker because you're building muscle.

Stretch your calves a bit before and after, and you should be ok. Muscle will still build, but not OMFGGG I USE STERIODS.

:]

Good luck

Girls pretty much HAVE to take steroids to look like that, so I don't know what you people are worrying about unless you're juicing.

Guest yellowtutu

Jump roping makes your calves bigger and can make your knees weak. My parents used to tell me to jump rope all the time because it supposedly makes you grow :rolleyes: Jump roping doesn't do much for me.

Archived