* Title: 牛に願いを Love & Farm

* Title (Romaji): Ushi ni Negai wo: Love & Farm

* Format: Renzoku

* Genre: Agriculture, Education, Humour

* Broadcast network: Fuji TV

* Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-03 to ??

* Air time: Tuesday 22:00

Synopsis

The story revolves around six third-year students at the Tokyo University of Agriculture who go to Hokkaido for a summer to get first-hand training in an agricultural setting. They will perform tasks such as milking a cow, cleaning pig sties, and feeding animals. One scene even features a cow giving birth. - Tokyograph (http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-1007) The drama will also deal with the administrative issues in the financially challenged city of Yubari.

Cast

* Tamayama Tetsuji

* Koide Keisuke

* Nakata Atsuhiko

* Aibu Saki

* Karina

* Toda Erika

* Tanaka Kei

* Arimura Miki

* Hamada Mari

* Aijima Kazuyuki

* Ichige Yoshie

* Kohinata Fumiyo

* Osugi Ren

• 1 month later...
Guest jade_frost

Official website: http://www.ktv.co.jp/ushi/

Article and pictures from the press conference yesterday: http://www.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertainmen...706/graph/28_2/

Tamayama has grown stubble!

Cast

Tamayama Tetsuji - Takashimizu Takashi: Born in Hokkaido. Son of a cattle farmer. He received superior education as a child, and later enrolls in Kanto Agricultural University bearing the expectations of his father and the town on his shoulders. Because he repeated school, he's 3 years older than the other students. Takashi who had grown up questioning the hard life of a cattle farmer, is enjoying his life in Tokyo and decides he never wants to follow in his parents footsteps.

Aibu Saki - Fujii Ayaka: Born in Saitama. Originally studying food sanitation in a short-term program with the aim of becoming a caregiver at a kindergarten, Ayaka decides she wants to go further and transfers to the 4-year program. She's an endearing girl who is bright and full of playfulness.

Koide Keisuke - Mano Tohei: Born in Tokyo. His father works in the Agriculture Ministry, his mother is a translator. His older brother holds a doctorate in agriculture. The opposite of Takashi, Tohei is the warm, passionate and emotional sort. He's full of desire to learn, energetic. "A country that isn't self-sufficient in food isn't an independent country," these were the remarks of former French President Charles de Gaulle, and also a sentiment his father shares so Tohei enrols in Kanto Agricultural University.

Karina - Suenaga Mihoko: Born in Kanagawa. Her good looks make her stand out conspicuously amongst her peers at the university. Mihoko is the type who wants to live life her way. There's a famous animal feed company in her hometown and at her parents' suggestion, she enrols in Kanto Agriculture University. However, having been treated as a doll by her parents since young, Mihoko is strongly resentful. In particular, her mother has remained excessively meddlesome despite being apart from her daugther.

Toda Erika - Chiba Kazumi: Born in Fukuoka. Kazumi is the most excellent student on campus. Her professors have deep faith in her. She is an elite student who has been puzzling over global warming and wealth disparity, food security and the ideal way of life.

Nakata Atsuhiko - Wakamatsu Ryouta: Born in Hyogo. Ryouta orginally planned to become an artist. But he mistook the agriculture university's enviromental design course for an art course and was accepted into the program. He seems a weird person whose mind always seems miles away, dazedly looking into the space, and illustrating avant garde drawings. But is in truth quite a romantic.

Ushi ni Negai o starts airing next Tuesday 10.00 pm on Fuji TV.

Guest ponkie

Toda Erika - Chiba Kazumi: Born in Fukuoka. Kazumi is the most excellent student on campus. Her professors have deep faith in her. She is an elite student who has been puzzling over global warming and wealth disparity, food security and the ideal way of life.

First off, thank you for the translation :)

Secondly, reading this made me laugh. It's like a total opposite from Nao. I'm interesting to see how she'll portray Kazumi.

I love almost all the people from this cast. Tuesday is a hot day.

Guest jade_frost

First off, thank you for the translation :)

Secondly, reading this made me laugh. It's like a total opposite from Nao. I'm interesting to see how she'll portray Kazumi.

I love almost all the people from this cast. Tuesday is a hot day.

:D

This drama looks like a domestic Hokkaido Tourism promotion initiative.

ver02_1024x768.jpg

Guest jade_frost

30s spot trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVXfXOYCJGE

1467c920a1fad1.jpg

According to the relationship chart, the characters played by Karina and Aibu Saki are interested in Tamayama Tetsuji's Takashi. While Toda Erika takes a liking to Koide Keisuke's Tohei. The two guys find each other repulsive. For Tanaka Kei's character, it's love at first sight when he sees Karina.

Thanks jade_frost for all the info~! I watched the first 2 episodes and I like it~! There are funny/cute/emotional/heart-warming moments. Looking forward to the rest of the series~! :D

In episode 1, I was awed when they really helped deliver a baby calf.

:o

B.O.N FunSubs PRESENTS

[KTV] Ushi ni Negai wo: Love & Farm (牛に願いを: Love & Farm)

aka: Wish Upon a Cow: Love & Farm

Episode 1 Eng Subs

Translator: Ephesus@gmail.com

Spot Translator: yuubou

Editor/QC: SeReNiTy

Encoder/Coordinator: scarlett0512

Special thanks to ephesus for the translations and tianj for the timed file.

Minna-san, enjoy~! :wub:

^--- thanks so much for the subs.

just finished the 1st ep. i love it. i actually love the simplicity of the drama. i love the actors in it as well. Tamayama... what can I say? i have such a huge crush on this guy. :P

man... the way he delivered that cow. it was so... impressive.

hmm, Aibu Saki looks different. i think she lost some weight or it's just because she has shorter hair. i adore her so much from Attention Please and Regatta.

anyhoo, looking forward to the upcoming eps.

Guest chicken_oh_so_cute

I tried watching this drama . it was boring so I watched another series

i don't think it's the cast.. the story is too boring

Guest jade_frost

From WM Penn at Yomiuri:

Set in Hokkaido's beautiful Kitami cow country, it's the story of six agricultural students from Tokyo who are doing a summer internship on three local dairy farms. But this is not a comedy that commiserates with the cows being milked by a student brandishing the latest in Tokyo nail art. It's a real drama with character development. Will wonders never cease! Viewers will want to stick around to watch the group transform into mature adults.

After one of the girls makes a costly mistake, the farmers pronounce this group one of the worst sets of interns ever. Yet by Day 2, the six, led by Takashi (Tetsuji Tamayama), are all pulling together to deliver a calf. Takashi is the son of one of the dairy farmers who was sent south to study. He has returned as an intern-turned-Tokyo-sophisticate, who announces he does not intend to come back to this town without a future. He does not realize that to the community, he is their hope for the future.

Potentially four stars.

Guest alakina

i am too late to know this series :( too many beautiful doramas to download :D this is definitely a must to watch. it seems that the setting is nice.

thanks bon funsubs!

Guest shinhaku

i really like the theme song, i think i'm falling in love with hokkaido even more after watching many shows w/ setting in hokkaido XD

Guest jade_frost

Drama “Ushi ni Negai o” depicts nature and struggles of growing up

Agriculture University students come of age in farm setting

Like its title, Ushi ni Negai o ~ Love & Farm (Wish Upon A Cow ~ Love & Farm), which raises a chuckle, Fuji TV’s new drama which airs every Tuesday at 10.00 p.m. is a heartwarming coming-of-age drama.

A group of six students at the Agricultural University leave Tokyo for the livestock farms of Hokkaido to learn dairy farming in earnest during the summer of their third year. Some of have come reluctantly in order to gain acdemic credits while others are here with a holiday mood.

However, they come to learn the harshness of nature and the preciousness of life.

The main character, Takashimizu Takashi (Tamayama Tetsuji), is the son and heir to Takashimizu farm, one of the farms the students are training at. Enjoying university and city life, he is increasingly ambivalent about harsh farm life. Told that he will fail if he doesn’t participate in the practical training, Takashi grudgingly returns to his hometown.

The other five students are Mano Tohei (Koide Keisuke), who comes from a family of intellectuals; Wakamatsu Ryuta (Nakata Atsuhiko), who originally aspired to be an artist; Fujii Ayaka (Aibu Saki), who leads a haphazard life; beautiful Suenaga Mihoko (Karina), who grew up in a wealthy family; and the school’s best student Chiba Kazumi (Toda Erika).

In the third year of university, they are standing at the crossroads of their lives and having a variety of problems and complexes, but they gain a “spiritual awakening” through their practical training in Hokkaido.

Producer Shigematsu Keichi hopes those who are in their youth will think that such things are great, and even those who have passed their youth will want to ‘return to those days’ when they watch this drama.

In episode one (aired 3 July),

the students, unaccustomed to looking after the cows, unwittingly combine forces with Takashi, who has turned his back on dairy farming, to help a cow that has suddenly gone into labour. In episode two (aired 10 July), the antagonism between Takashi and Tohei heightens over the care of the newborn calf, while city council member Miyamoto Natsumi (Nakajima Tomoko) warns that the town will be in trouble if Takashi’s practical training fails to yield results.

Takashi decides to take part in the training and the students start bonding in episode three (aired 17 July). The episode also sees father, Hiroki (Osugi Ren), and son clash over the method of livestock control.

In contrast with Hokkaido’s idyllic scenery, the drama’s backdrop is the harsh daily reality of livestock farming, the shrinking population and other local issues.

Country living has recently drawn great attention with the signs of popularity of the slow food movement and weekend farming.

The young people grow as they wrestle with nature, and the drama seems to realistically convey the difficulty and joys of facing nature.

Source: http://www.iza.ne.jp/news/newsarticle/entertainment/66348/

Guest moochi2000

they've got a lot of good casts for this one..well especially mr.sexy hahaha (tetsuji)

yah after watching the first episode a few weeks ago, i thought the plot is pretty simple and i had to give this drama up

but if for some reason there will be a twist of events i will be watching again...

the scene at the end of episode 1 was pretty intense though (go tetsuji!)

Guest Chakra'ca

I tried watching this drama . it was boring so I watched another series

i don't think it's the cast.. the story is too boring

I thought it was boring too at first. I started watching because I liked the cast. The story itself is more simple but by the 3rd episode the drama actually gets more interesting. I'm glad I kept watching.

Archived