* Title (Romaji): Yamada Taro Monogatari

* Also known as: The Story of Yamada Taro

* Genre: Comedy

* Format: Renzoku

* Broadcast network: TBS

* Broadcast period: 2007-Jul to

* Air time: Friday 22:00

Synopsis

Based off the manga of the same name, Ninomiya Kazunari plays the title role of Taro Yamada, a smart, good-looking, and athletic high schooler. Unknown to his classmates, however, is that Yamada is actually living in poverty. - Tokyograph (http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-1046)

Cast

* Ninomiya Kazunari as Yamada Taro

* Sakurai Sho

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tenshi62

hahah i read some of this manga before in the past .. its sooo funny!~

best part is that theres sho and nino

guess sho will be the rich one?

cant wait.. hope it turns out good~

Guest ponkie

OMG! *fangirls mode on* I LOVE THIS MANGA!! I read it such a long time ago and I still love it since. Wasn't there a TW series based on this manga?

I couldn't really imagine Nino as Yamada, but I love him and he's talented enough, so let's see. One thing for sure, I'll probably be going kawwwaaaiiiii~~ every seconds watching this drama... his siblings.. omy :wub:

Guest losborrachos

so sho is the rich best friend yes? i remember the taiwanese version with vic zhou and ken zhu, i was obsessed with the thing...

anyways, looking forward to nino back in the comedy genre...

Guest mayyeejeh

surprisingly, i never heard of this manga... now imma read since everyone likes it... i want to watch this now, cause Sho is in it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shinhaku

Based off the manga of the same name, Ninomiya Kazunari plays the title role of Taro Yamada, a smart, good-looking, and athletic high schooler. Unknown to his classmates, however, is that Yamada is actually living in poverty

Broadcast period: 2007-Jul to 2007-Sept

Cast

Ninomiya Kazunari as Yamada Taro

Sakurai Sho as Takuya Mimura

Kikuchi Momoko as Yamada Ayako

Source: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yamada_Taro_Monogatari

surprisingly, there was a TW version of this series, those lame TW producers cant never make anything of their own :tongue2: . I personally don't like Nino, Sho is ok but in any case, this drama seems to be a real treat for Arashi fan. I've seen the manga b4 but never read it. For some reason, it smells shonen-ai-ish to me but maybe i'm wrong. i'll check out the manga though :ph34r:

Guest Death Note

Ah! I need to see this. Nino is <3.

He's a good actor :). IHe was good in Letters from Iwo Jima and Stand Up!!.

I've never seen Sho act before though, well i'll finally get to see :D.

Thanks for postin this ^_^

Guest chibiblue88

OH YAY!!! I read a few volumes of Yamada and it was HILARIOUS!

^haha yeah. It's basically a comedy. Yamada is considered the PERFECT student--he is gorgeous, kind, humble, athletic, and mysterious. People think that his personality is a result from being in a rich, cultured family but in reality he is DIRT POOR. He lives in a shack with a million siblings, and uses leftover vegetables and bread crumbs that supermarkets throw away for dinner! I won't say anymore, because it would ruin it for people who haven't read it yet.

Crap I want to watch it now.

Guest megahotstuff

i think i've seen the TW version.. it's funny and i liked it... i'm really looking forward to the JP version. it will be the same story but diff in someway..... it will be like Meteor Garden vs, Hana Yori Dango :)

Archived