Please Help Me! Thread!

Admin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eucharis

I have a question: is there a translation request section for news about Korean dramas/movies in soompi ?

I can't take any advantage from google trans 'cause in some cases, for ex, a long piece of news, it doesn't work well at all.

I have a question,

I've watched this recently : http://isplus.joins.com/component/castnet/201002/201002170039341001_1.jpg

I'd like to know the show name please

thanks

Guest Road_less_taken

So it's been a while since I've watched a korean movie/drama (4+ years) and I'm not up to date with what's good lately. The last one I was was Coffee Prince and I didn't quite like it. It was entertaining, but I was hoping for something more realistic? I really like korean dramas where brothers and sisters fall in love (like in Stairway to Heaven, One Fine Day, Tree of Heaven, etc.) or a similiar loving relationship between an older guy and younger girl...do you have any other to recommend?

Here are some other movies/dramas I liked:

Liked:

Tree of Heaven

One Fine Day

Full House (Comedy)

My Girl (Comedy)

1 Litre of Tears (Japanese)

My Sassy Girl (k-movie; I tend to like dramas)

Did not like:

Love Story in Harvard (Overly long; too serious)

Coffee Prince

The Vineyard Man

My Lovely Sam Soon (was a bit too long, I did somewhat like it)

Thanks for your help!! :)

Guest ingridjoy

Sorry, don't know where to put this :(

haha, thought this is the nearest? Pleae move to a more "appropiate" spot, if its not,

thanks !

Anyways, since i've been watching korean drama's i've noticed the subtittles at the end of the last few ep. of the drama always stuff up? or like their wrong translation, how do I know ? because I have that feeling, LOL .. I was watching coffee prince suddlenly their names change, and the word manager turned into "editor?" , LOL and also for other drama's i've watched like Brilliant Legacy and Dream. .. Hmmp, this also happens to me in original dvd's? So yeah, just curious if it was just me D: ?

My favorite kind of Kdramas are the more melodramatic and serious ones with loads of angst and emotions (as well as an obsessive male lead) because if done right, they can really tug on my heartstrings. I watch Kdramas mainly for the romance and chemistry/tension between the leads and my favorite ones always feature a likable female lead (one who either isn't interested in the male lead or at least doesn't allow him to walk all over her) and an alpha male lead who's very devoted to the girl (steadfast in his love). After being on a Kdrama hiatus for more than a year, I was lured back by the outstanding 2009 hit, "Shining Inheritance" -loved the love story btw the leads and how the main male fell so hard for the girl. I was also very impressed with the heroine's loyalty to her family: My favorite kind of heroine is always one who's goal in life is something other than snagging a guy and the girl in SH became one of my most favorite heroines (loved her attitude). With that said, are there any other Kdrama recommendations that fit my preferences? Here are some of my most favorite ones with amazing chemistry and devoted main male (or more often than not, male(s)):

Autumn tale (Both guys really loved the girl)

Winter Sonata (Fell in love with BYJ's character; loved how persistent he was in pursuing CJW)

Damo (Main male was willing to sacrifice everything for HJW -this series can really depress you)

All About Eve (ultimate prince charming; can't ask for more from JDG and his unconditional love for CR)

Stairway to Heaven (Can't get more obsessed than KSW in here -he was smokn' and utterly fixated on CJW)

Punch aka Ddae Ryuh (Joo Jin Mo did everything for Shin min Ah and those 2 were my craze back in 2003 -so much chemistry)

What Happened in Bali (JIS is as obsessed with his girl in here as KSW was with his in STH -so much tension)

Shining Inheritance (absolutely fell in love with the 2 leads: loved their bickering and tension)

Dae Jang Geum (loved everything about the drama and the male lead who always supported JG)

Be Strong, Geum-soon (Although the romance btw the 2 leads was so slow because of the drama length, their love story was full of chemistry and the male lead was so persistent and vulnerable)

Tamra Island (man did I love the eloquent and clever, boyish yet manly male lead with his hidden agenda and everlasting love for our cute heroine even though she pretty much spurned him until the end)

Love Story in Harvard (Again, both male leads were gaga over KTH -tho I never found KRW really attractive, he had loads of chemistry with KTH and would do anything for her)

Nine-tailed Fox (LOVED the 2nd male lead in here; KTH was everything to him -although the main guy was also very endearing towards KTH, I didn't really like him)

All the above dramas (which happen to be among the best all-time dramas as well) feature heroines who either didn't like the main guy at first or are more focused on other goals and male leads who fall really HARD for them (loved them first/does the pursuing or are really steadfast/persistent in their love). I would love for more dramas similar to these gems; any recommendations -I really want to become emotionally involved? Thanks!!!

Oooh, I also remember "Emperor of the Sea" where the 2nd male was so much more attractive and loved the main girl to pieces even when she never threw him a bone -he was sort of the villain, but that just makes everything all the more interesting. Any other recommendations -please, please, please?

Guest BlackSoul12012

I don't know if this was asked before but does anyone know where I could get the sound effects they always use in variety shows? For example the cat sound used for Hyori in Family Outing?

Please help me / PM me!

Thanks in advance =)

hi!

I was wondering whats a good site to direct download kdramas

because i make fanvids like azngirly2005 if you guys know them!

they're great!

they have great quality but not only that its not convenient if u just use youtube

because some videos can be very bad quality.

thanks!!

Guest iamvick

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if someone could reccommend me a drama.

In particular I'm looking for a Romantic Comedy with a Food/Restaurant theme.

I've already watched 'Pasta' and I loved it! Also watched 'First Shop Of Coffee Prince' so not those two please.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Guest andy<33

do you know what happened to tek1nn's site? fyi, tek1nn is a wordpress blog in providing latest and newest link for korean dramas and varieties. it's been since... er~ yesterday? i lil bit unsure, tek1nn closed down. as well his/her twitter.

do you know why? because, honestly i like to download from there. i feel lil bit sad knowing this. :/

and, if you have recommended link for the latest uploaded kdrama/variety link please tell me :)

Guest exceptional.chic

i was watching KBSworld yesterday and i came across a drama entitled I Am A Teacher or something like that. lee min ho was one of the actors and he seemed young in that drama.

i tried to search the net regarding this but i can't find any info. TOP was also included in the drama.

do you know where i could find links?

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if someone could reccommend me a drama.

In particular I'm looking for a Romantic Comedy with a Food/Restaurant theme.

I've already watched 'Pasta' and I loved it! Also watched 'First Shop Of Coffee Prince' so not those two please.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

My Name is Kim Sam Soon has a bit of a baking/food theme - the main character, Sam Soon, is a patissier and her love interest Jin Heon runs a restaurant.

i was watching KBSworld yesterday and i came across a drama entitled I Am A Teacher or something like that. lee min ho was one of the actors and he seemed young in that drama.

i tried to search the net regarding this but i can't find any info. TOP was also included in the drama.

do you know where i could find links?

I believe you're looking for I Am Sam:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144910

Guest pny_004

For those who have or are using Subtitle Workshop, I've got a question: what can it do? More specifically, can I edit subtitles with it? Like if an episode's subtitles' sentences didn't make sense, can I change/edit them using this program?

--Thanks!

Guest beautifully.shattered.

Does anyone know the old show where they would find people that they've lost (like mothers looking for children vice versa)? It's a pretty old show, and there would always be this song that plays when they called "umma!" or something through this door and whoever they were looking for would come out. Please reply if you think you might know. Thank you!