[MANGA/ANIME] Skip Beat!

broken.wings

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sweetsweet

Woah, chapter 148 was 0_0, very satisfying though and the cliffhanger :P Next issue coming in December!

Sensei made up for chap 147 which was extremely short with this new chapter, omg, such a cliffhanger! All the Ren x Kyouko's fans are going crazy about it haha me included~ After 20+ volume, do you think they're gonna kiss though? I have this feeling that they won't kiss and sensei is teasing us lol Ren probably will get interrupted by Yashiro or someone, or chicken out halfway or Kyouko pass out from the wine (she did say she tasted the jelly before to make sure it's nice right?) But but I hope they will! Just don't wanna get my hopes up too much. If it happens then this will be the major development in their relationship so far :lol:

Guest DarkAngelInLove

KISS HER!! KISS HER!! KISS HER!! KISS HER!! KISS HER!!

But most likely he won't. This is Ren we're talking about. He has more control of his feelings than Kyoko. Most likely he'll just kiss her on the forehead, but it's going to have a much deeper affect on her than Sho's little prank.

BUT I'M HOPING HE KISSES HER!!!

Guest myluckyself

^ hasn't it already?

*goes and checks*

EDIT:

A live-action television drama version has been announced in a press conference in Japan.

Two idol stars of previous Taiwanese drama versions of shōjo manga will headline this new production. Ariel Lin, the actress who starred in the live-action It Started With a Kiss (TV series) adaptation of Kaoru Tada's Itazura na Kiss manga, will play Kyōko. Jerry Yan rose to international stardom in the Meteor Garden drama retelling of Yoko Kamio's Hana Yori Dango manga, and he will now take on the Skip Beat! role of Kyōko's acting mentor Ren Tsuruga. Production has been halted as the Japanese production group is rejudging the script.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip-Beat!

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ yeah but it got canceled (which im glad)

I hope they'll never make a live action out of Skip Beat :( its too good to be ruined by live-action series.

^omg are you guys serious?! they actually did think of making a live action version?!

whoa, where was i when this was announced? wow..

anyways, i'm glad they canceled it. i mean i'm not happy about the cast members they decide to choose for the characters roles. Aerial Lin? erm...seriously i don't think she can act-maybe over exaggerate. i guess thats probably a reason why but still, no. as for Jerry? hrm...yeah somewhat..but no. i don't think he can pull off the cool, cold yet peaceful kind Ren.

man..they've stopped production but yet i'm already thinking of possible candidates :D.

and i don't mind so much if they did decide to make a live action version. just as long as they choose the right people and do it right. if it turned out wrong then theres hell to pay~

Guest Storytime

I wish they continued the anime seires though. But it is definitely a pain waiting for chapters monthly. Nonetheless, this is still the only manga I wait for. I really hope Ren does it. It's about time.

Guest garnet07

Ren kissing Kyoko is the ONLY way for Kyoko to forget about THAT other kiss. Haha about Ren's face when Kyoko did the "evil wanna kill Shou" expression. Goodness, Kyoko somehow needs to stop thinking about that, and I can't think of any other possibilities besides a "real kiss" happening to replace that bad memory. Ahhh why must it be till December?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought they already finished filming a live action version with jerry yan and ella from S.H.E, but it hasnt aired yet... or am i totally wrong and the drama they filmed is something totally different.

Guest Ssaga_G

I absolutely love this manga.

It's really hilarious.

I read this manga and pretty much only read it for the acting parts. (and the chicken Kyoko parts)

The romance isn't all that great. Ren annoys me and Shou's just a big jerk.

But everything's progressing so slow lately. I want to see more acting stuff.

She's never going to get famous is she <_<

And I'm glad they canceled the drama. I don't like either of those actors.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sweetsweet

Chap 149 raw is out~

WOW

I'm very satisfied, that was sort of worth the long wait :) I didn't expect Ren to kiss Kyoko at all, and a lot of other fans also predicted that they won't kiss. But haha Nakamura-sensei proved us wrong. Even though it was not a kiss on the lip, a kiss on the cheek is still a kiss! And who knew that a kiss like that could be so powerful?! Now imagine the kiss on the lip next time XD Ren was awesome in this chapter, Kyoko was so cute after the kiss. :P Glad to see Moko as well ^_^ Next chap in 2 weeks!

Guest nobody knows

Chap 149 raw is out~

WOW

I'm very satisfied, that was sort of worth the long wait :) I didn't expect Ren to kiss Kyoko at all, and a lot of other fans also predicted that they won't kiss. But haha Nakamura-sensei proved us wrong. Even though it was not a kiss on the lip, a kiss on the cheek is still a kiss! And who knew that a kiss like that could be so powerful?! Now imagine the kiss on the lip next time XD Ren was awesome in this chapter, Kyoko was so cute after the kiss. :P Glad to see Moko as well ^_^ Next chap in 2 weeks!

I dunno, I don't think Ren would kiss her on the lips anytime soon because he told her "you can kiss once on the lips and consider it just acting, but twice with the same person isn't allowed"

so I guess until Kyoko and Ren are "together," we won't be seeing lip action ;x

and I love Ren's expression when he saw how much trouble Kyoko had with her scenes :D I dunno what to call that face, but he looked pretty happy about what he did

:D

Archived