[drama Japan 2002] 空から降る一億の星 / Sora K

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Kimura Takuya, Fukatsu Eri, Igawa Haruka

sorakarafuruichiokunohoshi.jpg

* Title: 空から降る一億の星

* Title (romaji): Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi

* Also known as: One Million Stars Falling from the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes

* Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Romance

* Episodes: 11

* Viewership ratings: 22.26%

* Broadcast network: Fuji TV

* Broadcast period: 2002-Apr-15 to 2002-June-24

* Air time: Monday 21:00

* Theme Song: Smile by Elvis Costello

Synopsis

The story opens after a young female student kills herself by jumping off a balcony. It's soon discovered that she was in fact stabbed, and the room arranged to make it look like a suicide. And so we begin. A few minor details lead Detective Kanzo (Akashiya Sanma) to suspect that Ryo (Kimura Takuya), an enigmatic chef's assistant, knows more about her death.The two have run into each other by chance a few times, and each time left Kanzo with an uncomfortable feeling. Every clue that is revealed seems to lead to more questions about Ryo, his obsessive girlfriend, his callous and manipulative relations with several women, and about a painful memory from Kanzo's past. Things get more complicated when a powerful love/hate relationship develops between Ryo and Kanza's little sister, the beautiful Yuko (Eri Fukatsu). What exactly is their connection? As the evidence (and body count) rises, Kanza tries desperately to save his sister from Ryo's influence. He's no saint, but is he the Devil Kanza thinks he is? And why? The answers will floor you, even when you think you've got them figured out already.

Cast

* Akashiya Sanma as Dojima Kanzo

* Kimura Takuya as Katase Ryo

* Fukatsu Eri as Dojima Yuko

* Igawa Haruka as Nishihara Miwa

* Shibasaki Kou as Mizashita Yuki

* Tayama Ryosei as Takashi Osawa

* Yashima Norito as Kusaka Keita

* Morishita Aiko as Sugita Kotoko

* Ohsumi Kenya (大澄賢也) as Kashiwagi Naoya

* Kaneko Takatoshi as Mukai Yuki

Episode Titles & Ratings

* Ep 01: 「出逢い」 "Fateful Encounter"

* Ep 02: 「悪い男 」 "Bad Man"

* Ep 03: 「止まらない想い」 "Unstoppable Feelings"

* Ep 04: 「悲しい真相」 "Sad Truth"

* Ep 05: 「死のくちづけ」 "Kiss of Death"

* Ep 06: 「急展開、殺人」 "Rapid Development, Murderer"

* Ep 07: 「美羽、その愛と死」 "Beautiful Wings, Love and Death"

* Ep 08: 「明かされた過去」 "Revealed Past"

* Ep 09: 「二人結ばれた夜」 "The Night We Became One"

* Ep 10: 「悲劇」 "Tragedy"

* Ep 11: 「運命」 "Destiny"

Guest sheart

lol this one was really interesting! lots of twists and def. kept you wanting to see the next episode. i highly recommend it. and you know, kimura takuya ;)

Guest Maia-chan

Such a good drama, and such good acting all around from the cast! Kimura was phenomenal, Fukatsu Eri was excellent, Akashiya Sanma was great, and Shibasaki Kou was really good as the jealous other girl! And the ending...OMG! Total must watch! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

is the drama really that good? i watch the first episode and it's soooo boring and draggy. -___-

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY KEEP WATCHING IT!!! THIS IS THE BEST KIMURA DRAMA EVER NEXT TO PRIDE AND GOOD LUCK

ALL THE PICS AND EVERYTHING I COULD FUND

Reu1.jpg

One-Million.jpg

One-Million3.jpg

One-Million-Star6.jpg

one-Million-Star-5.jpg

One-Million2.jpg

amillionstarsfallfromthda4.jpg

66427116fe9.jpg

• 3 months later...

I just started this drama... I found episode 1 boring but it picked up in episode 2. Again I found episode 5 boring but 6 was better. Then I had to go to bed but I spent the whole night dreaming of the characters. :wacko:

This show is so dramatic (which I love)... but overall, I'll say it's good so far.

• 1 month later...

This CNN story made me think of this drama

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/0...ref=mpstoryview

LONDON, England -- A set of British twins who were separated at birth went on to marry each other without realizing they were related, the UK Press Association reported Friday.

The brother and sister, who were adopted by separate parents, were given an annulment after a High Court judge ruled that the marriage had never been valid.

Their identities and details of their relationship have been kept secret, but the Press Association reported that the duo did not find out that they were blood relatives until after they were married.

i like this dorama..

except for the ending..sad ending is fine with me, but this one..urghh.they turned out to be bro n sis,which imo,the idea was very,very LAME

• 3 months later...
Guest angelteuk

OMG. I SO SO SO LOVE THIS DRAMA!!

This is the best tear jerker drama!!!! And my all time favorite!!!

My god. The last episode was just the bomb! XD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest simoneaw

I love this drama! Of all Takuya's shows he has acted in, for me this one really gave him the credit of being a good actor and not just a pretty face. Also, the character he plays in it is really different from the usual kind and goodey characters he gets like Pride, Good Luck, Engine and Change. I seriously recommend it to every fan of his.

Its also because of this drama that I fell in love with Takuya-Eri pairing as a couple, they have really good on-screen chemistry. I just wrote a pretty long rant in the forum for their latest drama they once again act together in 'CHANGE', if you're a fan of them as a couple, please read that too.

*Just A Note*

I'm not a Takuya-Matsu fan and I'm totally rooting for more Taku-Eri pairing than just the 3 shows they have acted as a couple together. So if you are a fan of Love Generation and all, don't mind me.

Its was the mystery part of the story that enticed me to start watching this drama in the first place, and the fact that Takuya doesn't get to act as a bad guy that got my interest. At the start everything was moving really slowly but I was pretty impressed with Takuya's convincing act as a mysterious person, making me continue on with the series to try to find out what he's planning to do with the rich girl.

By the 2nd episode, I fell in love with Ryo-Yuko pairing when he gently and sensitively covered her scar with a blanket. Although at first I felt that it was pretty wrong of Yuko to be interested in her friend's boyfriend, but after researching up on genetic sexual attraction I guess I can understand what draws them together. It seems that Ryo would always act differently around her, making fun of her, smiling and laughing when he sees her, which is a side he doesn't seem to show Miwa or Yuki.

The 3rd episode was pretty cute, as it seems that for the first time Ryo was actually genuinely taking interest in someone, listening intently to Yuko rant on about herself and started laughing at her cuteness. Yuko seems to only take interest in Ryo's reaction to her scar, since she doesn't ask others about opinion to it. I felt that the scriptwriter did pretty well in using the scars to represent the hurts we all carry on ourselves, not wanting to show our vulnerable side to others. Those hurts would keep us in some level of solitude and loneliness, separating ourselves from other. I guess no one likes to be pitied, not even by someone who may have gone through similar situations as themselves. By this episode I start to feel Ryo's emotional struggles, and I stopped thinking of him as the bad guy somehow. But he still seems a little scary to be kissing Miwa so passionately and yet with his eyes open and cold-looking.

Ryo likes to tease Yuko a lot in episode 4, I thought they had really good chemistry even thought they were just walking about and eating together. No wonder Yuki got jealous. I was mesmerised by Takuya's eyes when he pointed at her and said she was the one he really liked. *faints* He always take particular interest in Yuko, even noticing that she's wearing a skirt and praised her.

The writer seems to use the bird as a representation of Ryo himself, having only the bird to keep his lonely self company. And Yuko would always be the one that allows him to find his true self [she returns the bird to him in episode 5 when it flew away] and she would take care of his heart [taking care of the bird when he's gone]. She's also the only one allowed in to his place [his heart], revealing how he feels for the first time, although it still baffles me how she knew where he lived since no one was ever invited to his place. That's why I loved episode 5, it shows a lot about Ryo's emotions. It was unethical of Yuko to kiss Ryo as a friend, but I can't say I wasn't happy to see them together. I could really feel their chemistry and the intensity as they were just looking at each other. Their kisses in this drama are pretty hot, its probably the most number of times Takuya ever kissed his female lead this passionately. *jealous*

Yuko is the lousiest friend ever, seeing Ryo after Miwa just died. But who can blame her for not being able to resist Ryo's charms. To Ryo, Yuko seems to be like the sun that would never die but live on even when the world ends. It's like he wanted to show her the drawing he keeps in the fridge but hesitated since he was planning on leaving for awhile. Leaving the bird with her was like leaving his heart by her side, and he promised to return even though it's not his style.

Another good episode was no. 8, seeing him finally showing his weak side to Yuko and depending on her, opening up his heart. Takuya acted that scene really well, making me commend his talent instead of his looks. Ryo actually looked shy after he said he wanted to bring her to the place in the drawing. He was starting to look like he really liked her I totally didn't see the stabbing part at the end coming.

I loved episode 9 also! Seeing them finally together, the bed scene shows the true meaning of sex rather than just doing it for the pleasure without any feelings. I guess its also the first time Ryo has ever had sex because of love. I've never seen any of Takuya's bed scene so intimate it makes me jealous again. I was pretty shocked to see Eri's breasts covered only by Takuya's arm since usually the actresses would pull up the blanket to their collarbone. I would feel pretty uncomfortable if I were them, but they seemed professional enough to not let it get in the way of their chemistry. I wanted to scold myself for being so stupid as to not see the hints the director has left, making them sleep in that position that reveals their scars being somehow connected. Why didn't I see the sibling part coming?

Maybe its because they go so well together in this show that their chemistry was still apparent in 'CHANGE' after 6 years. They looked so cute together just looking at pictures, having fun at the amusement park. I like the way he would smell her hair and kiss her head so naturally like a real couple as if he can't keep away from her. Its sad that just as he decided to settle down with her he has to recall that she's her sister.

Now that they are siblings I guess dying is the only way, since they can't end up together. Ryo should be happy to die in her hands rather than in others perhaps. The last episode is most probably a tear-jerker for most people. Overall, it really gave me some new perspective to certain things. A good show to catch.

Thank you Sinmoneaw for your wonderful review. This series is also my favorite KimuTaku's piece too, just watched it recently, more accurate, in 2 weeks, and I still am not over it.

Just a slight note, your post contained heavy SPOILERS :) It would be great if you can edit them in spoiler tags, or color them so people whom have not watched this great drama can totally enjoy it. Thank you.

I love this drama! Of all Takuya's shows he has acted in, for me this one really gave him the credit of being a good actor and not just a pretty face. Also, the character he plays in it is really different from the usual kind and goodey characters he gets like Pride, Good Luck, Engine and Change. I seriously recommend it to every fan of his.

Completely agree, urgently recommend it to everyone.

Not watched CHANGE yet, on my waiting list, of course.

For these other 3 shows you listed above, Engine is the best for me (I'm not talking about his other shows).

Its also because of this drama that I fell in love with Takuya-Eri pairing as a couple, they have really good on-screen chemistry. I just wrote a pretty long rant in the forum for their latest drama they once again act together in 'CHANGE', if you're a fan of them as a couple, please read that too.

Thank you, I read it, and will come back to your post when I find my time to CHANGE.

*Just A Note*

I'm not a Kimura-Matsu fan and I'm totally rooting for more Taku-Eri pairing than just the 3 shows they have acted as a couple together. So if you are a fan of Love Generation and all, don't mind me.

I am a Takuya-Matsu fan. And I love LOVE GENERATION as well as HERO so much that I thought no other actress could compare to Matsu Takako in pairing with Kimura. Until now I refuse to watch Long Vacation just because he's not end up with Takako, he he he. But you're right about Fukatsu Eri. I was stunned at how great their chemistry is. For me, now, both Matsu and Fukatsu are equal as Kimura's on-screen partner :)

At Love Generation, I found Kimura-Matsu relationship as true love, real love, very realistic therefore so attached. And for Ryo-Yuko interaction in One Million Stars, they are Soul Mate to each other, person that you can find only one in the whole world, the reason to live. I was completely breathless at every scenes of them, felt hot from the spark, but also there were always a vague uneasiness threatening them. It put their love in more intense, and leave a deep impact on me.

Totally enjoy reading other things you said. Have you ever noticed this point? I didn't see anyone pointed out when I google others' reviews: The "Hotel Palace of Angel" or s.th similar, the neon sign of the hotel next to Ryo house was always in mirror/inverse side, never shown the direct "Angel", except 2 or 3 times when Ryo and Yuko were together. It's symbolized enough.

The ending was really sad, but it's the most suitable ending. Although

I was shocked at the last two shots from that two persons,

I didnt expected it happened at that time.

I know they directed to a tragic ending like that,

but can't stop myself from shocking at the way they processed.

Watching the show also leave me a deep mark.

Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simoneaw

Thank you Sinmoneaw for your wonderful review. This series is also my favorite KimuTaku's piece too, just watched it recently, more accurate, in 2 weeks, and I still am not over it.

Just a slight note, your post contained heavy SPOILERS :) It would be great if you can edit them in spoiler tags, or color them so people whom have not watched this great drama can totally enjoy it. Thank you.

I'm sorry I have no idea how I'm suppose to color the words off. Teach me.

Archived