Natural Dancer Vs Trained Dancer

LucasBunny

Guest CutieGirl303

Haahaha im a natural dancer. You can see my videos if u like but i was 13 then but im much better now. I like being a natural dancer cause everytime i practice i get to know my body more so i get more control over it. i just turned 14 but im improving faster. Not that im against trained dancer but i mean if u werent meant for dancing i dont think its the best idea to force your body.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Faded

MJs moves are more smooth because he was taught by the EBs and lockers.

Both locking and boogaloo are true funk styles and emphasize "soul" and natural expression.

Boa's moves are ment to be "stiff." The song My Name has a very strong snare and she uses those "stiff" snaps to emphasize that snare. Boa is also heavily influenced by "new school" poppers that emphasize big strong hits (pops) and a overall a much more stiff/mechanical style. This is obvious in her shakes (the one where it looks like she is having a seizure is from the robot) and the way she emphasizes isolation points (Which u will rarely see in a natural dancer).

N in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI7Bpy3QKn8

i would define as the better girl as more TALENTED and not more of a natural dancer.

This is how i define natural vs trained:

Natural:

Basically, his own style, no clear foundation, he just took bits and peices and put them together to make his own.

Trained:

uses a clearly defined dancing style, has a strong foundation that was obviously taught and sticks to it.

Maybe different views on the definition on natural and trained is?

Guest JF21©

Boa's moves are ment to be "stiff." The song My Name has a very strong snare and she uses those "stiff" snaps to emphasize that snare. Boa is also heavily influenced by "new school" poppers that emphasize big strong hits (pops) and a overall a much more stiff/mechanical style. This is obvious in her shakes (the one where it looks like she is having a seizure is from the robot) and the way she emphasizes isolation points (Which u will rarely see in a natural dancer).

um..this is the dance we're talking about...and no it's not supposed to look stiff:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YotNyBxIJvI ---it's the second dance move..the one that the girls from Nelly's video made popular

and this is the other dance i'm talking about..and no it's not from the robot..nor is it supposed to look stiff:

-- when she does the crump dance on ''crazy move''..she looks stiff. sorry.

that's the exact same clip i posted. and again the girl in blue is the natural because she moves her body much more gracefully than the other girl...and since they're doing the same choreo its very obvious. they're both talented, but one just needs more guidance than the other as to how to make the movements look less counted and more iono..musical? lol whatever, the girl in blue is a natural. ;)

Maybe different views on the definition on natural and trained is?

i think that's the case. like i said everybody has their own opinions as to what qualifies as natural and what's trained.

Guest ryisakooguy

its all about having style when you dance.

for the natural dancers you can find and have your own unique style.

for trained dancers you know how to dance but you have their style instead of having your own.

thats why when i used to go to a dance class i didnt learn anything. i just learned a new routine n that was all. the people that went to that dance class were good tho i admit, but i wonder if they can even do a freestyle dance, which has all the style you want.

i say its good to learn from a trainer just to get down with the basics as he/she can help you out if your doing a move wrong. BUT after you learn that please, please put your own flow in it and do your own thang.

Guest Faded

um..this is the dance we're talking about...and no it's not supposed to look stiff:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YotNyBxIJvI ---it's the second dance move..the one that the girls from Nelly's video made popular

and this is the other dance i'm talking about..and no it's not from the robot..nor is it supposed to look stiff:

-- when she does the crump dance on ''crazy move''..she looks stiff. sorry.

that's the exact same clip i posted. and again the girl in blue is the natural because she moves her body much more gracefully than the other girl...and since they're doing the same choreo its very obvious. they're both talented, but one just needs more guidance than the other as to how to make the movements look less counted and more iono..musical? lol whatever, the girl in blue is a natural. ;)

i think that's the case. like i said everybody has their own opinions as to what qualifies as natural and what's trained.

Once you reach a certain level of isolation, the hips will make a snapping motion making it look "stiff" combine that with fast music and you have a "choppy" style. The only way to make it smooth is to rotate the upper body, which defeats the purpose in learning a isolation in the first place. You can see this for yourself in shakira's videos, when she isolates her hips it makes a snapping motion and when she uses her whole body it looks very smooth. Also boa uses that snapping motion to emphasize the snare but this is only obvious when she goes all out, but seriously after performing the same routine and song 90234 times i would think it would get boring and anyone would become pretty lazy.

The move i am talking about is from the robot T__T the one where she shakes her whole body to make it look like shes having a seizure (in the robot its used to mimic a robot malfunctioning). I learned the same move from a guy that teaches funk.

Krumping requires the whole body to be flexed and is a very agressive style so i dont know where the idea of "smooth" krumping came from.

N i posted the clip of the 2 girls to show that I view the better girl as MORE talented and has nothing to do with a natural dancer.

And how do u know shes natural when really she could just be a more experienced dancer? People that dance more have more rhythm and are more fluid than those that dont or dance less. I've seen old videos of great dancers and its almost mind blowing just how much they sucked when first starting out and just how far a little dedication takes them almost all of them had no "rhythm" and needed some form of guidance to make them improve.

Natural dancer:

own style, no clear foundation, made through taking bits and peices of moves they have seen and making their own variation.

Trained dancer:

uses a clearly defined dancing style, has a strong foundation that is obviously taught and technically perfect.

Guest JF21©

Once you reach a certain level of isolation, the hips will make a snapping motion making it look "stiff" combine that with fast music and you have a "choppy" style. The only way to make it smooth is to rotate the upper body, which defeats the purpose in learning a isolation in the first place. You can see this for yourself in shakira's videos, when she isolates her hips it makes a snapping motion and when she uses her whole body it looks very smooth. Also boa uses that snapping motion to emphasize the snare but this is only obvious when she goes all out, but seriously after performing the same routine and song 90234 times i would think it would get boring and anyone would become pretty lazy.

1. nope. the dance is not supposed to look stiff. she just cant do it correctly (at least back then she couldnt) its not an isolating movement its supposed to add the upper body.

2. Shakira isnt doing the same dance movement.Shakira is doing bellydance,which isolates stomach,hip and leg muscles. the movement that Shakira does is totally different than that dance. and i know this because i've taken bellydance and it's much harder than it looks. and incase you didn't know you can also move your lower body in a fluid motion without moving the upper torso. so thats bs.

The move i am talking about is from the robot T__T the one where she shakes her whole body to make it look like shes having a seizure (in the robot its used to mimic a robot malfunctioning). I learned the same move from a guy that teaches funk.

are u talking about that dance where after her dance break she shakes really fast and her dancers stand up?! NO THAT IS NOT FROM THE ROBOT! hahhahaha

that is a classic booty/body shaking move. that move has been around way before popping and locking, break dance and krumping. it's one of the moves that she does well. its a girl thing ;)

this is the robot malfunction move:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qtmHU2r-EkU --@ 4:19

Next

this is the move boa is doing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=etjkNjIc7Jo -- watch the girl in the middle(she's doing boa's part) during the chorus and @ 2:27..but she doesnt do it to the fullest @ 2:27...:rolleyes: i think she was getting tired.

Krumping requires the whole body to be flexed and is a very agressive style so i dont know where the idea of "smooth" krumping came from.

exactly. thats why she looks stiff. if you watch her and watch another krumper, you will see what i mean about her being stiff. Krumping is very similar to african dance. watch the back movements. you have to be able to coordinate chest, back, and hip pops...sometimes it looks like she's just flailing her arms and moving her hips....never quite on target.

N i posted the clip of the 2 girls to show that I view the better girl as MORE talented and has nothing to do with a natural dancer.

And how do u know shes natural when really she could just be a more experienced dancer? People that dance more have more rhythm and are more fluid than those that dont or dance less. I've seen old videos of great dancers and its almost mind blowing just how much they sucked when first starting out and just how far a little dedication takes them almost all of them had no "rhythm" and needed some form of guidance to make them improve.

Natural dancer:

own style, no clear foundation, made through taking bits and peices of moves they have seen and making their own variation.

Trained dancer:

uses a clearly defined dancing style, has a strong foundation that is obviously taught and technically perfect.

experience has nothing to do with it. the girl in white obviously had less rhythm. yes you can acquire rhythm thru years of practice, but some people are just have an innate sense of rhythm....i know some people find that hard to believe, but its true.. in my culture the majority of the time we have rhythm...we don't need ppl to tell us how to clap on beat or to move with the music....its just there that's what i mean by a natural dancer. it has nothing to do with taking classes, studying body movement, being technically perfect or what have you. it's a person who can easily move to music...on beat..and make it look as if they arent trying. every dancer who is serious about it will take classes. that's irrelevant, it's when they're learning how easily they learn what makes them natural.

when i say trained dancer, i mean someone who was taught to feel music....taught to be able to count the beats to a song. taught that in order to do the snake you have to first lean you head-followed by neck and shoulders-followed by torso-etc...u get it.some people upon seeing the snake they just DO IT. it's natural. others you look at them attempting it and it looks awkward. they must be taught how by breaking down the individual movements.

my example:

Chelsea from the search for the next PCD . she could dance, but it took her so many times to feel the rhythm of her choreography.to relax. to MOVE. she'd be considered trained because while she could dance, she had to physically count out..step step drop step. Asia (as much as i dont like her) was a natural dancer. she moved flawlessly to the music and picked up the choreography like it was her last name. i hope u can understand what i mean....it has nothing to do with technicalities because they both learned the exact same choreo at the same time its just one was naturally better than the other. both of these ladies were professional dancers prior to this...so i hope you see what i mean by one being a natural and being able to understand the movements.

another example:

two students who have never spoken spanish enroll in their highschool's spanish course. Student A picks up the language quickly, while Student B struggles with certain things like sentence structure, verbs etc. Both of these students are learning the same material in the same class. At the end of the semester, both students can speak spanish but Student A is able to speak fluently while Student B only knows what he has been taught from the text book (his spanish is very formal, A's is sometimes mistaken as native because Student A took what she learned in class, and incorporated real conversational spanish she heard)Student A is naturally better at adapting to and learning languages. while Student B just learns technicalities.

lol that was kinda a quick example..prolly doesnt make sense but yeah...haha

i'm happy that i'm a natural dancer. somehow i won a dance contest in my church. later on my friends said it reminded them of napoleon dynamite. i have no problems with rhythm because i played piano for around 5 years. the worst part is that i can't remember much: there were a lot of strobe lights and stuff and a crappy DJ but i was listening to my own song while dancing and i was high off sugar.

i'm happy that i'm a natural dancer. somehow i won a dance contest in my church. later on my friends said it reminded them of napoleon dynamite. i have no problems with rhythm because i played piano for around 5 years. the worst part is that i can't remember much: there were a lot of strobe lights and stuff and a crappy DJ but i was listening to my own song while dancing and i was high off sugar.

Lol go you!

Congrats!

But I agree with JF21 about the crumping

it is very similar to african dance and it does require alot of body strength.

also like the african dance it requires alot of energy and aggression

something that Boa lacked when she tried it.

It's not supposed to be stiff at all.

Watch the guy in Se7en's "Crazy" video watch how nasty he is

and about the snapping movement

you can't compare the way Shakira is doing to the way Boa is doing in

especially in two different dance styles.

Because Shakira is Bellydancing while Boa is hip hop dancing

two different things.

also when I see natural dancers

they tend to have Universal rhythm, they can go from Hip Hop

to Salsa and Merengue, suppose someone who has trained to dance hip hop

was suddenly asked to dance Merengue, they would have to step by step an dlearn the passionate movements.

Guest hulie-oh

Why does there have to be a separation of "natural" and "trained?"

Someone with "natural" dancing skills can only become better with "trained" skills. So in the end, they both work together.

Guest Wassayo!

I dont think you can really tell who is a natural dancer or trained. All dancers are trained either by themselves or an instuctor. It's all a matter of how you hear music or how you picked up rhythm as a child. Same with choreography, you can really tell because what if it's meant to be that way. I am a very fluidy dancer when I tried to dance to Kara's Break It.. i feel like i'm in a beginner's hip hop class.

Guest Faded

First off, I dont want to hijack this thread than it already is and I was just trying to say that MJ is a trained dancer as he is natural and same goes with Boa. But obviously, people definition of natural and trained are different so theres no point in further arguement since this isnt going anywhere and is just turning into dance politics so im going to stop here. =)

I dont think you can really tell who is a natural dancer or trained. All dancers are trained either by themselves or an instuctor. It's all a matter of how you hear music or how you picked up rhythm as a child. Same with choreography, you can really tell because what if it's meant to be that way. I am a very fluidy dancer when I tried to dance to Kara's Break It.. i feel like i'm in a beginner's hip hop class.

THANK YOU!

My point exactly. Once you reach a certain level you cant tell if a person is "natural" or "trained." You can however, tell if their style is a natural or a trained style.

1. nope. the dance is not supposed to look stiff. she just cant do it correctly (at least back then she couldnt) its not an isolating movement its supposed to add the upper body.

2. Shakira isnt doing the same dance movement.Shakira is doing bellydance,which isolates stomach,hip and leg muscles. the movement that Shakira does is totally different than that dance. and i know this because i've taken bellydance and it's much harder than it looks. and incase you didn't know you can also move your lower body in a fluid motion without moving the upper torso. so thats bs.

are u talking about that dance where after her dance break she shakes really fast and her dancers stand up?! NO THAT IS NOT FROM THE ROBOT! hahhahaha

that is a classic booty/body shaking move. that move has been around way before popping and locking, break dance and krumping. it's one of the moves that she does well. its a girl thing ;)

this is the robot malfunction move:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qtmHU2r-EkU --@ 4:19

1. err... look at all her backup dancers... they are all doing the samething and they are professional dancers. Are you telling me they are all doing it wrong? There is a million variations that can come from one foundational move, to say someone is doing it wrong, especially someone with training at that level, is silly =P

2. like you said, bellydance is a very hard dance. Hmmm... performing an isolation at that kind of speed she is moving at in a fluid motion would require one freakishly good belly dancer and at that speed i doubt it would look good T__T. And boa doesnt specialize in just one dance so asking for such a thing is kinda unrealistic =/

3. Now your just making things up <_< Im no expert in booty shaking but i do know that popping's foundation was first being set in the early 1930s and Breakdancing and popping where both officially established in the early 1970's, right when hiphop was born. Robot in mid 1970s i think (or it mite have come before popping, i cant remeber.) And i do know that shaking your booty during those times would be unacceptable in society. But like i said, Im no expert in the history of booty shaking so if you have some kind of ground to make such claims then props to you.

And i didnt watch the vid but i am quite aware of how the malfunctioning move looks like T__T and BoA's movements are just a variation of the same foundational move. Starts at the legs and ends with the whole body shaking rapidly.

this is the move boa is doing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=etjkNjIc7Jo -- watch the girl in the middle(she's doing boa's part) during the chorus and @ 2:27..but she doesnt do it to the fullest @ 2:27...:rolleyes: i think she was getting tired.

exactly. thats why she looks stiff. if you watch her and watch another krumper, you will see what i mean about her being stiff. Krumping is very similar to african dance. watch the back movements. you have to be able to coordinate chest, back, and hip pops...sometimes it looks like she's just flailing her arms and moving her hips....never quite on target.

lol. Ive had my fair share of watching krumping and try watching a better quality video T__T (seriously, those blurry hands make a HUGE difference. I know since it makes my friend's cwalk look 100x faster than it actually is) and i see nothing different from it from a true krumper. No offence to krumping, but once a krumper gets in the "zone" and speeds up, most of it looks like flailing of the arms lol. (after all, it is a style that was created by ghetto children to release anger and tension from their troubles)

experience has nothing to do with it. the girl in white obviously had less rhythm. yes you can acquire rhythm thru years of practice, but some people are just have an innate sense of rhythm....i know some people find that hard to believe, but its true.. in my culture the majority of the time we have rhythm...we don't need ppl to tell us how to clap on beat or to move with the music....its just there that's what i mean by a natural dancer. it has nothing to do with taking classes, studying body movement, being technically perfect or what have you. it's a person who can easily move to music...on beat..and make it look as if they arent trying. every dancer who is serious about it will take classes. that's irrelevant, it's when they're learning how easily they learn what makes them natural.

when i say trained dancer, i mean someone who was taught to feel music....taught to be able to count the beats to a song. taught that in order to do the snake you have to first lean you head-followed by neck and shoulders-followed by torso-etc...u get it.some people upon seeing the snake they just DO IT. it's natural. others you look at them attempting it and it looks awkward. they must be taught how by breaking down the individual movements.

my example:

Chelsea from the search for the next PCD . she could dance, but it took her so many times to feel the rhythm of her choreography.to relax. to MOVE. she'd be considered trained because while she could dance, she had to physically count out..step step drop step. Asia (as much as i dont like her) was a natural dancer. she moved flawlessly to the music and picked up the choreography like it was her last name. i hope u can understand what i mean....it has nothing to do with technicalities because they both learned the exact same choreo at the same time its just one was naturally better than the other. both of these ladies were professional dancers prior to this...so i hope you see what i mean by one being a natural and being able to understand the movements.

another example:

two students who have never spoken spanish enroll in their highschool's spanish course. Student A picks up the language quickly, while Student B struggles with certain things like sentence structure, verbs etc. Both of these students are learning the same material in the same class. At the end of the semester, both students can speak spanish but Student A is able to speak fluently while Student B only knows what he has been taught from the text book (his spanish is very formal, A's is sometimes mistaken as native because Student A took what she learned in class, and incorporated real conversational spanish she heard)Student A is naturally better at adapting to and learning languages. while Student B just learns technicalities.

lol that was kinda a quick example..prolly doesnt make sense but yeah...haha

Once again, once you reach a certain point natural ability slows down and you cant tell the difference. And i also believe that people have a built in sense of rhythm, its just that when they think about their moves, lack confidence, or forced to do a choreography they arent too fond of, their dance turns into garbage.

exmple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49EG706L6ac

That video was shot when that kid was dancing for less than a year. Pretty darn good considering its all freestyle and for dancing for only a couple of months.

People assumed he was a natural, i did too.

But then i saw the vids when he first started out and he definately made the list for one of the worst dancers i had ever seen T__T and even at a couple of months his progress was laughable, seriously, looked like one of those kids with no rhythm that try to immatate you on the dance floor after you dance to try and steal attention.

So obviously, he wasnt a "natural" but when people see him dance and the progress he has made in a short amount of time, they assume he is.

you can't compare the way Shakira is doing to the way Boa is doing in

especially in two different dance styles.

Because Shakira is Bellydancing while Boa is hip hop dancing

two different things.

Bellydancing is a heavy influence on shaking and even hip hop in general T____T, heck, shimmy is a bellydance move that shaking adapted, stomach isolation points where inspired by bellydancing.

So, yes you are right that they are different styles, but wrong in saying they are uncomparable.

Anyways, i hate debating dancing politics and having people say that some move or some style is wrong in dancing, cause it degrades the dancer and is dissing the way they express themselves and it seriously discourages people so im out.

keep dancing, and peace.

Guest JF21©

im not going to go back and forth with you about dances because you obviously dont get what i'm trying to say. but let me just tell you about the shaking dance. it was acceptable in the black community because body movement like that is directly derived from africa. maybe in the more ''civilized'' world movement like that would be frowned upon, but not in cultures like african and carribean. think about it. all of the popular dances from the 20s and on in some way came from black culture...Elvis was HEAVILY influenced by the black singers who would do hip gyrations and turns...and that all goes back to african movement..but this isn't a history on dance. :rolleyes:

Bellydancing is a heavy influence on shaking and even hip hop in general T____T, heck, shimmy is a bellydance move that shaking adapted, stomach isolation points where inspired by bellydancing.

So, yes you are right that they are different styles, but wrong in saying they are uncomparable.

um first off, belly dancing has only influenced hip hop dance within the last few years. the shimmy and the harlem shake have nothing to do with each other (speaking about how the moves came about) and

shimmying has NOTHING to do with stomach isolations. it's shoulder isolations not stomach. :rolleyes: also you cannot compare a bellydancer to a hip hop dancer, the same way you cannot compare a ballerina to tap dancers they are completely different styles of dance that have totally different ''rules'' on how to ''execute'' the moves. :rolleyes:

i will agree with you on that i hate debating dance, because i like i said from the beginning people have different views on it. it's like debating whether Picasso's paintings are beautiful. it's all subjective.

<3

Guest fanturntable

I don't have dance training YET.

But i signed just yesturday a contract to an north american entertainment company

and it's also a performing arts school as well included

and i dancing is part of the curriculum . as well as modelling, singing, acting, etc.

I can't wait to be able to get some lessons.

because so far, i can only do like ballet and jazz since im a figure skating -_-

Guest Christie

^ Congratulations!

I have read some comment and agree that you can't compare bellydancing with hiphop..

Took some bellydance-classes 2 years ago and it was really hard!

To the question which dancer is better.. I would say the one with the most experience..

Guest J_ShiNeLL

i think trained dancers are better than natural dancers..

i know lots of ppl here post their dance moves and such in here but

wheres the technique?

without technique you have no foundation. its the same for anything. i play piano

and when ppl play by ear its like okay great you can do that but what about dynamics, fingering, making the piano "sing," and so on.

i think "natural" dancers pretty much just mimic what they see.

oh

and them korean pop star girls who are in girl-groups and stuff

thats not dancing.

its hopping around trying to be cute.

i think there are a couple respectable dancers in korea...

like jang whoo hyuk... chunmoo stephanie and minwoo.. and nam hyunjoon.

they've all had training. and all have their own coreographers thus making them

the better dancers.

Guest craisin

I think the element that separates natural dancers from trained dancers is their amount of discipline in themselves and how hard they work themselves. Trained dancers just learn the moves from someone, but not any amount of training can break down step by step how to put your soul into it. That's something someone has to learn on their own. That's why some trained dancers, no matter how clean cut and perfect the moves are, look as if they are lacking something. They focus themselves too much on the moves rather than the music, which would be entirely missing the point because dancing is mainly about portraying the music with your body and just flowing with it. The focus is not the moves, but the music.

On the other hand, natural dancers have to learn everything by themselves. True, there are some natural dancers who would rather watch somehting and pick it up, and there's nothing wrong with that. But a few of them have to teach themselves eveything that a trainer would try to teach a trained dancer. And since every dancer is different, this dancer would be helping him/herself more by exploring what is right for them instead of trying to fit into a particular style that is being teached or a style that they would like to be. Hmm. Did i miss something? lol ^^;;; Trained dancers dafinietly have to work harder because there is no one there to tell them where to start or break it dwon into easier parts, but in a sense they get more out of it because of this. And I believe there is a certain amount of talent that a natural dancer has to have, but a dancer can't lack discipline. They have to work themselves to the limit. Natural dancers form this type of work ethic more easily because they are forced to do everything themselves. I guess some people are born to dance.. but anyone can become a dancer. It's not about how good they are or how good the moves are because in the end dance is just a form of expression and whoever the dancer is can choose to do this in whatever way. Sure, there are some people who just get "it" but I don't really consider them antural dancers because most of the time they lack the motivation to work because they are already good. And the technique comes along in the dancers that train themselves more strictly and focus on becoming better all the time.

And I think someone mentioned ballet/jazz dancers not being able to do hip hop? I guess the transition from ballet would be too harsh. But it's easier to transition from hip hop to ballet/jazz. Some people can do both hip hop and ballet. :)

Anyways, I'm not trying to say that natural dancers are better. I was just kind of .. upset? at all the bashing in here on natural dancers. C'mon guys..

--------------------edit----------------------

lol, I was scrolling up and i watched the "trained dancer" and "not trained dancer"...

Yea, there is a big difference.... T.T;;

J_Shinell: I agree with you about the korean girl groups. And I'm so glad you mentioned Nam Hyun Joon~<3 Love him. But Jang Woo Hyuk and M are really trying to copy Nam Hyun Joon, more Jang Woo Hyuk. You see him coming out with Nam Hyun Joon's routines all the time and it's not very respectable because Woo Hyuk's a star already so he shouldn't be trying to imitate other people at that level. He's a good dancer already, don't see why he feels the need to copy someone. But i love Hyun Joon. Speaking of him, you said he has a choreographer? I don't think that's true. He's been in his own crew for a while (the one where there's a girl named poppin' bora. they came out on mbc dance battle once). I might be wrong, but I think he makes his own stuff up. And if he doesn't well you see him freestyling all the time, same with Chunmoo Stephanie. But I don't know bout M and Jang woo Hyuk. anyways..

Do u believe there is a such thing as a natural dancer?

Yeah, I totally believe that some people were born to dance.

like me, I was SO not born to dance. x___x I can't move my body for life haha.

but some other people, you can kind of.. tell lol

I don't know -0-;; but like what someone said, things like ballet is all about technique so for things like that.. anyone who can commit themselves, work hard, learn the tecnhiniques, are flexible will succeed with ballet.

but other things where it involves a lot of freestyle.. hmm.

actually, I don't really know what each kind of dance does but all I know is that

there are people who were born to be dancers

it's kindof like piano.

some people were naturally born to play piano .. whereas others were trained and practiced for hours.

and yet you can hear the difference..

Archived