[MANGA/ANIME] Skip Beat!

broken.wings

by Nakamura YoshikiSkip Beat!
SkipBeatfull145347.jpg
Synopsis:

Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

Volume 1:
Kyoko knows she's not plain and uninteresting, no matter what Sho says. With the help of a little makeover, Kyoko's ready to exact her revenge. But first she needs to land an audition, and she sets her sights on the agency where Sho's lead rival works. Her persistence pays off, but her broken heart turns out to be a disadvantage. Kyoko has lost the will to love anybody, let alone fans she's never met. Can the agency see past this problem to Kyoko's true star potential?

Info from: http://www.viz.com/products/products.php?product_id=5846

Volumes: 35 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=376

Published by: Viz

Anime Episodes: 25

*This series has also live action drama released

80632931_3372786094_00858efc35.jpg
http:Mogami-Kyouko-skip-beat-34994141-1024-76
5zpg8g.jpg

I love this manga! It is funny and the storyline is interesting. It's not the typical girl likes boy. image

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Izam.

Nope, I read actual copies. I have volume 1-15 (hooray for Chinese publishers). I don't really like the main guy though, he's not in there much anyway. I wish there are more romance in this....and not so much side stories....But it's still a very good manga and for once the main girl is a strong individual (she's so funny)

I hope V.G. stick around. I think they add a little twist to the story.

Guest simpleandpink

I've read what's out [up to V5, I think]

keke, I like it :) Not enough for me to buy it though...but it's pretty funny, I kept laughing when I read it at Borders today...:lol: I want to see the pink jumpsuit!

I thought it was refreshing, especially her REASON for going into showbiz...it's different from the usual boy-meets-girl and boy = celebrity story lines...

:lol: In Volume 4, when she's in the chicken costume xD

Guest chll51

i love this series. haha. it's so freaking hilarious. i'm all caught up to chappie 105 now. just waiting for 106 to come out :D

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

loved it, started reading the scanlation when it first came out, then got tired of waiting, so i read the raws in japanese, i believe all of the volumes that was out, forgot.. read it a long time..

haha, i love all of her works.. her main characters/heroines are all strong willed!

&tokyo crazy paradise! i love that series from her the most! XD

^TOKYO CRAZY PARADISE IS THE BOMB! OMFG RYUUJI AND TSUKASA ARE THE LOVE.

*coughcoughcough* Anyways, I'd say that if anyone loves Skip Beat, they should look at Tokyo Crazy Paradise. I love Kyoko in SB, and her little demons are the absolute love and hilarious. Although Shou just makes me want to smack him at times...*sighs*

Guest Sweetsweet

I love Skip Beat ^^ Ren is such a hot and sweet guy <3 I'm up to chap 101, need to catch up :sweatingbullets: I wish they could make an anime version of this manga, it's gonna be so good :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest emensity

just started reading it ..OMG it's soo good..ren's soo cool and some of the images of kyoko acting are soo hot! ..also read tokyo crazy paradise...lols

question : does anyone know where i can find volume 8 and 9 [excluding chapter 54] also chapters 55-56??? i'm missing those chapters and really wanna know whats happenning..i've got the raws but i don't understand japanese >_<

Guest estherfull

i absolutely love this series, y s america so slow with the books, i have up to books 6 but read way ahead with the scanlations...Please support this series

Guest predator

I've read the first couple volumes. ^^;;

I really like it a lot. I love the girl. And a really interesting story line.

Guest Catmuncher

Be a member of the Skip Beat yahoo groups, you'll get all the chapters there, well maybe not all, some are yet to be translated, but yeah.

I went to join, but it said they DON'T have scantalations, and not to ask for them...anyone know somewhere I could get volume eight chapter 45 and up from?

Guest precious4e

I love Skip Beat!

I just read chapter 106 and its getting SO interesting. I love how the manga never seems to get boring or dragged out. I can't wait to find out what happens.

btw.....I think TCP is one of the best mangas i've read. I even like it better than Skip Beat.

Guest Izam.

I love Skip Beat!

I just read chapter 106 and its getting SO interesting. I love how the manga never seems to get boring or dragged out. I can't wait to find out what happens.

btw.....I think TCP is one of the best mangas i've read. I even like it better than Skip Beat.

Really? I didn't like TCP at all it was so boring. I sold the whole set on e-bay XP

Guest emensity

amatsu: thanks.. i had a look the yahoo group but they don't have what i wanted..ohwells..it's okay..my friend's buying them but they release the books soo slowly >_<

Guest ladyyehse

skip beat!!! <3

absolutely LOVE this manga.

gah i finished reading 106, and i think the raw for 107 is out, but im not sure if its the chinese one... =\

Guest predator

i finished volume 5 today XD

it was soooo good

i love how kanae & kyoko act together ^^

it was really interesting & i could learn from it :lol:

edit//

i own this page!

Guest miki_07

huhuhu.I wish I can understand the actual language!wah!!!SO i don't have to wait for translations.T.T.Anyway, it is worth the wait.

Guest precious4e

Really? I didn't like TCP at all it was so boring. I sold the whole set on e-bay XP

haha I thought it was hilarious. I liked the overall story though some parts I could do without (like all mangas). And it was the first Nakamura Yoshiki manga i've read and I really liked her style.

amatsu: thanks.. i had a look the yahoo group but they don't have what i wanted..ohwells..it's okay..my friend's buying them but they release the books soo slowly >_<

I know a page where they have some newer/hard to find chapters. The rest you can get on mIRC lol. Which are you looking for? You can PM me for the page if you want.

just finished chapter 47 (yup totally new to this manga). I. LOVE. THIS. PERIOD. hahaha oh my god it's been soooo freakin' long since I ever read anything GOOD related to acting after, of course, Glass mask. And it's hilarious as well. I was like...laughing out loud whenever Kyoko is lost in her crazy thoughts lolz (i was searching "skip beat scanlations" on google and stumbled on this thread :D --> will PM the person above ^_^) I love how Shou is totally a jerk but slowly he realizes his feelings for Kyoko, in a very realistic way (not in a, say, "oh my god she transformed into this beautiful girl so I must love her" kind of way). And of course Ren is awesome too ^_^

So, that's my ranting, because I just have to do it, somehow, somewhere :D

Archived